• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

IB and ToO in the same week? LOL! The lag is going to be out of control.

I haven't done it in two weeks, the loot table is heavily diluted with junk, there's no exp bonus, no 500 rep boost, it doesn't give legendary marks etc. Why the hell should I put myself through a pain in the ass Nightfall when nearly all the benefits for doing so are gone?

i got an antiquated rune for the nightfall. so it basically just gave me an item that made me do another thing for the reward. (got a useless dupe artifact in the 270s)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This reddit post is based entirely on a misunderstanding and if you look at my posts a few pages back you'll see that I don't believe the Vanguard Streak bonus is broken, and don't really have any problem with it. It may not be a hugely beneficial buff but works fine.

However it has nothing at all to do with the bonuses that Radiant Light used to offer, is completely independent from the Nightfall reward table (which was worsened by the TTK launch in the first place), can't actually be activated with regard to Nightfalls at all (doesn't it take you to orbit after you complete it and continue?), doesn't compensate in particular for either Nightfall rewards in general with extra engrams or Radiant Light with extra rep... and let's not kid ourselves, most importantly doesn't give you cool-ass blue flames around your head for the rest of the week.

It's just such a bizarre thing to say. Like... it's not just that they're not equivalent, they have nothing to do with one another. :-/

zewone

Oh yeah, and BTW, I think the Gunsmith is offering this for arms day next week.

Do yourself a favor and order it. It destroys in PVP and I don't even like fusions.

Gefhc4z.jpg

deoee

Need help with Fears Embrace on Phobos for the ToM?

I'm tired of doing everthing alone/with randoms :|

Plus this one is pretty hard... already helped someone here do it
p0QHO.gif

zewone

This reddit post is based entirely on a misunderstanding and if you look at my posts a few pages back you'll see that I don't believe the Vanguard Streak bonus is broken, and don't really have any problem with it. It may not be a hugely beneficial buff but works fine.

However it has nothing at all to do with the bonuses that Radiant Light used to offer, is completely independent from the Nightfall reward table (which was worsened by the TTK launch in the first place), can't actually be activated with regard to Nightfalls at all (doesn't it take you to orbit after you complete it and continue?), doesn't compensate in particular for either Nightfall rewards in general with extra engrams or Radiant Light with extra rep... and let's not kid ourselves, most importantly doesn't give you cool-ass blue flames around your head for the rest of the week.

It's just such a bizarre thing to say. Like... it's not just that they're not equivalent, they have nothing to do with one another. :-/

Right, I understand. It's like

• Users were able to spam Sunbreaker hammers so we lowered the accuracy of Primary weapons after Blinking.

Gammacide

Finished the entire Taken King raid earlier today for the first time. Fellow Gaffers, Victim and Thetrin were along for the entire raid. We were lucky to have Fig drop in at the end and help us deal with the final boss. Emblems, shaders, and cool raid weapons for all. Good times.

Cheers
It was a ton of fun too! We make for a very relaxed and good-timey run. We should do at least one every Thursday at that time. ;)

Extra thanks to Fig for the clutch help too. :)

Shito

Wait, they are trying to say that the system replacing radiant light is that obtuse and not-really-evident streak bonus?
Oh well, hopefully in a few weeks they'll realise nobody is running the NF anymore and work on introducing real rewards to it again...

Is that flower gear pvp stuff?

kinda. the perks aren't optimized yet but i see no reason to switch anything else.

-i have grenade distance and pulse rifle reload on the gauntlets (looking for hand cannon reload)
-sniper rifle ammo and solar burn damage on the chest
-rocket launcher ammo and arc double kill agility on the boots (my old one had solar but i swapped it with this for the rocket launcher perk)

almost perfect rolls. it's the most aesthetically pleasing hunter armor to me currently so i'm glad that i can keep it relevant. i have a legendary helmet i can swap if i want to use an exotic somewhere else but the gear is good otherwise.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's bog wild, vanguard gear.

kinda. the perks aren't optimized yet but i see no reason to switch anything else.

-i have grenade distance and pulse rifle reload on the gauntlets (looking for hand cannon reload)
-sniper rifle ammo and solar burn damage on the chest
-rocket launcher ammo and arc double kill agility on the boots (my old one had solar but i swapped it with this for the rocket launcher perk)

almost perfect rolls. it's the most aesthetically pleasing hunter armor to me currently so i'm glad that i can keep it relevant. i have a legendary helmet i can swap if i want to use an exotic somewhere else but the gear is good otherwise.
Interesting. Was planning on using my boost thing to level a hunter. Is anyone planning on running with an alt tomorrow?

lt519

Seriously? Wow, where is the sense of community and helping out others. I hope you seriously can't field a team. Thank god you're not on xblive.

I've carried people through for three weeks, I've ran Skolas schools and newbie raids a ton of times, in the double digits some weeks. I've run the KF raid for three weeks taking some newbies everytime and can't finish because teaching and executing new people can take hours.

Just looking to beat it once, so get off your high horse because I do more for this community than most. I'm not asking for 300+ (I didn't even mention light level), not requiring a ToM, not even that they've beat it, just that they know what to do.

Are you serious?

Thank you, I'm allowed to be a sliver of selfish one every year for the amount I do.

Top Bottom