• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Volcynika

You shouldn't try the raid before your light level is 290+. Just do the story missions and tty some strikes. They habe matchmaking

Well I was more only referring to do Vault of Glass raid if anything. The Taken King story content (not the raid bit) unlocked at level 25, so not sure how solo friendly it is.

darthbob

I want Cabal armor. I want fat armor.

One of those Cabal helmets would look sick on a Titan.

OP35Nx5.jpg

Ambitious

Another remix of a strike I've never seen before. In that one big room with the two floors during the Psion Flayers strike (the one with the second door for Ghost to open), three Cyclopses were waiting for me.

LiK

Well I finally got my MIDA...through the Legacy engram lol. I just woke up so this is probably hours-old news, but the Legacy engram does seem to be very very good about prioritizing stuff you didn't have. I was missing 3 out of 11 primary Y1 weapons, I bought 3 engrams and it decrypted into the 3 I didn't have.

huh, I wonder if that's why it costs a whopping 31 coins to buy. a good way to complete the collection.

i used to like Hawkmoon, I'd even like to engrave my 92FS Vertec Inox with feathers so I can play IRL make believe, but I think I'll save my coins. Actually, that's a lie since I'll be buying more 3oCs :p

Alright, I'm gonna spam this shit all day for exposure...
Need 2 guardians for a blind raid attempt this evening at 7:30 CST! PM if interested as I actually have to work at errr, work and cannot keep up with this thread :)

1. deafmedal
2. ori0n378e
3. RadicalVelocity
4. Palmer_v1
5. ???
6. ???

Don't be shy, reply!

I'll be down. psn: mostwantedzero.

EDIT: also a friend of mine, also a gaffer psn: Beast-Legacy

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh god, doing a Flawless Kings Fall Raid next Saturday.

I am.... kind of... prepared for this.

Honestly after going through it a few times now, I would think it'd be the easier flawless run out of the 3 raids. No hard jumps and straightforward bosses. And less bugs.

This is my dilemma as well, going to start buying year 2 exotics from the vendor today.

Nothing I want from any of the other vendors.

Spend them on materials?, its what I do. I aint about that farming mars for relic iron life anymore.

yep, I bitched about that hard when they announced the cap won't be increased. it basically prevents people from hoarding if they don't feel like wasting it on stuff they don't really want.

Relic Iron is the answer.

Planetary mats? I have 1000+ of each, have to delete some every week to make space.

Already have all blueprints from the kiosk so nothing to spend marks on.

Waldini

huh, I wonder if that's why it costs a whopping 31 coins to buy. a good way to complete the collection.

Yep! I believe the Weekly update after TTK got released DeeJ explained that the Legacy Exotics would "strongly" decrypt into the Exotics missing from your Kiosk.

Definity

3 more fragments then I can move on to the fear embrace mission for the ToM weapon. I've got the charged rune ready to go for one of the fragments and the other two are in strikes.

in that case I would just buy the gauntlets. Reason being is that the engram could end up as an item for another class. and even with 280 gauntlets you will be able to infuse high stat blue or unwanted 290+ exotics to make the defense higher.

Hope that helps.

It helps!
And its what I did.
Thanks!

I really hate the fact that the Raid gear is 300+ Light only.

Why?

Well ... for starters, the Raid Gear looks like crap. Never liked the Hive gear. Second, you can only run the Raid once per character and even then it's still not 100% sure you get every piece of armor.

O great! You got a 305 weapon. O? The one you have currently is 299. INFUSE TIME! Result? 301 weapon.

Again, House of Wolves was great for upgrading old gear. Hell, even VoG/Crota gear become relevant again.

Shame that Bungie didn't do more with VoG/Crota armor. I would've been pretty happy where you would go on a Quest and gather an item that could upgrade/infuse your old Raid Gear. I still have VoG/Crota/ToO gear on all my characters. Can't say goodbye just yet.

I don't like the hive armor from ce or kf, but luckily this time around I can infuse it into gear that doesn't look like crap. Just need a couple sets of it so I can have a set to wear while I do the raid and no where else.

oSoLucky

Looking to finish up the raid on both my alts. I have the final boss CP on my Hunter and the 2nd boss on my Titan. Willing to go fresh either way. Both characters at ~297-299. Hit me up on PSN - KC_Darkness. I only read the OT so often, too much farming for the void sword quest.

darknil

I hit 291 light yesterday, had a couple of lucky decryptions that helped. Now I can look for raid groups again!

One question of ToC, if you die with the buff on before you kill the ultra, does it maintain it? I want to know if the "expected" way to use it was at the beginning of the strike or moments before killing the boss.

Also, NF is also 3 strikes with rewards, right?

hiryu

Any playstation raids going on today around 1:00 EST? I'm only working half a day today and would like to do a raid when I get home. Checking here before I head to destinylfg.

