• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Wallach

Agree with glam on raid gear, most of it is ugly and I have already devoured the raid gauntlets and put em in my sexy echo chamber vex floaty tenticle things. Now I look badass again, will be doing the same with the chest piece I got but what I shall feed it to Im not sure....

I agree that about half the weapons have questionable stats, but the armor all seems pretty strong to me. Don't think I'd use any of it for infusion fuel...

Another thing i didnt know about!

I have 31. Just enough for the engram. The fauntlets are 13

in that case I would just buy the gauntlets. Reason being is that the engram could end up as an item for another class. and even with 280 gauntlets you will be able to infuse high stat blue or unwanted 290+ exotics to make the defense higher.

Hope that helps.

Definity

Trying to do the T3 CoO this week with the general public is uhm interesting. Had a guy actually send me a message asking how to damage baby crota. Invited his team to my party chat - explained it then wrecked him. Guy was extremely happy and appreciative because I'm assuming he finished a quest. Cool moments like that make destiny so awesome.

noomi

Wish legendary marks weren't capped to 200. Every second day I'm capped and don't know what to spend them on.

This is my dilemma as well, going to start buying year 2 exotics from the vendor today.

Nothing I want from any of the other vendors.

LiK

Wish legendary marks weren't capped to 200. Every second day I'm capped and don't know what to spend them on.

yep, I bitched about that hard when they announced the cap won't be increased. it basically prevents people from hoarding if they don't feel like wasting it on stuff they don't really want.

Waldini

I really hate the fact that the Raid gear is 300+ Light only.

Why?

Well ... for starters, the Raid Gear looks like crap. Never liked the Hive gear. Second, you can only run the Raid once per character and even then it's still not 100% sure you get every piece of armor.

O great! You got a 305 weapon. O? The one you have currently is 299. INFUSE TIME! Result? 301 weapon.

Again, House of Wolves was great for upgrading old gear. Hell, even VoG/Crota gear become relevant again.

Shame that Bungie didn't do more with VoG/Crota armor. I would've been pretty happy where you would go on a Quest and gather an item that could upgrade/infuse your old Raid Gear. I still have VoG/Crota/ToO gear on all my characters. Can't say goodbye just yet.

Hmm, so I remember Taniks mentioning at the end of the Spindle quest that the Taken will try to control all Fallen Houses. Well as I'm going into Scourge of Winter to kill Draksis for the millionth time, the Ghost mentions that "the Fallen we faced at the Archive were from the House of Winter"...
Wasn't the Archive a daily a few days ago? Maybe if we make our way to Draksis' ship on that day, we'll get another secret Taken event?

Daemul

I was scrolling through the Destinytracker Population statistics and I found some interesting numbers for the new subclasses, I'll link them here for you guys. Disclaimer: These stats are from Destinytracker's tracked gamers, not the entire Destiny population, so they're more representative of the hardcore base than the casuals.

Super Kills(PvP)

Hunter Nightstalker 57,199,506 (5.13%)
Titan Sunbreaker 32,709,437 (2.93%)
Warlock Stormcaller 30,251,716 (2.71%)

Grenade kills (PVP)

Hunter Nightstalker 32,651,394 (4.30%)
Warlock Stormcaller 28,003,235 (3.69%)
Titan Sunbreaker 16,915,360 (2.23%)

Melee kills (PVP)

Warlock Stormcaller 40,874,589 (3.33%)
Hunter Nightstalker 34,545,917 (2.81%)
Titan Sunbreaker 30,945,952 (2.52%)

Here's the Destinytracker class breakdown for reference

Hunter 1,890,494
Warlock 1,854,319
Titan 1,786,529

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/population

Notes:Bow is doing work it seems and the Nightstalker grenades are better than I expected, the Lockdown skill perk takes them from lacklustre to godly. Warlocks having the most melee kills is normal, it really shouldn't be a surprise.

PuMa

Morning DGAF! Xur, what happened buddy???

Anyways, helped my boy Puma get his first Oryx kill last night. Tomorrow my main goes in and gets it done with the boys across the pond!

New Chvrches album today too! Today will be good.

