• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Okay, no more talking about it. Decided to try my hand at fixing Sector 618. Here's a quick blueprint I just threw together.

Filps0C.jpg

It might be a little confusing so I'll walk through it and my thought process.

First thing's first, let me talk about Sector 618 and what I feel are the problems with this map. The biggest flaw that Sector 618 has is clutter. This map is overdesigned visually and geometrically which creates a map that is both distracting to the player and discombobulated to move around.

However, underneath that mess is an attempt at a fairly simple bridge style map. The concept is honestly really cool, but Bungie was unable to capitalize on it. This is by no means an official layout, but rather an attempt at resolving its issues by redesigning the map on a fundamental level.

I should mention that I made the map inverse symmetrical, which Sector 618 is not; it is a pseudo mirror symmetric map. What I would do differently from this blueprint is add more asymmetric geometry so that the B capture zone is not literally sitting on a platform in the middle of the map. That would be bad for gameplay obviously.

FIGURE 1
  • Alpha and Bravo spawn are self explanitory. In this blueprint, they spawn on opposite corners of the map.
  • Both teams move to opposite sides to grab control of A or C. These zones are equidistant from both teams, meaning there is no clear side that one team must control.
  • B is located in the center of the map. Again, I do not think putting it literally on a platform is a good idea, because then Titans will just go there and throw bubbles on top of it. What I like about that location however is that it would requiree control of several parts of the map to contest. When the blueprint is more fleshed out, that central platform will be tethered more to a side of the map. This is also where I would put the Spark spawn in Rift.
  • Heavy Ammo is placed in a new piece of geometry - a tunnel that passes beneath the hallway.

Now let me explain my thought process behind the design of these areas.
FIGURE 2
  • 1.) This high corner ramps up towards the back of the map, giving you a high position. From here, you can contest the heavy ammo crate on your side of the map and even the middle of the map itself.
  • 2.) This is a path that ramps down to the aforementioned tunnel where heavy ammo spawns. This creates a safe spawn zone and also gives you a route that cuts into the center of the map.
  • 3.) This corner of the map is not elevated like the first one, but it has more cover for the players. You can jump from this corner to the ramp above through the back.
  • 4.) This is the lobby where each team spawns. I wanted it to be flat and open with a lot of room to dance. There will be some crates to jump on though, but they'll all be against the walls to avoid creating "ring-around-the-rosey" gameplay.
  • 5.) There is another lobby across the hallway which is slightly more closed in.
    note: This hallway may or may not have slight changes in elevation where necessary
  • 6.) This is also a new path like the tunnel. It is a route that cuts from the "base" sides of the map into the center. The way I drew it now has it to where you need to either exit the lobby and ramp up to it from the side, or jump up to it. This makes it easy to use for offense, but hard to use for defense. If I wanted to make it more defense oriented, I would switch it so that you ramp onto the platform from the inside hallway, and have to jump onto it from the outside (much like you do currently). It's also worth noting that this path lets you jump to the center platform.
  • 7.) This is another raised platform at the back of the map. It is on the same elevation as the first corner and the central platform, which lets players contest it at range. However, it is small with no cover or railings, meaning it's a risky position to hold.
  • 8.) This area is part of the bridge as we currently know it. However, I've simplified the cover down to just one large crate. It is not as high as the aforementioned platforms, but it still gives you some height to control the bridge and contest other areas of the map.
  • 9.) As I mentioned in Figure 1, this is a small ledge that leads to the Heavy Ammo tunnel.
  • 10.) And last of all is the center platform, which is currently used for nothing more than traversal in Sector 618. I wanted to give it more of an important role. I kept it simple in this blueprint, but now that I'm recognizing the B problem I think it should have several layers so that it isn't a one dimensional piece of geometry. Bungie probably felt otherwise.

