• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

It's a shame that the 300 level Sunless Cell strike is so damn tedious. It's not fun, or particularly hard, just annoying as hell.

But, the boss fight is actually good chaotic fun, trying to kite the wardens, stay alive, and pick away at the boss.
That boss fight is fun in general any difficulty. Everyone I talk to loves it and says it's one of the best strike bosses, which is amusing because before TTK I recall lots of the same people saying a fight in darkness would be awful.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Yeah, I agree about Oryx: it really is all about (special) ammo management in the end, that's the hardest part, and the main reason why I want to get myself the ToM.
For me the Templar and Atheon are still the best fights in the game, and I'm having a hard time deciding which one of those two I prefer. ^^

Atheon for me. It has the invincibility gimmick (and i like it!), but shooting the exploding harpies, the oracles, and the misc. adds in the past and future are cool, along with the random selection, makes it frantic and teamwork and shooting.

Oryx doesn't have all that much shooting, as I said. The coordination is crazy and it's still very good, but it's missing a little something. And let's not talk about Crota.

The thing that bugs me is the bridge in Crota is almost excellent, but there's something there, can't put my finger on it, that makes it not excellent. Like one too many moving parts. Plus, no groups ever want to do it legit. Think I've only done it legit twice.

Ramirez

Woken the hive is still faster.

I tried both and Crucible means loading into a map, getting your super out and making an odd nade kill.

Woken the hive with Hunter + MotM and Encore for Arc Sword meant I could clear the entire wave bar the Knight with just Razor's edge, using my melee and nade afterward and then pump some lost enemies to build Super and do it again. I went from like 30% to 100% after an hour or so. Maybe less. Its probably even easier with Bad Juju.

I'd rather kill myself than wake the hive over and over, but to each their own.

LTWood12

That boss fight is fun in general any difficulty. Everyone I talk to loves it and says it's one of the best strike bosses, which is amusing because before TTK I recall lots of the same people saying a fight in darkness would be awful.

Are all 3 wardens always in there with the main boss or just the applicable one to whichever swords are in the party doing the quest?

zewone

Are all 3 wardens always in there with the main boss or just the applicable one to whichever swords are in the party doing the quest?

All 3, but you can kill the element warden you don't need for your or your fireteams sword to make it less chaotic.
Do they all have to die?
Lower the health of the element(s) you need to kill.

Lower bosses health.

Kill warden(s) and kill boss within 30 seconds of warden dying.

Repost from general,

So other than the FWC rocket launcher and Hung Jury is there any other weapon to use marks on? I might move on to exotics from the kiosk.
I'll probably be the only one to suggest it, but Conviction II from New Monarchy. Yes, a Sidearm. Fires really fast because it's Hakke and has a perk to stagger enemies, extended mag, and bonus damage after reloading on a kill. Good at sweeping up without reloading primary and in the Crucible it kills really fast with good hip fire accuracy and out ranges shotguns. Give it a whirl if you're feeling daring enough. I liked mine enough that is already at 310 attack.

matmanx1

3oC update:

I bought 30 from Xur and used the last one today. Out of the 30 I got 4 exotics to drop.

1) Zhalo Supercell
2) Jade Rabbit
3) The Ram
4) Telesto

Telesto dropped on literally my very last coin. I would have been happy with the 3 exotics I had already gotten but it is just icing on the cake. I would still stay they seem to be working as intended and that the drop rate remains in the 10 - 15% range per coin.

What a fun mechanic!

NeoGAF quick replay extension for Chrome is the best.

RYq9xNv.png

oh my god

this changes EVERYTHING

I can't even

purg3

slept with Malkin

I really like it as well, plus that last room you can just run past everything anyway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Atheon for me. It has the invincibility gimmick (and i like it!), but shooting the exploding harpies, the oracles, and the misc. adds in the past and future are cool, along with the random selection, makes it frantic and teamwork and shooting.

Oryx doesn't have all that much shooting, as I said. The coordination is crazy and it's still very good, but it's missing a little something. And let's not talk about Crota.

The thing that bugs me is the bridge in Crota is almost excellent, but there's something there, can't put my finger on it, that makes it not excellent. Like one too many moving parts. Plus, no groups ever want to do it legit. Think I've only done it legit twice.

IMO both Crota and Oryx are too easy. They are the kind of fight that is hard the first time or two, then insanely easy thereafter.

stb

As it stands, here are my thoughts of joining raid groups where folks like to take charge and shout out what other people should do. I dunno how bad it gets on the likes of DestinyLFG, but here we go regardless.

