• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

There are two quests associated with the Touch of Malice. The first 5 steps are for the Hunger Pangs quest line. Step 6 can be done any time you want.

Hunger Pangs Quest line:
1. To start the Touch of Malice exotic quest, you will first need to find a single Calcified Fragment. These can be found in the Dreadnaught patrol, chests, Court of Oryx, King's Fall Raid, Shield Brothers strike, and Sunless Cell Strike. Basically anywhere in the Dreadnaught.

2. Upon finding one, a quest will pop up over at the Tower. Eris will ask you to find 5 more fragments. Complete this quest requirement.

3. After finding 15 fragments, Eris will send you to an extended version of the mission Promethean Code. Complete the mission.

4. After finding 30 Fragments, Eris will send you to Undying Mind. Please note that this version of Undying Mind does not have matchmaking. You are asked to kill a yellow bar Taken Knight that spawns during the Undying Mind boss fight. You must kill this knight to complete this part of the quest. You can leave to orbit after killing the knight if you want.

5. After finding 40 fragments (a fellow gaffer is saying 45. Just simply putting down what I did. Got this mission at 40 fragments), Eris will send you back to Fear's Embrace. You are to kill a yellow bar Taken Wizard during the Echo of Oryx fight. She will spawn once you bring the Echo's life to around 50-60%. You can leave the mission after killing the wizard. Completing this marks the end of the Hunger Pangs quest line.

6. Find the last 5 fragments for a total of 45.

Now for Part 2 of the ToM quest. This is the Old Hunger quest.

To sart the Old Hunger Quest, you will need to have enter the raid once. Eris will have a new quest available for you to pick up. You will need to do the raid for the next 3 steps.

Old Hunger Quest line (sigh. Raid spoilers.)
7. Beat
Warpriest
for an item called Blade of Famine.

8. Beat
Daughters of Oryx
for an item called Shroud of Ir Anuk.

9. Beat Oryx for an item called Ravenous Heart.

(These items are guaranteed drops as long as you have the quest.)

10. Return to Eris for next step in the quest.

11. Eris will ask for 25 Wormspores, 50 Weapon Parts, and 50 Hadium Flakes.

12. Enjoy your new exotic

You can complete Old Hunger before Hunger Pangs if you want. Eris will only give you Touch of Malice if you completed both quest lines and collected 45 fragments.

One more thing, the Old Hunger Quest is not the quest that gives you the 310 artifact. That is a different quest.

Edit: forgot to mention that the 3 items from the raid do not show up in your inventory. Just check the quests tab to see if you got the items.

Lnkn52

Hunger Pangs Quest line:
1. To start the Touch of Malice exotic quest, you will first need to find a single Calcified Fragment. These can be found in the Dreadnaught patrol, chests, Court of Oryx, King's Fall Raid, Shield Brothers strike, and Sunless Cell Strike.

TY Nami

squadr0n

Where is the easiest place that people here recommend getting the 50 Major Kills for the Sword Quest, Honing the Edge?

Also is there a good video showing how to do step 8 for Path of the Sunsinger quest? Its the part where you need to Complete a strike and kill 20 enemies while surrounded by Radiance. This one has me completely stumped.

E92 M3

Where is the easiest place that people here recommend getting the 50 Major Kills for the Sword Quest, Honing the Edge?

Also is there a good video showing how to do step 8 for Path of the Sunsinger quest? Its the part where you need to Complete a strike and kill 20 enemies while surrounded by Radiance. This one has me completely stumped.

I did it in the good ol' hive major cave on the cosmodrome

Tecnniqe

Banned
LOL I love Firefly like the rest of the Internet but I think the gifs might be getting out of control guys...

Firefly-GIF-1.gif

Alright ;( We will take it back a few...
Serenities

Deku Tree

There are two quests associated with the Touch of Malice. The first 5 steps are for the Hunger Pangs quest line. Step 6 can be done any time you want.

