• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hzoltan69

Quick moral question for Destiny GAF Community.

I have been receiving requests on behalf of JustGotWicked to join the DGAF Community on PS4.
He has contributed to DGAF members, and DGAF as a whole many times in the PvP end game arena, as well as PvE.
The moral issue is that he has not been approved by the NeoGAF registration yet, so technically does not meet DGAF approval protocol.

Does anyone object to adding him to the community?
If we get more than 10% against his approval, he will have to wait for NeoGAF to register him.

He definitely should be in the community.

PuMa

Colonel, I think this is a wallach!

image.php

Namikaze1

Quick moral question for Destiny GAF Community.

I have been receiving requests on behalf of JustGotWicked to join the DGAF Community on PS4.
He has contributed to DGAF members, and DGAF as a whole many times in the PvP end game arena, as well as PvE.
The moral issue is that he has not been approved by the NeoGAF registration yet, so technically does not meet DGAF approval protocol.

Does anyone object to adding him to the community?
If we get more than 10% against his approval, he will have to wait for NeoGAF to register him.
Approve him!

my buddy and i are looking for people to vault of glass raid with on ps4. we've never done it. we're both level 40 with light levels around 216. anybody out there interested in helping us through it tonight for the first time? also, are 6 people a must or can we do it with less? thanks!

deoee

Only thing ive noticed is gun "jamming" so i have to re-trigger it. Not sure if game or controller.

Had that too, you may want to open your DS4 and rearrange / press the triggers tightly back in. Helped.

Oh and you really NEED (everyone here) to swap the awful awful DS4 default sticks with the Xbone Controller ones.
It makes the controller SO much better and is piss easy to do.

You're right though. The super is the only thing titan has going for it. Crap melee, mostly bad made. Meh perks. Take away the super and the titan goes back to being crap in PvP.

People have said the same thing about the Gunslinger. Its side perks aren't great and most people are not proficient with the knives. The grenades have not been as competitive as other classes, so it came down to using the Golden Gun.

Titans are the fastest class and will have an exotic that lets them dodge while airborne. That + a ridiculous super that is enhanced by those perks will skyrocket them to the top.

There's no problem with Titans being competitive but that super needs work.

Dave_6

You don't need to use it. You can only equip it if your super is ready, or you have heavy ammo on you. Then unequip to not risk losing any points. I think the bar really ramps up after multi kills and sprees.

I don't know how its now, but when I did this quest almost 2 weeks ago Classic 6v6 was pathetic. Didn't even unequip TLW, just wrecked with everything I had. I did it in less than 3 games. It can be done much faster than Thorn, you'll just need a good streak.

The Chaperone is extremely cool. I'm glad I did the quest.

Agreed. I'm not that great at PvP and was stuck at 35% for the first part of that quest. One match of classic 6v6 with true noobs and I went 25-3. Finished it up in that one match. Couldn't believe it.

realcZk

I've had the gun jamming issue. More frequently I've been having an issue when turning where it feels like it over-turns or has a sensitivity increase.. behaves kinda like a stuck analog stick. Doesn't last vey long but is very noticeable.

Kyne

Second. I said that yesterday! :p

I'M SURE I SAID IT SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE THAT. DON'T MAKE ME DIG.

Trying to learn it still, whats your setup? I got with Snapshot because I figure I need that quick ADS.

I also think its best with agility build.

yeah, snapshot. Def works best with high movement, perfect for a skating titan 8)

I'm waiting for Dunemarchers as they will be my main pvp exotic. Dunes + Chaperone will be insane.

Yeah this is the big issue being missed when talking about the Hammer. Of course the super itself is OP but it's balanced around an otherwise mediocre PvP subclass. Not saying it shouldn't be tweaked (especially tone down damage resistance even though that will suck for PvE) but we gotta keep in mind the full picture.

I don't think anyone is saying the Hammer needs to be a mediocre super to balance the kit against all others. I'm just in awe that people are justifying a super that is so demonstrably better than all other supers by a wide margin by bringing up melee or bladedancer mobility (lol) or whatever.

