• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Acidote

Out of 15 kills I have so far, 12 have been without ammo. No blocking there.

On the other hand, I thought it was gonna be worse. I should have it in two more games. Quite easy on that rift map where the spark starts in the middle of a bridge. Just wait down and jump up the bridge for them.

nOoblet16

REALLY not liking the 25 crucible kills for the sword quest..everyone has shotguns and unless they're half dead, they turn and kill me before I get the 2nd swing in..If I manage to get heavy ammo, I turn a corner and get hit by a rocket.

Was told to hide behind corners and use the third person advantage to see when people are coming..which works, but all they have to do is sprint for 2seconds, turn and shotgun me because of the 1st swing's recovery.
1) Block

2) Wait for a minute after heavy round for all the rockets explosions to die down. This is how you use machine guns because otherwise they don't stand a chance against Rocket launchers but at the same time they last a long time if you manage to stay alive.

3) Don't use sword without heavy ammo.

Rainmaker

Banned
The sword quest in crucible was way easier than I expected with the blocking mechanic but the next step almost made me hang it up for a good long time.

ocean

Banned
1) Block

2) Wait for a minute after heavy round for all the rockets explosions to die down. This is how you use machine guns because otherwise they don't stand a chance against Rocket launchers but at the same time they last a long time if you manage to stay alive.

There's enough bad players lately just trying to do a quest that ammo-less sword kills aren't too hard. I got my 25 in like 3 Rumble games and probably 20 were without ammo. I actually won 2 of those games too, I got some hate mail for the sword spam :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There's enough bad players lately just trying to do a quest that ammo-less sword kills aren't too hard. I got my 25 in like 3 Rumble games and probably 20 were without ammo. I actually won 2 of those games too, I got some hate mail for the sword spam :p

I finally saw one of those rumble games you were talking about too. 3 guys circled up killing each other with hilts reminded me of MW2

Jinjo

Legacy playlist is beautiful for these kind of quests.

I still hope that someday we'll be able to wear full Shaxx armor on our Titans. The current NM-armor just isn't the same. I want a full fur collar like Shaxx. Also, horns on my helmet.

SkylineRKR

Legacy playlist is beautiful for these kind of quests.

I still hope that someday we'll be able to wear full Shaxx armor on our Titans. The current NM-armor just isn't the same. I want a full fur collar like Shaxx. Also, horns on my helmet.

Legacy is what I'm going to do.

I was shocked at how terrible the players in classic were. I got the Holliday quest within the span of 2 matches there.

RemiLP

I really wish PvP wasn't such a mess right now with people who don't like it playing just for quests. It was great fun doing PvP every day but now I see people just dancing or idling or not playing to win at all just getting their quests

That has always been my biggest issue with pvp in destiny.

I find that i lack the motivation to really care if i win or lose in pvp. I mean, whats the difference between winning and losing in a public pvp match with randoms?

I would love if they added a skill based ranked playlist with mm like they had with halo. Its SO much more fun playing pvp if you have some motivation for winning.

Add custom private servers aswell, and im sure destiny could draw big crowds to watch top clan matches.

ocean

Banned
So after getting Touch of Malice, Chaperone, Black Spindle, and contemplating whether to do the Exotic swords...

I think every single Exotic should be behind a challenge like these. Remember what they said about wanting every Exotic to tell a story. Well I don't know about you but "I opened Gorgon chest for the 200th time and there it was!!!" Or "it only took me 14 Exotic Engrams!!" don't seem like thrilling stories to me.

Make some easy, like the Gunsmith ones, other time-intensive but not hard, like the Sword, some difficult but not time-intensive, like Black Spindle, and some which require both time and skill like Chaperone and Touch of Malice. There's something for everyone.

I hate that I don't control when I'll get a Zhalos or Hereafter. And whenever I do, it won't be something I will feel I achieved, just something that happened. I'm not being rewarded for effort, I'm getting lucky. And depending on luck is a crappy way to get what you want, whether it's real life or a video game.

TTK feels like a great step in the right direction. Maybe a test of individual skill where you can't be carried would also be a cool concept. I very likely would fail, being average at the game, and miss that Exotic but it would a goal or target. Something I know how to obtain.

SkylineRKR

So after getting Touch of Malice, Chaperone, Black Spindle, and contemplating whether to do the Exotic swords...

I think every single Exotic should be behind a challenge like these. Remember what they said about wanting every Exotic to tell a story. Well I don't know about you but "I opened Gorgon chest for the 200th time and there it was!!!" Or "it only took me 14 Exotic Engrams!!" don't seem like thrilling stories to me.

Make some easy, like the Gunsmith ones, other time-intensive but not hard, like the Sword, some difficult but not time-intensive, like Black Spindle, and some which require both time and skill like Chaperone and Touch of Malice. There's something for everyone.

I hate that I don't control when I'll get a Zhalos or Hereafter. And whenever I do, it won't be something I will feel I achieved, just something that happened. I'm not being rewarded for effort, I'm getting lucky. And depending on luck is a crappy way to get what you want, whether it's real life or a video game.

