• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Luis_23

I was just thinking about this, how messed up/good would it be if for Xur day he sold the black spindle? Personally, I would be OK with this, since I was one of the guys that couldn't get it yesterday :/

DjRalford

I was just thinking about this, how messed up/good would it be if for Xur day he sold the black spindle? Personally, I would be OK with this, since I was one of the guys that couldn't get it yesterday :/

If they do that then there's absolutely no point in having the hidden content there

Namikaze1

Well, we at least made it to Oryx. Sorry that I had to leave. Got class in the morning and well I have to wake up in 6 hours.

Got the machine gun which I really like, the warlock bond, and boots so far.

LiK

Made it to Oryx. Not bad for a new group with two noobs. Will continue tomorrow cuz people are tired.

Also, Luke, that is major
platforming
hell.

Got the sweet ass 306 sniper rifle in the raid with boots.

Damnit I missed a calcified fragment after the
Ship jumping puzzle in the raid
guess I have to go on LFG.net and find a group at that area.

Well I have decided to take a break from DGAF for awhile. The past week has got me thinking about who I want to play with and have fun with this game. I didn't feel like that at all this past week but only with close personal friends. I guess the raid attempt just burnt me out and the Warlock hate is getting too strong on here. But that is my opinion and no it's not a personal thing about the Warlock hate, it's just getting REALLY annoying.

But yeah see you all around.

rc213

What the hell must did 15 level 1 CoO and 10 level 2 and got about 4 calcified fragments. But I got like 3 last week doing level 1,2,3.

Still have 2 stolen and 2 Antiquated which I didn't fully charge so I can move them to my Warlock for my 3rd sword quest. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll use them.

LiK

Well I have decided to take a break from DGAF for awhile. The past week has got me thinking about who I want to play with and have fun with this game. I didn't feel like that at all this past week but only with close personal friends. I guess the raid attempt just burnt me out and the Warlock hate is getting too strong on here. But that is my opinion and no it's not a personal thing about the Warlock hate, it's just getting REALLY annoying.

Don't leave us.

Whaaaa? Don't leave. I'm a Warlock. And Warlocks are obviously the best. I didn't realize there was Warlock hate out there.

If you're not good at crucible, you should stop playing it. I'm so sick and tired of awful teammates.

I'm trying to do a win in skirmish for the weekly crucible bounty for the past hour and still can't win. Every match I've been at the top of the leaderbaord, with over 1000 over the second guy on my team, and I always lose because of shitty teammatess

I'm starting to develop a stick up my ass like those guys on lfg during trials ugh

Rehsa

Damn man, if you need any help with anything let me know. Always a pleasure running with you.

If you're not good at crucible, you should stop playing it. I'm so sick and tired of awful teammates.

I'm trying to do a win in skirmish for the weekly crucible bounty for the past hour and still can't win. Every match I've been at the top of the leaderbaord, with over 1000 over the second guy on my team, and I always lose because of shitty teammatess

I'm starting to develop a stick up my ass like those guys on lfg during trials ugh
Everyone's running around with sword hilts

Dante316

I didn't even know there was warlock hate o.o, if there is, people are just joking and having fun. I always will love the warlock and my titan. My poor hunter is in a corner crying..with his bow and arrow! I will get to u too!

What's the status on Drizz, lnkn, Nami, Hudson, and T-44?

Well, we at least made it to Oryx. Sorry that I had to leave. Got class in the morning and well I have to wake up in 6 hours.

Got the machine gun which I really like, the warlock bond, and boots so far.

Thanks again Drizz for the very detailed sherpa. Also, ty for those that raided with us tonight, it was fun.

Made it to Oryx. Not bad for a new group with two noobs. Will continue tomorrow cuz people are tired.

Also, Luke, that is major
platforming
hell.

Got the sweet ass 306 sniper rifle in the raid with boots.

That was some run fellas, very fun indeed! Many laughs were had and we cruised really well all the way to
the Daughters
but I think sleep started to catch up w folks.
So... much... platforming... lol. Oryx
is a bit much to tackle at that point in the evening so hopefully we can finish it out tomorrow night.