Thanks man! Great run with everyone. It's pretty simple once everyone gets into the rhythm of the encounter.

Friiiiidaaaaaay!

LiK

I really hate the fact that the Raid gear is 300+ Light only.

Why?

Well ... for starters, the Raid Gear looks like crap. Never liked the Hive gear. Second, you can only run the Raid once per character and even then it's still not 100% sure you get every piece of armor.

O great! You got a 305 weapon. O? The one you have currently is 299. INFUSE TIME! Result? 301 weapon.

Again, House of Wolves was great for upgrading old gear. Hell, even VoG/Crota gear become relevant again.

Shame that Bungie didn't do more with VoG/Crota armor. I would've been pretty happy where you would go on a Quest and gather an item that could upgrade/infuse your old Raid Gear. I still have VoG/Crota/ToO gear on all my characters. Can't say goodbye just yet.

Hive armor is definitely a hit or miss. I think the Crota Hunter gear was pretty nice except for the helm. Warlock helm was alright, the rest was ugly. Titan was the worst. It was ugly all around with no ability ot make it look nice with any shader.

Considering Oryx uses Taken, I wish the King's Fall raid had more varied design that was a combination of all the races he controls.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I was scrolling through the Destinytracker Population statistics and I found some interesting numbers for the new subclasses, I'll link them here for you guys. Disclaimer: These stats are from Destinytracker's tracked gamers, not the entire Destiny population, so they're more representative of the hardcore base than the casuals.

Super Kills(PvP)

Hunter Nightstalker 57,199,506 (5.13%)
Titan Sunbreaker 32,709,437 (2.93%)
Warlock Stormcaller 30,251,716 (2.71%)

Grenade kills (PVP)

Hunter Nightstalker 32,651,394 (4.30%)
Warlock Stormcaller 28,003,235 (3.69%)
Titan Sunbreaker 16,915,360 (2.23%)

Melee kills (PVP)

Warlock Stormcaller 40,874,589 (3.33%)
Hunter Nightstalker 34,545,917 (2.81%)
Titan Sunbreaker 30,945,952 (2.52%)

Here's the Destinytracker class breakdown for reference

Hunter 1,890,494
Warlock 1,854,319
Titan 1,786,529

Notes:Bow is doing work it seems and the Nightstalker grenades are better than I expected, the Lockdown skill perk takes them from lacklustre to godly. Warlocks having the most melee kills is normal, it really shouldn't be a surprise.

Well 90% of people playing PvP use Hunter soooo

Waldini

Hive armor is definitely a hit or miss. I think the Crota Hunter gear was pretty nice except for the helm. Warlock helm was alright, the rest was ugly. Titan was the worst. It was ugly all around with no ability ot make it look nice with any shader.

Considering Oryx uses Taken, I wish the King's Fall raid had more varied design that was a combination of all the races he controls.

This. I'm not a fan of how the Hive stuff looks. Hell, when HoW arrived along with the Etheric Lights I switched back to my VoG gear. That stuff still looks pretty damn awesome.

I hoped King's Fall raid gear would look more like the Fallen. The Ghost does though .. which is weird. O well, there's a slight chance Hard-More KF will offer a different look.

Vex DLC HYPE!

Tecnniqe

Banned
This. I'm not a fan of how the Hive stuff looks. Hell, when HoW arrived along with the Etheric Lights I switched back to my VoG gear. That stuff still looks pretty damn awesome.

I hoped King's Fall raid gear would look more like the Fallen. The Ghost does though .. which is weird. O well, there's a slight chance Hard-More KF will offer a different look.

Vex DLC HYPE!

True. I wish we would get some Cabal style armor.

MrS

Banned
After a few weeks (2 months really) with family visiting, traveling, vacation and life, I will be looking to tackle Oryx tomorrow.

Experienced players and newcomers are welcome. It will be a fresh run.

We' ll need 3 players. DGaffers Mindlog and Cilonen are already in.

We start Saturday around 8pm Paris time - 7pm UK - 2pm East Coast.

Please fill in your name - light level and whether this is your first time or not. No requirements really, just so we know the group composition.

