• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Avixph

Shotgun? breh lol

The splash damage is 1hk along with the melee. If Titan that has a working radar isn't getting killed by a shotgun while hammered up.

shotgun nerfs are completely independent of that too

as is, they're better armored bladedancers with a ranged homing 1hk area of effect that you can spam. even bladedancers couldn't swing indefinitely. in skirmish you can wipe a team twice with one super. that's just broken as fuck lol
That's why I said the duration should be cut in half, the new roaming supers feel like they last way too long.

Cutting the armor out entirely would be the worst thing they can do.

my buddy and i are looking for people to vault of glass raid with on ps4. we've never done it. we're both level 40 with light levels around 216. anybody out there interested in helping us through it tonight for the first time? also, are 6 people a must or can we do it with less? thanks!

Technically you can do it via normal strats with 4 people but for newbies you should definitely get 6 folks. Unfortunately most people around here are focused on the new content so it might be hard to find a group for VoG. DestinyLFG will give you a much bigger player pool but also more variability with "quality."

Ramirez

The Hammer Titans is either, A) A bug or B) they're running max armor with their chest piece and it's working in PVP? I've had a few instances where my GG didn't do much of anything, but 99% of the time it's a one shot.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Please tell me the exotic sword grind is better than getting these damn fragments.

ZJQ2H3b.jpg

It has a farming segment that is easily the worst thing ever done in this game from a design standpoint.

understatement. worst thing i've done in a video game bar none.

Which map is 618? I don't keep track of the names as much anymore.

you will know it when you see it and you'll wish you never did.

gross
Oh that shit. Yeah I used to orbit when I got that. Fuck that map.

lol

I'd agree but it plays fine in 6 player gametypes.

Oof, that's not been my experience. Overdesigned claustrophobia is the same. Have you played it in Elimination? It's a nightmare. Apologies in advance for anyone looking for Trials help but I'm taking the week off if Sector shows up there.

Kyoufu

If you think the rare material farming is bad, then try getting those Calcified Fragments on your alts without knowing which ones you randomly picked up already. I'm at 34/50 on my Hunter alt and have no idea which ones I'm missing.

Oof, that's not been my experience. Overdesigned claustrophobia is the same. Have you played it in Elimination? It's a nightmare. Apologies in advance for anyone looking for Trials help but I'm taking the week off if Sector shows up there.

I don't think it's good by any means but in 3v3 I'd pick it over Exodus Blue or Timekeeper.

If you think the rare material farming is bad, then try getting those Calcified Fragments on your alts without knowing which ones you randomly picked up already. I'm at 34/50 on my Hunter alt and have no idea which ones I'm missing.

do the websites that track them not help with this?

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Golgoroth is reaaally easy if you take the slow and safe one sack / one gaze guy approach.
I was dreading this fight the most, and when my team talked to me about this method I was pretty skeptic, but it does really work like a charm.
I find the daughters, and especially Oryx, to be the most difficult encounter for a ~295 group without ToM. It's not that the mechanics are difficult, just that it asks for perfect execution from the all team, AND that everyone gets their ammo drop / synth cooldown when they need them.

we wipe more on
oryx, but i still think Golg is the harder encounter. Atheon is still the best fight since it involves actually shooting, Oryx is just coordination, I guess the shade does involve some finesse. Oryx is all about ammo managment, ie people saving sniper so have hard time taking down their ogre, etc. I guess the vessel is kind of a shooting challenge but more of a sponge

LTWood12

It's worse.

Looooooooooooooool

You're in for a treat, sir.

It has a farming segment that is easily the worst thing ever done in this game from a design standpoint.

It's worse in my opinion.

At least with the shards you know what you need to do.

With the sword it's crossing your fingers and grinding for hours.

But is it mindless? I can handle mindless.

E92 M3

Farming sword parts isn't too bad with a podcast in the background having the TV snapped to the side. The second sword only took me an hour.

Ramirez

I'm content with one Malice.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's why I said the duration should be cut in half, the new roaming supers feel like they last way too long.

Cutting the armor out entirely would be the worst thing they can do.
Why? You can't have the best survivability in a roaming super in the game, the best overall attack output at range, regen, a 1hk melee, homing, and great mobility all at the same time and call that balanced.

Top Bottom