• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Wallach

doesn't make sense to me that the hammer doesn't deplete super energy at all, but if i could snipe them out of their super i could deal with it.

It does, actually. Forgemaster reduces the drain of throwing a hammer by something like half.

Edit - It may instead actually double the "units" of meter, I haven't timed idle durations with & without Forgemaster.

raid is still brand new so it'll be a while before the best strats are discovered. but yea, some of those groups you invited me to were behind the curve.

i heard that you did the
daughters
like gatekeepers because the fight got harder afterwards, but I never saw it.

Avixph

That's a maaaaasive exaggeration. They fire in a predictable arc and can home in on targets. I've hit airborne targets plenty of times. Also no idea why you'd get into shotgun range with it except of course if the reasoning is that it's so OP that you can do so without fear, lol
Eh Ive evaded them in the air just to die when I land but it works for a bit. Close to medium range is the effective range on the hammers, since they can't really evade shotguns it would be terrible to remove the sheild, bringing it down to radiance levels wouldn't be bad. For them to remove the sheild they would have to Nerf shotguns a lot.

Can we not do that please? You know, that thing where one thing is toned down because it's actually good in PVP at the cost of making it suck in PVE? You know, that thing we all hate.

I would loooove to not do this. The problem is Bungie can't not do this. The game doesn't allow it. Even things like the shotgun PvE buff/nerf are based around the "damage to minions of Darkness" stat that weapons have. It's been a huge problem since Day 1 but the game doesn't allow for separate PvE/PvP balancing, least of all for subclasses.

Kyoufu

Instead of nerfing new subclasses because they're better than old subclasses, they should buff old subclasses so that they're on par with the new ones.

For example, Gunslinger needs Quickdraw (why it doesn't have that talent already I do not know). Golden Gun could use some damage resistance. Let's face it, Golden Tears is a very real thing.

I don't think anyone is saying the Hammer needs to be a mediocre super to balance the kit against all others. I'm just in awe that people are justifying a super that is so demonstrably better than all other supers by a wide margin by bringing up melee or bladedancer mobility (lol) or whatever.

Whatever gap existed between Thorn and other guns, that gap is wider between the Hammer and all other supers. It just needs to be brought back to the pack. It can be the best super, but it's completely broken in its current form.

My point is that since the rest of the Titans kit is meh, they will get their supers less often. As a Warlock with good nade and melee and good perks to go along with them, I'll have my super up faster (on average) than a Titan.

People get supers 3 times a match if they are playing above average. 4 times if you're playing exceptional. It's not really a problem, imo. And I'm playing primarily as Warlock. So there's no bias here.

E92 M3

Quick moral question for Destiny GAF Community.

I have been receiving requests on behalf of JustGotWicked to join the DGAF Community on PS4.
He has contributed to DGAF members, and DGAF as a whole many times in the PvP end game arena, as well as PvE.
The moral issue is that he has not been approved by the NeoGAF registration yet, so technically does not meet DGAF approval protocol.

Does anyone object to adding him to the community?
If we get more than 10% against his approval, he will have to wait for NeoGAF to register him.

Absolutely. Never played with the guy, but he has always been helpful.

Afrocious

raid is still brand new so it'll be a while before the best strats are discovered. but yea, some of those groups you invited me to were behind the curve.

i heard that you did the
daughters
like gatekeepers because the fight got harder afterwards, but I never saw it.

Indeed. I didn't get picked to be the runner for
the daughters
but nothing seemed different at all.

I finally made it to 290. I'm really liking the Suros 45, it was a bit lower than my previous auto rifle, so I infused it. It's sitting nicely at 295.

deoee

Xbox controller? D: I dont even use xbox :p

You should modify one and mail me it, yes?

giphy.gif

If you pay for the controller, the sticks and sending it I can do that :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867944

Just do it

Instead of nerfing new subclasses because they're better than old subclasses, they should buff old subclasses so that they're on par with the new ones.

