• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

forgrim

The hardest part of Oryx so far is
being able to get the first shot on my ogre. I turn to my side to shoot it and he's already dead because
we're too OP

i'm still trying to figure out who one shot my ogre. my fusion rifle was charging when the ogre died halfway spawned out of the floor.

Avixph

And 100 times easier to kill. They can't survive other supers like sunbreaker often can and they have to get into melee range which opens them up to shotgun melee trades.
Bladedancer also has way more mobility than hammer even with titan skating. They just need to cut the duration on hammer of Sol and stormtrance, getting rid of armor on them will make them useless.

phen0m24

I think it's usually easier to cross snipe the
ogres
anyways. Much easier to get those stagger shots.

THIS IS WHY PUMAS ARE MY FAVORITE ANIMAL
not really

But seriously cross sniping for the win. I could never get a great angle on my ogre (from the low platform),what with him turning his head and being overly ridiculous. If we can initiate

OPERATION: CROSS SNIPE OGRE

in every TUESDAY night Animal Farm/Food Group raid I would be very happy

I would be happier if I could get a Telesto

SkylineRKR

Happy to hear you got it done - sorry I wasn't around to throw some hammers.

Jade Rabbit is kind of meh in my opinion, I've cooled on it alot. I really want the Zhalo and Telesto though.

I love the JR, but I don't have Zhalo yet.

I do rather well with it in PvP, and for PvE I think the FOAF perk is pretty cool. I just killed Taniks without reloading at all. Easy enough to get it to proc on certain bosses.

Kyne

I think balance is in a pretty good place pvp wise atm.

it's in a much better place than it has been all year.

in a perfect world I wish they would tweak handcannons, pulse rifles, shotgun range, and the AA on some sniper rifles. Otherwise I have no complaints.

Especially when the opposing team always brings the spark from the same path and no one ever picks up on it. Makes you wanna cry

I don't think anyone cares about the hammers so much rather the fact that they're absurdly resilient to damage for a roaming super. Golden Gun gets no armour at all if you catch them unawares or they use it haphazardly it's gone just like that. Arc Blade dies in 2 shotgun blasts and has to get next to you to kill you. Radiance is ridiculously telegraphed and can be melted by 2 people using primaries.

The 2 now supers are basically, "oh well, guess I'm dead." The 2 panic supers fist of havoc and nova bomb were just that. Something your opponent will occasionally have in the back pocket that you'll have to eat sometimes. The roaming supers in year 1 could all be defeated by smart play.

striker titans don't even have an effect in higher level PVE play --at least nova bombs can be used at a distance

sunbreakers actually aren't that beefy--the thing that makes them near indestructable is cauterzie, which is restrengthening their armor each time they get a kill with the hammer

if they want to cut down how long the super lasts by 25%, I'd be fine with that pvp wise, but much more...

ATTENTION

I have family coming over this weekend and need to get 2 raid runs in before then.
I also must be careful of the wife enrage.
one raid this afternoon, another raid tomorrow afternoon.

Who wants to run a raid at about 4 pm eastern this afternoon?

not really

But seriously cross sniping for the win. I could never get a great angle on my ogre (from the low platform),what with him turning his head and being overly ridiculous. If we can initiate

Don't worry, during the Fun Run I'll save you from your ogre

I have a Telesto

PuMa

not really

We've got pumas, we've got hawks, we've got wafers, we've got wallachs (what's a wallach???). What more can you ask for?

I'm getting quite annoyed with the groups I somehow keep getting invited to -_-. Seems the new trend is to play your music through the mic to annoy people x____x.

it's in a much better place than it has been all year.

in a perfect world I wish they would tweak handcannons, pulse rifles, shotgun range, and the AA on some sniper rifles. Otherwise I have no complaints.

pulse rifles are in a good place right? whats wrong with them

most hand cannons are fine--both Hawkmoon is the most dominant mid range gun in the game and TLW is extremely dominant within close range.

auto rifles are pretty good all around--you're not going to outduel the other guns at their best ranges, but I love using my suros

sniper aa?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lets not kid ourselves, Bladedancer is just as deadly as Sunbreaker.
Aw come on, this is laughable. I've mained a bladedancer since launch. If I could throw my arc blades and they exploded on imapct for multi-kills they'd be roughly equivalent... except Sunbreakers would still have more armor.