Whatever gap existed between Thorn and other guns, that gap is wider between the Hammer and all other supers. It just needs to be brought back to the pack. It can be the best super, but it's completely broken in its current form.

deoee

Agreed. I'm not that great at PvP and was stuck at 35% for the first part of that quest. One match of classic 6v6 with true noobs and I went 25-3. Finished it up in that one match. Couldn't believe it.

Damn... I will have to try this again then.
But it was SUCH A PAIN yesterday... god

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so is it normally 5 rounds of bombs to kill him for you? everytime I ran it which is about 4-5 times, it's 5 rounds but I feel like it can be done in 4 rounds...maybe I am wrong :lol
Currently a "perfect" run of
4 bombs per detonate equals 4 total rounds, plus the final upinyoface moment.

LiK

You don't need to use it. You can only equip it if your super is ready, or you have heavy ammo on you. Then unequip to not risk losing any points. I think the bar really ramps up after multi kills and sprees.

I don't know how its now, but when I did this quest almost 2 weeks ago Classic 6v6 was pathetic. Didn't even unequip TLW, just wrecked with everything I had. I did it in less than 3 games. It can be done much faster than Thorn, you'll just need a good streak.

The Chaperone is extremely cool. I'm glad I did the quest.

so basically equip. try to kill with a special like sniper and save up on supers. i'll try that once I'm done with the sword quest.

LordofPwn

Yeah I think your expectations are set a biiiit too high and for the bolded, I don 't even really want to know. The discovery aspect of the game is cool right now IMO.

As for your issue of already being 307 and wanting to know what comes next, well I think you know the answer to that.

I do think we'll get info on Trials and IB, which I'm excited about. Maybe hard mode.

I don't really expect any weapon balancing in the near future, and honestly I think that's fine.

I'd like Spindle clarity too. I mean they said all spindles are going back to 290, but really, what's the harm in leaving them at 310 now and just adjusting it moving forward? People that were able to do it are likely already getting raid drops above 300 and are the ones most likely to 'game' the system using infusion anyways.

I don't want them to say "This is how you get the sleeper"
I'd like a "Yes the sleeper questline is working correctly, yes you can get that quest today or no you can't get the quest today" and maybe a hint as to who may be on the right track.
Right now there's been a lot of trolls that get attention and traction and that information gets spread everywhere and then a lot of people believe it to be real and then the hunt goes nowhere and we just waste time.

As for the fragments my theory is that they are from an unknown activity they have yet to release so an announcement of a new activity on the dreadnaught would be what i'm looking for.

Kyne

so basically equip. try to kill with a special like sniper and save up on supers. i'll try that once I'm done with the sword quest.

also to note, whenever you KNOW you're going to win any kind of crucible match, equip it. Winning with it on gives you a free 3%.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Had that too, you may want to open your DS4 and rearrange / press the triggers tightly back in. Helped.

Oh and you really NEED (everyone here) to swap the awful awful DS4 default sticks with the Xbone Controller ones.
It makes the controller SO much better and is piss easy to do.

Xbox controller? D: I dont even use xbox :p

You should modify one and mail me it, yes?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah this is the big issue being missed when talking about the Hammer. Of course the super itself is OP but it's balanced around an otherwise mediocre PvP subclass. Not saying it shouldn't be tweaked (especially tone down damage resistance even though that will suck for PvE) but we gotta keep in mind the full picture.
The damage resistance is just fine for PvE; it should be nerfed seperately for PvP and I don't see why not removed altogeter. Titans have more armor than Hunters to begin with, and it has several very distinct advantages over Golden Gun, losing out only in range.

Avixph

GG has 3 shots and no armor? How would that make it useless?
The hammers aren't hitscan so they're useless against airborne targets, golden gun isn't. The titan super is also at shotgun range a lot of the time, without armor it would be impossible to use there and its already pretty crap at long range.

People have said the same thing about the Gunslinger. Its side perks aren't great and most people are not proficient with the knives. The grenades have not been as competitive as other classes, so it came down to using the Golden Gun.