Ultimately, where my philosophy differs from theirs is that I want to focus combat more on the center of the map and less on the hallways and corners. This way, players use the hallways more intelligently and make more conscious decisions when maneuvering around the map. I also want to introduce more height variation and risky jumps while simultaneously cutting down on the clutter so that those decisions aren't force fed to the player. This will create a map with a unique gameplay dynamic not currently seen in the game.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I, uh, feel the Vanguard Strike streak thing may have been misinterpreted. There's no indication whatsoever that it's cumulative. An analysis of its effectiveness would be to compare multiple sessions of strike #1 to strike #2, not strike #2 to strike #40. Actually, I never pay attention but does the rep pop up with a numerical indicator on the right, or just show the symbol with the diamond showing the increase? Should be super easy to test if it's just the former, and I don't think this guy did.

The premise is just to encourage you to stick with a group for multiple strikes before returning to orbit, not a stacking effect that makes every engram a legendary if you do 20 in a row. He states in the post that
and I just... that isn't going to do anything

So far all ive seen from the strike buff is that the 2nd you do gives you a rep buff

squadr0n

What is that White Scout Rifle Brad is using in the Raid Stream on Giant Bomb? Ive seen alot of people using it lately, Is it from Dead Orbit? It looks like it has the insignia on the side. Im using a similar one but its Blue and Purple but its still made by Omolon or whatever its called. The rifle I have is called the Last Extremity

WipedOut

What is that White Scout Rifle Brad is using in the Raid Stream on Giant Bomb? Ive seen alot of people using it lately, Is it from Dead Orbit? It looks like it has the insignia on the side.

Dead Orbit Hung Jury SR4 - Amazing Scout. It was my go to before I got my Raid Pulse and the Touch of Malice.

Deku Tree

I, uh, feel the Vanguard Strike streak thing may have been misinterpreted. There's no indication whatsoever that it's cumulative. An analysis of its effectiveness would be to compare multiple sessions of strike #1 to strike #2, not strike #2 to strike #40. Actually, I never pay attention but does the rep pop up with a numerical indicator on the right, or just show the symbol with the diamond showing the increase? Should be super easy to test if it's just the former, and I don't think this guy did.

The premise is just to encourage you to stick with a group for multiple strikes before returning to orbit, not a stacking effect that makes every engram a legendary if you do 20 in a row. He states in the post that

Your exactly right. After you finish one strike, you get a streak bonus that lasts until you back out of the strike playlist. There was never any mention that the streak bonus was cumulative.

So the Reddit poster was effectively proving that the streak bonus isn't cumulative but nobody ever said it was....

... Your test is exactly how you would check the drop rate increase for the streak bonus (after you already did all of your weekly strikes which give guaranteed marks or legendary engrams).

GutZ31

JustGotWicked has accepted everyone's approval to join DGAF Community on PS4 with great humility.
I hope anyone that feels anything less than happy about this gets to play with him in the near future in hopes that he may change your mind.

Congrats everyone that has entered Destiny GAF Community!

skip

What is that White Scout Rifle Brad is using in the Raid Stream on Giant Bomb? Ive seen alot of people using it lately, Is it from Dead Orbit? It looks like it has the insignia on the side. Im using a similar one but its Blue and Purple but its still made by Omolon or whatever its called. The rifle I have is called the Last Extremity

yeah, probably Hung Jury. I had it on me when we raided last weekend and he was SUPER JEALOUS.

forgrim

JustGotWicked has accepted everyone's approval to join DGAF Community on PS4 with great humility.
I hope anyone that feels anything less than happy about this gets to play with him in the near future in hopes that he may change your mind.

I look forward to playing with him via the DGAF community

Can I get some Destiny PS4 people to play with? Just picked up TKK though I've already played the original up to max level (minus the dlc)

PSN: plbelanger

EDIT: is there a sign up list somewhere?

Dalek

I'll ask again :

I need some help with this Antiquated Rune? Anyone want to help?

PSN MDavis360-just feel free to join my fireteam, I'll open it up.

I'm at the CoO right now, and there are 2 others here.