That raid is no joke to finish in one evening with mostly Oryx-kill virgins. Hopefully I explained stuff reasonably well. Biggest challenge of sherpa'ing is communication since everyone thinks differently, what makes sense to me might be nonsense to someone else.

Brief raid musings
I still can't decide what to think about the Oryx encounter. Undoubtedly some greatness but also a lot of tedium once you really understand it. Repeating 4-6 nearly identical cycles gets awfully boring. The completion time doesn't scale with group skill; its challenge trades on precision + duration. It's SO rigidly structured, there's no room for adding personal variety.

Honestly the whole raid feels constricting like this. There's no open ended experimentation like Templar, no compelling individual mechanic like the VoG Relic. Just a kitchen sink of shallow mechanics piled on top of each other, best exemplified by the Hive ship casually strolling through the Oryx fight because hey! Remember the Hive ships!? VoG's mechanical vocabulary had clarity where KF occasionally feels cluttered. They knew when to combine mechanics and when to leave them out, culminating in Gate Keepers and Atheon.

I dunno. KF is great. I can't put my finger on it.

LiK

the way the raid is structured definitely requires at least 5-6 people (until people can figure out alt strategies). they def made it impossible to solo. i have to agree with what others have said about it. i also found it intensely less frustrating than the previous raids. didn't encounter any major bugs either.

That was some run fellas, very fun indeed! Many laughs were had and we cruised really well all the way to
the Daughters
but I think sleep started to catch up w folks.
So... much... platforming... lol. Oryx
is a bit much to tackle at that point in the evening so hopefully we can finish it out tomorrow night.

That raid is no joke to finish in one evening with mostly Oryx-kill virgins. Hopefully I explained stuff reasonably well. Biggest challenge of sherpa'ing is communication since everyone thinks differently, what makes sense to me might be nonsense to someone else.

Brief raid musings
I still can't decide what to think about the Oryx encounter. Undoubtedly some greatness but also a lot of tedium once you really understand it. Repeating 4-6 nearly identical cycles gets awfully boring. The completion time doesn't scale with group skill; its challenge trades on precision + duration. It's SO rigidly structured, there's no room for adding personal variety.

Honestly the whole raid feels constricting like this. There's no open ended experimentation like Templar, no compelling individual mechanic like the VoG Relic. Just a kitchen sink of shallow mechanics piled on top of each other, best exemplified by the Hive ship casually strolling through the Oryx fight because hey! Remember the Hive ships!? VoG's mechanical vocabulary had clarity where KF occasionally feels cluttered. They knew when to combine mechanics and when to leave them out, culminating in Gate Keepers and Atheon.

I dunno. KF is great. I can't put my finger on it.

super thanks for explaining things as usual. you're always a good teacher. hope we kill Oryx tomorrow.

i have to admit the beginning of the raid was the weakest part. very tedious. Crota's End still wins for best first section.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Don't think I've heard of this supposed Warlock hate aside from like one guy who said they were useless in King's Fall. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm going to need my friend Xur to go ahead and drop that Graviton Forfeit helmet tomorrow. Xur pls...

Strider

MAAAALIIIIIIICE. Finally got it done :D

Thanks for all your help finishing up TP.

I got the Oryx checkpoint and next time I set foot in the raid he gettin so rekt.

I have a feeling there is something after heroic. They seem to finally know what their doing with destiny

There are 5 total raid emblems at the kiosk, 4 remaining.
Pretty sure it's for Heroic, then the 3 Challenge Modes (Golgoroth Challenge etc) that were leaked previously. The emblems seem to match up to the bosses/challenges.

EL CUCO

Np, was fun. I didn't know it was your first time because you all knew what to do so well.

Have to admit, though, watching cuco do an ammo run instead of doing the relic part was hilarious. I was like, "where the hell is he going?!" Too funny :)
Haha thanks. Worst of all, I think it was primary ammo, which I had plenty of. That OCD got the best of me right there, that's for sure.

Can't wait for the Blind raid tomorrow. Stoked!

Tomorrow, hopefully I can get someone or more to win a couple matches of zone control. It's excruciating with blueberries.

Top Bottom