• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ok so for my UK/European GAF bros who were interested in raiding tonight/over the weekend.

Tonight will start around 11:30pm GMT.

Saturday will be what ever time anyones on and ready.

Sunday after 8-9PM GMT

Currently we have:

MandrakeUK (light 197)
Friend (light 196)
Friend
Duebrithil - Can you please confirm availability
Mehrmantrout - Can you please confirm availability
Gunawi: - Can you please confirm availability
Langiot: - Can you please confirm availability
djRalford - Can you please confirm availability

If anyone else is interested please let me know/send a PM. Dont mind if its your first time (it will be for a few), we will have a laugh.

Tonight far too late plus I need to finish one from yesterday, Saturday anytime after 6/7. Sunday 8pm is ok but would prefer earlier

noomi

I don't want to waste the strange coins. I'm just going to pay to upgrade my Y1 exotics to Y2. Marks are easier to come by at the moment than coins.

Agreed, anything that is Y2 exclusive I will buy from Xur, anything else that's available for the kiosk I'll get there.

Also 31 coins for a primary engram :eek:

Tovarisc

I think Bungie doesn't give flying shit about PvP.

• Matchmaking is lols still
  • Red bars everywhere, in every match, warping around
  • Instead of just godmode Bladedancer we now also have Sunbreaker
  • Flavor of month weapon balancing (HC + Shotty => Pulse + Shotty)
  • Map design is mostly small cramped spaces with a lots of turns and corners, prime hunting grounds when using shotty
  • Etc.

Wheres my Graviton helmet Xur?!

Already have the Grasps, nothing of else interests me besides the Ruin Wings I guess. I think I'm going to level my Titan alt next (whenever I get around to it...).

Quick question about the quests leading up to the 310 artifact, i did it once... but now I need it once more on my Titan....

Which quests will I need to complete?

- Petra Wars
- Earth, Mars, Venus Wars
- The Kings Road

?

Neither, just beat the story and do a couple of early Eris missions. Also, find a few fragments. That's how it popped up on both my alts.

So should we do normal Strikes or Heroic when popping 3oC?

Doesn't matter, drop chance is the same.

When you're using 3oC in a strike are you supposed to use our at the start our at the room. It doesn't have a timer does it?

I dont think it matters. Just the next ultra or whatever it is you need to kill has the chance to pop out an exotic. If they don't then consume another one and try again. It stacks up I think until you get something so eventually you're bound to get one.

huh? Don't know where you heard that but the buff lasts forever until you kill an Ultra.

So it expires? I'm just thinking if you have a good team and burn the boss in a few minutes would your run into the reduced effectiveness timer from the hotfix. If you can pop it at the beginning that'll never be an issue

SeanR1221

Beating The raid last night with some guys from here was awesome. What a crazy intense moment. Might end up being one of my greatest gaming memories ever.

I got the auto rifle which is really growing on me. Nice impact and once the stability perks are enabled it should be a beast.

Mupod

So it expires? I'm just thinking if you have a good team and burn the boss in a few minutes would your run into the reduced effectiveness timer from the hotfix. If you can pop it at the beginning that'll never be an issue

It goes away after killing the Ultra then you use another one. You can die, do strikes with no Ultras like that Cabal Psion one, or log out for a week and it'll still be up.

I don't know how long the 'decreased effectiveness' timer is and I don't know if anyone does. But I'm some some meganerd will figure it out and I will be paying close attention all day to any developments. Feels like 15 minutes would be a good timer to me.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm convinced that the raid Hand Cannon reload time is a mistake that will be patched. It's laughable and renders it almost unusable.

Seil

20%, wut? That would mean that my friend with 5 coins used, over time of course, didn't get any exotics with 100% drop rate :DDD 20% / coin my ass.

The average was roughly 1 exotic per 5 3oC used. Nothing guaranteed, always RNG, and the rate increases with each failed roll. By the time you were at 5 coins, there was a pretty good chance. I started at a solid 1 in 5 but at my worst, I averaged 1 in 9, came back from that to around 1 in 7 at the end.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a charged Agonarch rune. Anyone wanna help me use it? PSN: ultrajari

I'm convinced that the raid Hand Cannon reload time is a mistake that will be patched. It's laughable and renders it almost unusable.

Most raid guns have slower reload, but yeah that hand cannon reload is a joke. Though the cocoon perk makes up for it. Fire a clip, swap to special/heavy, swap back in 4-5 secs to a full clip.

Ok so for my UK/European GAF bros who were interested in raiding tonight/over the weekend.

Sunday after 8-9PM GMT

Currently we have:

MandrakeUK (light 197)
Friend (light 196)
Friend

If anyone else is interested please let me know/send a PM. Dont mind if its your first time (it will be for a few), we will have a laugh.

Kind of late for me, but I'll be there :)

20%, wut? That would mean that my friend with 5 coins used, over time of course, didn't get any exotics with 100% drop rate :DDD 20% / coin my ass.

