• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

Welp...let's see here...

Interesting...But surely he won't be a biased little grump because he couldn't handle it. First...let's see what his claim is:

All right. Bold claim.

Unfortunately, he does a piss poor job of backing it up. Most of his argument revolves around it being too hard, and hardly anything about structure and mechanics. As for the difficulty, I was light 277 last night, with a buddy who was 276, and someone from GAF who was 291. Very first try we won. Why? Because we put our heads together, used strategy, and prioritized targets. It was a hard fight, but not even close to the most difficult. If that's his main bash, I'd say it is probably because he was awake in bed all night sulking he don't got the skills.

This especially bugs me:
Yes. There are mechanics. There is strategy. It was a breeze because we focused on the orbs spawning enemies, and made the boss number 2 target. Why would someone fail over and over and not think they maybe need to hit the mission another way? Instead of stamping feet and saying there isn't anything "to get"
Yep, exactly.
And the more I think about the design of this mission, the more I like it.
The timer is just there as a lure to make you concentrate all of your efforts on the boss. But the fact is, the black balls spawn depending on the boss' HP, so the more you try to burn the boss quickly, the more adds and chaos you generate.
This is a really magnificent trap the writer fell into.
Instead of rushing you have to "take it slow" and methodically clear the balls and the adds progressively.
Love this mission.

Ozone

Looking to get a fresh raid going!

1. Ozone31
2. supremestarhawk
3. TKRunningRiot

Post your ID if you want in. Over 290 light would be appreciated.

I have almost an overwhelming amount of things to try to accomplish this weekend in Destiny relative to the amount of time I will have to play... but I'm trying to prioritize.

- Fresh raid, including the calcified fragments so I can get my Touch of Malice
- T3 ToO for the calcified fragment
- Three heroic strikes for marks so I can get some more year 2 exotics

so i just got my very first sword, Arc Edge. should i infuse stuff in it to make it stronger, or is there something else, beside an exotic sword, that makes that wasted infusion?

so i just got my very first sword, Arc Edge. should i infuse stuff in it to make it stronger, or is there something else, beside an exotic sword, that makes that wasted infusion?

Infuse away. You actually need to get the sword over... 280 light, I think? (plus purchase all the upgrade nodes) in order to trigger the quest to get the exotic sword.

Zoidberg

Welp...let's see here...

Interesting...But surely he won't be a biased little grump because he couldn't handle it. First...let's see what his claim is:

All right. Bold claim.

Unfortunately, he does a piss poor job of backing it up. Most of his argument revolves around it being too hard, and hardly anything about structure and mechanics. As for the difficulty, I was light 277 last night, with a buddy who was 276, and someone from GAF who was 291. Very first try we won. Why? Because we put our heads together, used strategy, and prioritized targets. It was a hard fight, but not even close to the most difficult. If that's his main bash, I'd say it is probably because he was awake in bed all night sulking he don't got the skills.

This especially bugs me:
Yes. There are mechanics. There is strategy. It was a breeze because we focused on the orbs spawning enemies, and made the boss number 2 target. Why would someone fail over and over and not think they maybe need to hit the mission another way? Instead of stamping feet and saying there isn't anything "to get"

I don't understand how anyone could complain about it.

It's hard because it rewards an exotic. If done correctly it's the fastest way to earn any exotic in the game. 15-20 minutes of work can yield a very powerful (infuser) weapon.

A lot of people (myself included) had trouble because of the hide in the doorway mindset that dominates destiny. The first time I attempted it that was the idea, hide in the door way and whittle the boss down and worry about the adds later. We failed. Doing it with Boogie yesterday was so much smoother because we just got in their shit, all 3 were in the room being hyper aggressive, prioritizing adds and balls, and as a result we ended up with over 2:30 on the clock.

Arrrammis

Getting the last charge on my atronach rune, anybody want in on the fight for a fragment? Or is just willing to help out to make things a bit easier?

PSN:Arrrammis

Ok, something was definitely super fucked in my instance before when I was farming relics for exotic sword quest. Over an hour only yielded me one early tonight. Now I have signed back in, 3 in 15 minutes. If you have collected over 10 relic irons and not seen a single relic, quit out of Destiny and reload. I wasted so much damn time trying to farm something that wasn't happening. PS - this quest is still a hot pile of farming garbage.

Got to 286 last night on my new Hunter. 2 more heroic strikes to complete the quest then I will do the NF. Hopefully break into 290 tonight ready to raid tomorrow.

Have done up to
Warpriest
with little issues but then we had DPS issues. Looking forward to getting through this with a GAF group and hopefully getting a piece of gear.

EDIT: Fkd that spoiler tag, sorry if anyone refreshed at the wrong time.

nbraun80

Ok, something was definitely super fucked in my instance before when I was farming relics for exotic sword quest. Over an hour only yielded me one early tonight. Now I have signed back in, 3 in 15 minutes. If you have collected over 10 relic irons and not seen a single relic, quit out of Destiny and reload. I wasted so much damn time trying to farm something that wasn't happening. PS - this quest is still a hot pile of farming garbage.

Lol totally agree, picking rock is prison work, not fun gameplay. Only at 1 myself after an hour last night. :/

BraXzy

What are NF rewards now?

Shit.

Edit: especially for this particular strike, take a titan for the warsat *rolls eyes*

Ah, you say that that, and I thought so too, but I ran it on my Titan before and got a Year 2 Thunderlord drop, plus a legendary engram from the boss :DD

Speaking of my Titan, I jumped on him for the first time since October 2014 today. Started at level 27, finished at max level.. Light lvl 294 :D

ERMint13

Just opened 3 chests on the Dreadnaught and nothing from any of them. Have they broken some of the chests that are in close proximity trying to stop people from spawn trapping them?

BraXzy

Really happy with the progress made on my Titan today. Light level started at something like 156, ended on 294.

Once you have one character high level with good weapons and ghost, it makes such a big impact on your light levelling for ALTs. I got mega lucky with ENGRAMS, couple blues turned into 290+ boots and chest after turning in not that many.

Main issue with ALTs at the minute is having to redo a bunch of quests that I'd rather not do twice.

Oh and I really dislike reputation not being account wide.

As someone who's only experience with the game was the Beta and strongly disliking it, do you guys think I'll enjoy the full game more and with The Taken King? Also, I don't play online with other people I know, I don't chat, and I just generally don't care for online interaction. I do play online shooters but that's just because actual players are smarter than AI and the online portions of games tend to be much more replayable. Do you guys think this game would have anything worthwhile for me?

the_id

Hi guys, just finished the main story for Destiny but now I want to do the Vault of Glass Raid.

How do I go about organising a raid with you guys?

Really happy with the progress made on my Titan today. Light level started at something like 156, ended on 294.

Once you have one character high level with good weapons and ghost, it makes such a big impact on your light levelling for ALTs. I got mega lucky with ENGRAMS, couple blues turned into 290+ boots and chest after turning in not that many.

Main issue with ALTs at the minute is having to redo a bunch of quests that I'd rather not do twice.

Oh and I really dislike reputation not being account wide.

How are you guys handling this(bold part), just abandoning all quests on alts or grinding through it?

MechDX

OK weird thing happened on the dreadnaught tonight. While heading toward the CoO I took the left path from the mausoleum. There is an area where there is sometimes a hive praying and when you kill him you get random hive and fallen show up and you can fight them.

Well tonight after fighting them the tower in the middle of the room, leaning as always, generated "a relic from another dimension" or something like that. You can grab the relic and it gives you a 1:30 timer to do something with it.

What is it and what do you do with it??

Top Bottom