• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

What are the perks? I'm at work.

EDIT: nm you answered. My tread upon stars has zen and firefly so I'm good.
Yeah that's a good roll.
Triple tap is probably the best perk of the Hung Jury, though: shoot at bosses crit spot forever and ever!
Those taken champions can lose like half of their health without needing to reload...

[EDIT]
Top post of spreading that Hung Jury love!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yeah that's a good roll.
Triple tap is probably the best perk of the Hung Jury, though: shoot at bosses crit spot forever and ever!
Those taken champions can lose like half of their health without needing to reload...
Hmmm cool, so how many precision shots before you get an extra bullet?

Yeah that's a good roll.

[EDIT]
Top post of spreading that Hung Jury love!

Yep, said it before, it's the ONLY weaponI like using in the game now. Haven't found a shotgun ,sniper, rocket, or machine gun that I like.

Hung Jury is the ONLY weapon that gives me any satisfaction as of right now.

Zoidberg

Lucky timing dismantling all my old exotics yesterday with that new patch change. Ended up getting 2 shards for most of them and now have a nice stockpile of 65 for infusing, and that's after spindling all my secondaries up to near 300.

Justinh

I thought there was matchmaking for that as well, but I think thats an error. I don't think there is for that.

I did it solo too, was lame and took a bit of time. I didnt even know what I was supposed to do at the end, figure there would be a notification of some kind, but nope. Apparently, a specific enemy crawls out of the side of the map when an add wave spawns in. It happened toward the end, when the boss health was really low. I was just killing all the adds to play it safe and I guess I killed what I had to kill because I got a notification to pop up saying my quest was completed, or that part at least. And then I finished killing the boss, cus, why not at that point.

Yeah, I'm a little confused, because I got the mission complete thing, and it still shows as not completed and I need to do it for Eris and I really don't want to do it by myself again, especially if it's not gonna count again. I think I got booted to orbit after a countdown, I don't usually just leave...

Anyone up for King's Fall Raid? Me and a few friends are doing it the first time. Probably only have time to get to warpriest, but we'll see what happens. PSN: j2theizzay

What is the best non-raid way to get blues in the mid to upper 290's? I hit 292 with my Titan and I'm getting almost nothing, like not even any 290ish blues to infuse more weapons. I feel like I've been using the same 3 guns (298, 292, 297) for several days because I'm getting nothing to infuse my other stuff.

phen0m24

Three precision shots to get the extra bullet.
Forget to say it also comes with extended mag, which pushes the magazine to 20 bullets.
Keeps shooting for.ev.er.
You guys are gonna make me go DO and abandon New Monarchy with all this Hung Jury talk

What is the best non-raid way to get blues in the mid to upper 290's? I hit 292 with my Titan and I'm getting almost nothing, like not even any 290ish blues to infuse more weapons. I feel like I've been using the same 3 guns (298, 292, 297) for several days because I'm getting nothing to infuse my other stuff.

Court of Oryx

ocean

Banned
Pit on the highest light gear you have, team up with a friend and spend an hour or two at Court of Oryx

ocean

Banned
Yeah, I'm a little confused, because I got the mission complete thing, and it still shows as not completed and I need to do it for Eris and I really don't want to do it by myself again, especially if it's not gonna count again. I think I got booted to orbit after a countdown, I don't usually just leave...
It doesn't matchmake because there aren't lots of people at that specific part of the quest right at that moment. And it's not about completing the Strike. There's a specific enemy which spawns when the boss health is like 25% whicj you have to kill. You'll get a big notification when he's dead.

You guys are gonna make me go DO and abandon New Monarchy with all this Hung Jury talk

Court of Oryx

Pit on the highest light gear you have, team up with a friend and spend an hour or two at Court of Oryx

Thanks. I've been splitting time between all 3 characters and playing a lot of PvP, so I haven't even touched CoO yet, even though that was one of the main things I was looking forward to.

If I just head over there from patrol, will I likely see people already there, or is there a trick to gettin an instance with people?

Deku Tree

So 3oC works exactly the same as it did before if you do a strike train or run a raid... But if you farm Draksis or kill ultras in a short period of each other then it has a cool down and it just does nothing?

Shito

When should I start keeping stuff in the vault? I'm level 22 and I've been dismantling everything I'm not using so far, all greens and blues.
Much later on.
The vault is basically an end-game feature, for when you have a lot of stuff you want to keep for other builds / collection.

So 3oC works exactly the same as it did before if you do a strike train or run a raid... But if you farm Draksis or kill ultras in a short period of each other then it has a cool down and it just does nothing?
From what they said, yes.
Much smarter to just run whole strikes to use them now.

Are there optimal spots to stand yet when pulling gaze from the ogre?

Gaze jugglers must stand opposite one another so they have a clear view of his back while the other has his gaze. We start w one guy back left who draws his aggro so the other guy front right can hit his back for the gaze. The DPS team downs the orb then you rotate front right to back left to middle right to middle left to back right to front left.

The gaze guys need to keep their positions in front of the downed sack so that the DPS team has a clear view of his tummy. Just don't panic and down the venom blobs as they spawn, with primary or heavy or super, whatever. Guy without the gaze should start downing the next sack.