MrDaravon

Yup, Hung Jury. It's a DO Scout Rifle, it's really good for a vendor weapon - super stable, Triple Tap and Firefly. I plan on all of my characters having one, especially since I'm really lacking in non-exotic Primary options at the moment.

Also I really hate the part they're on in the GB livestream, that one jump you have to make towards the end right after you have to duck under just always fucks me for some reason. And for some reason after you respawn the platform you need to get on takes foreverrrrr to show up most of the time, if you could get right back to it I wouldn't mind it so much.

Deku Tree

Fantastic. And of course overwhelmingly deserved.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So far all ive seen from the strike buff is that the 2nd you do gives you a rep buff
exactly. and in theory more engrams (overall) in the second-and-so-forth, versus the first. no difference between the second and third or fifth and tenth.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I would imagine it's available via DO package, not sure about random world drops, but the vendor perks are great as-is.

Yeah I got mine through DO package. Not ideal perks but good enough that I will save the 150 marks for now.

squadr0n

The Last Extremity Scout Rifle I have also has triple tap and Firefly, I wonder how much of a difference there is between the two other than aesthetics.

It's being totally misinterpreted. I agree.

Over the weekend I must have done 20-30 strikes, most of them in a row. By the end of it I was getting 44 rep per completion, which is with the buff from the class item.

However, I will say that I did not notice an increase in legendary drops, whether engrams or otherwise.

Lnkn52

The Last Extremity Scout Rifle I have also has triple tap and Firefly, I wonder how much of a difference there is between the two other than aesthetics.

bnT58bJ.png

je5qpoz.png

I use the Extremity if I want to DPS, other than that Hung is alot faster and has a bigger mag.

FinKL

bnT58bJ.png

je5qpoz.png

I use the Extremity if I want to DPS, other than that Hung is alot faster and has a bigger mag.

That Extremity is nice, Firefly best works with the highest Impact/slow Rate of Fire weapons because the AoE damage scales off of impact.

Namikaze1

There are two quests that requires you to do the raid. One of these quest gives you a 310 artifact for completing said quest. The other is tied to a larger exotic weapon quest.

THE ROAD TO KING'S FALL quest:

The Road to King's Fall quest is available for you to pick up from Eris upon completing the last objective for the Vanguard's Taken Wars quest line. This quest has you do the Summoner's Circle endgame story mission and later the raid.

The raid step requires you to kill 3 of the raid bosses:
Warpriest, Golgoroth, and Oryx

Upon completing the raid step, a marker will show up at the tower. Get to Eris to Recieve the quest line's rewards Vena Cava shader and the 310 Artifact.

THE OLD HUNGER quest:

The Old Hunger is the second raid quest available to pick up from Eris after entering the raid just once. This quest has you do the raid for 3 items and later give Eris a certain amount of Hadium Flakes, Weapon Parts, and Wormspores.

The raid step has you collect 3 items from 3 of the raid bosses:
Warpriest, Daughters of Oryx, and Oryx

Upon completing this step, an additional step will be given to you. The step is mentioned above. If you completed the quest line Hunger Pangs and have 45 fragments, you'll recieve Touch of Malice as a reward.

Edit: get not eat. Goddamn lasagna in the oven is making me hungry...

rc213

Bungle why you put Void shields on Cabal in the Chaperone Shield Brothers Strike!!!!

Fuck you!!!!!! Done with randoms thankfully, Gotta wait a week though...

Kyoufu

I think only getting 80% of the infused item's attack/defense value is bullshit. We earned that gear, why must Bungie screw us?

Also getting 300 loot from the final boss of the raid when you can get 310s from the very first encounter of the raid is also bullshit.

neoism

There are two quests associated with the Touch of Malice. The first 5 steps are for the Hunger Pangs quest line. Step 6 can be done any time you want.

Hunger Pangs Quest line:
1. To start the Touch of Malice exotic quest, you will first need to find a single Calcified Fragment. These can be found in the Dreadnaught patrol, chests, Court of Oryx, King's Fall Raid, Shield Brothers strike, and Sunless Cell Strike. Basically anywhere in the Dreadnaught.