Hunger Pangs Quest line:
1. To start the Touch of Malice exotic quest, you will first need to find a single Calcified Fragment. These can be found in the Dreadnaught patrol, chests, Court of Oryx, King's Fall Raid, Shield Brothers strike, and Sunless Cell Strike. Basically anywhere in the Dreadnaught.

2. Upon finding one, a quest will pop up over at the Tower. Eris will ask you to find 5 more fragments. Complete this quest requirement.

3. After finding 15 fragments, Eris will send you to an extended version of the mission Promethean Code. Complete the mission.

4. After finding 30 Fragments, Eris will send you to Undying Mind. Please note that this version of Undying Mind does not have matchmaking. You are asked to kill a yellow bar Taken Knight that spawns during the Undying Mind boss fight. You must kill this knight to complete this part of the quest. You can leave to orbit after killing the knight if you want.

5. After finding 40 fragments, Eris will send you back to Fear's Embrace. You are to kill a yellow bar Taken Wizard during the Echo of Oryx fight. She will spawn once you bring the Echo's life to around 50-60%. You can leave the mission after killing the wizard. Completing this marks the end of the Hunger Pangs quest line.

To sart the Old Hunger Quest, you will need to have enter the raid once. Eris will have a new quest available for you to pick up. You will need to do the raid for the next 3 steps.

7. Beat
Warpriest

8. Beat
Daughters of Oryx

You can complete Old Hunger before Hunger Pangs if you want. Eris will only give you Touch of Malice if you completed both quest lines and collected 45 fragments.

One more thing, the Old Hunger Quest is not the quest that gives you the 310 artifact. That is a different quest.

Edit: forgot to mention that the 3 items from the raid do not show up in your inventory. Just check the quests tab to see if you got the items.

Thanks Nami! Great post.

BTW, I remember that (I think maybe it was kadey) posted that there was some glitch or quest order breaking that enabled you to get ToM without farming 50 Hadium flakes... Was there any truth to that?

LiK

that place under the Cosmodrome where 3 Hive Majors respawn. had to go to orbit when randoms fucked up the spawns but not too bad there.

Namikaze1

Thanks Nami! Great post.

BTW, I remember that (I think maybe it was kadey) posted that there was some glitch or quest order breaking that enabled you to get ToM without farming 50 Hadium flakes... Was there any truth to that?
I wouldn't know about that. Though would be really helpful for anyone wanting to skip that part. They would still need to farm Hadium Flakes if they want to level up ToM.

LiK

Hunger Pangs Quest line:

5. After finding 40 fragments, Eris will send you back to Fear's Embrace. You are to kill a yellow bar Taken Wizard during the Echo of Oryx fight. She will spawn once you bring the Echo's life to around 50-60%. You can leave the mission after killing the wizard. Completing this marks the end of the Hunger Pangs quest line.

7. Beat
Warpriest

8. Beat
Daughters of Oryx

WAT? I'm already in the final step. man, guess I really need to farm those fucking Flakes....

Hunger Pangs Quest line:

7. Beat
Warpriest

8. Beat
Daughters of Oryx

Thanks for mentioning this. Didn't know I was that close to finishing it already, since I saw post about requiring help for some mission.

The hardest aspect for me and last part ...finding the fragments and getting the flakes...

I did this on Undying Mind while using solar grenades (and touch of Flame just in case). Use it as much as you can, when you get to the boss room activate radiance when enemies are coming out the Vex portal. There should be two goblins at a time, just keep a solar grenade at the portal and you get 2 kills as they step out, and you should get about 8 or 10 before radiance is up (Radiant Will!).

Dave_6

People can complain all they want, but I fucking adore the Undying Mind strike. Supers for days.

I got that strike two times in a row last night in the Heroic playlist. To my surprise, no one AFK'd or quit out and they all played very well. Made it fun!