For example, Gunslinger needs Quickdraw (why it doesn't have that talent already I do not know). Golden Gun could use some damage resistance. Let's face it, Golden Tears is a very real thing.

In that case, Gunslinger, Defender and Nightstalker all need slight buffs IMO.

-Gunslinger's kit isn't that bad. Maybe the stability perk could be replaced with quickdraw. Golden Gun could use a damage increase across the board but I don't think it should have damage resistance while the super is active. It could use it during activation. It always sucks that you lose the super if you're killed while popping it, while other supers are saved.
-For Nightstalker, i'd just buff the initial impact damage on all of its abilities and reduce the damage over time.
-Defender doesn't really have a PvP centered kit so I'm not sure what to do there other than buff its grenades.

If anyone needs more invites to the DGAF PSN Community, shoot me a PM with your PSN. I'll get to them once I get off work, unless there's other mods on their PS4.

Also, should I bring my Hunter into King's Fall if she doesn't have triple jump?

Sent PM. PSN kortez1981. I was in the Community during the preview. I guess it reset when it released to everyone.

Avixph

Golden gun needs an accuracy, range and damage buff for pve and PvP, why bungie hasn't done this yet I don't know. Oh and they need to make it not count as a handcannon so their needs don't affect it.

Lnkn52

Ray and Ruthless are the manz! Need one more rune from CoO level 2, then I will continue with the strikes for ToM.

And yes, I'm all for #GafWicked

In that case, Gunslinger, Defender and Nightstalker all need slight buffs IMO.

Agreed. I think striker and void walker need tweaks too but that a whole other rant.

Sunsinger and Bladedancer have always been top tier imo.

Edit for your edit:

Defender should consolidate armor and blessing of light. And put in a PVP focused perk there. Also, good grenades are a must.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
You don't need the ToM to do the last two raid fights perfectly.

oh, i know, but it does make it easy. You
stagger oryx
in no time =
more time to run to orbs and run back. Daughters are pretty easy if people can platform. Golg is the hardest fight I'd say, gaze and exploding thralls add complications.

Ramirez

What in the world is with matchmaking lately? It keeps putting me into games that are 1K+ points in, and I'm trying to do the DO quest, fuck off game.

Can't wait to shelf this turd of a PVP in a few weeks.

Golden gun needs an accuracy, range and damage buff for pve and PvP, why bungie hasn't done this yet I don't know. Oh and they need to make it not count as a handcannon so their needs don't affect it.

Gunslinger really needs a damage buff I shot a hammer douche Titan with the golden gun and he just laughed at me and instakilled me with a hammer. The hammer Titan is so OP.

The damage resistance is just fine for PvE; it should be nerfed seperately for PvP and I don't see why not removed altogeter. Titans have more armor than Hunters to begin with, and it has several very distinct advantages over Golden Gun, losing out only in range.

Of course it's fine for PvE, it's great for PvE, that's what I'm saying. The problem is "nerfed separately for PvP" doesn't exist. It loses out in both range and travel time as a projectile vs hitscan weapon.

The damage resistance will be toned down. You have to be able to OHK headshot snipe with a high impact sniper, like Zoba said. If you can make that shot you deserve to beat someone with their super.

Agreed. I think striker and void walker need tweaks too but that a whole other rant.

Sunsinger and Bladedancer have always been top tier imo.

Edit for your edit:

Defender should consolidate armor and blessing of light. And put in a PVP focused perk there. Also, good grenades are a must.

Sunsinger is fine now that the Ram is gone and Bladedancer has been given a spanking so they're both balanced IMO.

I definitely think the Void nades need to be buffed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

No, I don't want that at all because supers dominating isn't fun. I'd rather have the focus more on guns than OP supers. That's what Mayhem is for if they want to go crazy with the supers.

Strider

What in the world is with matchmaking lately? It keeps putting me into games that are 1K+ points in, and I'm trying to do the DO quest, fuck off game.

