• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I appreciate it man but I'm not sure where to begin. I believe we have the wrong person running relic, first off, but he wouldn't take that well. I think it's best if we just split, unfortunately.

Otherwise, what's going wrong?
Ogre's being forgotten, so the two floaters are fucking up somehow. Adds killing people while taking down the knight. Multiple people popping nighthawk despite that being called out and designated. Not enough DPS to flinch Crota every time without nighthawks, despite everyone having the right level/build/snipers. Feels like noone is using supers/generating orbs, but noone speaks up when this is brought up. People crossing paths during bombardment, getting each other killed, no fucking clue why. It feels like everytime we do get him to flinch and hit all four bombs, people die to adds on the way back to center or the bombs go off and don't do any damage. All in all, we suck as a group.

Thing is, it's not like one person is always to blame. I joined an LFG group the other night after we failed for hours, and they didn't have a runner, so I stepped up and we got it done in one try. Could I do this with my group? Take over as runner and expect everything to change? Doubtful, considering all the other problems we're having. I think we need to cut our losses and split at this point. Just frustrating. We've all gone flawless, killed Skolas, all of that. Something about this encounter.
Hehe, I can't stop calling him Crota either.

Well, you did indeed describe just about every area of the fight, so I see where you're coming from in just wanting to pronounce the group dead.

I will mention three factors just in case

-Getting a Weapons of Light bubble up for every Doxology stagger? It gives you a lot more leeway than you have without it
-Dying on the way back from the bombs- not a big deal in normal mode at least. The bombardment phase lasts longer than 30 seconds so everyone will be able to be rezzed.
-Bombs going off and not doing any damage- Oryx MUST be shot again to some extent after the detonations to "lock in" the damage. I didn't notice this at all my first time killing him but actually tested it out during the second run.

PuMa

Wise words Lawd Puma. It's fun with a group, but horrible with randoms.

Yeah, that's my problem. When I jump in crucible, it's usually by myself and just for the daily or a couple of quick matches. Going into rift solo is a nightmare. It's always a completely one-sided battle with me on the team getting destroyed.

SkylineRKR

Well fuck, I don't have any rare or legendary handguns to dismantle for the Ace of Spades quest.

Luckily i read about it early enough, though I did dismantle the likes of Ill Will and Revelator earlier. I don't want to dismantle FB, but I can do without Timur, which is 5. And I've saved 5 rares I got during strikes.

Do strikes, and hope you'll find some. Or buy a legendary which counts for 5.

zewone

What's wrong with sunbreakers? You just need to shoot a golden gun and done!

If you don't have a GG, kiss your ass good bye.

They get damage resistance buff.

They get a agility boost buff.

They get one-hit kill projectiles, and not just 3, but as many as they can lob before their super runs out. For god knows what reason, Bungie didn't decide to have the projectiles drain super.

Oh, and the projectiles have homing, which only helps with Destiny's overgenerous auto aim.

No other classes super has that many positives.

Wallach

I hope there is some way to get Dunemarchers without just waiting for Xur to sell it. Been my most desired exotic armor since it showed up in the Armory but there's been no sign of it.

void666

Banned
I enjoy rift when teams are balanced. Which is rare. But it's a fun mode when it works properly.

Yesterday report that no one asked for:

Arc sword quest done. Almost got it done with randoms but we wiped. Thankfully one of the guys got disconnected and i had to ask a friend to help.

That small dark arena with a berserk alak hul, 3 knights and ocasionally adds is insane.
It's doable but you won't have a good time. It's better with everyone doing the same sword.
And bring your light beyond nemesis or one of your alpha lupi.

And we did the black spindle first try. I couldn't believe it. We cleared the rooms really quickly but died a lot in the boss room. I knew we would fail but we didn't. My friend also got 2 exotic engrams and the ship. Lucky bastard.
Cleared the black spindle mission 4 times yesterday.

more like everyone run a ToM

i dont really like the sniper strat. there's a lot of light around that area and a lot going on and i dont trust some players to land every shot on oryx

ive had everyone rocking high dps weapons and everyone shooting at oryx from the second he was vulnerable and he still completed his wipe smack

only answer is people were missing--long reloads, etc

People that haven't beaten the raid (like the original poster) don't have ToM. Snipers are incredibly easy to use and accessible to all players. If people can't hit that enormous gaping hole in his chest then they need to see an ophthalmologist before raiding again.

Disclaimer: I realize we've fallen off the wagon w spoiler tags but technically there's one day left :-/ Maybe I'll post the new OT tonight if we get close enough.

Lee

-Bombs going off and not doing any damage- Oryx MUST be shot again to some extent after the detonations to "lock in" the damage. I didn't notice this at all my first time killing him but actually tested it out during the second run.

I had read this and
asked, repeatedly, the two not on bomb duty to keep shooting Crota, and I did this on my successful run as runner,
so you're probably right re
bombs not doing damage and this being the cause

Thanks for the input. Would be fun to play with you PS4 folks. Maybe next generation.

