• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lupin23rd

Sat around the CoO a bit this evening and didn't really get much of the hot loot I've been hearing about, do you have to be the one to use the rune to get the good stuff, and therefore spend a lot more than a few matches to start getting the goods? Kind of confused at how it works.

Just got to rank 3 in gunsmith and need to find some scout rifles haha

Only if we get the cp, only have limited time :(

Didn't Drizz say something about the CP?

Maybe he has it.

Lol most confusing raid grouping ever :p And of course Wilde aka ZW who started the ball rolling has apparently fallen asleep or stopped checking the thread.

I have no CPs and need no loots but happy to help if people are still looking to do it. Apparently there were too many and now too few? I'll get online since this is too hard to figure out via OT, haha.

maomaoIYP

Lol most confusing raid grouping ever :p And of course Wilde aka ZW who started the ball rolling has apparently fallen asleep or stopped checking the thread.

I have no CPs and need no loots but happy to help if people are still looking to do it. Apparently there were too many and now too few? I'll get online since this is too hard to figure out via OT, haha.

There's no one but me and spaaaace, everyone wanted to start from a CP lol. I don't think we have enough people now, even if we count you in.

GlamFM

Banned

Yay. I'm ok with starting over as long as you are there and we can do it really fast. Invite me if it goes down.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just wrecked mini Crota about 5 times lol.
That fight is so good when you have people who know the fight

Sadly I'm mobile so I can't post my "when randoms rocket minicrota gif"
Watching randoms rocketing MiniCrota like
AQTPRTn.gif

That fight is so good when you have people who know the fight

Sadly I'm mobile so I can't post my "when randoms rocket minicrota gif"

Lol. Totally. One of the guys in my fireteam had to message this random to tell him to stop instantly nuking the swordbearer, after that it was smooth sailing.

ocean

Banned
Not gonna keep raiding until my sprint lock issue is fixed. Need yet another new controller. It keeps killing me and slowing teams down.

I'll just be getting Ghosts and Gunsmith bounties, and working on my Swords.

I really wish PvP wasn't such a mess right now with people who don't like it playing just for quests. It was great fun doing PvP every day but now I see people just dancing or idling or not playing to win at all just getting their quests :/ that and Hand Cannons not being viable has killed Crucible for me.

Marvel

could never
I totally had a small Destiny dream last night, can't remember the deets but something engram related fucking lol. Get to play today so I'm happy. Xur day too, excellent.

Raybunny

Not gonna keep raiding until my sprint lock issue is fixed. Need yet another new controller. It keeps killing me and slowing teams down.

I really wish PvP wasn't such a mess right now with people who don't like it playing just for quests. It was great fun doing PvP every day but now I see people just dancing or idling or not playing to win at all just getting their quests :/ that and Hand Cannons not being viable has killed Crucible for me.

I will work on 2 more malices and 2 more swords since I am locked out of the raid till next reset. ( And oh SMART LOOT RIGHT? lets give you something you need but 300 light cause of reasons. xD)

Good morning sexy beasts. How is it going?

Looking back to yesterday's day. Drizz and Ocean were you able to finish the raid with the group of young Padanwans?

bitsurugi

Quests are fine and they WOULD be ok, if they weren't the gatekeeper for the weekly bounties in Crucible.

Whoever gated that beyond the Quests should be fired, like, right now, as he made a super DULL quest line, which you have to do THREE times, once per character. WHY? WHY?!?!

I feel the pain of doing that quest chain solo. I did it myself and eventhough i enjoy crucible and am way better then the average Joe in crucible, with an average 2.0 K/D... didn't have fun AT ALL, doing that. It was boring, tedious and all that was going on my mind was to end it ASAP... but that damn thing never ends... it's ... bad.

If i had to do weekly bounties tho.. i could't work on bounties and the quest.. or i would just play normally and finish the quest eventually.But now, people will just rush all the chain, asap, just to get the weeklies.

It's a bad design move imo.

ocean

Banned
Good morning sexy beasts. How is it going?

Looking back to yesterday's day. Drizz and Ocean you were able to finish the raid with the group of young Padanwans?
Yeah we got it done. It was messy as hell though. My controller would not let me sprint for more than 2 seconds so I'd basically die every single time we had to keep running.

It was great fun! But I felt like a liability to the team more than anything.

You up for some Ghost hunting today?

Trace

Banned
If he does happen to carry a primary engram, I do hope I don't get more supercells x.x I want something that isn't a monte carlo or supercell dammit. Already had two of each.

Two of each? I've had 4 Monte Carlos and 3 Suros. I WANT A DAMN SUPERCELL.

Raybunny

Yeah we got it done. It was messy as hell though. My controller would not let me sprint for more than 2 seconds so I'd basically die every single time we had to keep running.

It was great fun! But I felt like a liability to the team more than anything.

You up for some Ghost hunting today?

Yes ofc. I am game for everything. I will do the Hunter today. 1 hour should be enough to get 35+ fragments.

With that coin farm I got 4 of those 1 310 even. And yesterday one from NF.... I'd want a BJJ 2.0 though. RNG. I am sure you will get it soon.

Wallach

I hope he has Dustmarchers for Titan. I don't think Twilight Garrison is a random drop, but that would be cool as well.

As for the random item, I wouldn't mind Telesto or Thunderlord instead of an exotic engram.