Waldini

I don't like the hive armor from ce or kf, but luckily this time around I can infuse it into gear that doesn't look like crap. Just need a couple sets of it so I can have a set to wear while I do the raid and no where else.

... and this was my point.

You need a couple of sets. That'll be several weeks. Unless you infuse gear from other chars offcourse.

Ok so for tonights raid we have the following people;

01: MandrakeUK
02: Friend
03: Duebrithil
04: MrS
05: Gunawi
06: You??

Need one more. If there any changes to guys above, please let me know.

For Saturday I have combined with JayHayabussa;

After a few weeks (2 months really) with family visiting, traveling, vacation and life, I will be looking to tackle Oryx tomorrow.

Experienced players and newcomers are welcome. It will be a fresh run.

We' ll need 3 players. DGaffers Mindlog and Cilonen are already in.

We start Saturday around 8pm Paris time - 7pm UK - 2pm East Coast.

Please fill in your name - light level and whether this is your first time or not. No requirements really, just so we know the group composition.

King's Fall Raid - 8pm CET - Full run

1. Mindlog - 299 - Experienced Oryx Raider
2. Cilonen - 293 - First time Oryx Raider
3. Jayforone - 296 - First time Oryx Raider (that's me :))
4. MandrakeUK - 297
5. Icyturds - 296 (might be higher now)

Please quote me and fill in your name. Or you can PM me and I ll add the first three tonight and make a new post with the full team.

Tovarisc

If only the guy who made this thing had designed all of the raid gear :(

2931802-destinytelesto2.jpg

I think more organic look of raid weapons (tissue, bone...) fits theme of the Hive well, at least a lot better than tacky stuff they made as loot for Crota's End. That was some lazy ass design right there. I expect Cabal raid [surprised if next DLC isn't about them] to drop loot that is a lot more practical looking and simple, militaristic design.

That said Telesto is pure sex, from looks to using it. Burns through void shield and then deals direct HP damage via explosions.

faer0n

Well I was more only referring to do Vault of Glass raid if anything. The Taken King story content (not the raid bit) unlocked at level 25, so not sure how solo friendly it is.
I played the first few ttk missions solo at 26. it's OK. Nothing too difficult

Menome

Reposting:

Is there now no way to change the difficulty of a strike? I want to solo Devil's Lair for a class-mission and the Hard Mode option isn't there any more.

The only reason I want the raid armor set are the perks to help with the raid itself. When I start running the raid on repeat I will use the armor to infuse other stuff with.

LiK

Yep! I believe the Weekly update after TTK got released DeeJ explained that the Legacy Exotics would "strongly" decrypt into the Exotics missing from your Kiosk.

ah, that's pretty cool. if I had a huge amount of coins, I would go for it.

What's the best way to make glimmer post-2.0?

I have like 500 glimmer from upgrading guns and need 10k+ to place my Armsday orders by tomorrow.

ocean

Banned
Nah,it was needed and a mistake for the longest time to make some of them outperform scout rifles.
Hand cannons should have never ended in the state they were at.
I loved using my hawkmoon in the crucible just as much as the next guy, but allowing the hardest hitting primary class to have that much range was just bullshit.
That's why I said accuracy. The damage drop off at range was necessary. Glitches like a Hawkmoon 1 shot or TLW hipfire bonus proc on ADS had to be fixed. Thorn's DoT had to be reworked so it couldn't double tap. All of this was necessary.

But the hit to accuracy was not, and it was too much. Using a Hand Cannon now just isn't fun. Whether in PvE or PvP, it's not an issue of ranged damage being less - that needed fixing. It's a matter of not being able to consistently hit your targets. You'll miss so many crits.

Basically there are exactly zero scenarios where these things are optimal. At long range you want a Scout. At medium range you want a Pulse (though Pulse Rifles are still waaay too effective at long range in the Crucible). Close up, between the larger mag and general inability to consistently crit, an Auto Rifle is a better choice (or just your Special).

I'm not arguing HCs should have remained untouched. But now I can't hipfire a Thrall point blank, and I'll miss crits on ADS in situation where I really shouldn't.

Making a weapon less effective by messing with its range and damage output is one thing. Making it less accurate? That just makes them less fun. Hand Cannons were my favorite weapon class, and I know full well they needed tweaking. But the end result has been killing them off and it's made the game less fun for me.

Luckily there's still a lot to do, but a Crucible where I can't take out a Hand Cannon is not a place I'll be visiting daily. Even a Strike or something I feel I'm being basically forced to use a Scout or Pulse or else handicap myself with missed crits and constant reloading (result: I'm not playing Strikes at all, not even Heroic for Marks. Just isn't fun).

I truly hope they don't leave this as is for half a year like they did with ARs.

MrMuscle

Wish legendary marks weren't capped to 200. Every second day I'm capped and don't know what to spend them on.

