• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

MechDX

OK weird thing happened on the dreadnaught tonight. While heading toward the CoO I took the left path from the mausoleum. There is an area where there is sometimes a hive praying and when you kill him you get random hive and fallen show up and you can fight them.

Well tonight after fighting them the tower in the middle of the room, leaning as always, generated "a relic from another dimension" or something like that. You can grab the relic and it gives you a 1:30 timer to do something with it.

What is it and what do you do with it??

Quoted for new page. Hate being on the bottom.

As someone who's only experience with the game was the Beta and strongly disliking it, do you guys think I'll enjoy the full game more and with The Taken King? Also, I don't play online with other people I know, I don't chat, and I just generally don't care for online interaction. I do play online shooters but that's just because actual players are smarter than AI and the online portions of games tend to be much more replayable. Do you guys think this game would have anything worthwhile for me?

Nope. This is a really social game. You're expected to communicate

OK weird thing happened on the dreadnaught tonight. While heading toward the CoO I took the left path from the mausoleum. There is an area where there is sometimes a hive praying and when you kill him you get random hive and fallen show up and you can fight them.

Well tonight after fighting them the tower in the middle of the room, leaning as always, generated "a relic from another dimension" or something like that. You can grab the relic and it gives you a 1:30 timer to do something with it.

Take it to the small tunnel with the floor that damages you and the chest that takes a while to open. It protects you from taking damage.

nbraun80

There's a chest in a hole in a wall near there that if you normally walk near you'll die from damage over time before you get the chest open, take the relic there and you can open it safely.

BraXzy

How are you guys handling this(bold part), just abandoning all quests on alts or grinding through it?

At the minute I'm just going to do ones I think are worth the time like the taken war quest line before I raid.. And obviously stuff like the sword quest line.

Other stuff I'm not that bothered about doing twice.

At the minute I'm just going to do ones I think are worth the time like the taken war quest line before I raid.. And obviously stuff like the sword quest line.

Other stuff I'm not that bothered about doing twice.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe just the sword line. Whats the end result of the taken war quest line again?

Wonder if the quest line for the weekly crucible is character based too..

Shito

As someone who's only experience with the game was the Beta and strongly disliking it, do you guys think I'll enjoy the full game more and with The Taken King? Also, I don't play online with other people I know, I don't chat, and I just generally don't care for online interaction. I do play online shooters but that's just because actual players are smarter than AI and the online portions of games tend to be much more replayable. Do you guys think this game would have anything worthwhile for me?
The beta was pretty much the beginning of the game as it is right now.
If you intend on playing it solo, the beta was an exact representation of what you will get in the game.
That being said, I had the same profile as you have, kind of a lone wolf in games, and Destiny pushed me to play with people I didn't know. And I loved it.

Shito

omfg that scent of a worm chest is so god damn hard. One hour down so far.
Did it a few hours earlier with two friends.
One sitting on the first platform, the other one on the third one. Make it so you only have to use your ghost twice, made it to the chest with 10 seconds to spare.

Was this posted?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...nys-best-secret-and-absolute-worst-encounter/

While I agree with the obligatory "10 minutes mindless run before getting to the actual secret mission" part, I can't say I do when he's saying the boss encounters has no strategy whatsoever and just throws tons of shit at you. It does seem this way at first, but when you start to analyse it you can very well see the structure of it all, and countless of people did find by themselves the "balls > adds > boss" strategy.
Nailing this one down gave me the same rewarding feeling than finally beating a raid's phase.
He needs some help from Bogey.

The beta was pretty much the beginning of the game as it is right now.
If you intend on playing it solo, the beta was an exact representation of what you will get in the game.
That being said, I had the same profile as you have, kind of a lone wolf in games, and Destiny pushed me to play with people I didn't know. And I loved it.

I don't think the Beta was an accurate representation of the game at all, because the real meat of the game doesn't start until you get to a pretty high level. People made fun of Bungie when they said "it's a completely different game after you hit level 20", but it's true. I'm guessing this guy didn't play a ton of the beta, so he's probably judging it based on a few bland story missions and pointless patrolling. It take a lot longer than that to feel what the game really is.

Deku Tree

Starting up the Regicide final story mission. Didn't do it yet and I need to unlock the raid etc.
Don't need help as a 295, but join if you want to do it. Room for two.
No mic.

Ps4 DekuBleep

Protip: Get a friend or two to stand on the invisible platforms to keep them visible. It makes the race to the chest that much easier.