The Sunbreaker damage resistance just shouldn't be there in PvP. Force it to be used intelligently to compensate for the risk associated with so much offensive capability, as in Bladedancer's need to get up close.

forgrim

I'm getting quite annoyed with the groups I somehow keep getting invited to -_-. Seems the new trend is to play your music through the mic to annoy people x____x.

this has been going on since the days of modern warfare. little kiddies thinking i enjoy whatever justin bieber song they are addicted to for the week.

striker titans don't even have an effect in higher level PVE play --at least nova bombs can be used at a distance

sunbreakers actually aren't that beefy--the thing that makes them near indestructable is cauterzie, which is restrengthening their armor each time they get a kill with the hammer

if they want to cut down how long the super lasts by 25%, I'd be fine with that pvp wise, but much more...

No, they really are quite beefy. They have something like 66% damage reduction. Without them getting a kill you still need to kill the Titan 3 times over to down them.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Lower damage resistance on Titan and max out hammers at 3 per super.

only 3 per super? lol no. Bladedancer and Stormcaller could generate more kills off super.

Damage resistance reduction, that I could see, but not by much.

It's like people can't handle that Titans now have a viable PvP subclass that can compete with God mode warlocks and hunters. Pre TTk the PvP class numbers were super skewed, and for a reason.

Wallach

What's the easiest way for Hadium Flakes just running chest routes? Need 45 more for Eris.

Ranking up with Eris is one of the best things you can do for Hadium Flakes. I got like 14 per rank up package. If you gave any of those pink-border Hive bounties from the Dreadnaught they usually give a load of rep and trigger another. CoO can also grind rep with her pretty quick.

Otherwise all you can do is chest farm.

GRIP

Can't thank my raid crew members Haybro and GRIP enough for assisting me in getting the Spindle last night! Took us three attempts but third time was the charm! Didn't get the ship but GRIP's great RNG continued as he got it. Now to get my exotic sword tonight or tomorrow night!

Now if I could just get a Jade Rabbit, Zhalo and/or the Telesto. I'm having awful luck with legendary primary or secondary engrams dropping. The only exotic ones I've gotten are gauntlets :/

That was a lot of fun (and somewhat stressful)! I had only tried twice before and didn't really come close to getting the boss or adds down. We actually did pretty good on our first two attempts last night despite not clearing it. Actually, I think we made our best time getting to the boss room on our first run.

Now I just have to man up and infuse the damn thing into my 1000 yard stare.

matmanx1

What's wrong with sunbreakers? You just need to shoot a golden gun and done!

Or, more often lately, get void arrow'ed by a Nightstalker and get pulled right out of the super and killed.

and if it hasn't come across clear my main is a Titan. I'm just getting worked up because I know that all this outcry is going to cause my dino-arm class to get sent back to the stone age.

it's saddening.

Hammer may be OP but at this point I look at it as Bungie's way of apologizing for a year of having only Fist of Panic or a Bubble that any Nova Bomb or Golden Gun could out-do. I'd rather not go back to the being the step-child of Destiny PVP if I can help it.

Kyne

you're sort of making it out to be a Gunslinger. The problem with that is that Gunslinger will out-gun a Sunbreaker because of speed. I think 5 hammers and SOME dmg resistance is fair so that no one kills you in the time it takes you to throw a hammer.

Shotguns wildly and outrageously throw off this statement which I'd generally agree with otherwise.

Party Crasher, Chaos Theory D, Chaperone, Felwinter...we've all had those "good lord" deaths, but are they really that much stronger than a good sniper?

I barely equip my shotguns anymore (heck I use an icebreaker) because a sniper can do so much work

Dave_6

Happy to hear you got it done - sorry I wasn't around to throw some hammers.

Jade Rabbit is kind of meh in my opinion, I've cooled on it alot. I really want the Zhalo and Telesto though.

No problem! We were all Hunters and just tethered everything lol. Clearing the 2nd room quickly is the key.

I think the Jade looks cool and I like the way it sounds. Dumb reason to want it I know.

That was a lot of fun (and somewhat stressful)! I had only tried twice before and didn't really come close to getting the boss or adds down. We actually did pretty good on our first two attempts last night despite not clearing it. Actually, I think we made our best time getting to the boss room on our first run.

Now I just have to man up and infuse the damn thing into my 1000 yard stare.

I didn't actually look the first attempt to see how quickly we got through the first part. I like how it came down to us killing the rest of the thrall via melees to end it.