Lnkn52

People that haven't beaten the raid (like the original poster) don't have ToM. Snipers are incredibly easy to use and accessible to all players. If people can't hit that enormous gaping hole in his chest then they need to see an ophthalmologist before raiding again.

Disclaimer: I realize we've fallen off the wagon w spoiler tags but technically there's one day left :-/ Maybe I'll post the new OT tonight if we get close enough.

I'm ready for new OT hence PM.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Luckily i read about it early enough, though I did dismantle the likes of Ill Will and Revelator earlier. I don't want to dismantle FB, but I can do without Timur, which is 5. And I've saved 5 rares I got during strikes.

Do strikes, and hope you'll find some. Or buy a legendary which counts for 5.
Damn. I dismantled a Revelator (one of the few sacrifices I've ever made from my HC collection) a while ago. Didn't know about that quest step.

Oh well. I really don't have a problem working on these quests in a more piecemeal way. It makes it feel like there are still a ton of rewards waiting for me despite the amount I play.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I had read this and
asked, repeatedly, the two not on bomb duty to keep shooting Crota, and I did this on my successful run as runner,

Thanks for the input. Would be fun to play with you PS4 folks. Maybe next generation.

I love how everyone calls Oryx Crota. I do it too sometimes.

These delineations I keep seeing regarding the Sunbreaker class don't allow for actual logical analysis. Some variables are weighted more than others. "Yeah, Titan has the best super, but the worst melee." That doesn't balance out whatsoever because the lethality of the super far outweighs the utility of any class' melee.

As for the grenade, the Sunbreaker has a really good one. That's all you need. Pre 2.0 Bladedancer had one good grenade and 2 shit ones, but nobody cared because you only equip one. How about this counter: Bladedancers only have one good jump. One. Does it make any sense to analyze the other jumps that nobody fucking uses? And on that point, people are leaving out the fact that the Titan has the best mobility in the game, and with the slight blink nerf, that fact can be realized by more of the player base.

I've been sarcastically saying the Hammer is fine how it is since the DLC because it is such an absurd position, but this board already has posts about how it is fine or can get a nerf only if the Sunbreaker gets something in return. The super has more armor than any other super and more lethality than any other super (prox at range over GG and twice the uses). Oh, it also has invincibility frames and instant health regen. It's fucking broken, and it's painfully obvious.

Something has to be the best super. It can be the Hammer. But let's not accept one super being this significantly superior to all others because of some faux-logical analysis about overall kit.

sajj316

Rift maps aren't designed well for it but some of the mechanics need work. Spark spawn points should be at different locations. Otherwise, it's a sprint to the spawn point and stay there for the whole match. I'm also not a fan of spark runners earning points (or that many points) while holding the spark. It ends up with one team basically holding the spark and never scoring because the other team is always on the defensive.

LordofPwn

expecting more than i should in the weekly update today.

Things i want addressed:
upcoming update 2.0.1.0
Weapon balancing in PVE/PVP
Subclass balancing in PVP
Sleeper Simulant update (seems to only get trolls and that's not healthy for the community)
Are Spindle drops going to get nerfed?
Hard Mode Raid, when is it?
Paris Games Week?
Trials?
Iron Banner?
the 3 missing fragments on the dreadnaught
What's the next step for destiny? I'm 307 on my warlock and other than finding the sleeper and hard mode raid that character is pretty much done (still have crucible related quests that will take awhile need 5 more multi kill novabombs). My Hunter is approaching the same place and my TITAN will be starting up this weekend.

Edit: Top of Page shoutout to my Clan
Endguard%20Text_NEW%20%280-00-00-00%29.png

Afrocious

The hardest part of Oryx so far is
being able to get the first shot on my ogre. I turn to my side to shoot it and he's already dead because
we're too OP

SkylineRKR

Damn. I dismantled a Revelator (one of the few sacrifices I've ever made from my HC collection) a while ago. Didn't know about that quest step.

Oh well. I really don't have a problem working on these quests in a more piecemeal way. It makes it feel like there are still a ton of rewards waiting for me despite the amount I play.

Its not a huge problem. I probably got about 10 rares within a few days of doing 36 Strikes. But it sucks once you're at the step, and you just want the AoS right there. I'm only halfway towards Rank 3, so its nice to have enough in the vault when the time comes.

spyder_ur

Can't thank my raid crew members Haybro and GRIP enough for assisting me in getting the Spindle last night! Took us three attempts but third time was the charm! Didn't get the ship but GRIP's great RNG continued as he got it. Now to get my exotic sword tonight or tomorrow night!

Now if I could just get a Jade Rabbit, Zhalo and/or the Telesto. I'm having awful luck with legendary primary or secondary engrams dropping. The only exotic ones I've gotten are gauntlets :/

Happy to hear you got it done - sorry I wasn't around to throw some hammers.