1) Taking more than two DPS phases on Warpriest

deandre-jordan-the-stankface-that-launched-a-thousand-emojis-body-image-1436389836.jpg

2) Killing the Daughters in more than 2 DPS phases. (fuck 3 because I'm not scared of some wizard who flips her shit)

Bfl-VkNCMAA73dF.jpg

3) An ogre is left alive when the Vessel of Oryx is running around.

Alan-Anderson-Toronto-Raptors.jpg

When did Lima change GAF handles?
JOKING!

3oC update:

I bought 30 from Xur and used the last one today. Out of the 30 I got 4 exotics to drop.

1) Zhalo Supercell
2) Jade Rabbit
3) The Ram
4) Telesto

Telesto dropped on literally my very last coin. I would have been happy with the 3 exotics I had already gotten but it is just icing on the cake. I would still stay they seem to be working as intended and that the drop rate remains in the 10 - 15% range per coin.

What a fun mechanic!
You mean The Stag? Or did you get a year 2 Ram?

Ugh, I have no desire to kill more guardians with a sword. The first 25 was shit enough. Maybe I will just have to do Rumble cheese with a friend who needs that part of the quest too.

Sidenote:
Anyone know how to fix this issue with that Chrome extension? I'm on windows 10 and getting tons of mouse over menus.

SkylineRKR

Legit Bridge takes too long, I think gets boring after 3 friends cross over. The only good thing about that piece of shit Raid is the fact you can easily Solo it. Though thats partially why its such a terrible Raid in terms of design.

IMO both Crota and Oryx are too easy. They are the kind of fight that is hard the first time or two, then insanely easy thereafter.
And it's because all the adds spawn at the same exact spots at the same exact times and nearly always behave the same exact way. Difference with Atheon is random selection teleport, but if everyone knows all roles its still insanely easy on later runs.

Is anyone else struggling to find a new gun the like?
Halo splintercell is ok but..yeah.
All the new exotic scount just lack umph

Only thing i have enjoyed is my Not like the others (mainly for exploding bulletts :))

Honestly, after downing him 3 times I'd say
Oryx
is easier than Crota. As long as you can stagger him, you're good. E
verything else is gravy. One of the fights he was glitchy as a mofo (teleported when it should have been light, and light when we should have been teleported, orbs disappearing one cycle, etc).
It was a mess and even then we still downed him. If anything along those lines happened with Crota or Atheon it would be a wipe.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ugh, I have no desire to kill more guardians with a sword. The first 25 was shit enough. Maybe I will just have to do Rumble cheese with a friend who needs that part of the quest too.

Sidenote:
Anyone know how to fix this issue with that Chrome extension? I'm on windows 10 and getting tons of mouse over menus.

Im on W10 and mine does not look like that.

Kyne

1000 Yard Stare seems nice, but I don't see how it's better than my Eirene RR4. It's got better impact and some nice perks.

I know the AA is better on the Yard but it's not like that matters in PVE (which is what I'm referring to)

I agree Atheon is my favorite boss but not sure what you mean by invincibility gimmick. You can kill him even w/o Time's Vengeance if that's what you're referencing. T's V is just a 5x damage buff.

Crota bridge is a good encounter, although it wasn't scaled properly to prevent cheesing. But teams also need to take responsibility for not learning how to do it legit. It doesn't take appreciably more time than cheesing, people just didn't learn it so wipes happened and wasted time. Same as Oracles cheese vs legit.

Need to get the last two kills for the touch of malice. Already have the 45 fragments.

Anyone on PS4 want to help?
Starting on the black garden step.

Well dang, a 300 artifact would put me at 299.96 hahaha. I just need to find a > 296 Heavy to add to that. But I'm going to finish my 310 artifact quest anyways. I'll probably do the 300 one to get and use as infusion for an alt.

Code:
Hunter								

Primary	0.12	[b]304[/b]	36.48		Helmet		0.1	[b]294[/b]	29.4
Special	0.12	[b]310[/b]	37.2		Gloves		0.1	[b]294[/b]	29.4
Heavy	0.12	[b]296[/b]	35.52		Chest		0.1	[b]295[/b]	29.5
Ghost	0.08	[b]310[/b]	24.8		Boots		0.1	[b]295[/b]	29.5
					Class Item	0.08	[b]302[/b]	24.16
					Artifact	0.08	[b]296[/b]	23.68
Total	299.64

Top Bottom