• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

More likely they were just assholes who wanted to get their friend in there. Any real raid group would talk about DPS issues if they existed. Really not hard to say "everyone use a sniper."

more like everyone run a ToM

i dont really like the sniper strat. there's a lot of light around that area and a lot going on and i dont trust some players to land every shot on oryx

ive had everyone rocking high dps weapons and everyone shooting at oryx from the second he was vulnerable and he still completed his wipe smack

only answer is people were missing--long reloads, etc

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Downloading the demo for "Destiny: The taken king" now. Haven't played it before but i do love Borderlands.
It's veerrrrrry different than Borderlands. Feel free to hang out here and post questions!
how the hell do i get to the trenchway
Story mission, can't remember the name, the one where your ghost is all like
Do you think they can see us?

I THINK THEY CAN SEE US

Sunbreaker does need to be tweaked..

..which is unfortunate because Bungie doesn't how to nerf in moderation (o hi Autorifles/Handcannons).

he's going to go from being OP to shit.

The problem is that Sunbreakers are incredibly ill-balanced in relation to itself. They have a crazy OP super, but their non-super-game, like all other Titan subclasses, is very weak. They have one good grenade option, and a melee that's good for PvE low-end content. (I double-dare you to Melting Point a raid boss.)

Compare that to Nightstalkers with smoke, keen scout, etc. A great neutral (non-super) game and a very useful non-OP super.

Nerfing Hammer of Sol needs to happen, but we should get something else in return, otherwise it's another terrible Titan class.

Gotta reverse your strategy. Put your emphasis on taking out the Blights, then the adds they spawn, and DPS the boss between waves. After 4 waves (I think its 4) of Adds they stop and then it's 3v1 against Draviks. Ran with some groups that finished with 2-3mins leftover.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a shot next time. That does make sense... it got to a point where we couldn't stick our heads out for more than a second. Hopefully next chance, I'll have more time.

lmao

oh sure, these are the fallen, but will anyone help your bubbie up off the sofa? no

Nice... didn't even realize I typed the 'v'. My wife always kvetches that I don't visit my poor bubbie and spend all my time playing too much Destiny.
I'll have to make her a nice kishka.

giphy.gif

Prepare thyself.

131.gif

Titans need to be left alone

good lord they got absolutely no love for an entire year while everyone was blinking around and self rezzing

lord let us have this one thing

There is a few more PMs left as of now. If you did PM me and did not get an invite, I will get the rest of you guys in a little bit. However if you do not get a invite from me in 3 days max, resend me a PM.

If you are still waiting for an invite or want to be accepted into the new Destiny GAF Community on PSN due to the new firmware, please spam me PMs with your GAF name and PSN name :3

I did not look over the thread so if you posted your info, I did miss it. Please PM me with your PSN name and GAF name.

It's the same psn community Gutz created and as of now there are only 3 mods. If you want a more faster entry spam
jk dont spam them you can spam me if you wanna haha :p
GutZ31, Afrocious or Hawkian. Also this is the other 3 mods, there's also the Destiny Thread on the Gaming side. I been checking it here and there adding some people as well. Just tho I would mention it for you guys.

P.s O yeah if I am "playing" MGSV I am prob away and left it on to grind resources.

The problem is that Sunbreakers are incredibly ill-balanced in relation to itself. They have a crazy OP super, but their non-super-game, like all other Titan subclasses, is very weak. They have one good grenade option, and a melee that's good for PvE low-end content. (I double-dare you to Melting Point a raid boss.)

Compare that to Nightstalkers with smoke, keen scout, etc. A great neutral (non-super) game and a very useful non-OP super.

Nerfing Hammer of Sol needs to happen, but we should get something else in return, otherwise it's another terrible Titan class.

Or Bungie should learn to nerf separately from PvP and PvE. They still seem to have trouble doing that.

Check which ones you need on the Ghost Hunter site. We can then see how to get them faster.

The T2 CoO will be easy if you have a stolen rune. If you don't get the boss combination you need you can just leave the arena and let the event cancel. Won't use up the rune and you can try again.

These are the ones showing up on my Warlock;

http://destinyghosthunter.net/ghosts/psn/mandrakeuk/dreadnaught/

Although I have a feeling that my Titan has one ghost that my Warlock doesnt, probably from tier 2 CoO. I have no idea which one.

Frenden

Banned
Yup. That shit is why I don't really post here anymore. Well, it's one of the reasons.

Most of the regulars are pretty positive. I'm happy with everything except the state of legendary hand cannons. Shrug.

Don't let a few negative nancies ruin the community for you! We're nice!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If anyone needs more invites to the DGAF PSN Community, shoot me a PM with your PSN. I'll get to them once I get off work, unless there's other mods on their PS4.
I have a handful to get to after work as well... can't believe there's no way to do this outside of the PSN at all
more like everyone run a ToM

i dont really like the sniper strat. there's a lot of light around that area and a lot going on and i dont trust some players to land every shot on oryx

ive had everyone rocking high dps weapons and everyone shooting at oryx from the second he was vulnerable and he still completed his wipe smack

only answer is people were missing--long reloads, etc
Umm.. well since I'm sure you can recognize how deeply unrealistic it is to expect all groups to have all members wielding a Touch of Malice at this point, what are you actually advocating over sniper rifles?

In my experience, of any factor contributing, Weapons of Light makes the biggest difference. It offers a lot of leeway in overall DPS that isn't there without it.
The problem is that Sunbreakers are incredibly ill-balanced in relation to itself. They have a crazy OP super, but their non-super-game, like all other Titan subclasses, is very weak. They have one good grenade option, and a melee that's good for PvE low-end content. I double-dare you to Melting Point a raid boss.
Works on
Golgoroth

I really hate nights when I get nothing accomplished. Tried the 300+ Sunless Cell strike for my exotic sword with multiple groups -- all failed.

