• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

phen0m24

Finished the entire Taken King raid earlier today for the first time. Fellow Gaffers, Victim and Thetrin were along for the entire raid. We were lucky to have Fig drop in at the end and help us deal with the final boss. Emblems, shaders, and cool raid weapons for all. Good times.

Cheers

Congrats!

That Fig, she's not half bad. :p

Do I take the night off
or start my hunter

Kyne

Need help with a purchasing decision. Ive got enough legendary marks for: The Red Death, The Last Word, Bad JuJu, and the Heavy machine gun Thunderlord. Which would be best for the raid/end game content? Ive heard that there is a quest that requires kills with the Last Word but ive also heard you pretty much need a Heavy machine gun for the raid and since my sniper rifle is shit at the moment which would be best?

Thunderlord for raid.

TLW will just help you get The Chaperone, which is good, just not for the raid.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Need help with a purchasing decision. Ive got enough legendary marks for the Year 2 versions of: The Red Death, The Last Word, Bad JuJu, and the Heavy machine gun Thunderlord. Which would be best for the raid/end game content? Ive heard that there is a quest that requires kills with the Last Word but ive also heard you pretty much need a Heavy machine gun for the raid and since my sniper rifle is shit at the moment which would be best?

As long as you have some type of sniper, you can use any weapon at all for the raid or any other end game content. Any, they are all the same. You don't need a HMG for the raid.

SnakeEyes

Banned
they got it from first boss right? i wanna do that fight just to see if i get it.
From the Totem fight chest, right before the first boss.

Yeah it feels like everyone has it except me. CoO dropped a 290 one for me this morning and I was pumped.
I feel your pain, man... :'(

I've opened that chest twice and gotten it both times. Also got it once from Oryx with 20 shards.
tumblr_m8e4fzu4aY1qhehmxo1_250.gif

Thanks to all that replied! I solo'd it so I was busy hiding from the boss and I'm sure the taken dude got wasted by the boss:) Guess I'll go do it again.

Kyne

Need help with a purchasing decision. Ive got enough legendary marks for: The Red Death, The Last Word, Bad JuJu, and the Heavy machine gun Thunderlord. Which would be best for the raid/end game content? Ive heard that there is a quest that requires kills with the Last Word but ive also heard you pretty much need a Heavy machine gun for the raid and since my sniper rifle is shit at the moment which would be best?

Thunderlord for raid.

TLW will just help you get The Chaperone, which is good, just not for the raid.

Klyka

Banned
Alright online on PSN now, would love to find two people to help me get my Exotic Sword and will of course return the favor!

PSN is Klyka1

I can't believe I accidentally kept posting in gaming side about this, no wonder no one was replying *face palm*

Deku Tree

Was at marks cap and I bought two legendary crucible ghosts. Now I have ghosts that decrypt engrams grants planetary materials everywhere except on the moon.

Seems like you have to be extremely lucky to RNG the helium filaments legendary ghost.... That Or it just doesn't exist in the game right now.

Was at marks cap and I bought two legendary crucible ghosts. Now I have ghosts that decrypt engrams grants planetary materials everywhere except on the moon.

Seems like you have to be extremely lucky to RNG the helium filaments legendary ghost.... That Or it just doesn't exist in the game right now.

Wait there is a ghost that auto decodes engrams?

Bogeypop

I thought today would be a chill Destiny day. Just do my Dailies then hop off and do a spooky, scary SOMA stream since it's October! And I'd use a mic even!
Though I don't get scared easily, so that'd probably take the fun out of it for some people :p
... But I forgot that yesterday, due to Spindle Sherpa'ing, I didn't have a chance to do the 300 Light Lvl Dark Blade Strike for the final step in the Exotic Sword quest! Need to do it on both my Hunter and Titan. Solar on Hunter and Arc on Titan. Anyone up for it?

Klyka

Banned
I thought today would be a chill Destiny day. Just do my Dailies then hop off and do a spooky, scary SOMA stream since it's October!... But I forgot that yesterday, due to Spindle Sherpa'ing, I didn't have a chance to do the 300 Light Lvl Dark Blade Strike for the final step in the Exotic Sword quest! Need to do it on both my Hunter and Titan. Anyone up for it?

I'm looking for someone too!
I need the voidsword! Want to find a third?

PSN is Klyka1

Klyka

Banned
Looking for a third for the Exotic Sword Sunless Cell strike! Will do it till all of us have one :)

PSN is Klyka1

edit: we got a third bogey! join fireteam!

Iron Banner returns on October 13th.
Trials Of Osiris returns on October 16th.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13642

I'm not ready.

"We will attempt to match up teams with similar win counts.
If you have 1 win, we will try to match you with another team with only 1 win.
If you have 8 wins… yup."

I'm not ready. It really feels like they are trying to segment PvE and PvP into two very separate things. As if you are better off playing only one or the other.

Top Bottom