• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Whoever thought it was good idea to use a spongeboss that can teleport from the encounter and be immune as a 30 second challenge should feel bad.

Tecnniqe

Banned
exactly. and in theory more engrams (overall) in the second-and-so-forth, versus the first. no difference between the second and third or fifth and tenth.

Yeah but time spend vs engrams dropped is massive compared to Vanguard vs Heroic. Only thing Heroic gives is a bit more exp each time you finish one. Its not worth it.

What's the best place to get quick Fallen Captain kills for the weapon bounty? I've been waiting on the one in the mothyards on the way to cosmodrome but it's sloooow. Haven't figured out a good farming spot though.

I do it in the Forgotten Shore. There are two captains that continually spawn. One on the ship and another at the top of the hill in the building before Rasputin. Kill one and the adds, then kill the other and the adds and by the time you do that another captain and set of adds will spawn.

DarKshodaN

Are there still guys left who wants to do the raid on the weekend semi blind for the first Time like me?

I have a 305 Warlock,300 Titan,300 Hunter.

We try the Raid Saturday @ 9 pm (uk time)

1. darkshodan84
2. (reserved for a friend)
3. (reserved for a friend)

Need 3 guys more, i don't mind what level you are, we just trying it for fun and see how it works out. Timelimit will be 3-5 Hours.

Hope i must not go to LFG to find some guys :p I know i am pretty late with this raid stuff

inthrall

What's the best place to get quick Fallen Captain kills for the weapon bounty? I've been waiting on the one in the mothyards on the way to cosmodrome but it's sloooow. Haven't figured out a good farming spot though.

Cosmodrome, go to the left to Mothyards. There is three captains, one at the entrance to Skywatch, and one in each of the caves in the zone (each side of Skywatch)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's being totally misinterpreted. I agree.

Over the weekend I must have done 20-30 strikes, most of them in a row. By the end of it I was getting 44 rep per completion, which is with the buff from the class item.

However, I will say that I did not notice an increase in legendary drops, whether engrams or otherwise.
Erm, you should have been getting that much rep from the 2nd strike onward, that's what I'm saying.
Yeah but time spend vs engrams dropped is massive compared to Vanguard vs Heroic. Only thing Heroic gives is a bit more exp each time you finish one. Its not worth it.
Not talking about the difference between Vanguard vs. Heroic at all, though I am curious/confused if it doesn't give more rep per strike

Cosmodrome, go to the left to Mothyards. There is three captains, one at the entrance to Skywatch, and one in each of the caves in the zone (each side of Skywatch)

hummm this a nice spot, im used to do it in the rocketyard, near the entrace of kings watch, but this is better

just finished my last raid for the week with my hunter, arms at 306 up from 303, two cloaks both lower than I had, then I only got the helmet at 310 from Oyrx. My joy was tempered by how fucking ugly it is, hunter is now at 304

Lol, one random stays behind and kills himself all the time. The other gets blown up constantly and is pissy when I finally die.

AOAx3OH.gif

gk1225

Neo Member
Same. I wish the sight were a red dot, but nobody's perfect.

I love the Jade Rabbit so much but I can't seem to get anything higher than its current 294, except my ToM, but I can't bring myself to infuse that even though I don't like it that much. Is it confirmed that once at 300, exotics engrams will decrypt to 310?

Edit: I realize I also have the Raid Pulse at 307, which I also dislike but can't bring myself to infuse.

Oscar

I'm really diggin The Dealbreaker for Crucible. Despite the mediocre stability I find myself handling better than the Zhalo.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is there more poison bubbles at Golgoth than there was a couple of days ago?

I'm struggling today handling all these

Lee

I love the Jade Rabbit so much but I can't seem to get anything higher than its current 294, except my ToM, but I can't bring myself to infuse that even though I don't like it that much. Is it confirmed that once at 300, exotics engrams will decrypt to 310?

They have a good chance of being 310 after you hit 300. No guarantee, though. I'm 3/3 personally after hitting 302. Really wish I would have saved the other twenty or so I farmed. Oh well.

Also wish I didn't blow through 10 faction ranks back at 200 light, but whatever. It is what it is.

Yeah, that's how I got mine.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i did sruff out of order... i have 42 fragments and she hasnt given me the 5th step at fear's embrace.. you sure its not once you get 45 fragments!.??
:( this shit better not be glitched for me...

