• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Why you gotta sell hawkmoon xur. Weekend crucible will be in turmoil. I wish this weapon was never brought over to xbox after seeing it the first few days we could get it.

Got some decent rares from Court of Oryx. A 295 ghost and 295 auto rifle. Also a 298 rocket launcher. I'll infuse that with something that is not a RL. Plus finally got a random engram to decrypt into an exotic. It just gave me a hunter helm I already had though.

I'm going to cry if this game doesn't start giving me legendary primaries. I've gotten 2. One sucks and the other is a hand cannon but oh yeah those suck now as well. Want some ARs/Scout/Pulse.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do engram drops set to the class your playing as when they drop or when you hand them in to the Cryptarch? Want to up my Warlock now so thought I'd just blaze through Strikes on my Titan instead.

nOoblet16

I think I won't buy anything this week since I already own the year 1 version of these and can use marks to buy the rest when required.

NeoRausch

For people wondering:

7dsk7.jpg

i got the year two hawkmoon from a legendary engram and had been using it this last week. even with the full stats it's not that impressive. which is a shame because i never got a hawkmoon year one and now with whatever nerfs were made i won't know exactly what was different. also i'm just a scout rifle kinda guy at heart.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
We just made it to the
Daughters
but some folks need to go and I probably need to take a little break as well. If people are still looking for raids a bit later I might be able to hop back online.

Congrats on getting past the
Ogre boss
wouldn't mind joining you for a raid tomorrow at some point, since it's getting a bit late over here. ^^

Phear

The raid, or getting to 300 and then decoding exotic engrams so they turn into 310 weapons. I havent had a blue decrypt into anything higher than 295 on primaries.

Yeah, im stuck at 294 and never got past
Golgoroth
in the Raid.

Guess i'll need 5 more people this evening :)

Anyone here need to do the champion kills? Maybe for an alt or somerhing. Will be looking for help in about 1.5 hours.

I need to do earth(all 3 locations), venus(any two), mars(any two) and I'm not sure if more come after that. LFG is coming up empty, trying to get matched with randoms whilst already in patrol isn't working and I can't solo it. No idea how a late comer is meant to get this stuff done unless has friends that will help just for the sake of helping.

End of the daily is timed. Interesting.

Charged through the whole thing with 14 kills :d

Edit started my Titan last night and once I hit I 40 transferred all my guns/ghost etc and she's 270 with a load of stuff to infuse already, so hopefully by next reset I'll have 3x300+

Well, I spent a total of 9 hours today on the raid but only getting to the daughters. Both my groups started and stopped at the same place :(

Hopefully I can find a raid group tomorrow after work but it'll be quite late.

GlamFM

Banned
Well, I spent a total of 9 hours today on the raid but only getting to the daughters. Both my groups started and stopped at the same place :(

Sorry man. Had to go to work :/

deafmedal

i used to like Hawkmoon, I'd even like to engrave my 92FS Vertec Inox with feathers so I can play IRL make believe, but I think I'll save my coins. Actually, that's a lie since I'll be buying more 3oCs :p

Alright, I'm gonna spam this shit all day for exposure...
Need 2 guardians for a blind raid attempt this evening at 7:30 CST! PM if interested as I actually have to work at errr, work and cannot keep up with this thread :)

1. deafmedal
2. ori0n378e
3. RadicalVelocity
4. Palmer_v1
5. ???
6. ???

Don't be shy, reply!

I'll for sure help tomorrow with the daughters and Oryx if you need it. I'll also be home late around 11:30pm Pacific Time.

It was fun though. Was also able to get to 300 light.

KxoZz

Hope to get finally get the Touce of Malice today. Is the mission for it on Phobos soloable? I struggled with soling the original mission.
35 hadium flakes, too D:

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
why should I buy the exotic gear even tough I already have better blue gear?

is there a reason I don't know about? or is it just collecting?