King's Fall Raid - 8pm CET - Full run

1. Mindlog - 299 - Experienced Oryx Raider
2. Cilonen - 293 - First time Oryx Raider
3. Jayforone - 296 - First time Oryx Raider (that's me :))
6. Mr-Stephen - 295 - First Time Oryx Raider

Please quote me and fill in your name. Or you can PM me and I ll add the first three tonight and make a new post with the full team.
Might not be a first time Oryx raider tomorrow though if i can find a team tonight

GlamFM

Banned

Vex DLC HYPE!

From the tiny screens in the database it looks just the same, but with a different color.

I'd say that a lot of the reason that the numbers are skewed in favor of hunters is due to their being so many hunters pre ttk. It was definitely the top used class before. Im actually surprised at how much more popular the Titan has gotten. I can understand why though. I love titans. They're my first born.

Seil

Yeah, wasn't that in the Hot Fix notes?

The hotfix mentioned relocating certain chests, because there was an exploit(for which the method has been around since vanilla) where, if you open a chest, get to another zone(name change) and get back before it despawns, you can open it again. Indefinitely, or at least until someone else joins the map and causes it to fix itself. There was at least one chest that was in a perfect position for this in The Mausoleum.

I'm unaware of any just, general changes to chests though.

Edit: Of course maybe what they were doing was this exploit in which case, yeah hotfix notes mentioned it lol. Though farming them with a normal chest route isn't all that bad, especially for a Nightstalker. Not fun, but not horrible.

GlamFM

Banned
If only the guy who made this thing had designed all of the raid gear :(

2931802-destinytelesto2.jpg

People on reddit are saying that they earned 100 coins a week. . how. . wtf. I am coin poor right now at 200 and I do not want to go under.

noomi

If only the guy who made this thing designed all of the raid gear :(

2931802-destinytelesto2.jpg

Oh god... look how fucking sexy that thing looks.

Makes me wonder how amazing Destiny would look on PC with ultra textures, 60FPS, and proper anti aliasing.

hnnnnngggg

MrDaravon

Well I finally got my MIDA...through the Legacy engram lol. I just woke up so this is probably hours-old news, but the Legacy engram does seem to be very very good about prioritizing stuff you didn't have. I was missing 3 out of 11 primary Y1 weapons, I bought 3 engrams and it decrypted into the 3 I didn't have.

People on reddit are saying that they earned 100 coins a week. . how. . wtf. I am coin poor right now at 200 and I do not want to go under.

You get a ton from playing, they seem to pop in patrol chests all the time, engrams, faction levels etc. Last week when Xur left I was down to about 65 coins. Right now I have about 200, and I didn't even play as much as I would have liked this week.

deafmedal

Alright, I'm gonna spam this shit all day for exposure...
Need 2 guardians for a blind raid attempt this evening at 7:30 CST! PM if interested as I actually have to work at errr, work and cannot keep up with this thread :)

1. deafmedal
2. ori0n378e
3. RadicalVelocity
4. Palmer_v1
5. ???
6. ???

Don't be shy, reply!

Reposting for exposure :)

faer0n

As being someone new to Destiny (got the legendary edition), not sure what to do currently. Beat the base story, and then I also did the House of Wolves content, now I've got two raids unlocked and I'm level 28, which means the Taken King stuff unlocked as well. Not sure how easy it would be to find people to do the first raid, or I should opt for Taken King solo content for a little bit.
You shouldn't try the raid before your light level is 290+. Just do the story missions and tty some strikes. They habe matchmaking

LiK

I want Cabal armor. I want fat armor.

Coins drop everywhere now. You can even get them from decrypting Blues. I have 49 from just playing in the past week

Well I finally got my MIDA...through the Legacy engram lol. I just woke up so this is probably hours-old news, but the Legacy engram does seem to be very very good about prioritizing stuff you didn't have. I was missing 3 out of 11 primary Y1 weapons, I bought 3 engrams and it decrypted into the 3 I didn't have.

I want the legacy Alpha Lupi chest for titan. . even though I have the Y2 version.

Top Bottom