Deku Tree

I just realized that I'm almost done with all the TTK quest stuff that I would want to complete. This is all I have left to do:

Taken wars 310 artifact Hunter
Finish Red bull quest warlock
Do Void exotic sword quest grind on warlock.

Collect the dead ghosts.

Get warlock to gunsmith rank 5 and do quest.
Get Hunter to gunsmith rank 3 and do quest.

Raids 3x per week.

Daily story, daily crucible, three weekly vanguard heroic, probably skip NF.
Use a lot of 3oC.

Get sleeper simulant... Somehow? Do the other secret missions when they are discovered.

Here is my current highest possible light of my toons:

Warlock 306
Hunter 303
Titan 303.

Dalek

I need some help with this Antiquated Rune? Anyone want to help?

PSN MDavis360-just feel free to join my fireteam, I'll open it up.

That's the Old Hunger quest which is part of the Touch of Malice quest line. Road to King's Fall quest requires you to complete one mission on the Dreadnaught and then just kill 3 bosses in the raid (
Warpriest, Golgoroth, and Oryx
)

I should post up that Touch of Malice guide I had typed up.

no, road to kings fall

i already beat them last week, got the 3 quest items on both alts and nothing happened.

I got it early too. Wonder what's up with that.

yeah it's bugged up that is what

k1t4j

Is anyone planning on doing a raid soon, from the start?

I need the fragments and the bosses for eris.

300 warlock on PSN

Deku Tree

no, road to kings fall

i already beat them last week, got the 3 quest items on both alts and nothing happened.

Your the only person that I ever heard say that... The fact that nothing happened makes it sound like a bug to me.

The road to kings fall quest popped for me today on my Titan right after I finished Fears Embrace with you and Dhruv and went back to the tower. Right after I talked to Cayde then the quest popped.

The same thing happened on my warlock, and when I finished it I got the 310 artifact.

So is Brad the only one in the group that has been through King's Fall? I can't listen to the audio while at work. Is he giving instructions or are the figuring it out as they go?

Half have done it and the other half are new to it. They are giving instructions rather than trying to figure it out.

Namikaze1

no, road to kings fall

Road to King's Fall quest doesn't require you to get any items. The only requirements is to kill 3 raid bosses. That's it. Heck one of them doesn't even drop any of the three items. The bosses are
Warpriest, Golgoroth, and Oryx
. The middle one is the one that doesn't drop any items for a different quest. This quest is the final quest of the Taken King storyline.

The only raid quest which requires you to get 3 items is the Old Hunger quest. The items drop from killing
Warpriest, Daughters, and Oryx
. This quest is tied to the overall Touch of Malice quest line.

Your the only person that I ever heard say that... The fact that nothing happened makes it sound like a bug to me.

The road to kings fall quest popped for me today on my Titan right after I finished Fears Embrace with you and Dhruv and went back to the tower. Right after I talked to Cayde then the quest popped.

The same thing happened on my warlock, and when I finished it I got the 310 artifact.
He's confusing the quest with another. The RtKf doesn't require any item drops at all. It's the Old Hunger that requires the 3 items.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I, uh, feel the Vanguard Strike streak thing may have been misinterpreted. There's no indication whatsoever that it's cumulative. An analysis of its effectiveness would be to compare multiple sessions of strike #1 to strike #2, not strike #2 to strike #40. Actually, I never pay attention but does the rep pop up with a numerical indicator on the right, or just show the symbol with the diamond showing the increase? Should be super easy to test if it's just the former, and I don't think this guy did.

The premise is just to encourage you to stick with a group for multiple strikes before returning to orbit, not a stacking effect that makes every engram a legendary if you do 20 in a row. He states in the post that
Come next weekend I will be doing 25 Consecutive Heroic Strikes in hopes that the drop rates will show a more dramatic increase as we go on.
and I just... that isn't going to do anything

Thanks for this summary. Looks like I'm closer than I thought. I already finished the entire The Old Hunger quest and just need to do 4, 5, and 6 on Hunger Pangs. Sweet!

Top Bottom