Failed twice on the Black Spindle run.

And failed to find a group to do the raid. Feel like I just wasted 3 hours of my life.

MrDaravon

Are there enough people around to get a crucible train going?

Only other thing I feel like doing this week is KF but all the experienced raiders I know have already done it this week. I'm at that point I just want it to be efficient now where everyone in the group knows what to do :/

Sounds kinda bad but yea... Surely I'm not the only one that feels that way tho. You struggle through it once or twice then you want the raid on farm status. Really wish I had a static raid group again.

Yup. I couldn't get on reset day past a couple minutes in the morning just to grab the daily bounties, I get on late yesterday and everyone has done everything lol. Not even worried about getting the Raid done now this week, trying to get my other characters up and through the myriad of quest bullshit.

Kyne

Hate seeing shit like this. Let me see your work on balancing games please. Obviously they're not perfect at it but damn this arm chair developer mentality.

I'm not asking for perfection, I'm asking for them not to go literally half a year without changing any kind obvious problem childs.

When autorifles were wiped off the crucible loadout they did absolutely nothing.

When asked about Thorn despite the entire internet knowing it was OP they said they wanted it to "play out" with no real reason.

They have done a lot of good but it hasn't changed the fact that for some reason whenever they fuck up big time (when it comes to crucible) they always drop the ball and lose sight of things.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Sunbreaker does need to be tweaked..

..which is unfortunate because Bungie doesn't how to nerf in moderation (o hi Autorifles/Handcannons).

he's going to go from being OP to shit.

And yet Warlocks had OP melee and armor since the beginning of time. All this sunbreaker salt is hilarious.

Also people complaining about the Sunstrike melee being a OHK. Keep in mind, it has basically 0 range. If you get rolled up on by a Titan, you should be smacked into oblivion. Considering Warlocks and Hunters have range on a melee, and one buffs overshield on hit...Give me a break.

Lee

Well, what's going wrong at Oryx? Maybe we can pinpoint the issue and offer advice first so you can give it another shot. Is it stunning him for Doxology? Wrong person on the relic?

We made a couple adjustments on the fly after a few successive wipes last night and then blasted him off the face of the Dreadnaught

I appreciate it man but I'm not sure where to begin. I believe we have the wrong person running relic, first off, but he wouldn't take that well. I think it's best if we just split, unfortunately.

Otherwise, what's going wrong?
Ogre's being forgotten, so the two floaters are fucking up somehow. Adds killing people while taking down the knight. Multiple people popping nighthawk despite that being called out and designated. Not enough DPS to flinch Crota every time without nighthawks, despite everyone having the right level/build/snipers. Feels like noone is using supers/generating orbs, but noone speaks up when this is brought up. People crossing paths during bombardment, getting each other killed, no fucking clue why. It feels like everytime we do get him to flinch and hit all four bombs, people die to adds on the way back to center or the bombs go off and don't do any damage. All in all, we suck as a group.

Thing is, it's not like one person is always to blame. I joined an LFG group the other night after we failed for hours, and they didn't have a runner, so I stepped up and we got it done in one try. Could I do this with my group? Take over as runner and expect everything to change? Doubtful, considering all the other problems we're having. I think we need to cut our losses and split at this point. Just frustrating. We've all gone flawless, killed Skolas, all of that. Something about this encounter.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Most of the regulars are pretty positive. I'm happy with everything except the state of legendary hand cannons. Shrug.

Don't let a few negative nancies ruin the community for you! We're nice!
It's not necessarily that things need to be positive. Suggestions are great but generic "bungie can't balance for shit" comments don't present any room for discussion. I think if you play this game enough you know it's faults through and through and Luke being here taking notes shows that we can actually give criticism that matters, critiques we may actually see change the game for the better. I think that's the community we should be going for as opposed to a positive or negative echo chamber. We get enough of those bullshit comments on gaming side.

Game development is not an easy task and I can say that from the outside looking in. I remember when they were fixing heavy ammo drops at the beginning of the year and they spoke on how they basically have to revamp their whole ammo drop system just to keep the game from stealing your heavy on respawn. Shits, complicated and every change can break the game in some obvious or subtle way.

Are any experienced King's Fall raiders raiding tomorrow night?

I've spent the last two weeks making it to the 2nd and 3rd Bosses with 90% new players. I can only raid one night and week and I'm getting antsy. I really want to beat Oryx.

I'll be raising again tomorrow night but afaik the group is full. If anyone drops and you're still looking then we could get you in there.

Kyne

and if it hasn't come across clear my main is a Titan. I'm just getting worked up because I know that all this outcry is going to cause my dino-arm class to get sent back to the stone age.

it's saddening.

I have to agree, i dont see anyone really using HC's anymore.

They feel a bit like AR's pre-TTK

i used to love HC, got the raid one and hated, just infused it into mine treads upon stars to 305 ... the ace of spades is really nice, but i feel like its not the same thing anymore =(

LTWood12

I'll be raising again tomorrow night but afaik the group is full. If anyone drops and you're still looking then we could get you in there.

Are any experienced King's Fall raiders raiding tomorrow night?

I've spent the last two weeks making it to the 2nd and 3rd Bosses with 90% new players. I can only raid one night and week and I'm getting antsy. I really want to beat Oryx.

Colonel doesn't need the loot from our run. I'm sure he'd gladly give you his spot. He was just doing it because we're a fun bunch. ;)

Where is this fucking fragment?! aghhhh

Top Bottom