• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
And no one with a Malice really needs a 310 for infusion. I mean they can obviously do the toughest content already.

I dont see why anyone would want to do that quest multiple times. Everyone's different tho

Yes, especially since you can get 310 primaries from an engram.

You need to die on purpose to cancel the event if it's not the correct boss. Eventually the right combination will come for the fragments

and all the randoms will leave you alone when you fight it.

Just keep abandoning them until you get the combination that you need. That's how I got the final one I needed.
Zoba nailed the problem. People come running whenever you start. And revive you!

I'm hoping I load into a solo dreadnaught instance.

commish

Two ogres and Oryx will take 8-12 sniper shots. It can be tough grabbing special ammo between phases because you don't have a ton of adds.

It's not really a problem but it can be tight. Especially if you wipe before restocking.

Ha, I forgot about shooting the boss with sniper (since I now use ToM). I'm also lucky in that my gear gives +sniper ammo, so I can hold 25 or something like that. Good points.

third time it was undying mind, so you quit in orbit.

and then the fourth and fifth time it was also undying mind.

i'm convinced that matchmaking is more likely to put you back onto the map/strike you quit out of.

Are any of the OG strikes besides Valus bullet sponge even on the playlist? I miss killing Sepiks Prime.

Dunlop

Any recommendations on the best vendor secondary weapons?

Bought a bunch of spindles yesterday and need to quickly use them as infusion fodder

Used the original for a 308 1000 yard stare

Ramirez

If you do ability kills in PVP for the sword, it's not bad at all. It's way faster than PVE if you picked the proper element for each class.

Are any of the OG strikes besides Valus bullet sponge even on the playlist? I miss killing Sepiks Prime.

I think Dust Palace and Undying Mind are the only old strikes in the new playlists with the new strikes because thy were remixed after becoming available to Xbox players.

Omnigul and the rest of the old strikes are in the level 20 playlist.

edit: oh, Shadow Thief is in there too.

Ikkarus

third time it was undying mind, so you quit in orbit.

and then the fourth and fifth time it was also undying mind.

i'm convinced that matchmaking is more likely to put you back onto the map/strike you quit out of.
Undying mind really doesn't take that long to complete. Just grab the orb and dash to the point.

Granted blueberries can make it a tad slow but it's not all that bad.

Edit: Wrong strike. XD

commish

I think Dust Palace and Undying Mind are the only old strikes in the new playlists with the new strikes because thy were remixed after becoming available to Xbox players.

Omnigul and the rest of the old strikes are in the level 20 playlist.

edit: oh, Shadow Thief is in there too.

No one is sad to see Omnigul go. Hated that boss.

Deku Tree

So how do I get my 310 Artifact?

Here is a quick explanation in case people were wondering. Some people know this but you still see questions, so I thought I would write up something. Note that this is the only way to get a 310 Artifact (or even a 301+) in the game right now.

1) Finish the eight main story missions.

2) Do the Eris CoO quest to get a 300 artifact (I don't know if this is necessary but it's good to have for now). To do this you do one CoO on your own and then go and talk to Eris and pick up the quest. You will see no Eris quest indicator on your map, but when you talk to her she gives it to you.

3) Do all the quests for the vanguard that have a TTK picture in them. This one:

The_taken_king_quest_icon1.png

In these quests you have to beat three ultra bosses in three different locations on earth. The same boss spawns in the same location each time as long as you kill all three of his lieutenants. It's Skywatch, Rocket Yard, and the Divide. It helps to bring a fire team. I believe these Ultra's are on a somewhat long timer and if you don't beat them in time they despawn. You have to do some story missions. And you have to beat six lieutenants on mars too.

4) At a certain point you will need to do the shield brothers strike quest in order to continue the "Taken Wars quests". This is sort of poorly explained in game but the Taken Wars quest will not continue, and then you have to do the shield brothers strike quest and then the Taken Wars quests continue.

5) You do not need to do any of the Taken Wars stuff with Petra and Variks. That is completely separate.

6) Eventually, after you beat the Fear's Embrace mission for the Vanguard Taken Wars quest, you get a new quest called "The Road to Kings Fall". This is it. Do the Summoners Circle story mission.

7) Then the last step in the "The Road to Kings Fall" is to beat all the bosses in the raid. Once you do that you can pick up your 310 Artifact from Eris.