Seil

I didn't have enough coins to get my hands on 7 primary exotics haha. I didn't really want a supercell in the first place =( or an AR in general >.< I like it in the end, but I really prefer other primaries x.x

At least I like my Telesto, though I got two of those too lmao...

Trace

Banned
I didn't have enough coins to get my hands on 7 primary exotics haha. I didn't really want a supercell in the first place =( or an AR in general >.< I like it in the end, but I really prefer other primaries x.x

At least I like my Telesto, though I got two of those too lmao...

My current dupe list is 4 Hereafter, 4 Monte Carlo, 3 Suros, 2 Hawkmoon, 2 Telesto, 2 Invective. Still have not gotten a Jade Rabbit/Supercell or most of the new armor.

Seil

I hope he has Dustmarchers for Titan. I don't think Twilight Garrison is a random drop, but that would be cool as well.

As for the random item, I wouldn't mind Telesto or Thunderlord instead of an exotic engram.

Isn't it guaranteed to be an engram? Pretty sure we get 1 legacy engram, 3 class specific items and 1 year 2 engram now, right?

ocean

Banned
Yes ofc. I am game for everything. I will do the Hunter today. 1 hour should be enough to get 35+ fragments.

With that coin farm I got 4 of those 1 310 even. And yesterday one from NF.... I'd want a BJJ 2.0 though. RNG. I am sure you will get it soon.
Oh I meant Ghosts ghosts not the fragments :p let's go get some useless Grimoire!

I only need 3 in the intro Phobos mission, 3 in Devil's Spire, 1 in the Saber strike bunker, 1 in Echo Chamber. The remaining 4 haven't been found yet.

After that I'll gladly join your insane quest for 3 Malice. You know this is crazy right?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can someone clarify the differences between Vanguard Strikes and Vanguard Heroic Strikes?

Outside of difficulty, legendary marks, and fresh troops of course. I'm still not understanding the reward distinction.

Raybunny

Oh I meant Ghosts ghosts not the fragments :p let's go get some useless Grimoire!

I only need 3 in the intro Phobos mission, 3 in Devil's Spire, 1 in the Saber strike bunker, 1 in Echo Chamber. The remaining 4 haven't been found yet.

After that I'll gladly join your insane quest for 3 Malice. You know this is crazy right?

Crazy? No this is not crazy. 3 malices and 3 swords HYPU! Regarding the ghosts. OH the ghosts. Yes I need some also.

Wallach

Isn't it guaranteed to be an engram? Pretty sure we get 1 legacy engram, 3 class specific items and 1 year 2 engram now, right?

According to the 9/17 news update, Xur will either sell an exotic Y2 engram for a random slot, or a specific exotic Y2 weapon.

Seil

My current dupe list is 4 Hereafter, 4 Monte Carlo, 3 Suros, 2 Hawkmoon, 2 Telesto, 2 Invective. Still have not gotten a Jade Rabbit/Supercell or most of the new armor.

Damn lol. I only had enough coins to get like 7-9 engrams last weekend. I'd really like a Jade Rabbit. Though I really like my Telesto, so I'd probably end up just using it anyway...

According to the 9/17 news update, Xur will either sell an exotic Y2 engram for a random slot, or a specific exotic Y2 weapon.

Ah, neat.

nOoblet16

Meh I'm probably one of those guys who'll only bother doing the quests once on only one character and not even think about it on others. Except maybe the exotic sword quest since they have different abilities.

I have no intention of doing the touch of malice quest on more than one character.

ocean

Banned
Meh I'm probably one of those guys who'll only bother doing the quests once on only one character and not even think about it on others. Except maybe the exotic sword quest since they have different abilities.

I have no intention of doing the touch of malice quest on more than one character.
So you mean you *dont* wanna get 160 more Hadium Flakes for that?

I would have considered it if they remained classified. Now that I can swap via app? Lol nah

bitsurugi

So you mean you *dont* wanna get 160 more Hadium Flakes for that?

I would have considered it if they remained classified. Now that I can swap via app? Lol nah

OMG!

You can finally swap that!

Oh sweet jesus, that's the best news i have gotten this week! How did i miss that? Was the hotfix doing that?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone clarify the differences between Vanguard Strikes and Vanguard Heroic Strikes?

Outside of difficulty, legendary marks, and fresh troops of course. I'm still not understanding the reward distinction.
As far as I can tell more engrams should drop in heroic just because there's more majors around. There doesn't actually seem to be a difference in mission rewards between the two though. However at the moment because so many people are dropping or not completing heroic strikes they aren't really worthwhile. You're better off competing strikes in the lower playlist than failing them in the higher one, especially because the difference in rewards isn't really there right now.

grimmiq

REALLY not liking the 25 crucible kills for the sword quest..everyone has shotguns and unless they're half dead, they turn and kill me before I get the 2nd swing in..If I manage to get heavy ammo, I turn a corner and get hit by a rocket.

Was told to hide behind corners and use the third person advantage to see when people are coming..which works, but all they have to do is sprint for 2seconds, turn and shotgun me because of the 1st swing's recovery.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
REALLY not liking the 25 crucible kills for the sword quest..everyone has shotguns and unless they're half dead, they turn and kill me before I get the 2nd swing in..If I manage to get heavy ammo, I turn a corner and get hit by a rocket.

Was told to hide behind corners and use the third person advantage to see when people are coming..which works, but all they have to do is sprint for 2seconds, turn and shotgun me because of the 1st swing's recovery.

block

Top Bottom