Titans are the fastest class and will have an exotic that lets them dodge while airborne. That + a ridiculous super that is enhanced by those perks will skyrocket them to the top.

There's no problem with Titans being competitive but that super needs work.

At this point I think both trip mine and incendiary are both usable. But they aren't top tier imo. Gunslinger perks are definitely lackluster. But I think GG is unrivaled in its ranged super. Nothing can win against a ranged GG except a good sniper. Add on that Simbiote is a great exotoc and Gunslinger is a very good competitive subclass.

If anything I think the Titan super should be brought down to one shot high impact sniper kills. Dont reduce hammers, don't reduce anything else. Titans are a one trick pony right now.

TLW talk...Frenden mentioned this yesterday and it worked for me while doing the Chaperone quest...

I paced my shots out and still did ADS. I also used soft ballistics. I played more defensively than I normally did and got it done in about 2 games. I also did this in control. It's a tough and annoying quest, but the Chaperone is worth the hassle.

At the very least, I believe Bungie is learning a lot about what works for quests and what doesn't with TTK.

SkylineRKR

I'M SURE I SAID IT SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE THAT. DON'T MAKE ME DIG.

yeah, snapshot. Def works best with high movement, perfect for a skating titan 8)

I'm waiting for Dunemarchers as they will be my main pvp exotic. Dunes + Chaperone will be insane.

I am Hunter, and rocking Radiant Dance Machines with it, lol. Just blink and go fast, be lame. But kills with that thing feel satisfying.

Kyoufu

Can we not do that please? You know, that thing where one thing is toned down because it's actually good in PVP at the cost of making it suck in PVE? You know, that thing we all hate.

Wicked should be part of the DGAF community on PSN. I have no idea why he isn't approved yet for a GAF account. I've made posts asking Ghaleon to get him approved in these OTs but never see a reply. Though I'm not sure if "account approval begging" is a bannable offense or not.

At this point I think both trip mine and incendiary are both usable. But they aren't top tier imo. Gunslinger perks are definitely lackluster. But I think GG is unrivaled in its ranged super. Nothing can win against a ranged GG except a good sniper. Add on that Simbiote is a great exotoc and Gunslinger is a very good competitive subclass.

If anything I think the Titan super should be brought down to one shot high impact sniper kills. Dont reduce hammers, don't reduce anything else. Titans are a one trick pony right now.

doesn't make sense to me that the hammer doesn't deplete super energy at all, but if i could snipe them out of their super i could deal with it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The hammers aren't hitscan so they're useless against airborne targets, golden gun isn't. The titan super is also at shotgun range a lot of the time, without armor it would be impossible to use there and its already pretty crap at long range.
That's a maaaaasive exaggeration. They fire in a predictable arc and can home in on targets. I've hit airborne targets plenty of times. Also no idea why you'd get into shotgun range with it except of course if the reasoning is that it's so OP that you can do so without fear, lol

Afrocious

As it stands, here are my thoughts of joining raid groups where folks like to take charge and shout out what other people should do. I dunno how bad it gets on the likes of DestinyLFG, but here we go regardless.

1) Taking more than two DPS phases on Warpriest

deandre-jordan-the-stankface-that-launched-a-thousand-emojis-body-image-1436389836.jpg

2) Killing the Daughters in more than 2 DPS phases. (fuck 3 because I'm not scared of some wizard who flips her shit)

Bfl-VkNCMAA73dF.jpg

3) An ogre is left alive when the Vessel of Oryx is running around.

Alan-Anderson-Toronto-Raptors.jpg

zewone

You're forgetting PvE viability for a second here, my friend.

GG needs a damage boost since forever for PvE, and now it does too for PvP. GG for one has a way higher range than Sunbreaker. And you can up GG to 4 shots too.

Eh, PVE, balance them separately. A whole new can of worms.

Higher range + no super armor
Lower range + ridiculous super armor

Seems like a fair trade

4 shots is an exotic slot. If you want to force people to wear an exotic to make the Sunbreaker class better, that's fine by me.

What? The homing and auto aim on the hammers is crazy. You can definitely be much further than shotgun range.

Top Bottom