• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

For the fragments, all I know is that I have gotten all the raid and strikes fragments on my alts. Just missing all that can be found on patrol and doing CoO. That makes things much easier for me.

deoee

But is it mindless? I can handle mindless.

Well you have to get 10 materials which takes HOURS because of drop rates and before that you have to kill 500 enemies with solar/void/arc so...

Oh I forgot the sword kills in Crucible

tumblr_ngsktgjJFQ1u2injto1_500.gif

Shito

we wipe more on
oryx, but i still think Golg is the harder encounter. Atheon is still the best fight since it involves actually shooting, Oryx is just coordination, I guess the shade does involve some finesse. Oryx is all about ammo managment, ie people saving sniper so have hard time taking down their ogre, etc. I guess the vessel is kind of a shooting challenge but more of a sponge
Yeah, I agree about Oryx: it really is all about (special) ammo management in the end, that's the hardest part, and the main reason why I want to get myself the ToM.
For me the Templar and Atheon are still the best fights in the game, and I'm having a hard time deciding which one of those two I prefer. ^^

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well you have to get 10 materials which takes HOURS because of drop rates and before that you have to kill 500 enemies with solar/void/arc so...

tumblr_ngsktgjJFQ1u2injto1_500.gif

You can get those sword kills in crucible in about 20 minutes in mayhem.

Oof, that's not been my experience. Overdesigned claustrophobia is the same. Have you played it in Elimination? It's a nightmare. Apologies in advance for anyone looking for Trials help but I'm taking the week off if Sector shows up there.
Sector 618 will show up in Trials as many times as Timekeeper did for House of Wolves.

deoee

You can get those sword kills in crucible in about 20 minutes in mayhem.

Yes, I didn't find the sword part as bad as people said but it still can be a pain in the ass.

Most of the time I ended up camping and hilt-slapping people to death.

Strider

Yep.

0 reason really to do it on alts, unless you REALLY need a 310 primary for infusion.

And no one with a Malice really needs a 310 for infusion. I mean they can obviously do the toughest content already.

I dont see why anyone would want to do that quest multiple times. Everyone's different tho

Shito

Yes, I didn't find the sword part as bad as people said but it still can be a pain in the ass.

I'm currently on that step.
It's not that bad, got 6 "legit" kills playing my daily salvage match yesterday and I'm really not an expert at PVP. Just have to be patient and not farm for it, I suppose...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sword kills in Crucible was great for me. I would've done 100. :D

The quest went from like 60 to 0 for me. Don't even mind the ability kills at all, I'm gonna do em all on my Hunter so plenty of options.

But the mats is just straight-up launch style material loop farming, minus chests plus oppressive RNG? Right?!

I'm currently on that step.
It's not that bad, got 6 "legit" kills playing my daily salvage match yesterday and I'm really not an expert at PVP. Just have to be patient and not farm for it, I suppose...

would be fine if you were guaranteed the weapon when you were done, but you have to wait a week on top of it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, I agree about Oryx: it really is all about (special) ammo management in the end, that's the hardest part, and the main reason why I want to get myself the ToM.
For me the Templar and Atheon are still the best fights in the game, and I'm having a hard time deciding which one of those two I prefer. ^^

What are ppl shooting that they are running out of ammo so much?! The only person who should be managing their ammo is the floater since he should be unloading with his sniper/heavy.

deoee

Sword kills in Crucible was great for me. I would've done 100. :D

The quest went from like 60 to 0 for me. Don't even mind the ability kills at all, I'm gonna do em all on my Hunter so plenty of options.

But the mats is just straight-up launch style material loop farming, minus chests plus oppressive RNG? Right?!

Best thing you can do is cheese a material node and hope no one enters your instance.

rc213

Anyone know which rare/legendary weapons are required to dismantle for Gunsmith level 2/3?

Titan Level 3 : Auto Rifles
Hunter Level 2 : Snipers

Juraash

So this might be too early to ask, but is anyone planning a raid clear tomorrow evening? I leave for 10 days in Hawaii next week and would like to squeeze in one more full clear to hold me over while I'm gone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No.. Not really. Well.. Depends on what you classify as mindless.
I can't really begin to imagine what qualifies as more mindless in this game. With keen scout or the right ghost you don't even have to even watch the graphics on your screen.

Shito

would be fine if you were guaranteed the weapon when you were done, but you have to wait a week on top of it.
Yeah, the "wait for armsday" part is a bit bullshit.
I understand that they wanted to make it so people could not get EVERYTHING on day one, but this is a bit... yeah, don't like this.

What are ppl shooting that they are running out of ammo so much?! The only person who should be managing their ammo is the floater since he should be unloading with his sniper/heavy.
The ogres and Oryx.
If you have like 4 special ammos left, good luck killing your ogre in time and staggering Oryx next, even with heavy. ^^
Except if you have an amazing floater, having all of his ammos.

Two ogres and Oryx will take 8-12 sniper shots. It can be tough grabbing special ammo between phases because you don't have a ton of adds.

It's not really a problem but it can be tight. Especially if you wipe before restocking.

So these last 3 fragments... Are we assuming they come from
Kings Fall Hard Mode?
Someone is thinking it's tied to the three raid challenges that show up on Bungie's website right now. I posted a link the other day. That would explain the missing three raid emblems as well (plus a fourth for hard mode.)

Tried the strike playlist twice. First time both randoms quit. Second time both randoms were AFK.

facepalm.gif

third time it was undying mind, so you quit in orbit.

and then the fourth and fifth time it was also undying mind.

i'm convinced that matchmaking is more likely to put you back onto the map/strike you quit out of.

Namikaze1

It is hilarious killing folks with a hilt!

It wasn't that bad really. It took me at most 5 games to complete that part for each of my guardians.

Wallach

Anyone know which rare/legendary weapons are required to dismantle for Gunsmith level 2/3?

Titan Level 3 : Auto Rifles
Hunter Level 2 : Snipers

Titan level 2 is shotguns, Hunter level 3 is HCs, Warlock tier 2 is FRs, Warlock tier 3 is scouts.

Top Bottom