• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Haha yeah mine did too, right after I bought the new one off him! The only primary weapons I didn't have from year 1 were Mythoclast and Necrochasm, guess it won't ever be one of those? lol
Yeah I think it'll never be those two. I've got quite a few year ones I'm missing though so it's pretty annoying. I think the legacy Engram doesn't make sense at that price. I'll probably just skip it from now on and hope my missing year ones show up from 3 of Coins.

Phear

Will get a Hawkmoon for Collectors sake.

Why is everything 280? I need stuff to infuse goddamnit.

Edit: Hunter Gloves are kind of nice. Maybe i'll get them too, 3 Throwing Knives should be fun.

we don't know yet and yes.

Just used one on the boss in the daily. Immediately dropped an engram when dying.

They still work, you just can't use them all in a row anymore. Play Strikes instead of farming Draksis.

How exactly do you spend legendary marks on a hawkmoon?

If you have the Year 1 model, you can buy the Year 2 version from the Kiosk for 150 marks.

Otherwise Xur is your best bet right now.

Siaynoqq

Now, not everyone at once... :p

I remember when I used to know stuff about this game :(

I think I prefer destiny to this whole having a demanding career thing.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey guys, I have a group of 5 people in the Raid now and need a 6th, preferably someone who's finished the Raid before (since I don't know the mechanics past Golgoroth.)

Anyone able to help a group out?

Edit: Saved by Ikkarus.

Klyka

Banned
Am I right in thinking 3oC got more expensive, and the legacy engram got cheaper?

Don't know about legacy, it was 31 coins last week but the 3oC is the same price, 7 coins for 5 stacks.

All they did was nerf it's usefulness when using it in a short time. you need more time between uses, aka run strikes.

Trying to get matched with randoms for taken champion kills is a nightmare. Same with coo but thankfully I've finished that quest so not a concern right now.

MrS

Banned
Don't know about legacy, it was 31 coins last week but the 3oC is the same price, 7 coins for 5 stacks.

All they did was nerf it's usefulness when using it in a short time. you need more time between uses, aka run strikes.
How are you supposed to use ToC? Pop 1 or 3 before killing the Ultra?

Yeah I'm not gonna waste coins or marks on Y2 Hawkmoon after how badly it got nerfed in patches. It is still my go to weapon in PVP, but then you're fine with Y1 version until IB starts.

Jinjo

Yeah I'm not gonna waste coins or marks on Y2 Hawkmoon after how badly it got nerfed in patches. It is still my go to weapon in PVP, but then you're fine with Y1 version until IB starts.

It's still pretty good in PvE dude. Wrecks majors like it's nobody's business. You just won't be sniping/headshotting in scout rifle-distances anymore. And even then you can still kill on those distances.

bs6sGJo.jpg

Thanks Bungie!

Also got a 310 Empyrian Bellicose from my Exotic Engram. Of all the fucking helmets... :lol Used it to infuse my Legendary helmet up to 307. Kinda wish I'd thought about that before I sharded the 290 I had with Infusion, but oh well. Never gonna wear it anyway.

lt519

So three throwing knives for hunters possible? Throwing knives refill primary magazine could amazing especially with juggler

BokehKing

Banned
It's cool, don't let the Xbox side know the struggle of waiting almost a year for hawkmoon to drop.... Duh.... Wait nm, I guess they did

But still

ocean

Banned
From one of the most sought after jewels
To a meh ok

Hand Cannon accuracy nerf is probably the single worst move since the game launched.

breakfuss

Bought the hawkmoon...why the hell not. Didn't have any Y2 exotics. I used to love this thing...but you guys make it seem like it's no longer the beast it once was :(

do you guys think you get better engram drops doing heroic strikes than the lesser one? once i claimed all my marks for the week on heroic i would drop down to the easier one and rack up engrams. which has done me well since the start. but now my character hit 293 and it seems like i'm getting shit for engrams, no legendaries at all for marathoning the playlist. and a couple boss kills didn't have any engrams pop out at all. not to mention the ones i pick up that are already items have really low defence. i was reading an article just the other day that polygon did and they said there wasn't any evidence that the heroic playlist gave any better drops but i really don't know. should i start doing heroic for engrams or did i just have an unlucky night?

Gordon

Have 150 marks but no idea what to buy. Could get suros or tlw, or maybe try my luck on a weapon engram.
The rocket launcher from FWC has half-decent blast radius and velocity, and grenades and horseshoes. Only holds 4/5 rockets but probably the best stats I've seen on a Y2 rocket.

Will get a Hawkmoon for Collectors sake.

Why is everything 280? I need stuff to infuse goddamnit.

Edit: Hunter Gloves are kind of nice. Maybe i'll get them too, 3 Throwing Knives should be fun.
I got those gloves last week from 3oC - they don't seem to give me 3 knives, although 2 smoke bombs is pretty nice. I haven't bothered trying them on with BD yet but I'm thinking they could really buff the invis time with the second blink strike.

It's still pretty good in PvE dude. Wrecks majors like it's nobody's business. You just won't be sniping/headshotting in scout rifle-distances anymore. And even then you can still kill on those distances.

I don't know, even pre-nerf Hawkmoon wasn't that hot in PVE compared to something like Fatebringer. And now that you have several choices of FB-like Y2 legendaries, no point wasting your exotic slot for it. I still love it more than any other HC, but its not the beast it once was.

Phear

I got those gloves last week from 3oC - they don't seem to give me 3 knives, although 2 smoke bombs is pretty nice. I haven't bothered trying them on with BD yet but I'm thinking they could really buff the invis time with the second blink strike.

Ah damn. 13 Coins saved, thanks.

I want to infuse my Bad Juju. It's at 295, but i cant seem to get any primaries with better stats. What would be my best shot?

Ah damn. 13 Coins saved, thanks.

I want to infuse my Bad Juju. It's at 295, but i cant seem to get any primaries with better stats. What would be my best shot?

The raid, or getting to 300 and then decoding exotic engrams so they turn into 310 weapons. I havent had a blue decrypt into anything higher than 295 on primaries.

Will the year one engram drop PoE weapons? I think I remember them saying it would.

Still need:

Hard Light
Necrochasm (won't drop from engram)
Queen's Bow
Universal Remote

Tovarisc

Is the 3oC still worth buying? Was it nerfed?

If you run strikes and/or raids while using 3oC they are worth it, yes. If you expect to farm e.g. Gatelord then they are waste of your time and investment. Nerf made it so that coin is unchanged when used rarely (e.g. time between strike bosses), but are worse when used often (e.g. Gatelord).

Top Bottom