Can't wait to shelf this turd of a PVP in a few weeks.

I like crucible but yea MM is horrible. It's only really enjoyable with a group.

Halo 5 will save us tho.

I like crucible but yea MM is horrible. It's only really enjoyable with a group.

Halo 5 will save us tho.

Not even fun with a group anymore because the map rotation is ass.

I'll do a PvP train today if everyone agrees that we go to orbit on Sector 618.

No, I don't want that at all because supers dominating isn't fun. I'd rather have the focus more on guns than OP supers. That's what Mayhem is for if they want to go crazy with the supers.

The way I see it, Supers are trump cards that turn the tide of battle. They should be stupid easy kills that you earn throughout the match, but they should also be easy to counter so they don't dominate them.

Strider

Not even fun with a group anymore because the map rotation is ass.

I'll do a PvP train today if everyone agrees that we go to orbit on Sector 618.

I've been rotating between classic playlist and the new ones to get a larger variety of maps. I prefer the older ones anyway

Kyoufu

I-Defender doesn't really have a PvP centered kit so I'm not sure what to do there other than buff its grenades.

Give Defender Titans a talent that allows them to shoot through the bubble but at the cost of 50% reduced damage. Opposing players may also shoot the Titan inside but also reduced by 50%.

LTWood12

42/45. Just need the shield brothers strike one, scent of the worm, and the one where you have to use your sword to block the health debuff.

Give Defender Titans a talent that allows them to shoot through the bubble but at the cost of 50% reduced damage. Opposing players may also shoot the Titan inside but also reduced by 50%.

That's an interesting idea.

You know radiance warlocks can do that too right?

I'm actually fine with Radiance tanking Godlen Gun shots. I've always thought it was stupid how they could self res and I coulds till Golden Gun them.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Eh Ive evaded them in the air just to die when I land but it works for a bit. Close to medium range is the effective range on the hammers, since they can't really evade shotguns it would be terrible to remove the sheild, bringing it down to radiance levels wouldn't be bad. For them to remove the sheild they would have to Nerf shotguns a lot.

Shotgun? breh lol

The splash damage is 1hk along with the melee. If that Titan has a working radar, it isn't getting killed by a shotgun while hammered up.

shotgun nerfs are completely independent of that too

as is, they're better armored bladedancers with a ranged homing 1hk area of effect that you can spam. even bladedancers couldn't swing indefinitely. in skirmish you can wipe a team twice with one super. that's just broken as fuck lol

Shito

oh, i know, but it does make it easy. You
stagger oryx
in no time =
more time to run to orbs and run back. Daughters are pretty easy if people can platform. Golg is the hardest fight I'd say, gaze and exploding thralls add complications.
Golgoroth is reaaally easy if you take the slow and safe one sack / one gaze guy approach.
I was dreading this fight the most, and when my team talked to me about this method I was pretty skeptic, but it does really work like a charm.
I find the daughters, and especially Oryx, to be the most difficult encounter for a ~295 group without ToM. It's not that the mechanics are difficult, just that it asks for perfect execution from the all team, AND that everyone gets their ammo drop / synth cooldown when they need them.

Ok, so is it cool that I dislike most of the pvp maps? I prefer vanilla maps sans twilight gap.

First Light was my jam, but alas.

I dlslike 90% of them including First Light. Played it yesterday and, while it was a refreshing change of pace, it was still too big and too sniper friendly.

Bastion on the other hand is still my bastard love child.

Afrocious

I dlslike 90% of them including First Light. Played it yesterday and, while it was a refreshing change of pace, it was still too big and too sniper friendly.

Bastion on the other hand is still my bastard love child.

Which one is Bastion again?

Most of the new PvP maps are awful. I've come to appreciate the vanilla maps... Even First Light.

Yup.

There's this one on Venus in vanilla that was pretty basic and fun.

I don't play PvP as much as others do in Destiny, but I dislike the new maps because they're too claustrophobic. They also have too many winding corridors.

Top Bottom