Tovarisc

Hope to get finally get the Touce of Malice today. Is the mission for it on Phobos soloable? I struggled with soling the original mission.
35 hadium flakes, too D:

You can't solo it, especially if easier version of mission was struggle to solo for you. This is notch harder from that imo, but got it done with help of one friend [2 manned it].

35 hadium flakes, too D:

Don't have to complete the mission, just kill the wizard that spawns after you get the boss' health around half I think.

oSoLucky

You can infuse the blues into an exotic, though if there's a large light difference you won't get the full value, just most of it. If you aren't using an exotic, it's probably a good idea to go with one since some of the perks are pretty strong.

LAA

Anyone have a Golgoroth cellar and/or 2nd jumping puzzle CP?
Want to get calcified fragments I'm missing in those locations. Would massively appreciate it, thanks! PSN: LAA612

Because Exotics usually have way more useful and unique perks than you can get from Rares and Legendaries.

On an unrelated note, is there a way you can check what Calcified Fragments you already have?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
You can infuse the blues into an exotic, though if there's a large light difference you won't get the full value, just most of it. If you aren't using an exotic, it's probably a good idea to go with one since some of the perks are pretty strong.

Exotic/Legendary gear has better/more perks and stats.

Because Exotics usually have way more useful and unique perks than you can get from Rares and Legendaries.
thanks"

forgot to mention, I already use a exotic 290 helmet that gives me the possibility to see my radar while using my primary weapon in zoom mode..

Sorry man. Had to go to work :/

It's ok I should have known better and went straight to bed and just let someone new fill the spot. I always allow destiny to pull my strings :p

But it was a great run regardless with excellent teamwork, definitely need to run one with you guys again.

Ok so for my UK/European GAF bros who were interested in raiding tonight/over the weekend.

Tonight will start around 11:30pm GMT.

Saturday will be what ever time anyones on and ready.

Sunday after 8-9PM GMT

Currently we have:

MandrakeUK (light 197)
Friend (light 196)
Friend
Duebrithil - Can you please confirm availability
Mehrmantrout - Can you please confirm availability
Gunawi: - Can you please confirm availability
Langiot: - Can you please confirm availability
djRalford - Can you please confirm availability

If anyone else is interested please let me know/send a PM. Dont mind if its your first time (it will be for a few), we will have a laugh.

noomi

Quick question about the quests leading up to the 310 artifact, i did it once... but now I need it once more on my Titan....

Which quests will I need to complete?

- Petra Wars
- Earth, Mars, Venus Wars
- The Kings Road

?

Morning Noomi, btw i predicted it, check post history. Lol.

You are a Wizard!

SheHateMe

The fact that Xur is selling Hawkmoon after I got Ace Of Spades is funny to me, especially since I didn't get it in Y1.

I'm still going to buy it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that AoS is better because of the Maverick perk. If you can consistently hit precision shots, no reloading.

Plus Firefly. Who doesn't like Firefly?

Stuff can easily be infused to 290+. It's trivial depending on how lucky you are with blues. I've got 5-10 blues for most slots in the 295+ that I keep on hand for infusing purposes.

I don't want to waste the strange coins. I'm just going to pay to upgrade my Y1 exotics to Y2. Marks are easier to come by at the moment than coins.

Klyka

Banned
I think I need to ask some people for raid checkpoints in the next couple of days to get up to 45 calcified fragments

35 hadium flakes, too D:

If you're raid capable you should have gear good enough for it to be easier than it was the first time. Once he gets to about 25% the wizard will spawn near the door. Burn the shit out of it then go to orbit.

GlamFM

Banned
It's ok I should have known better and went straight to bed and just let someone new fill the spot. I always allow destiny to pull my strings :p

But it was a great run regardless with excellent teamwork, definitely need to run one with you guys again.

Oh that's just the Drizzay buff we had. We would have been screwed on our own.

Mupod

No proper engram from Xur this week? Lame, was hoping for helmets that I could hopefully decode into 310s.

At least I can load up on threes of coins, might not be able to Draksis my face off but I can still just use one whenever I think I'll run into an Ultra.

Top Bottom