• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GutZ31

Quick moral question for Destiny GAF Community.

I have been receiving requests on behalf of JustGotWicked to join the DGAF Community on PS4.
He has contributed to DGAF members, and DGAF as a whole many times in the PvP end game arena, as well as PvE.
The moral issue is that he has not been approved by the NeoGAF registration yet, so technically does not meet DGAF approval protocol.

Does anyone object to adding him to the community?
If we get more than 10% against his approval, he will have to wait for NeoGAF to register him.

Kyoufu

I have been receiving requests on behalf of JustGotWicked to join the DGAF Community on PS4.
He has contributed to DGAF members, and DGAF as a whole many times in the PvP end game arena, as well as PvE.
The moral issue is that he has not been approved by the NeoGAF registration yet, so technically does not meet DGAF approval protocol.

If we get more than 10% against his approval, he will have to wait for NeoGAF to register him.

Wicked should be in, no question. Not sure why his GAF account hasn't been approved. :/

LiK

I played with him once and he's a cool guy. since you founded the group, up to you.

spyder_ur

I agree shotguns run rampant in crucible right now. I think there's two elements to this:

-New maps heavily favor shotguns
-They nerfed basically anything that was a good counter to shotguns. TLW was my favorite shotgun counter. You can still use it to do that, but the gun is too crappy and limited to use as your primary now.

Still so sad about how they destroyed TLW.

I didn't even realize Wicked wasn't on GAF, which probably tells you all you need to know. I think there's a few other people who I've played a lot with who fit the bill as well and I don't really see any harm. The biggest travesty is that I haven't been invited yet. Or maybe I don't know where to find it on the new PSN.

so is it normally 5 rounds of bombs to kill him for you? everytime I ran it which is about 4-5 times, it's 5 rounds but I feel like it can be done in 4 rounds...maybe I am wrong :lol
I haven't seen any evidence that the damage he takes is variable based on how much you shoot him. Every time I've run it he hits the same health points after each cycle. It's my biggest issue with encounter, it doesn't seem possible to ever reduce the clear time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Just admit him. This shouldn't be some elitist club. If we get dozens of requests from non-members, then we can talk about it.

No objection here. Wicked is great. I got a chance to play with him once and he was very humble and sincere.

I invited him, he declined cause he is not apart of neogaf. I think he should join :3

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I agree shotguns run rampant in crucible right now. I think there's two elements to this:

-New maps heavily favor shotguns
-They nerfed basically anything that was a good counter to shotguns. TLW was my favorite shotgun counter. You can still use it to do that, but the gun is too crappy and limited to use as your primary now.

Still so sad about how they destroyed TLW.

Yeah, the map design is enemy #1 for shotguns. Turn a corner, wham, down. Someone jumps over my head? Wham, down.

GutZ31

Wicked should be in, no question. Not sure why his GAF account hasn't been approved. :/
To be clear, JustGotWicked has not requested to join, and when asked if he would, he wanted to follow protocol, and did not want to make it harder for others to join.

PvP would be better off with shotguns removed. Anyone who disagrees needs to be shotgunned in the leg.

I will always think that Warlock's force lightning is more OP than the fire hammers of death. 95% of my hammer of death kills are against people standing still trying to shoot me. My hammers aren't that fast... run away.

Agree about Shotguns.

Disagree about running away. Sector says hi.

Both supers are bullshit but I can still headshot snipe Stormcallers.

deoee

Okay maybe you should compare it to other classes instead.

Bladedancers can zip across the map and get kills with Arc Blade just as well.

Stormcallers. Don't even get me started on Stormcallers. They're the janitors and we're the trash. They'll clean up.

GG has more mobility yes, but you are easily killed, you "only" have the 3 shots.
BD can zip, sure but you can easily be one shot by a lucky shotgun shot as you need to approach melee range. You have a bit of armor but not much you can't reach floating targets.
NS is the hardest class to use in Crucible with the super. at best you can one shot 3 people but loose the anchor. The arrow is fairly easily dodgeable, the anchor does not that much for pvp except giving a bit of cc and you have no armor.

I don't play warlocks but I find the stormcallers ability lasts way too long. Often I see a Stormcaller floating around for ages after he has killed me.

The Titan has unlimited one shot hammers with range, auto aim and splash damage. He can sustain any super that should one shot with his super. After a kill he immediatly can regen health, making him nearly invincible.

I don't know - for me it's a cool class but they rushed the balancing or leaved it out.

LiK

I tried using the TLW last night for that quest but it sucks too much for me. no interest in getting the Chaperone anymore. RIP TLW.

and if it hasn't come across clear my main is a Titan. I'm just getting worked up because I know that all this outcry is going to cause my dino-arm class to get sent back to the stone age.

it's saddening.

You're right though. The super is the only thing titan has going for it. Crap melee, mostly bad made. Meh perks. Take away the super and the titan goes back to being crap in PvP.