Did it a few hours earlier with two friends.
One sitting on the first platform, the other one on the third one. Make it so you only have to use your ghost twice, made it to the chest with 10 seconds to spare.

go go gadget rocket wings! Did it solo my first attempt after posting. 5 seconds left. I'm never doing it again.

MIDA Multi Tool was how I got it.

Does that have the +2 agility? I equipped my Telesto with that for it.

I don't think the Beta was an accurate representation of the game at all, because the real meat of the game doesn't start until you get to a pretty high level. People made fun of Bungie when they said "it's a completely different game after you hit level 20", but it's true. I'm guessing this guy didn't play a ton of the beta, so he's probably judging it based on a few bland story missions and pointless patrolling. It take a lot longer than that to feel what the game really is.

No, I don't remember the specifics but I do remember that I did put a significant amount of time into it before it ended. I downloaded it the day it was available and probably played 2-5 hours each day until it ended. But I am definitely basing it off of the story missions and some pointless patrolling (which I stopped doing after having done it a couple times). I spent the rest of the beta doing the strike (?) and playing in the Crucible. I'm also basing my ideas about the game based on what others have said, I just wanted more opinions on the game and an idea of how much I would probably enjoy it with my personal preferences in mind before I made the decision.

But like others have said, I need to be a more social gamer to really enjoy it or to really take part in it. Apparently some non-social gamers have been able to adapt to it and have been more social and are able enjoy it so there's hope for me yet. I'll pick it up when there's a sale (likely during the holidays) so I won't be too bummed if I don't get into it around the time that it should start clicking.

shanafan

Stuck on turning in an old quest for the Speaker. It is a Light in the Dark (which I believe I have done) but there is no option to turn the quest in. I have even tired to abandon it, but still it keeps popping up.

Any ideas to fix this?

qYhfzDw.jpg

Dante316

I would love to do oryx tonight bUT rather wait till afternoon, I do have the checkpoint. I will ask tomorrow when I wake to do this. Hopefully veterans of this fight wanna help.

Shito

Stuck on turning in an old quest for the Speaker. It is a Light in the Dark (which I believe I have done) but there is no option to turn the quest in. I have even tired to abandon it, but still it keeps popping up.

Any ideas to fix this?
You probably need to leave an empty spot in your weapons slots. ^^

zewone

I just finished the turn in 50 Hadium Filaments, Wormspore, etc. part. How far is the Undying Mind after that?

It's the next step, but you need 30 calcified fragments to unlock the Undying Mind quest.

Speaking of which, I just picked up my Touch of Malice!

Ended up soloing Fear's Embrace portion.

Oryx went down finally. Thanks to all the group sprcially templar for having a lot of patience explaining everything to us noobs.

Got the rocket launcher, 302 chest and scout rifle. Plus a sublime engram. Chest again. 3/3 now lol

SheHateMe

Just played the two best Crucible games I've ever done.

Glad I got a good team for Zone Control; it's difficult to keep yelling that kills don't matter, protect the zones.

Finally did a slam dunk on Rift, too. Felt great, man.

Wallach

the titan really got shafted with it's class-specific exotic.

The gun, you mean? It does seem kind of wack, and it's also busted right now apparently. The class-specific legendary is also total dumpster tier compared to the Hunter & Warlock ones.

On the other hand some of our new exotics are pretty amazing, and with how many options are in the primary slot it's not too big of a deal.

No, I don't remember the specifics but I do remember that I did put a significant amount of time into it before it ended. I downloaded it the day it was available and probably played 2-5 hours each day until it ended. But I am definitely basing it off of the story missions and some pointless patrolling (which I stopped doing after having done it a couple times). I spent the rest of the beta doing the strike (?) and playing in the Crucible. I'm also basing my ideas about the game based on what others have said, I just wanted more opinions on the game and an idea of how much I would probably enjoy it with my personal preferences in mind before I made the decision.

But like others have said, I need to be a more social gamer to really enjoy it or to really take part in it. Apparently some non-social gamers have been able to adapt to it and have been more social and are able enjoy it so there's hope for me yet. I'll pick it up when there's a sale (likely during the holidays) so I won't be too bummed if I don't get into it around the time that it should start clicking.

you'll still need more playing time than that to experience all the game has to offer. it is a grind, for sure.

as for the solo stuff- i play this game almost completely solo. i use the lfg sites for nightfall and raiding, but even then, i'm not usually miced up. i'm not a social gamer at all, and i can't stand wearing a headset. i still have like 30 days put into this game, and it's probably my favorite game of all time. that doesn't mean you'll feel the same way, but it is definitely possible to have a great time playing solo.

Top Bottom