Any help here understanding the mechanics of the Sisters fight..

Wherever the dot is would be the last platform? The first platform counter clockwise will always be first? Runner always starts at the platform counterclockwise from the dot or 4?

Thanks

Yes, the relic is suspended over the last platform so just work closkwise back from that to see where to start. When walking in the room, if the relic is above the back left platform you would start front left --> front right --> back right --> back left. Hope that makes sense.

ocean

Banned
A lot of people played Crucible for a year when it was a whole lot worse without any incentives...
Crucible
Is horrible right now because it's full of people who don't wanna win. They care more about a stupid Engram so they equip their highest light stuff even if it isn't good for PvP.

So instead of their Messenger and Matador you'll see them rocking random ass 290 blues with terrible perks.

It isn't fun when your team is full of badly equipped players only there for a bounty like get 5 assists. And it isn't fun either when that's the enemy team.

I used to be perfectly average. 1.2 ish K/D. Now I either go 30-10 or I get Mercy'd out depending on my luck with the bad player distribution in the lobby.

I want all these people to be done with their quests, get whatever class item or emblem or whatever it is they want, and then leave to let the Crucible go back to being a place where people gear in and play to win.

Arrrammis

Has anyone been able to get the dreadnaught bounty thing to work? I am stuck at melee killing 3 cursed thrall without dying and it never advance no matter how many i kill.

Also, is anyone up for the mini crota fight? I have the rune, just need some firepower!

Justinh

It doesn't matchmake because there aren't lots of people at that specific part of the quest right at that moment. And it's not about completing the Strike. There's a specific enemy which spawns when the boss health is like 25% whicj you have to kill. You'll get a big notification when he's dead.

Ah, okay thanks.

I'll try it again later or tomorrow. I fear I might be Destiny-ing myself out here...

ocean

Banned
Thanks. I've been splitting time between all 3 characters and playing a lot of PvP, so I haven't even touched CoO yet, even though that was one of the main things I was looking forward to.

If I just head over there from patrol, will I likely see people already there, or is there a trick to gettin an instance with people?
Sometimes there's nobody. And even when there's people, randoms tend to fail because they lack the coordination for trickier fights. Look out for this kind of post:

CoO, anyone? Trying to get the Eris artifcat done. PSN Crophonso or FRENDEN.

Tier 3 covered. Just need two tier ones. Anyone?

Baliis

Has anyone been able to get the dreadnaught bounty thing to work? I am stuck at melee killing 3 cursed thrall without dying and it never advance no matter how many i kill.

Also, is anyone up for the mini crota fight? I have the rune, just need some firepower!

Ill help you with it, just shoot me an invite

Shito

Only thralls on the dreadnaught work.
I just did this part like an hour ago, on the "enemy of my enemy" mission.
One cursed thrall spawns continuously at the very beginning of this mission, just melee it, and wait for the next one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I'm down, psn anoregon

Baliis

Only thralls on the dreadnaught work.
I just did this part like an hour ago, on the "enemy of my enemy" mission.
One cursed thrall spawns continuously at the very beginning of this mission, just melee it, and wait for the next one.

Weirdly, thralls in CoO don't work though. Can't do it on the Ogre boss.

And viper?

I had to call it. Rest of the team that still needed loot was fiending for the kill and it was getting past people's bedtimes. I'll try to help him again later but we need to hide him
on roaming patrol duty, running the platforms is way too much responsibility. I mean we wiped a run because he started wiping his eye during the platforms.
Not fair to waste everyone else's time.

Oryx is
so long and precise it's going to be hard to Sherpa very hard. There's only one truly optional player and even then the other 5 need strong DPS to stagger Doxology. People will still need to be reasonably geared to at least control Ogres even if they can't do much else.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Anybody up for Nightfall? I've got a 285 Titan with some void guns equipped.

PSN = dorssom

Let me know if you're interested in trying it with me!

rc213

Gaze jugglers must stand opposite one another so they have a clear view of his back while the other has his gaze. We start w one guy back left who draws his aggro so the other guy front right can hit his back for the gaze. The DPS team downs the orb then you rotate front right to back left to middle right to middle left to back right to front left.

The gaze guys need to keep their positions in front of the downed sack so that the DPS team has a clear view of his tummy. Just don't panic and down the venom blobs as they spawn, with primary or heavy or super, whatever. Guy without the gaze should start downing the next sack.

Yes, the relic is suspended over the last platform so just work closkwise back from that to see where to start. When walking in the room, if the relic is above the back left platform you would start front left --> front right --> back right --> back left. Hope that makes sense.

Yes it does, Went in blind earlier with a Gaf group and it was great. Ran out of time at the Sisters.

If anyone is the raid from there and you mind a blind noob. Msg me

PS I hate Crucible right now only because I need sword kills.

I'm down for some CoO. No mic and don't have any runes I don't think (besides maybe a couple reciprocal) but I'll jump in with anyone.

PSN = jen867530nine

Edit: If we can kill some tier 2 bosses it'll charge up my tier 3 rune. I need to kill 2 oryx Lts.

Top Bottom