• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Kyne

Noomi's Thoughts

I can't help but feel all the new year 2 exotic weapons are just completely awesome. Kudos to the design team on that one.... from the way they look, feel and sound, to their awesome perks and uniqueness.

Every new exotic weapon just feels great and useful, I just wish I could equip 2 at once :p

The telesto, jade rabbit, black spindle, supercell, and chaperone stand out as some of my favorites.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the swords, love using those!

sorry mate. Fabian Strategy sucks.

I think the Trials gear should be able to drop at 310. It's still end-game content and winning won't be easy.

zewone

IB gear (except the hunter helm) looks great. Very curious about Trials gear indeed.

Shame IB isn't Rift. I was looking forward to GAF groups for that.

Edit: I'm heading home from work shortly, and will add any requests from my inbox to the PSN community as soon as I get home.

I like it.

Sort of reminds me of the Elite Knight helm from Dark Souls.

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2747259661-iron-companion-mask

gkGXAUs.png

Mixed feelings about the Trials matchmaking change.

On one hand, it SHOULD make getting to lower reward levels easier.

On the other, it makes me getting to Mercury without being carried even less possible than it was previously.

As long as they don't gate blatantly PVE gear behind ToO again, I *think* I'm OK with this.

I wouldn't hedge your bets on them not putting PvE gear behind mercury. It's a way to make people who hate PvP play it. Gets them metrics up!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So hey
The Nightfall reward “Radiant Light” has been retired. In its place, Vanguard Streaks can be earned by players in Strike playlists for a chance at more rewards. For more information, follow this Help article.
Bungie just FYI this makes absolutely no sense :(

IB gear (except the hunter helm) looks great. Very curious about Trials gear indeed.

Shame IB isn't Rift. I was looking forward to GAF groups for that.

Edit: I'm heading home from work shortly, and will add any requests from my inbox to the PSN community as soon as I get home.

Sorry if I missed it, can someone link the hunter helm?

i wonder how well the carry trains will do with the guaranteed extra sweaty matches at the higher number of wins.

I should imagine the carry trains will run out of steam with the new system, maybe it's what they intended as they weren't happy about them in the first place, or the fact people were paying for it

zewone

So hey

Bungie just FYI this makes absolutely no sense :(

Not only does it not make sense, but it doesn't even work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...oot_from_40_consecutive_vanguard_strikes_for/

When on a strike streak you should have higher drop chances and also increased reputation. However, I was earning the same amount of rep for each strike throughout the whole process.

As for drops, I received 9 Legendary Engrams (3 were mob drops), No unique boss drops, and 58 Rare Engrams. I also received 4 Exotic Engrams but that's because I used 34 Three of Coins.

By the time we reached our 40th strike there was no noticeable difference in the drop rates. I understand 40 is not a massive sample size but it was impossible for me to do any more (even more impossible for the average player who has even less time).

Dunk#7

Any good crucible players want to run a few control matches?

Need to complete fireteam quest with 3 wins and somebody getting high score. I should be able to be the highest score in at least one of the three matches

Deku Tree

Kalamari

What if they made the radiant light effect, not the exp. buff, a reward for completing heroic strikes without quitting?

Yeah. It was complete bullshit that they were increasing rep gains for other activities. And reducing the bounty rep gains is stupid as fuck as well because again, Nightfall was a huge bonus.

That study is flawed. The streak bonus is starts after the first strike and it is not cumulative... So there should be no difference in loot between strikes 2-40.

I can't believe that guy wasted all that time to prove what we already knew.

The point is that the rep gains are broken and flawed, and the streak buff is only cosmetic.

squadr0n

Why doesnt my Daily Crucible Mayhem Clash Daily quest not filled in like the other dailies after I complete them? Do you have to do it multiple times?

Daemul

Iron Banner returns on October 13th.
Trials Of Osiris returns on October 16th.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13642

IB and ToO in the same week? LOL! The lag is going to be out of control.

absolutely no reason to do the Nightfall strike anymore now

I haven't done it in two weeks, the loot table is heavily diluted with junk, there's no exp bonus, no 500 rep boost, it doesn't give legendary marks etc. Why the hell should I put myself through a pain in the ass Nightfall when nearly all the benefits for doing so are gone?

zewone

That study is flawed. The streak bonus is starts after the first strike and it is not cumulative... So there should be no difference in loot between strikes 2-40.

I can't believe that guy wasted all that time to prove what we already knew.

What's the point of it then? It offers no advantage and does not make up for the loss of the 20% XP NF boost.

noomi

Nothing but crucible for me now, gotta get ready for trials.

Same here, I've caught up to all the PvE content across my main and alts.

Now it's time to shift focus to PvP, figure out what gear I want to run and infuse, and get ready for Trials baby!

Deku Tree

The point is that the rep gains are broken and flawed, and the streak buff is only cosmetic.

The streak buff may or may not be cosmetic, but what that guy did does not prove it. He proved that the streak buff is not cumulative over 40 strikes but nobody ever said that it was...

zewone

I haven't done it in two weeks, the loot table is heavily diluted with junk, there's no exp bonus, no 500 rep boost, it doesn't give legendary marks etc. Why the hell should I put myself through a pain in the ass Nightfall when nearly all the benefits for doing so are gone?

Last weeks was fun with void and special burn using a Telesto.

Super easy.

This week is not so fun.

Dunk#7

Need a couple for a few fun crucible matches. Need the fireteam quest completed

We can play what you want as long as it is 6v6

1. Dunk7

The streak buff may or may not be cosmetic, but what that guy did does not prove it. He proved that the streak buff is not cumulative over 40 strikes but nobody ever said that it was...

yeah, the icon you get next to your character after the 1st strike doesn't even say anything about it being cumulative. not sure why he went through all the hassle.

Deku Tree

What's the point of it then? It offers no advantage and does not make up for the loss of the 20% XP NF boost.

I think you are supposed to get a little bit of extra rep and possibly more engrams for doing consecutive strikes versus quitting and starting over. It is supposed to discourage quitting if you get a bad strike like Echo Chamber. Nobody has really tested properly how many extra engrams you might get.

Top Bottom