• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

what's the best game type for pvp sword kills? tried mayhem but i was just getting blown up to golden guns or hammers

Depends really. A lot of people have had luck in rumble. I did my sword kills in clash/control. Some have suggested going into classic modes as well, as they seem to have a higher population of scrubby players.

at least they got ghosts before. My one completion everyone got shards from the chest before, and from the warpriest. yucky.

Given that they want us to progress horizontally and build kits instead of chasing light, raid gear should be dropping *much* more frequently than past raids. It's a weekly lock out; we can't grind this stuff like other parts of the game. Not like we're trying to hit 30 or 32 anymore. (And that's before you even consider that drops vary in light values.) This feels stingier than any other raid, even though they said they were leaning into the fact that Destiny is a loot game and thus turning up drop rates.

I don't get it.

LTWood12

Given that they want us to progress horizontally and build kits instead of chasing light, raid gear should be dropping *much* more frequently than past raids. It's a weekly lock out; we can't grind this stuff like other parts of the game. Not like we're trying to hit 30 or 32 anymore. And that's before you even consider that drops vary in light values.

I don't get it.

Maybe you'll get two pulse rifles from Oryx!

inthrall

what's the best game type for pvp sword kills? tried mayhem but i was just getting blown up to golden guns or hammers

Other tips above are good, especially important is using guard if you get ammo. Lets you survive a shotgun shot from the front, then you can kill them on the backswing (also parries other players swords)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Still need 3 more for fresh raid. Experience pref.

PSN: ultrajari

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't have the Ghost shell, so hearing that 5/6 people got it from a Raid makes me salty as fuck :D

I've opened that chest twice and gotten it both times. Also got it once from Oryx with 20 shards.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It runs deep. Share it with me!
crime.gif

:,(

Midas

What has happened with the matchmaking in PvP? I havent won a single game in two hours because no one I get matched with can play. Wtf?

Neither are ideal perk-wise. How do you know the quest reward perks though? I think it's a random roll. Mine rolled with hot swap, Quickdraw, and eye of the storm. If you end up with those choices go with the vendor one.

Weird. Seems like everyone who did the quest has the same roll in my clan, but I am not positive on this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A chime? I never noticed that. Is it a cue for Holding Aces?
Yes. A chime and the gun itself will flash visually. It's new with TTK.

Not just Holdin' Aces but the Luck in the Chamber bullet as well. So you know every lucky bullet you shoot even if it's into a wall or finishing off someone with a sliver

If you've used all three, immediately reload.
If you've used two and there are 7+ shots remaining in the mag, reload.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait, I thought 310 exotics were a bug and shouldn't happen?
Honestly they haven't really been super clear about this. The only thing they stated definitively is that the 310 spindles dropping as rewards from the mission shouldn't have been 310.

j-wood

Honestly they haven't really been super clear about this. The only thing they stated definitively is that the 310 spindles dropping as rewards from the mission shouldn't have been 310.

I'm going to be so pissed if I fused away that 310 spindle for nothing.

Finished the entire Taken King raid earlier today for the first time. Fellow Gaffers, Victim and Thetrin were along for the entire raid. We were lucky to have Fig drop in at the end and help us deal with the final boss. Emblems, shaders, and cool raid weapons for all. Good times.

Cheers

Kyne

Alright, if Xur follows the pattern of having one new year 2 exotic, tomorrow will be the Titan's gloves then. First week was Warlock's gloves. Second week was Hunter's gloves.

I'd much prefer the dodge chest piece or the sonic the hedgehog boots.

deoee

Anyone CoO2 for the ToM Quest? :3
I've only got one rune, so it would be wonderful if you have some of your own !

deoee0 pleeeaze

squadr0n

Need help with a purchasing decision. Ive got enough legendary marks for the Year 2 versions of: The Red Death, The Last Word, Bad JuJu, and the Heavy machine gun Thunderlord. Which would be best for the raid/end game content? Ive heard that there is a quest that requires kills with the Last Word but ive also heard you pretty much need a Heavy machine gun for the raid and since my sniper rifle is shit at the moment which would be best?

Top Bottom