I got two of the 300 light ones and used them to infuse my Stillpiercer and my 1K Yard Stare; they're both now at 299. I'm still not exactly clear on what I need to do now before they nerf it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hand cannons and fusions also need a buff.
While I agree (modest buffs, though), this need is primarily exaggerated by the ability of shotguns to OHK in their engagement space.

Destiny has like totally redefined what I think of as "shotgun range"

this has been going on since the days of modern warfare. little kiddies thinking i enjoy whatever justin bieber song they are addicted to for the week.

I remember those days, I was just hoping if I group up for a raid or strike that they wouldn't do such things x__x. I need another group for these tasks lol

Right. And
keep shooting after, even during his ZOMG IM FALLING DOWN animation for a leeetle extra damage. Not necessary but fun

I haven't seen any evidence that the damage he takes is variable based on how much you shoot him. Every time I've run it he hits the same health points after each cycle. It's my biggest issue with encounter, it doesn't seem possible to ever reduce the clear time.

They should have high damage resistance and have to charge up the hammers before they throw them. The longer they charge it, the further it goes but the more super energy it consumes. So if you want to throw it across the map, you will probably only get 3 shots, but can have 6 in CQB.

vctor182

If you don't have a GG, kiss your ass good bye.

They get damage resistance buff.

They get a agility boost buff.

They get one-hit kill projectiles, and not just 3, but as many as they can lob before their super runs out. For god knows what reason, Bungie didn't decide to have the projectiles drain super.

Oh, and the projectiles have homing, which only helps with Destiny's overgenerous auto aim.

No other classes super has that many positives.

Wow I didn't knew that throwing hammers didn't drain super energy. It should be like Bladedancer or GG were you get 3 hammer throws

spyder_ur

expecting more than i should in the weekly update today.

Things i want addressed:
upcoming update 2.0.1.0
Weapon balancing in PVE/PVP
Subclass balancing in PVP
Sleeper Simulant update (seems to only get trolls and that's not healthy for the community)
Are Spindle drops going to get nerfed?
Hard Mode Raid, when is it?
Paris Games Week?
Trials?
Iron Banner?
the 3 missing fragments on the dreadnaught
What's the next step for destiny? I'm 307 on my warlock and other than finding the sleeper and hard mode raid that character is pretty much done (still have crucible related quests that will take awhile need 5 more multi kill novabombs). My Hunter is approaching the same place and my TITAN will be starting up this weekend.

Edit: Top of Page shoutout to my Clan

Yeah I think your expectations are set a biiiit too high and for the bolded, I don 't even really want to know. The discovery aspect of the game is cool right now IMO.

As for your issue of already being 307 and wanting to know what comes next, well I think you know the answer to that.

I do think we'll get info on Trials and IB, which I'm excited about. Maybe hard mode.

I don't really expect any weapon balancing in the near future, and honestly I think that's fine.

I'd like Spindle clarity too. I mean they said all spindles are going back to 290, but really, what's the harm in leaving them at 310 now and just adjusting it moving forward? People that were able to do it are likely already getting raid drops above 300 and are the ones most likely to 'game' the system using infusion anyways.

Kyoufu

Why?

Just compare it to the other classes. It is op, it can not stay that way.

The hammers need to have a way smaller hitbox or get rid of the autoaim.

Okay maybe you should compare it to other classes instead.

Bladedancers can zip across the map and get kills with Arc Blade just as well.

Stormcallers. Don't even get me started on Stormcallers. They're the janitors and we're the trash. They'll clean up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
PvP would be better off with shotguns removed. Anyone who disagrees needs to be shotgunned in the leg.

I will always think that Warlock's force lightning is more OP than the fire hammers of death. 95% of my hammer of death kills are against people standing still trying to shoot me. My hammers aren't that fast... run away.

only 3 per super? lol no. Bladedancer and Stormcaller could generate more kills off super.

Damage resistance reduction, that I could see, but not by much.

It's like people can't handle that Titans now have a viable PvP subclass that can compete with God mode warlocks and hunters. Pre TTk the PvP class numbers were super skewed, and for a reason.

It should be 50% like everything else. It should still be good but then you'd have to pick your battles like all the other roaming supers. It's pretty derpy right now

While I agree (modest buffs, though), this need is primarily exaggerated by the ability of shotguns to OHK in their engagement space.

Destiny has like totally redefined what I think of as "shotgun range"

Actually other than Halo and some arena shooters, shotgun range in destiny for ohk is pretty much the norm for most shooters and real life (further IRL actually)

that doesn't mean anything in regards to their purpose for the games balance of course, but just stating the fact

Top Bottom