• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

k1t4j

Anyone for coo later? Need to leech some stolen runes so I can use my antiqhated one for my alt. Gotta get his 300 artifact. Got a spare antiquated too if anyone needs it also.

Would really appreciate it.

I am if by later you mean 5h from now (work)

I have 2 stolen and 1 antiquated and several of the weaker ones.

We could run it a few times :)

EDIT: heh, nvm I just caught up to your posts :p

Mupod

Nah,it was needed and a mistake for the longest time to make some of them outperform scout rifles.
Hand cannons should have never ended in the state they were at.
I loved using my hawkmoon in the crucible just as much as the next guy, but allowing the hardest hitting primary class to have that much range was just bullshit.

agreed on the range being too much. I was routinely shocked at how far away I was getting full damage on Thorn and don't even get me started on The Last Word aka the best sniper rifle in the game.

My problem is that nerfing the accuracy was not a 'fun' solution. Damage falloff past midrange would have been totally fine. But right now I can aim directly at a Phalanx's gun hand from fairly close range and have it miss/hit the shield repeatedly. After I went through almost an entire magazine doing that a few times I dropped handcannons completely.

It just sucks because they were a very fun weapon class to use. Nerfing their effectiveness is fine but doing it in a way that makes them aggravating to shoot with was not how I'd do it.

As for PVP my ideal handcannon would be super slow, with tons of recoil, mid range, but a 2-headshot kill. As far as I know this doesn't exist, everything except hipfired TLW is 3 shots. I do have a Timur's Lash with outlaw that can do it, but you need to get a kill and reload first.

I liked the idea of Thorn and would have been fine with its range and fire rate being toned down. Regardless, I've mostly found my ideal weapon in Pulse Rifles, but they aren't quite as fun to use.

Marvel

could never
I am if by later you mean 5h from now (work)

I have 2 stolen and 1 antiquated and several of the weaker ones.

We could run it a few times :)
That would be a little too late for me as I will be eating dinner and then have a raid set up for 7pm I'm afraid :( but any other time I am more than happy to help, should you want it bud. I do coo a lot as it is very fun for me.

A mid-tier luck type friend of mine went 4/15 on exotic drops doing the draksis method this morning. Anyone else still giving this a try with similar results? The thirst for 310 exotics to use as fuel is very real.

Morning DGAF! Xur, what happened buddy???

Anyways, helped my boy Puma get his first Oryx kill last night. Tomorrow my main goes in and gets it done with the boys across the pond!

New Chvrches album today too! Today will be good.

PatDH

Well after being stuck on 294 light for a while I finally moved up tonight. 297, without raiding.
Then I attempted the raid but it all fell apart at
Gorgoroth
(sp?), and it's late so I left.
Man that was a frustrating experience, hopefully have more luck tomorrow :)

MrS

Banned
That would be a little too late for me as I will be eating dinner and then have a raid set up for 7pm I'm afraid :( but any other time I am more than happy to help, should you want it bud. I do coo a lot as it is very fun for me.
Your raid group full Marvel?

noomi

You know what I just remembered...

Anything ever happen with Eris yesterday, there was an "insider" gaffer that said we should be speaking with her....

You got seven Ultra bosses in a row in a strike playlist? That's better odds than 3oC's lmao

I always get Triple Psion strike out the waz.

Why wouldn't I? All Strikes end in an Ultra. You don't necessarily need to land the final blow, either, from what I've seen.

Anyone on Xbone looking to raid?

Wallach

Why wouldn't I? All Strikes end in an Ultra. You don't necessarily need to land the final blow, either, from what I've seen.

I think he just means you went seven strikes in a row without getting Dust Palace. The boss psions there don't count as ultras for the 3oC, which makes it kind of lame to get during the playlist.

Tovarisc

You know what I just remembered...

Anything ever happen with Eris yesterday, there was an "insider" gaffer that said we should be speaking with her....

Absolutely nothing happened yesterday when you spoke to Eris.

I thought Exotic engrams would give 310 stuff once you are at 300 Light? :(

It's chance to get 310 exotic when you are 300 or above in Light, but not guaranteed to give 310.

No they don't. The triple Dust Palace guys do not count as Ultras, neither does Omnigul for some reason apparently.

You can tell because the 3oC is still there after ending the mission.

Waldini

JESUS.

XUR! WHATYA DOIN!?

... all I asked for was a Legacy Primary. That way, I could get Hawkmoon. I open the app ... scroll down and he's actually selling a Year 2 Hawkmoon. Jesus Xur, you on crack?

Wallach

Nah, both the exotic engrams I got from 3oC this morning were 310. It just isn't guaranteed, seems about 50% chance for 310.

JayHayabusa

After a few weeks (2 months really) with family visiting, traveling, vacation and life, I will be looking to tackle Oryx tomorrow.

Experienced players and newcomers are welcome. It will be a fresh run.

We' ll need 3 players. DGaffers Mindlog and Cilonen are already in.

We start Saturday around 8pm Paris time - 7pm UK - 2pm East Coast.

Please fill in your name - light level and whether this is your first time or not. No requirements really, just so we know the group composition.