Please let me know if I missed anything.

SkylineRKR

If you do ability kills in PVP for the sword, it's not bad at all. It's way faster than PVE if you picked the proper element for each class.

Woken the hive is still faster.

I tried both and Crucible means loading into a map, getting your super out and making an odd nade kill.

Woken the hive with Hunter + MotM and Encore for Arc Sword meant I could clear the entire wave bar the Knight with just Razor's edge, using my melee and nade afterward and then pump some lost enemies to build Super and do it again. I went from like 30% to 100% after an hour or so. Maybe less. Its probably even easier with Bad Juju.

Strider

Zoba nailed the problem. People come running whenever you start. And revive you!

I'm hoping I load into a solo dreadnaught instance.

Most of my randoms were so shit they couldnt stay alive and so didnt have enough time to respawn and run over to revive me :D

There was this one guy that tried reviving me a couple times that could actually stay alive but he eventually caught on to what i was doing

Woken the hive is still faster.

I tried both and Crucible means loading into a map, getting your super out and making an odd nade kill.

Woken the hive with Hunter + MotM and Encore for Arc Sword meant I could clear the entire wave bar the Knight with just Razor's edge, using my melee and nade afterward and then pump some lost enemies to build Super and do it again. I went from like 30% to 100% after an hour or so. Maybe less. Its probably even easier with Bad Juju.

I picked Solar on my Hunter cuz reasons so woke the hive is slow for me. smh

The story portion of TTK is easily the best part of this expansion.

yea just max out your armor and use your super.

I hope so.

They didn't really get the tone set properly I felt in the other expansions/main game.

The way this opened was ace. It set the tone. Oryx is powerful and fucking pissed. It showed the NPC's characters in their discussion, that could be picked up from how they were talked about in the grimiore.

I'm hyped. Actually gutted that I had already agreed to go to the cinema with the SO tonight now >.<

I need that part too. Court of Oryx, Krughor, Mengoor & Cra'adug

Can do that later if you like?

just making coffee and then I'm going to try.

well i meant that if you're farming for a certain boss and you keep cancelling the event, any randoms that stop by to help might get tired of it.

Oh, I see. Didn't have that problem - always more randoms.
You don't need to die to cancel it. Just jump out of the area to the right or left and it will cancel. No problems will being revived.
I did not know that! Thanks.

raid is still brand new so it'll be a while before the best strats are discovered. but yea, some of those groups you invited me to were behind the curve.

i heard that you did the
daughters
like gatekeepers because the fight got harder afterwards, but I never saw it.

The best strats have been on farm for a while.
2 cycle Warpriest (maybe 1 cycle with optimal brand timing extension, tethers, I-WoL, and better geared snipers), 1.33 cycle Golgi Apparatus (same as Warpriest), 2 cycle Daughters (agree 3 cycles isn't needed), 4 cycle Oryx (this will never change ;_;).

commish

TY Deku, I would love to see more of these for other Exotic Quests, Swords, ToM, etc. Great start.

There are some great guides for these already out there. Really dumb it down for dummies like me who almost never do quests in any game unless forced.

So how do I get my 310 Artifact?

Good post deku

On that note, what quests does everyone have in their inventory? I feel like i'm missing out on some quest.

The best strats have been on farm for a while.
2 cycle Warpriest (maybe 1 cycle with optimal brand timing extension, tethers, I-WoL, and better geared snipers), 1.33 cycle Golgi Apparatus (same as Warpriest), 2 cycle Daughters (agree 3 cycles isn't needed), 4 cycle Oryx (this will never change ;_;).

Well people are still doing blind raids like the groups Afro was talking about.

Dunlop

Goto siege of the warmind

Massive amount of mobs to build your super and grenades, then when you are out of mobs jump off the ledge

Rinse and repeat

You can get those sword kills in crucible in about 20 minutes in mayhem.

Not me, i lead my team, but not when i try to sword people down. Not a single kill yet after an hour of various modes.

Getting so sick of this i want to quit. I absolutely despise pvp, and am really annoyed with bungie for not making pve/pvp options so i don't have to touch it.

Edit: Anyone wanna join me and rumble sword beatdown sometime? Would like to raid right now, something i can actually do well.

Psn RadicalVelocity

Top Bottom