• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

What is the best non-raid way to get blues in the mid to upper 290's? I hit 292 with my Titan and I'm getting almost nothing, like not even any 290ish blues to infuse more weapons. I feel like I've been using the same 3 guns (298, 292, 297) for several days because I'm getting nothing to infuse my other stuff.

Its a numbers game, you wear your highest light level gear and decode as many engrams as you can. It will rain engrams if you grind just about anything PVE, like court of oryx or 36 strikes or just running around doing patrol quests (the little green sticks on ground in any zone). I find like 70% of my engrams decode below 280, 10% 280-290, and 10% 290-300. It takes hundreds and hundreds of engrams to advance slowly, unfortunately.

At some point its just easier to raid and get drops, even if you can't clear the raid pretty much anybody over 290 can do the first 3 or 4 bosses and thats a lot of chances at loot. I haven't killed Oryx yet but killed up to him on two chars this week in destinyLFG pugs, no real problems.

Deku Tree

If you do the final 300 light exotic sword strike quest with randoms... What prevents the blueberries from killing your warden too early, after spending thirty or so minutes to get to the boss, and screwing up your quest?

Namikaze1

Got my Hunter and Warlock ready for the most time consuming part of the sword quest: the mat farming and 500 ability kills.

Doing them tomorrow.

If you do the final 300 light exotic sword strike quest with randoms... What prevents the blueberries from killing your warden too early, after spending thirty or so minutes to get to the boss, and screwing up your quest?
Nothing, had it happen a few times to me. Go with people you know or try to get randoms into a party chat so you and they know what to kill.

LiK

OMFG, THIS STRIKE MISSION WAS LONG AS HELL AND FINAL BOSS WAS RIDICULOUS ON HEROIC.

Thanks for dropping in Xplicit. Random left so it took a while.

gdt

Does the Goliath tank count as an ultra for the 3 of coins? Wondering if I should pop another one for Valus.

so the spindle apparently broke all the destiny inventory apps

except the main bungie one it seems

edit: nevermind I'm seeing it on the chrome extension but tower ghost still seems out of commission

Namikaze1

Just need to raid on my Warlock to be done raiding this week. I got 14 Mouldering Shards in the vault. I better get something good
lolno

Yesnomaybe?

Ghosts are by far the hardest thing to get to drop. Especially if you are lower light, buying a 280 Ghost will be a huge boost and start giving you better engram decryptions. Unless you get super lucky I doubt you will find a better Ghost anytime soon.

My Titan is 303, a sliver from 304, with a 294 blue ghost and even that was a miracle to get. I was rocking that 280 Vanguard one for a long, long time.

Lunar FC

Ghosts are by far the hardest thing to get to drop. Especially if you are lower light, buying a 280 Ghost will be a huge boost and start giving you better engram decryptions. Unless you get super lucky I doubt you will find a better Ghost anytime soon.

My Titan is 303, a sliver from 304, with a 294 blue ghost and even that was a miracle to get. I was rocking that 280 Vanguard one for a long, long time.

Alright cool, Ill nab one.

We need an exotic ghost shell which is called "Ghost of Dinkle Past" or something. Defense 290. Exotic perk: Chance upon getting an objective to have to wait around your ghost for five minutes fighting off enemies.

ocean

Banned
so the spindle apparently broke all the destiny inventory apps

except the main bungie one it seems

edit: nevermind I'm seeing it on the chrome extension but tower ghost still seems out of commission
The apps are fine, it's just the API was relaying then as classified (even on the official Destiny app). Luckily it's been updated. Gotta be fair that was a lot sooner than I expected, I'm happy they got to it quickly :)

cakely

Ok, GAF, another question.

There seems to be practically no penalty to joining a faction in TTK. You seem to get full Crucible and Vanguard faction, but you get an additional 50% that goes toward your chosen faction. The only downside is the initial 2500 glimmer investment.

Is this true? If so I'm said that I spent over a week without joining any factions. :(

Top Bottom