Mine actually didn't pop until I had 46 fragments lol
But yeah don't worry about it, just grab those last few and it should pop.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah but it's not guaranteed. It's a chance (50%?) to get a 310 version. I got a 310 Jade Rabbit yesterday and I wept a bit.

squadr0n

Anyone here on PS4 willing to help me with the Boss of the Quest Fear's Embrace on Mars? Its the last part of the Taken Wars: Mars quest line if that helps.

PSN: sQuadon
LL 294 Warlock

Basically its a giant circle full of adds and the Boss poisons part of the floor. Im getting too the boss now.

Can I get some Destiny PS4 people to play with? Just picked up TKK though I've already played the original up to max level (minus the dlc)

PSN: plbelanger

EDIT: is there a sign up list somewhere?
Nah just posted away. Pm me your psn name, that way I can remember to add you to the Dgaf ps4 community later since I am away and these pages will go by fast...your post will be lost to me :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
Erm, you should have been getting that much rep from the 2nd strike onward, that's what I'm saying.

Not talking about the difference between Vanguard vs. Heroic at all, though I am curious/confused if it doesn't give more rep per strike

Mmm yes but unless you have a good heroic fireteam the small buff of Rep gained (if any) will not match the rep you get from doing Vanguard as it is like 2x faster.

I am still confused what the major difference is, if any at all.

They finally entered the Raid!

xyJPgl0.gif

gk1225

Neo Member
They have a good chance of being 310 after you hit 300. No guarantee, though. I'm 3/3 personally after hitting 302. Really wish I would have saved the other twenty or so I farmed. Oh well.

Also wish I didn't blow through 10 faction ranks back at 200 light, but whatever. It is what it is.

Yeah, that's how I got mine.

Yeah but it's not guaranteed. It's a chance (50%?) to get a 310 version. I got a 310 Jade Rabbit yesterday and I wept a bit.

Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I can get some good drops from Draksis tomorrow. I know it got nerfed but it still worked better than strikes last week.

Even at 294, the Jade Rabbit is the primary I am using even over the ToM? Am I crazy for not liking that gun that much?

Kaiken

Banned
Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I can get some good drops from Draksis tomorrow. I know it got nerfed but it still worked better than strikes last week.

Even at 294, the Jade Rabbit is the primary I am using even over the ToM? Am I crazy for not liking that gun that much?

It's amazing popping heads from a distance and reloading infinite ammo.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You're in the right place but you need to go back to the cave at the back right of the map (that will lead underneath where you're currently waiting). One respawns there very fast and you can kill that one, then run back up to the skywatch entrance building and kill that one. By the time you get back to the cave, he'll be there again.

That was a good tip, thanks!

Nah, it's a good weapon, but it seems to serve a somewhat specific purpose. Not really a solid general use gun IMO.

The only way I would improve ToM is to make it so my character and UI didn't react from the weapons damage the same way it does to enemy damage. It creates a lot of confusion in hectic firefights.

i don't understand why Thorn, Hawkmoon and The Last Word even have ballistics options on them. Ace of Spades doesn't have those options - it looks just like a normal hand cannon where the only thing that changes are the sights.

I feel like the whole trinity could have been avoided if that was the case for the original exotics as well.

Mindlog

If anyone needs to kill Oryx. So do I!
What are the chances of me reaching light level 299 or 300 without the raid?
It's very possible, but it will take some time. Drops of 300 light items are pretty rare.
I have died more this round of than every other attempt combined.

No clue what's going on here.
I have a cocoon weapon for every slot. I will rip that thing apart next time we meet.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm pulling Gaze during the Golgoth fight and just getting blitzed by his poison bubbles.

Has there been any changes to those?

matmanx1

I'm really diggin The Dealbreaker for Crucible. Despite the mediocre stability I find myself handling better than the Zhalo.

I have one of those I got as a Crucible rank up and it's 295 light right out of the gate. Seems pretty fun to use but I'm not brave enough to actually try it in the Crucible yet. I generally stink at auto rifles and scout rifles in PVP.

Maybe I should give it a go.

the perks aren't flashy i guess but god damn the Fabian Strategy is the most satisfying gun I've ever fired in video game history.

ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka

bungie is the best in the world

Lee

I'm pulling Gaze during the Golgoth fight and just getting blitzed by his poison bubbles.

Has there been any changes to those?

On Tuesday this happened to me. They weren't lining up like usual. I assumed I was in a bad spot and switched to my sword and just blocked the damn things.

Also, if you're on a hunter, if you shadestep through them, and then shadestep back, you will avoid all of them 95% of the time.

Top Bottom