• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

This.

I have no idea what you're talking about, Death. RtKF only pops up after beating Fear's Embrace, the last of the Taken Wars missions for the Vanguard council.
No, he's right.
Haven't finished the Vanguard Taken Wars mission, yet I've already completed RtKF once.
I think it popped after I finished the Petra / Variks quest line?

Zomba13

Trying to do this Warlock quest with multikill novabomb in crucible is impossible. No one seems to group up, or I'm on the team that has people grouping up.

And the time I DO find two or more people together I either have no super OR someone else supers them before mine gets there.

Try Rift of Mayhem Clash. That worked for me!

I've been through multiple Mayhem matches getting 0.

Rift and control sometimes work but it takes so long for the supers to build and you can't count on other team members not to steal your kills.

Is anyone else struggling to find a new gun the like?
Halo splintercell is ok but..yeah.
All the new exotic scount just lack umph

Only thing i have enjoyed is my Not like the others (mainly for exploding bulletts :))

I like the Bologna Gemini myself. One Way and Or Another are awesome perks, especially like One Way.

X-Frame

Raid gear spoiler I suppose:

I just got raid boots yesterday, am I correct in assuming that Bungie is phasing out the powerful Increased Heavy Ammo perk on boots?

Getting the hold more Rocket Launcher ammo for example doesn't seem as effective to carry the same amount of rockets as pre-TTK raid/Trials gear.

Namikaze1

No, he's right.
Haven't finished the Vanguard Taken Wars mission, yet I've already completed RtKF once.
I think it popped after I finished the Petra / Variks quest line?

It doesn't pop up from Petra or Variks. At all. It only pops up after beating Fear's Embrace for the Vanguard as it is the continuation of the story. That's the only time it pops up.

I should know cause I did this 3 times. It never popped up when I completed the missions for Variks or Petra on my main. It only and always popped up after doing Taken Wars missions for the vanguard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who got the feeling that the strike streak buff didn't seem to be doing anything. That needs to be fixed/buffed, as well as heroic strike loot in general not being any sort of noticeable increase over the 36 playlist.

Shito

It doesn't pop up from Petra or Variks. At all. It only pops up after beating Fear's Embrace for the Vanguard as it is the continuation of the story. That's the only time it pops up.
I have yet to do Fear's Embrace out of lazyness (I'm at the beginning of the Mars part), yet I have RtKF done and completed -- the Oryx kill was with you, even. :)
It didn't give me anything interesting afterwards, though, or anything at all if I remember it right, so I suppose this quest line is a bit buggued, and apparently I'll have to do it again "properly" after finishing the vanguard Taken Wars quest. :/

What's a good PVP loadout right now if you had to get sweaty for trials/IB?

Best primary, best secondary, best heavy?

Probably Red Death, 1000 yard stare, and a rocket launcher with Horseshoes and Handgrenades. These aren't necessarily the best options but this is what we will see. Solid primary, a revive kill sniper with good AA, and a quick killing heavy.

Lnkn52

Giant Bomb stream. Chat is live and kicking
TadkV.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtKFYJD59_A

Kyne

What's a good PVP loadout right now if you had to get sweaty for trials/IB?

Best primary, best secondary, best heavy?

primary: any pulse rifle with decent stats
special: 1000-Yard Stare / Conspiracy Theory-D /
The Chaperone
heavy: The Vertigo

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to give everyone a felwinters 2.0 right off the boat.

Anastasis

Do we have a generally agreed upon name for the next OT? If not, here goes:

Destiny |OT33| Fireteam Recommended
Destiny |OT33| Climb Every Mountain
Destiny |OT33| Time Well Spindled

Namikaze1

I have yet to do Fear's Embrace out of lazyness (I'm at the beginning of the Mars part), yet I have RtKF done and completed -- the Oryx kill was with you, even. :)
It didn't give me anything interesting afterwards, though, or anything at all if I remember it right, so I suppose this quest line is a bit buggued, and apparently I'll have to do it again "properly" after finishing the vanguard Taken Wars quest. :/
You're most likely confusing The Old Hunger with Road To King's Fall cause if folks can do RTKF before completing The Taken Wars Vanguard quest, it would have been reported by now. But no one has cause it doesn't activate till completing Taken Wars (not Petra's or Variks's). The only quest that activates upon entering the raid is The Old Hunger and that is part of the Touch of Malice quest line. It has nothing to do with the 310 artifact.

Ahh ok. So it seems that if you complete (Taken Wars Earth+Venus+Mars) you'll get The Road to Kings Fall quest for the 310 Artifact. And you have to do that for each character if you want their 310 artifact.

EDIT (Taken Wars Petra + Variks) gives you The Old Hunger questline.

Shito

You're most likely confusing The Old Hunger with Road To King's Fall cause if folks can do RTKF before completing The Taken Wars Vanguard quest, it would have been reported by now. But no one has cause it doesn't activate till completing Taken Wars (not Petra's or Variks's). The only quest that activates upon entering the raid is The Old Hunger and that is part of the Touch of Malice quest line. It has nothing to do with the 310 artifact.
My my, you are totally right, my bad. :)
Didn't know there were *two* separate quests asking you to kill raid's bosses; at first glance I thought they were the exact same bosses, but not quite.

One more proof about my memory being shit. :D

Namikaze1

Ahh ok. So it seems that if you complete (Taken Wars Earth+Venus+Mars) you'll get The Road to Kings Fall quest for the 310 Artifact. And you have to do that for each character if you want their 310 artifact.

EDIT (Taken Wars Petra + Variks) gives you The Old Hunger questline.
Yes for the first part.

No for the edit part. Old Hunger only pops up upon entering the raid. You'll have to back out and pick it up from Eris of course. Old Hunger is tied to Touch of Malice quest only requirement to activate it is just to simply load into the raid just once.

Namikaze1

both my alts got the quest last week. i beat the raid and got the 3 items, but then nothing happened.
That's the Old Hunger quest which is part of the Touch of Malice quest line. Road to King's Fall quest requires you to complete one mission on the Dreadnaught and then just kill 3 bosses in the raid (
Warpriest, Golgoroth, and Oryx
)

I should post up that Touch of Malice guide I had typed up.

Shito

People can complain all they want, but I fucking adore the Undying Mind strike. Supers for days.
Taken version is fine, but that stairways of hell in the original version is ugggh. Drags on for way too long, even when properly chaining supers.
I quite like fighting the boss, though...

Firthy

For some reason I'm having loads of trouble taking down the taken champion at rocketyard before he disappears, does anyone have any tips or even fancy jumping in? I'll be playing in around 45 minutes

Top Bottom