• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

The gun, you mean? It does seem kind of wack, and it's also busted right now apparently. The class-specific legendary is also total dumpster tier compared to the Hunter & Warlock ones.

On the other hand some of our new exotics are pretty amazing, and with how many options are in the primary slot it's not too big of a deal.

how is it busted?

Mupod

fuck I logged into my level nothing hunter that I spent like 2 hours in character creation on, and

Q4yMEil.jpg

dammit she was perfect in the character creator lighting

Baliis

Anyone have a raid checkpoint for the fragment
before the elevator near the start, or the two before and after the second boss?

Shito

Aren't the raid weapons just infusion fodder anyway?
I think I've heard good things about the machine gun, but otherwise it all seems pretty underwhelming...

Deku Tree

Anyone need one for Oryx?

Did it quickly earlier today on Titan.

Would like to get it done on my 300 warlock so I can get my touch of malice.

Wallach

Aren't the raid weapons just infusion fodder anyway?
I think I've heard good things about the machine gun, but otherwise it all seems pretty underwhelming...

I really like the raid sniper. Cocoon works really well with how you normally work with a sniper in PvE. I would like to see Cocoon move down to ~3 seconds rather than ~5 seconds, though. I'd like to try a full loadout with Cocoon since you should be able to cut reloading out of rotation entirely.

phen0m24

Deej leaving?

Twitter said: "It's been great"

I wish the best for him and his family, but he has been my least favorite community manager by far and I can't say I would miss em.

Hire me guys

I talk about Destiny in 3 different groups
I have 1000+ hours in game and the platinum
I can make Top Gun quotes in context
I can imitate Hank Hill and Arnold Schwarzenegger
I love the game, love to help people and love to be a peacemaker between people as necessary

I'll do you proud

nbraun80

Anyone get a ghost shell called kingslayers shell during the raid? In the screen where you level it up the picture of it will never load, didn't know if it was just mine or the ghost is bugged. Looks pretty cool when I pull it out to go to orbit though.

Baliis

Hire me guys

I talk about Destiny in 3 different groups
I have 1000+ hours in game and the platinum
I can make Top Gun quotes in context
I can imitate Hank Hill and Arnold Schwarzenegger
I love the game, love to help people and love to be a peacemaker between people as necessary

I'll do you proud

Are you completely terrible at the game?

It's the next step, but you need 30 calcified fragments to unlock the Undying Mind quest.

Speaking of which, I just picked up my Touch of Malice!

Ended up soloing Fear's Embrace portion.

I have 18 ;_;

Thanks for the info. I really want the exotic swords and Touch of Malice but holy moly they stuffed these quests full of insufferable grinding. I don't know how much more Filament Farming I can do, plus all the RNG planetary material farming for the swords..... ughhh...

Afrocious

I have 18 ;_;

Thanks for the info. I really want the exotic swords and Touch of Malice but holy moly they stuffed these quests full of insufferable grinding. I don't know how much more Filament Farming I can do, plus all the RNG planetary material farming for the swords..... ughhh...

lol you're still early in it.

I tried to make a charged argonach rune train but folks weren't interested.

I have 18 ;_;

I posted this earlier. Maybe it can be helpful to you.

I just got to the portion of the Exotic Sword quest where you have to collect planetary materials. This part is not nearly as tedious as people are making it out to be. Here's how to stream line it:

1. Have a ghost that detects the material you need.
2. Spawn on patrol, jump on your sparrow, ride around the perimeter.
3. As you ride around, you will see the nodes pop up on your hud. Collect them.
4. LEAVE THAT AREA. Just go to the next area. It takes too long for the nodes to respawn if you stay.
5. Repeat.

I did mars. I personally went between The Barrens, The Hollows, and The Buried City. I was getting a node every 30 seconds to a minute. Overall I think it might have taken me about 40 minutes.

Couldn't get the tier 2 combination I needed. Well, I'll charge my Agonarch Rune tomorrow and try to get a tier 3 done. Touch of Malice is so close.

Korosenai

Anyone on here want to do Golgoroth and further on xbox one? Not to be a dick, but i'm looking for someone who's already done it. We just want to get some stuff done fast, and need people who know what they're doing.

My memory kind of sucks, but does the shield brothers strike show up in the heroic strikes playlist? I played all day today and it never came up. What strikes are in there exactly? I felt like I played Vaalus, Undying Mind and annoying Warsat only over and over.
I think even Dust Palace is supposed to be in there, but that never came up for me either.

Also: has anyone gotten a calcified fragment from a tier 2 CoO this week? I looked it up and I don't have the one that drops from there and I played it about 5 times and it never dropped. Tier 3 dropped after 2 tries.

Zoidberg

I posted this earlier. Maybe it can be helpful to you.

Yeah I started off doing Anchor of Light circuits on the moon and it was slow going. Ended up checking all spots and moving on, doing a full circuit of the moon. Goes faster, but still a waste of 1-2 hours on a quest step that shouldn't exist.

BLCKATK

Azys_ here, Thanks to FRENDEN and Robertlebrone for joining me at Court of Oryx tonight. Was an absolute blast and some of the most fun I've had in Destiny yet!

Top Bottom