2. Upon finding one, a quest will pop up over at the Tower. Eris will ask you to find 5 more fragments. Complete this quest requirement.

3. After finding 15 fragments, Eris will send you to an extended version of the mission Promethean Code. Complete the mission.

4. After finding 30 Fragments, Eris will send you to Undying Mind. Please note that this version of Undying Mind does not have matchmaking. You are asked to kill a yellow bar Taken Knight that spawns during the Undying Mind boss fight. You must kill this knight to complete this part of the quest. You can leave to orbit after killing the knight if you want.

5. After finding 40 fragments, Eris will send you back to Fear's Embrace. You are to kill a yellow bar Taken Wizard during the Echo of Oryx fight. She will spawn once you bring the Echo's life to around 50-60%. You can leave the mission after killing the wizard. Completing this marks the end of the Hunger Pangs quest line.

6. Find the last 5 fragments for a total of 45.

Now for Part 2 of the ToM quest. This is the Old Hunger quest.

To sart the Old Hunger Quest, you will need to have enter the raid once. Eris will have a new quest available for you to pick up. You will need to do the raid for the next 3 steps.

Old Hunger Quest line (sigh. Raid spoilers.)
7. Beat
Warpriest
for an item called Blade of Famine.

8. Beat
Daughters of Oryx
for an item called Shroud of Ir Anuk.

9. Beat Oryx for an item called Ravenous Heart.

(These items are guaranteed drops as long as you have the quest.)

10. Return to Eris for next step in the quest.

11. Eris will ask for 25 Wormspores, 50 Weapon Parts, and 50 Hadium Flakes.

12. Enjoy your new exotic

You can complete Old Hunger before Hunger Pangs if you want. Eris will only give you Touch of Malice if you completed both quest lines and collected 45 fragments.

One more thing, the Old Hunger Quest is not the quest that gives you the 310 artifact. That is a different quest.

Edit: forgot to mention that the 3 items from the raid do not show up in your inventory. Just check the quests tab to see if you got the items.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i did sruff out of order... i have 42 fragments and she hasnt given me the 5th step at fear's embrace.. you sure its not once you get 45 fragments!.??
:( this shit better not be glitched for me...

Navy Bean

I think only getting 80% of the infused item's attack/defense value is bullshit. We earned that gear, why must Bungie screw us?

Also getting 300 loot from the final boss of the raid when you can get 310s from the very first encounter of the raid is also bullshit.

Add that getting nothing but shards for 4 encounters and 3 chests (up to daughters) is also bs. I guess I'm unlucky this week but that is a terrible drop rate.

GlamFM

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i did sruff out of order... i have 42 fragments and she hasnt given me the 5th step at fear's embrace.. you sure its not once you get 45 fragments!.??

It absolutely is. Fears Embrace IS triggered at 45 fragments, NOT before.

You´re good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best place to get quick Fallen Captain kills for the weapon bounty? I've been waiting on the one in the mothyards on the way to cosmodrome but it's sloooow. Haven't figured out a good farming spot though.

Oscar

What's the best place to get quick Fallen Captain kills for the weapon bounty? I've been waiting on the one in the mothyards on the way to cosmodrome but it's sloooow. Haven't figured out a good farming spot though.
There's a spot on the moon (by the hive/cave entrance) where a Captain spawns every minute or so. That's where I farmed my Captain kills for the gunsmith

Menome

That's the fourth Mayhem match in a row that's gone from a 5K lead to a 10K loss in the space of the last thirty seconds of the round.

Namikaze1

I did mine at 40. Just putting down what I did.

Anyway, I edited it in that it may come up at 45. I definitely know it showed up for me at 40.

Homeboyd

You're in the right place but you need to go back to the cave at the back right of the map (that will lead underneath where you're currently waiting). One respawns there very fast and you can kill that one, then run back up to the skywatch entrance building and kill that one. By the time you get back to the cave, he'll be there again.

Top Bottom