Jade Rabbit is kind of meh in my opinion, I've cooled on it alot. I really want the Zhalo and Telesto though.

MrS

Banned
If you don't have a GG, kiss your ass good bye.

They get damage resistance buff.

They get a agility boost buff.

They get one-hit kill projectiles, and not just 3, but as many as they can lob before their super runs out. For god knows what reason, Bungie didn't decide to have the projectiles drain super.

Oh, and the projectiles have homing, which only helps with Destiny's overgenerous auto aim.

No other classes super has that many positives.
Lets not kid ourselves, Bladedancer is just as deadly as Sunbreaker.

rNilla

My prophecy of never having enough marks to buy a weapon holds true as I accidentally spent them all on a cloak from the Speaker when converting shards to glimmer yesterday. :/

Kyne

I hope there is some way to get Dunemarchers without just waiting for Xur to sell it. Been my most desired exotic armor since it showed up in the Armory but there's been no sign of it.

looks to be that way..

The only alternative is the Nightfall/KF loot table but I feel like enough people have run it that we'd already see some in the wild. I've seen 0.

Maybe that's the true purpose of Xur. Selling exotics unobtainable by any other means.

I had read this and

You don't need to shoot him while people on bomb duty run off to detonate, you just need to shoot him when the bombs blow up to make the damage register. It doesn't matter how much damage you do while shooting, Oryx takes a set amount of damage based on detonating all the bombs. Everyone can shoot him once they get back in the Aura after detonating.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm not asking for perfection, I'm asking for them not to go literally half a year without changing any kind obvious problem childs.

When autorifles were wiped off the crucible loadout they did absolutely nothing.

When asked about Thorn despite the entire internet knowing it was OP they said they wanted it to "play out" with no real reason.

They have done a lot of good but it hasn't changed the fact that for some reason whenever they fuck up big time (when it comes to crucible) they always drop the ball and lose sight of things.
your points have a lot of merit and it is on bungie to fix thing that they break. My point was more or less that we don't have the whole story and bungie doesn't communicate with us in detail the inner workings of their development ecosystem, but that doesn't mean they don't attempt to fix things. from the patch team to the raid team we don't have a fly on the wall but to say they're completely shit at balancing things when there are a lot of things they've fixed and they've fixed correctly while saying they can't balance for shit is just disingenuous. There are multiple things that need fixing and I hope they get to it but I'm not going short change them on the good balances they've made in the past. I say this as someone who constantly gets frustrated that shotguns are king, hand cannons mostly suck now, and my arc grensdes on blade dancer shoot out hot air.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait there a weekly crucible now?

This week being clash? So how does this work... I can get 10marks x3?
MAYHEM Clash.

Which, forgive me, is fucking fun as hell. It's so much more enjoyable than I expected. You have to completely divorce yourself from the notions of balance and serious competition of course, and let the ridiculous deaths make you laugh. But it's a blast. Somehow I've been in multiple really close matches, even got the top score and killing blow on one, though I was not rewarded :p
You don't need to shoot him while people on bomb duty run off to detonate, you just need to shoot him when the bombs blow up to make the damage register. It doesn't matter how much damage you do while shooting, Oryx takes a set amount of damage based on detonating all the bombs. Everyone can shoot him once they get back in the Aura after detonating.
Right. And
keep shooting after, even during his ZOMG IM FALLING DOWN animation for a leeetle extra damage. Not necessary but fun

I realise we're the 1% of the 1% but I was looking at the trophies for TTK earlier and at the moment the number of players who have beaten the raid is only 2%.

PuMa

The hardest part of Oryx so far is
being able to get the first shot on my ogre. I turn to my side to shoot it and he's already dead because
we're too OP

I think it's usually easier to cross snipe the
ogres
anyways. Much easier to get those stagger shots.

If u hv a team its fun. With randoms its the worst multiplayer Mode in destiny.

Especially when the opposing team always brings the spark from the same path and no one ever picks up on it. Makes you wanna cry

Titans need to be left alone

good lord they got absolutely no love for an entire year while everyone was blinking around and self rezzing

lord let us have this one thing

I don't think anyone cares about the hammers so much rather the fact that they're absurdly resilient to damage for a roaming super. Golden Gun gets no armour at all if you catch them unawares or they use it haphazardly it's gone just like that. Arc Blade dies in 2 shotgun blasts and has to get next to you to kill you. Radiance is ridiculously telegraphed and can be melted by 2 people using primaries.

The 2 now supers are basically, "oh well, guess I'm dead." The 2 panic supers fist of havoc and nova bomb were just that. Something your opponent will occasionally have in the back pocket that you'll have to eat sometimes. The roaming supers in year 1 could all be defeated by smart play.

Baliis

Lets not kid ourselves, Bladedancer is just as deadly as Sunbreaker.

And 100 times easier to kill. They can't survive other supers like sunbreaker often can and they have to get into melee range which opens them up to shotgun melee trades.

Top Bottom