If you are capped and not having anything in particular to buy then why not just buy an engram from the cryptarch? At least you wouldnt feel like the mark you earn will go completely to waste.

OK, I´ve seen basically everything now and I have made up my mind.

The Taken King is FANTASTIC and Destiny has a bright future.

The only thing I HATE and that´s a big one:

The raid loot fucking sucks.

Way to randomized in perks and stats and unbelievably ugly.

You just will never get a "OH MY GOD I GOT A FATEBRINGER" moment with this stuff.

The only thing it does for you is to push your light level, it will most likely be used as infusion fuel to push better performing and better looking gear.

That´s a shame.

The only thing I´m going for in this raid is a number - not an item.

Raid gear has to be locked to a LL and to certain perks IMO. It has to be almost as special as exotic gear and it has to look hot.

They had it right with the Vault. They´ve struggled ever since.

The only set that has or had what I´m looking for was the trials set.

Very desirable stat and perk wise and OH BOY did it look amazing.

tl;dr: I want better raid loot in the future. TTK is awesome.
You may be out of luck with the armor, but we can't be sure yet. But think normal mode VoG, who got excited over that auto or pulse rifle?

No reason to think hard mode won't have better weapons and possibly armor.

JayHayabusa

That was QUICK.
The list is full for tomorrow's raid.

After a few weeks (2 months really) with family visiting, traveling, vacation and life, I will be looking to tackle Oryx tomorrow.

Experienced players and newcomers are welcome. It will be a fresh run.

We' ll need 3 players. DGaffers Mindlog and Cilonen are already in.

We start Saturday around 8pm Paris time - 7pm UK - 2pm East Coast.

Please fill in your name - light level and whether this is your first time or not. No requirements really, just so we know the group composition.

King's Fall Raid - 8pm CET - Full run

1. Mindlog - 299 - Experienced Oryx Raider
2. Cilonen - 293 - First time Oryx Raider
3. Jayforone - 296 - First time Oryx Raider (that's me :))
4. MandrakeUK - 297
5. Icyturds - 296 (might be higher now)
6. Mr-Stephen - 296 - First time Oryx raider

I'll put up a post tomorrow during the day. Can you guys add me on PSN: jayforone.

Being productive at work :)

MrDaravon

Holy shit I just had like the best match of my Destiny life I think

qYctDto.jpg

I know most people here are super hardcore elite at PvP who scoff at not having 100 Rumble wins, but this was my 2nd Rumble win of ALL TIME. I was practically shaking at the end. Then the game shits on me by being the only player who didn't get anything lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's why I said accuracy. The damage drop off at range was necessary. Glitches like a Hawkmoon 1 shot or TLW hipfire bonus proc on ADS had to be fixed. Thorn's DoT had to be reworked so it couldn't double tap. All of this was necessary.

But the hit to accuracy was not, and it was too much. Using a Hand Cannon now just isn't fun. Whether in PvE or PvP, it's not an issue of ranged damage being less - that needed fixing. It's a matter of not being able to consistently hit your targets. You'll miss so many crits.

Basically there are exactly zero scenarios where these things are optimal. At long range you want a Scout. At medium range you want a Pulse (though Pulse Rifles are still waaay too effective at long range in the Crucible). Close up, between the larger mag and general inability to consistently crit, an Auto Rifle is a better choice (or just your Special).

I'm not arguing HCs should have remained untouched. But now I can't hipfire a Thrall point blank, and I'll miss crits on ADS in situation where I really shouldn't.

Making a weapon less effective by messing with its range and damage output is one thing. Making it less accurate? That just makes them less fun. Hand Cannons were my favorite weapon class, and I know full well they needed tweaking. But the end result has been killing them off and it's made the game less fun for me.

Luckily there's still a lot to do, but a Crucible where I can't take out a Hand Cannon is not a place I'll be visiting daily. Even a Strike or something I feel I'm being basically forced to use a Scout or Pulse or else handicap myself with missed crits and constant reloading (result: I'm not playing Strikes at all, not even Heroic for Marks. Just isn't fun).

I truly hope they don't leave this as is for half a year like they did with ARs.

As someone who still uses a hand cannon often in both PvE and PvP, I think you're overstating it a bit. They are still effective and far from being killed off.

Menome

I think its still there.
But strikes got matchmaking?

I could have sworn that back in the day, Hard Mode turned off Matchmaking? Can't be doing with randoms getting in the way of me having to get a set number of kills with my Super, or me being in the way of someone trying to just blitz through it.

LiK

So...hawkmoon? I have the blueprint though. I can't decide if I'd rather spend coins on it or marks.

I'm just gonna buy it. marks are so much more important than coins these days. infusing, y2 exotics from blueprints, planet mats, faction gear etc

Voror

Got the mission to get the sword finally and now need to see about gathering flakes. Is there aa general recommendation on what sword to go with or are all viable?

Top Bottom