• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LiK

TGzIBSl.png

aw, no Dan. I wonder who the other 3 will be.

If you're raid ready and have the Road to King's Fall quest, you can just skip the 300 artifact quest. I did that on my alts.

when do you get this?

If you're raid ready and have the Road to King's Fall quest, you can just skip the 300 artifact quest. I did that on my alts.

You wouldn't want the 300 one to infuse for your alts to start off with? Or you mean you just did the Road to King's Fall for each of your alts?

aw, no Dan. I wonder who the other 3 will be.

when do you get this?

I did Taken Wars: Venus and Taken Wars: Earth, which then created Taken Wars: Mars. This will create
the final questline, 1 dreadnaught mission and lastly, 3 raid bosses

I think you get the Venus and Earth quest once you beat the main story.

Dalek

Loot from 40 consecutive Vanguard Strikes (and 34 Three of Coins!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...oot_from_40_consecutive_vanguard_strikes_for/

This guy did 40 consecutive strikes and he didn't see any discenerable difference with any Strike "streak" bonus.

So I had some time to burn this weekend and set myself the goal of completing 25 Consecutive Vanguard Strikes. By the time we completed the 25th we didn't want to leave so just kept going to 40. Was it worth it? In short: probably not.

Here is a video of all of the rewards (First 4 minutes are the drops and the rest is me opening them): Loot from 40 Consecutive Vanguard Strikes [1]

When on a strike streak you should have higher drop chances and also increased reputation. However, I was earning the same amount of rep for each strike throughout the whole process.

As for drops, I received 9 Legendary Engrams (3 were mob drops), No unique boss drops, and 58 Rare Engrams. I also received 4 Exotic Engrams but that's because I used 34 Three of Coins.

By the time we reached our 40th strike there was no noticeable difference in the drop rates. I understand 40 is not a massive sample size but it was impossible for me to do any more (even more impossible for the average player who has even less time).

I can't confirm this, but I really feel like the streak bonus is broken? No increased reputation? No increased drop rates? Come next weekend I will be doing 25 Consecutive Heroic Strikes in hopes that the drop rates will show a more dramatic increase as we go on.

The only way I can prove to you I did 40 consecutive strikes is to point you in the direction of my Bungie.net profile. If you go on my stats and onto strikes you'll find a 6 and a half hour period on the 27th where i did nothing but strikes. Here it is: FruityAlpaca[2]

tl;dr The strike streak bonus is shit

This blows.

When did Lima change GAF handles?
JOKING!

I laughed :) I know he rubbed some people the wrong way but I miss Lima, hope he comes back some day. He said some ridiculous things and didn't make his points delicately but he was very knowledgable and helped answer questions, which is always valuable.

Xevren

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...oot_from_40_consecutive_vanguard_strikes_for/

This guy did 40 consecutive strikes and he didn't see any discenerable difference with any Strike "streak" bonus.

This blows.

This honestly doesn't surprise me sadly =/

One of these days I need to get in on a GAF raid, only been up to the Ogre and liked what I saw of it. Never played any of the previous raids before and it's making me sad.

Hmm probably all random. But after a few strikes I noticed more purples dropping and both times I got exotics from heroic strikes, it was on the 4th strike in 1 streak, and 5th strike in another streak. The rest I did no more than 3 strikes in a row (in a few instances) and never got an exotic.

This is including 3oC though. But 3oC doesn't make more purples appear.

Lnkn52

Smart™ Consecutive™ Loot drop has to be broken.

But it might also has to be related to your account as well. Playing with Ruthless for just 5 minutes, he must have gotten two exotic engrams.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

This blows.

I've already come to this same conclusion. I have no problem dropping out of a strike run (the run, not a particular strike - that's annoying) and losing my bonus because it does so little.

LiK

There is at least one die hard Destiny player at Gamespot, forgot his name.

oh yea, Eric is hardcore.

You wouldn't want the 300 one to infuse for your alts to start off with? Or you mean you just did the Road to King's Fall for each of your alts?

I did Taken Wars: Venus and Taken Wars: Earth, which then created Taken Wars: Mars. This will create

so basically it requires people to do the entire raid to get that completed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How is the raid scout rifle? Should I just infuse it in my Suros or Jade Rabbit?

I have an auto version of the raid scout and I like it quite a lot. Overall I prefer Jade, but that's an exotic so not always slotted. I think the scout is the best raid primary. I don't like the AR much, and almost everyone pans the handcannon.

so basically it requires people to do the entire raid to get that completed.

I tried the Raid, for the first time, with a group of 3 friends and 3 Randoms last night. We got to the Daughters within 2.5 hours. It it is pretty fun. I don't mind that the quest line has to hate you complete the Raid. I'm hoping to find some Randoms to finish it this week.

Deku Tree

it popped on both my alts before i did taken wars.

The road to kings fall pops when you finish taken wars from the vanguard.

But you may still have taken wars from Petra and Variks in your inventory. That's separate.

Otherwise I have no idea. Everyone I ever spoke with says it pops after you finish taken wars from the vanguard. And that's how it worked for me 2x.

Namikaze1

I had a shit ton of high level artifacts from my Titan. All I did was infused them to the low level legendary artifacts my alts had. Didn't bother getting the 300 on them when they both had 290+ artifacts. I instead just focused on getting the 310 artifact. No point in going for 300 other than for marks.

All this strike talk...I wish their was a way to get the boss strike gear to drop more consistently...something like 3oC...I really want that Taniks/Dust Palace cloak and the Fallen AR Does Not Bow.

RedFury

This game would be so much better if accuracy pentalties while jumping were removed and 50% of the cover on the maps went along with it.
This so bad. It's a damn shame what has happened to hand cannons. I'd be ok with it if I was the only weapon without accuracy penalties in air. It's a small weapon and just makes sense that it would be easier to handle in air compared to other weapon classes.

Namikaze1

it popped on both my alts before i did taken wars.

The road to kings fall pops when you finish taken wars from the vanguard.

But you may still have taken wars from Petra and Variks in your inventory. That's separate.

Otherwise I have no idea. Everyone I ever spoke with says it pops after you finish taken wars from the vanguard. And that's how it worked for me 2x.
This.

I have no idea what you're talking about, Death. RtKF only pops up after beating Fear's Embrace, the last of the Taken Wars missions for the Vanguard council.

Zomba13

Trying to do this Warlock quest with multikill novabomb in crucible is impossible. No one seems to group up, or I'm on the team that has people grouping up.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've already come to this same conclusion. I have no problem dropping out of a strike run (the run, not a particular strike - that's annoying) and losing my bonus because it does so little.

I always knew it didn't stack anyways.

Still a bad look though lol

And random modifiers should really be a thing

Is anyone else struggling to find a new gun the like?
Halo splintercell is ok but..yeah.
All the new exotic scount just lack umph

Only thing i have enjoyed is my Not like the others (mainly for exploding bulletts :))

TTK weapons - yeah.

Red Death is still my main, and anything else just makes me miss my VoG weapons. BS & Telesto so far are pretty cool, as well as the Supercell (though I wish had more impact). Other than that, I'd give anything just to have VoC, FB, and FV up to Y2. These raid weapons just arent doing it (more-so the lackluster perks).

Top Bottom