King's Fall Raid - 8pm CET - Full run

1. Mindlog - 299 - Experienced Oryx Raider
2. Cilonen - 293 - First time Oryx Raider
3. Jayforone - 296 - First time Oryx Raider (that's me :))

Please quote me and fill in your name. Or you can PM me and I ll add the first three tonight and make a new post with the full team.

GlamFM

Banned
OK, I´ve seen basically everything now and I have made up my mind.

The Taken King is FANTASTIC and Destiny has a bright future.

The only thing I HATE, and that´s a big one:

The raid loot fucking sucks.

Way to randomized in perks and stats and unbelievably ugly.

You just will never get a "OH MY GOD I GOT A FATEBRINGER" moment with this stuff.

The only thing it does for you is to push your light level, it will most likely be used as infusion fuel to push better performing and better looking gear.

That´s a shame.

The only thing I´m going for in this raid is a number - not an item.

Raid gear has to be locked to a LL and to certain perks IMO. It has to be almost as special as exotic gear and it has to look hot.

They had it right with the Vault. They´ve struggled ever since.

The only set that has or had what I´m looking for was the trials set.

Very desirable stat and perk wise and OH BOY did it look amazing.

tl;dr: I want better raid loot in the future. TTK is awesome.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Well after being stuck on 294 light for a while I finally moved up tonight. 297, without raiding.
Then I attempted the raid but it all fell apart at
Gorgoroth
(sp?), and it's late so I left.
Man that was a frustrating experience, hopefully have more luck tomorrow :)

I actually have a good appreciation for that encounter after last night.
It requires really good communication between the gaze holders. Without proper communication, that fight would be an absolute struggle.
Just keep at it. He's a huge team check, more so than the previous boss.

Marvel

could never
Sitting at 117 marks, I shall save up and get the Red Death Y2. It reminds me of the grars 3 retro lancer lol, gotta have it. Never had one last year.

This is my first chance to get Exotic gear via Xur.

Is it better to buy the guaranteed better gear (in this case the gauntlets) or roll the dice on an engram??

Also..i buy the engram im out of strange coin. Gauntlets i cant still buy 3 of coins

purg3

slept with Malkin
Sitting at 117 marks, I shall save up and get the Red Death Y2. It reminds me of the grars 3 retro lancer lol, gotta have it. Never had one last year.

Perfect time to get one, ever since the pulse rifle re-balancing, it's been a top tier weapon. Will probably be my next purchase as well.

Mupod

Nah, both the exotic engrams I got from 3oC this morning were 310. It just isn't guaranteed, seems about 50% chance for 310.

I'm nowhere near 50% on my (above 300 light) 310 decrypts, only found two 310s out of 10+ engrams so far. But we can chalk that up to my usual shit luck.

Hyped for tonight's farming, just...need to make it through today somehow.

Jafku

Is it better to buy the guaranteed better gear (in this case the gauntlets) or roll the dice on an engram??

Also..i buy the engram im out of strange coin. Gauntlets i cant still buy 3 of coins
Don't get the engram. It will only be Year 1 weapons

Depends on how many strange coins you have to gamble with tbh.

Remember that gear bought from Xur will be 10 points less than decrypted gear from exotic engrams.

Marvel

could never
Agree with glam on raid gear, most of it is ugly and I have already devoured the raid gauntlets and put em in my sexy echo chamber vex floaty tenticle things. Now I look badass again, will be doing the same with the chest piece I got but what I shall feed it to Im not sure....

LiK

so I'm hoping to play with the same people to kill Oryx tonight. one member won't be on until after 8PM so i'll check up on the raid crew and see who's up for itn around then. I really need to kill Oryx tonight because that's all the gaming I can do today. if we can't get the guys together, i'll join whoever. won't be doing much gaming over the weekend.

Wallach

Well, the Legacy engram is old year 1 stuff, so don't get that.

I'd personally just invest in 3oCs, but if there is a piece you just really want that he's offering, might as well grab it. When he's selling year 2 engrams, those will be a better investment when you are 300+ light.

Ambitious

chance of getting 310

RNG says hi

Yup, older strikes have been takenified, so you can get either version while doing it.

afaik, Spongebob, undying mind and psion flayers are the 3 where you can have taken.

Yeah, I see Taken all the time in those three strikes. Can't actually remember the last time I played them without encountering Taken. But that was the first time the Gate Lord appeared.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
70fUGyo.jpg

<3 my girl :D

Menome

Am I missing something, or is there now no way to change the difficulty of a strike? I want to solo Devil's Lair for a class-mission and the Hard Mode option isn't there any more.

Volcynika

As being someone new to Destiny (got the legendary edition), not sure what to do currently. Beat the base story, and then I also did the House of Wolves content, now I've got two raids unlocked and I'm level 28, which means the Taken King stuff unlocked as well. Not sure how easy it would be to find people to do the first raid, or I should opt for Taken King solo content for a little bit.

420bits

Agree with glam on raid gear, most of it is ugly and I have already devoured the raid gauntlets and put em in my sexy echo chamber vex floaty tenticle things. Now I look badass again, will be doing the same with the chest piece I got but what I shall feed it to Im not sure....

The best looking gear you get from the raid is the ghost :D

Top Bottom