• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned
I would like to thank this fantastic group of guardians FOR GETTING THE JOB DONE!

Especially Drizz for being the MVP as always..

fplmdDO.png

oSxpBvA.png

Edit:

Almost top of the page exclusive bonus!

Selfietime!

Here is your buddy GLAMLORD waiting for a revive at asshole (Golgoroth)

qhOo5ED.png

gunawi

Ok so for my UK/European GAF bros who were interested in raiding tonight/over the weekend.

Tonight will start around 11:30pm GMT.

Saturday will be what ever time anyones on and ready.

Sunday after 8-9PM GMT

Currently we have:

MandrakeUK (light 197)
Friend (light 196)
Friend
Duebrithil - Can you please confirm availability
Mehrmantrout - Can you please confirm availability
Gunawi: - Can you please confirm availability
Langiot: - Can you please confirm availability
djRalford - Can you please confirm availability

If anyone else is interested please let me know/send a PM. Dont mind if its your first time (it will be for a few), we will have a laugh.

I'm still in. 11:30 tonight is a little late for me (GMT+1), but I can probably do 1-2 hrs.

9PM GMT works best for me.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Oh nice!

Looks like Bungie finally updated the site to actually display the touch of malice and black spindle. Now I can move stuff around again :D

Thanks Bungie!

Hey man, thanks for letting me raid with y'all yesterday. Ended up downing Oryx and then ran the rest of the raid again.

nOoblet16

Ok so for my UK/European GAF bros who were interested in raiding tonight/over the weekend.

Tonight will start around 11:30pm GMT.

Saturday will be what ever time anyones on and ready.

Sunday after 8-9PM GMT

Currently we have:

MandrakeUK (light 197)
Friend (light 196)
Friend
Duebrithil - Can you please confirm availability
Mehrmantrout - Can you please confirm availability
Gunawi: - Can you please confirm availability
Langiot: - Can you please confirm availability
djRalford - Can you please confirm availability

If anyone else is interested please let me know/send a PM. Dont mind if its your first time (it will be for a few), we will have a laugh.
Don't you mean light 296 and 297?

noomi

Which Titan class is best for the Oryx encounter?

Defender with Weapons of Light

Helps Stagger Oryx easily

Hey man, thanks for letting me raid with y'all yesterday. Ended up downing Oryx and then ran the rest of the raid again.

Hey! No problem, glad you guys got him down! I only had 2 hours to do it, sorry for bailing on you guys.

I'd like to think we taught some new Guardians a thing or two about the Oryx fight :)

X-Frame

Thank you both

For me,
I had success with the Sunbreaker, but the group I was in already had 4 other Titan's so we had plenty of Defenders to rotate using WoL bubbles. A Sunbreaker is amazing for durability and add control, not to mention Melting Point is great for punching strong enemies you want dead fast.

There are several encounters during that fight where I'd pop my Hammer of Sol to survive and it worked great.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What are the thoughts on the raid rocket launcher? Infusion fuel? Doesn't seem like rockets are as useful as they once were, and there really aren't many points in the raid where I would take them over an HMG or sword. I got one last night, but I don't ever see myself using it, plus I got a legendary with max blast radius/tripod/clusterbombs for PvE.

For me,
I had success with the Sunbreaker, but the group I was in already had 4 other Titan's so we had plenty of Defenders to rotate using WoL bubbles. A Sunbreaker is amazing for durability and add control, not to mention Melting Point is great for punching strong enemies you want dead fast.

There are several encounters during that fight where I'd pop my Hammer of Sol to survive and it worked great.

Yeah, the burst DPS capability of the sunbreaker is crazy.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Defender with Weapons of Light

Helps Stagger Oryx easily

Hey! No problem, glad you guys got him down! I only had 2 hours to do it, sorry for bailing on you guys.

I'd like to think we taught some new Guardians a thing or two about the Oryx fight :)

No prob. Hell yeah, I learned a ton. Was relieved that the encounter is so similar to the
sisters
since I had done that before.

nOoblet16

What are the thoughts on the raid rocket launcher? Infusion fuel? Doesn't seem like rockets are as useful as they once were, and there really aren't many points in the raid where I would take them over an HMG or sword. I got one last night, but I don't ever see myself using it, plus I got a legendary with max blast radius/tripod/clusterbombs for PvE.
Slow as shit.
Except for the scout, sniper and machine gun
..everything is infusion fuel.

Marvel

could never
Anyone for coo later? Need to leech some stolen runes so I can use my antiqhated one for my alt. Gotta get his 300 artifact. Got a spare antiquated too if anyone needs it also.

Would really appreciate it.

KxoZz

Anyone for coo later? Need to leech some stolen runes so I can use my antiqhated one for my alt. Gotta get his 300 artifact. Got a spare antiquated too if anyone needs it also.

Would really appreciate it.
When do want to run it? I need to get the Calcified Fragment from beating it.

X-Frame

Is there anyone who needs to kill their Warden and Darkblade for the Exotic Sword quest that'll be around at like 7:30 PM EST?

I have a Void sword so maybe I can get 2 others who have Void too in order to make it easier.

HigXx

Light level 297 and I havent even started Raiding yet. Guess I should start :D

Only damn thing keeping me down is a 284 Ghost

Shito

From one of the most sought after jewels
To a meh ok

Hand Cannon accuracy nerf is probably the single worst move since the game launched.
Nah,it was needed and a mistake for the longest time to make some of them outperform scout rifles.
Hand cannons should have never ended in the state they were at.
I loved using my hawkmoon in the crucible just as much as the next guy, but allowing the hardest hitting primary class to have that much range was just bullshit.

Jas

Went 2 for 5 using 3oCs doing Heroic Vanguard strikes, I didn't use any until after the first one to get the buff. I was 0-4 and got a double drop on the last one. Ended up getting a Monte Carlo and a Invective. Also ended up with 3 legendaries so a pretty good haul.

Tovarisc

Light level 297 and I havent even started Raiding yet. Guess I should start :D

Only damn thing keeping me down is a 284 Ghost

Best place for good Ghost shell that is upgrade is raid. Hitting 295+ without raid is plausible while requires quite a bit luck, but last push for light upwards is raid shell :b

Went 2 for 5 using 3oCs doing Heroic Vanguard strikes, I didn't use any until after the first one to get the buff. I was 0-4 and got a double drop on the last one. Ended up getting a Monte Carlo and a Invective. Also ended up with 3 legendaries so a pretty good haul.

Wouldn't it be better to run normal strikes instead of heroics? Bosses are still majors, run takes less time and if matchmaking with randoms experience will be less painful.

Mupod

7 Three of Coins used, 7 Strike bosses killed, no Exotic Engrams. Bungieeeeee

My longest streak pre-'nerf' was at least 13, then Draksis popped out 2 at once.

I'm hearing reports that people are still having some success using the old method. But I need weapon parts desperately so I'll probably just run some strikes.

I kind of hope somebody figures out the exact timer so that I can still do the checkpoint abuse when I'm otherwise occupied. That's how I play Marvel Heroes, I turn on all my boosts and jump in an instance whenever my eternity splinter drop is ready (every 7 minutes).

Top Bottom