Impulsor

so is it normally 5 rounds of bombs to kill him for you? everytime I ran it which is about 4-5 times, it's 5 rounds but I feel like it can be done in 4 rounds...maybe I am wrong :lol
4 rounds for us. Plus the final appearance in which you have to shoot him to death

I am raging over here because I can't do the jump with my hunter. The mission where you place the beacons. I raged with my titan too bit I eventuall got it. It's hopeless with my hunter

phen0m24

Don't worry, during the Fun Run I'll save you from your ogre

I have a Telesto

You may want to check out Zoba/Twilight's approach to the ogres too - he had a night stalker hop across the high platforms and he was putting 3 rounds in each ogre. Like a boss.

You were doing fine, it just gets crazy especially when ammo runs out and you have to improvise.

Hammer may be OP but at this point I look at it as Bungie's way of apologizing for a year of having only Fist of Panic or a Bubble that any Nova Bomb or Golden Gun could out-do. I'd rather not go back to the being the step-child of Destiny PVP if I can help it.

What an awful, awful line of thinking.

Okay maybe you should compare it to other classes instead.

Bladedancers can zip across the map and get kills with Arc Blade just as well.

Stormcallers. Don't even get me started on Stormcallers. They're the janitors and we're the trash. They'll clean up.

Fun fact: Titans are faster than Bladedancers in their super. So keep bringing up mobility like it helps your cause. Another fun fact: Arc blade has melee range and that is less range than the hammer.

Stormcallers have less range than Sunbreaker, and will still lose to a Sunbreaker up close, where Stormcaller should be dominant, if the first hammer hits and only tie if the second hammer hits.

deoee

I tried using the TLW last night for that quest but it sucks too much for me. no interest in getting the Chaperone anymore. RIP TLW.

Same thing happened to me. It's enough to have it equipped and use heavy/special but... no it's just too much pain.

I'm waiting for someone to maybe do that for me here on gaf xD

Is this a serious question? Approve that man immediately. He's spent more time helping DGAF than almost every member of DGAF.

Or they could just balance PVE and PVP separately. Really wish they would stop trying to balance the weapons, perks, subclasses, etc together between both PVE and PVP. Its an ongoing battle that has no peaceful end in sight.

SkylineRKR

You don't need to use it. You can only equip it if your super is ready, or you have heavy ammo on you. Then unequip to not risk losing any points. I think the bar really ramps up after multi kills and sprees.

I don't know how its now, but when I did this quest almost 2 weeks ago Classic 6v6 was pathetic. Didn't even unequip TLW, just wrecked with everything I had. I did it in less than 3 games. It can be done much faster than Thorn, you'll just need a good streak.

The Chaperone is extremely cool. I'm glad I did the quest.

Shito

Just know him from seeing him help unstable on the ToO carry trains, but that is enough for me to go with what everyone is saying: let that man in! ^^
I hope he will soon get accepted here on GAF, he seems genuinely cool.

Mindlog

DS4 down -_- Now I know why my jump kept cutting out.
Need to order a parts kit.

So the raid handcannon does more damage than my sniper to certain taken enemies.
The raid HMG also has cocoon.

Some encounters just became really trivial. The Scout Rifle and Sniper have their role to play as well. I abuse these setups all the time outside of the raid so not sure why I delayed putting them to use in the raid.

You're right though. The super is the only thing titan has going for it. Crap melee, mostly bad made. Meh perks. Take away the super and the titan goes back to being crap in PvP.

Yeah this is the big issue being missed when talking about the Hammer. Of course the super itself is OP but it's balanced around an otherwise mediocre PvP subclass. Not saying it shouldn't be tweaked (especially tone down damage resistance even though that will suck for PvE) but we gotta keep in mind the full picture.

Afrocious

Random question about the PS4 controller:

Does it ever crap out randomly for you folks for a few seconds, and then it's back to normal?

Or they could just balance PVE and PVP separately. Really wish they would stop trying to balance the weapons, perks, subclasses, etc together between both PVE and PVP. Its an ongoing battle that has no peaceful end in sight.

Yep and keep on top of balancing as well, every month we should have subtle changes not this blanket bi-yearly nerf/boost nonsense. It only serves to annoy everyone

phen0m24

Is this a serious question? Approve that man immediately. He's spent more time helping DGAF than almost every member of DGAF.

Knowing GutZ I think we're getting splattered by the dripping sarcasm.

#LetWickedIn

do you guys have the relic holder and support guy shoot him while the others set off the bombs?

This doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is shooting him when the bombs blow up. 4 cycles is a standard "perfect" run. If you miss some blights you can do 5 or even 6 cycles before enrage.

Jinjo

Lower damage resistance on Titan and max out hammers at 3 per super.

You're forgetting PvE viability for a second here, my friend.

GG has 3 shots and no armor? How would that make it useless?
GG needs a damage boost since forever for PvE, and now it does too for PvP. GG for one has a way higher range than Sunbreaker. And you can up GG to 4 shots too.

Top Bottom