TTK feels like a great step in the right direction. Maybe a test of individual skill where you can't be carried would also be a cool concept. I very likely would fail, being average at the game, and miss that Exotic but it would a goal or target. Something I know how to obtain.

Yeah, leave RNG for legendary weapons and gear. In 1.0 I was probably proudest of Vex (got it pre-nerf) and Thorn. They required work, like getting rekt by Atheon for 3 hours straight. Vex was RNG sure, but locked to Atheon.

Jinjo

I think they touched a great balance between engram exotics and quest exotics. You don't want to get rid of engram/dropped exotics otherwise you'll never experience that "lucky-drop" feeling anymore. And there's no point in running Nightfalls or strikes anymore. Plus they greatly upped the chances for getting an exotic with the 3oC's.

Maybe some quest-specific exotic armor might be a nice addition. It's only weapons so far. Although we still haven't seen several armor pieces in the wild yet.

Seil

... I was doing poorly. Then I pulled out my sword hilt and got 8 kills... Why did I do better being completely stupid and just running into people with a hilt than with a gun....

I gotta get better lmao. Even with a shotgun I normally wouldn't have managed that many effortless kills, somebody would've shut me down too fast.

Acidote

Speaking of the Chaperone: I need to do the brothers strike when I get home, I'll ask around then in the thread for others like me or willing to help. Invective 300 will surely help.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Evening DGAF!
What do we think xur's going to sell tonight/today?

personally I'm hoping he sells the Telesto since I've heard some good things about it and the perk it carries sounds rather unique.

Seil

Evening DGAF!

personally I'm hoping he sells the Telesto since I've heard some good things about it and the perk it carries sounds rather unique.

I'm in a bad position because I'm hoping he DOESN'T sell Supercell of Telesto, because I've had two of each already lol.

I really enjoy the Telesto, though.

grimmiq

1) Block

I'm slowly learning the maps, managed to sneak around groups and come in from behind, picked up 6 kills that last game without ammo. Doing this on Rift as their attention is usually on the runner and I can hopefully avoid being spammed with messages going 4-18.

Blocking helped a lot too, for some reason I thought it only worked when you actually had a blade/ammo.

Will hide for a min after heavy drops next time, cheers for the advice.

Evening DGAF!

I'll be really sad if he sells the Telesto. I just got it tonight from the nightfall. It'd break my heart to know the best drop I've ever gotten was invalidated less than 7 hours later.

ocean

Banned
Reminder:

READ THE ENGRAM BEFORE BUYING

If it says "Legacy", it's a year 1 Exotic for collector's purposes. It will cap at 170.

There were way too many "wtf it gave me a year 1, fuck this game / Xur / Bungie / luke smith's neighbors"

Acidote

I'm in a bad position because I'm hoping he DOESN'T sell Supercell of Telesto, because I've had two of each already lol.

I really enjoy the Telesto, though.

Anything that is not Telesto, Hereafter or any Year 2 version of weapons would be fine for me.

coy

I haven't stayed up for Destiny this late since my daughter was born (2 weeks before HoW). Joined BMO=GOAT on here with his buddies. It was quite the night. But in that time, I learned a few things in the raid and tried different tactics plus was able to get 2 more fragments. This won't be a regular thing, but it felt good to be able to game like that again. Gonna wait to see what Xur has then try to wake up for work in 4 hours.

Xur didn't sell a weapon last week did he?

Wouldn't mind year 2 Saint 14, didn't get one from many helmet engrams last week and don't want to waste marks on it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A mix of RNG + Quests is the best way to go IMO. I like a little randomness in my Destiny. I also like these hard quest chains that give you an exotic weapon. I really felt like I earned my Touch of Malice and Spindle.

Btw what does Xur have?

SkylineRKR

Hawkmoon was to be expect, along with 4th or MC. They probably didn't want Xbox players in the cold for too long.

Hawkmoon is still great. Got Y2 last week.

Jinjo

Wait. It is not selling a year 2 engram. Boooooo.

Yeah, it's a weapon or armor engram. Never both at the same time. Ruin Wings, nice, will save me 125 marks for those. Light Beyond Nemesis is also great for Locks. Got Sealed Ahamkara Grasps last week and they're tons of fun for Hunter. Especially with Monte Carlo! Solid Xur week.

Acidote

A mix of RNG + Quests is the best way to go IMO. I like a little randomness in my Destiny. I also like these hard quest chains that give you an exotic weapon. I really felt like I earned my Touch of Malice and Spindle.

Btw what does Xur have?

Year 1 primary engram
Ruin Wings
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps
Light Beyond Nemesis
Hawkmoon

MrS

Banned
Yeah, it's a weapon or armor engram. Never both at the same time. Ruin Wings, nice, will save me 125 marks for those. Light Beyond Nemesis is also great for Locks. Got Sealed Ahamkara Grasps last week and they're tons of fun for Hunter. Especially with Monte Carlo! Solid Xur week.
What light level are you at now Jinjo?

Top Bottom