I mean an average chance per 3oC. it seemed to be roughly 1 in 5 or 6 or so would get you an exotic. So maybe something like 15-20% chance per.

Any Xbox One folk interested in trying to take down Oryx sometime after 5:00 PM EST?

I have been taking the raid slowly since Tuesday and finally beat the boss fight before Oryx yesterday only to fail at Oryx himself for a few hours thereafter.

PM here or message on Live if interested / willing to help.

Xbox GT: MythicReclaimer

noomi

Neither, just beat the story and do a couple of early Eris missions. Also, find a few fragments. That's how it popped up on both my alts.

Cool, thanks for the info. I was just to be sure I don't miss it is all...

Just so I understand, I do not need to do any of the Taken War quest lines, just the Eris ones?

The only Eris quest I have at the moment, is the one to find 5 calcified fragments, I assume this is the only one I need to follow for the 310 artifact?

Honestly.... if there was an artifact that could drop from the raid or some other source I wouldn't even bother.... it's the only way to get an artifact above 300 though it seems.

DjRalford

It's roughly a 20% chance above normal odds, if your 10% likely to get a drop one coin will make that 12%.

A secondary attempt after a fail will make it 14%

A third attempt would net you a 17% chance.

Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc

DjRalford

Sunday after 8-9PM GMT

Currently we have:

MandrakeUK (light 197)
Friend (light 196)
Friend

I can only do Sunday night as I'm off to EGX, and will likely only be online once the kids are in bed around 20:30BST

purg3

slept with Malkin
So regretting staying up to 3:30am raiding when I had to be up for work at 6am. On the bright side, I have the gaze passing down after having to learn it for the first time. Also got the ghost shell, so it was worth it lol.

MrMuscle

Is Cocoon bugged on the rocket launcher? it seems to not reload :-/

Works on mine. Remember it seems like it checks for ammo available when you switch weapons. So if you have no ammo but get some while its unequipped, it wont reload. You need to equip it and then put it away again for it to trigger.

Works on mine. Remember it seems like it checks for ammo available when you switch weapons. So if you have no ammo but get some while its unequipped, it wont reload. You need to equip it and then put it away again for it to trigger.

That makes sense, I will have to give that a shot.

Thanks

KxoZz

If you're raid capable you should have gear good enough for it to be easier than it was the first time. Once he gets to about 25% the wizard will spawn near the door. Burn the shit out of it then go to orbit.

The original was 240 light and I expected it to be easier than it was, as I was 280. Is this mission 240 light too? Am at 303, so should be easier if it's still 240.

Deku Tree

I really want the touch of malice and the other two exotic swords... I really don't want to farm Hadium Flakes and I really really don't want to farm planetary materials for these quests though. Nor do I want to farm even more Hadium flakes just to level up ToM. ... Ugh ... Bungie ... Farming again? Really? Didn't you already learn the hard way that this farming is no fun?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Of course the day I purchase my first Yr2 Exotic armour, a better one drops out of a Purple Engram from Crucible play.

Destiny RNG gonna RNG.

Pretty pumped for Y2 Ruin Wings. Those along with S-14 were my most used Titan exotics.

noomi

Of course the day I purchase my first Yr2 Exotic armour, a better one drops out of a Purple Engram from Crucible play.

RNG gonna RNG

I really want the touch of malice and the other two exotic swords... I really don't want to farm Hadium Flakes and I really really don't want to farm planetary materials for these quests though. Nor do I want to farm even more Hadium flakes just to level up ToM. ... Ugh ... Bungie ... Farming again? Really? Didn't you already learn the hard way that this farming is no fun?

This is where I stand as well, I would really love to have the other two exotic swords, but I just don't have it in me to go through all the trouble... two more times.

In time, I probably will go for them, but after just getting the void one... nah.

Hung Jury hype is real. Not only does it sound like Mida (best sound there is) and looks amazing, but the semi-White Nail perk means you can keep landing precision shots and it'll go way beyond its 20 bullet mag.

MrMuscle

Touch of malice is FANTASTIC. Go chest framing guardian, it is worth it!

noomi

Oh nice!

Looks like Bungie finally updated the site to actually display the touch of malice and black spindle. Now I can move stuff around again :D

Thanks Bungie!

ocean

Banned
That's not how statistics work. I'll give you an example which might help me in illustrating what is ultimately the Gambler's fallacy.

Flipping a coin has a 50% chance of resulting in heads.

"50%, wut? That would mean that my friend with 2 coins flipped, over time of course, never got Heads with 100% probability :DDD 50% / flip my ass"

The 3 of Coins case is different because we don't have the numbers, don't know what the internal cooldown is to avoid the "quick kills less effective", and we don't know how exactly probabilities stack.

But whatever the case, you could have something award you a 50% chance of success and then have it fail 10 times in a row. The 11th time isn't any more likely to be the winner than the first or second: it's always 50%, each time.

You'd need very, very many repeated simulations for your averaged success rate to meet the expected probability, but this will inevitably happen over the long run.

Top Bottom