• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I love Hawkmoon, but I only ever use it in PvP so there's no rush to get an upgraded year 2. I'll just wait until Xur brings it back another time or just buy it with Marks.

I messed up and didn't get a warlock bond from Eris Moran on the lap of honor at the start of the taken king. Whats the best way to get a 280 warlock bond? It's the only weapon or armour that is in the 260s.

I'll ask also here:

Bought titan gauntlets, hawkmoon and few three of coins. Hope I get lucky in strikes.

So if a boss doesn't drop anything, do I have to consume another or is still active if nothing drops ?

Eldon

Maybe a dumb question, but if I for example buy Y2 Ruin Wings, will it unlock the Y1 version as well in the exotic collections?

Not at all, will still say requires discovery

I'll ask also here:

Bought titan gauntlets, hawkmoon and few three of coins. Hope I get lucky in strikes.

So if a boss doesn't drop anything, do I have to consume another or is still active if nothing drops ?

Consume another which when you arrive at the next boss will have increased chance

Acidote

I'll ask also here:

You will have to consume another. And you will have a greater chance on the next boss.

You will have a buff while it is active.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Checked Xur's inventory, Glad to see that he's selling Hawkmoon for those that want it :)

Would you say the Hunter gauntlets are worth buying DGAF?

Trickster

Anyone wanna do NF? I need to do it on my hunter.

Also, do 3oC scale in effeciency if I use them on different characters? So if I use 1 on my titan, and then one on my hunter, will the one I use on the hunter have a higher chance to drop an exotic?

Frenden

Banned
I'm primarily a Scout Rifle user normally, but is Hawkmoon worth the buy nowadays?

Nyj9cWz.jpg

Hawkmoon is still alright. It's not amazing any more, but it's a competent gun. Which is more than you can say for many hand cannons.

I used to play on xbox and was always jealous of people with hawkmoon because I think the gun looks amazing. Is it still good to use? Seems like people are indifferent to it these days.

Meh I'll buy it anyway. Always wanted it and strange coins are handed out like crazy now anyway.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
My year 1 Engram just decrypted in Hawkmoon.... Which is on sale.... Which I already have fully levelled in my inventory. This is because I said Xur brings sadness and RNG isn't it? >sigh<

Defuser

Is Hawkmoon really that good...?

Before the patch 1.1.2 it was godly in the crucible, use to have hammer forged and send it therefore max range and the ability to 2 shot headshot people and the rare 3 bullets proc in one shot resulting OHKO.

Patch 1.1.2 nerfed to it to be beastly with the send it perk replaced with something else and range to HC got nerfed but still Hawkmoon hits hard and minor problem with range but it got overshadowed by Thorn and TLW.

Patch 2.0 nerfed it to be decent now. HC got nerfed even further with the range and you can actually noticed the damage dropoff from a distance meaning you can't long range shoot easily now and tbungie remove the 3 bullet proc meaning you can't OHKO anymore and they nerf Luck in the chamber to deal less damage. But you can still 2 shot people.

lupin23rd

My year 1 Engram just decrypted in Hawkmoon.... Which is on sale.... Which I already have fully levelled in my inventory. This is because I said Xur brings sadness and RNG isn't it? >sigh<

Haha yeah mine did too, right after I bought the new one off him! The only primary weapons I didn't have from year 1 were Mythoclast and Necrochasm, guess it won't ever be one of those? lol

Top Bottom