• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ozone

Is a fresh raid happening soon? I'm a 292 Hunter and haven't done it before. If told what to do I can carry my weight.

ID: Ozone31

Bogeypop

still is normal GK.
thanks for the Black Spindle run, last night! :)

Anyone have a normal GK checkpoint then? Really need to restock my Heavy Ammo Synths after burning through half of them last night on multiple Driviks kills. Plus, I want to buy some Moldering Shards for extra Raid rewards tomorrow when my group does King's Fall.

Anyone have a normal GK checkpoint then? Really need to restock my Heavy Ammo Synths after burning through half of them last night on multiple Driviks kills. Plus I want to buy some Moldering Shards for extra Raid rewards tomorrow when my group does King's Fall.

Prepare for disappointment.

I'm sure I will be, but I still like testing things out myself. Just going to farm Exclusion Zone in the meantime while waiting to see if anyone has a GK checkpoint.

Oh yeah. I wasn't telling you not to do it. It's just an RNG thing. Worked for some in my group... Me? I only got the shitgun... I mean shotgun... Wait, either works.

coy

Yesterday we nearly beat Oryx, and then, this happened..........

We'll bring him down today though!!!!! Everyone was seriously upset when this happened but I was cracking up because of how absurd the death was :p
That happened to me a few times. I was told
touching the ship is a 1-hit kill
which I have not looked up for confirmation but it seemed factual.

Any suggestion on the best armsday order to pick up? I can only pick up one.

Currently my only legendaries are as follows:
Apple of Discord
Answering Chord
Tao Hua Yuan

Shito

Was this posted?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...nys-best-secret-and-absolute-worst-encounter/

While I agree with the obligatory "10 minutes mindless run before getting to the actual secret mission" part, I can't say I do when he's saying the boss encounters has no strategy whatsoever and just throws tons of shit at you. It does seem this way at first, but when you start to analyse it you can very well see the structure of it all, and countless of people did find by themselves the "balls > adds > boss" strategy.
Nailing this one down gave me the same rewarding feeling than finally beating a raid's phase.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone need to do the hunger pains quest? It's the Undying Mind strike for touch of malice quest line?

Welp...let's see here...

Some succeeded, and many, many failed. I’m in the latter camp, and I’ve had some time to reflect on the experience.
Interesting...But surely he won't be a biased little grump because he couldn't handle it. First...let's see what his claim is:

The Black Spindle Taken hunt is far and away the most poorly designed mission in Destiny. It’s not just punishing in its difficulty, but in its structure and mechanics as well.
All right. Bold claim.

Unfortunately, he does a piss poor job of backing it up. Most of his argument revolves around it being too hard, and hardly anything about structure and mechanics. As for the difficulty, I was light 277 last night, with a buddy who was 276, and someone from GAF who was 291. Very first try we won. Why? Because we put our heads together, used strategy, and prioritized targets. It was a hard fight, but not even close to the most difficult. If that's his main bash, I'd say it is probably because he was awake in bed all night sulking he don't got the skills.

This especially bugs me:
I had fun exactly once running this mission, when it was first discovered and I was experiencing it for the first time. I expected to fail, and I did, and I laughed it off. Then I failed again. And again. And again. It became the video game equivalent of hell. This is not the raid where your team wipes 20 times to try and figure out the mechanics before getting the hang of it and moving on. There’s nothing to “get” here, just a mission made artificially harder by dead time in between attempts, an arbitrary time limit and unavoidable hazards like blinding and burning.
Yes. There are mechanics. There is strategy. It was a breeze because we focused on the orbs spawning enemies, and made the boss number 2 target. Why would someone fail over and over and not think they maybe need to hit the mission another way? Instead of stamping feet and saying there isn't anything "to get"

so, i got a skyburners command beacon. what am i supposed to do with that?

When you spawn on the Dreadnaught, a broken Cabal ship is in front of you. Walk through the door and on the left is a console. Use the beacon to activate the console. A dropship will come with a Cabal Champion. Defeat the champion and receive Skyburners Deployment Codes.

skyburners command beacon spoiler follows:
When you spawn on the Dreadnaught, a broken Cabal ship is in front of you. Walk through the door and on the left is a console. Use the beacon to activate the console. A dropship will come with a Cabal Champion. Defeat the champion and receive Skyburners Deployment Codes.

oh nice! thanks! :)

Top Bottom