• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

void666

Banned
I think more organic look of raid weapons (tissue, bone...) fits theme of the Hive well, at least a lot better than tacky stuff they made as loot for Crota's End. That was some lazy ass design right there. I expect Cabal raid [surprised if next DLC isn't about them] to drop loot that is a lot more practical looking and simple, militaristic design.

That said Telesto is pure sex, from looks to using it. Burns through void shield and then deals direct HP damage via explosions.

Well, that leaked image had a vex themed dlc after the comet expansion (TTK).

By the way i think plague of darkness sounded way better than taken king.

Anyway i want a cabal dlc more than a vex one. We need to see more of the cabal empire.
Specially after what they did in the dreadnaught. They are desperate.

Bungie could also do some vehicle overhaul. I've been playing the halo games lately and the vehicle segments are so much fun.

LiK

i'll take Dust Palace over that shitty strike on Venus where you need to carry the multiple relics throughout the ENTIRE damn level. took too long and was super hard especially on Heroic. That boss was fucking insane with the adds. Like a worst version of Undying Mind. Awful.

X-Frame

190 Marks and think I'm going to just buy Red Death Year 2.

I was considering Thunderlord but I already have a 296 machine gun. Is Thunderlord good in the raid or PvE in general now?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I was considering Thunderlord but I already have a 296 machine gun. Is Thunderlord good in the raid or PvE in general now?

It's always good but imo not worth exotic slot

ocean

Banned
As someone who still uses a hand cannon often in both PvE and PvP, I think you're overstating it a bit. They are still effective and far from being killed off.
I still use them, but I do so knowing full well it's a handicap. I go into Crucible with Hawkmoon for example and I know I have a *chance* at a 2 Headahot kill. Or I can use Messenger and get a guaranteed two headshot kill with better range and less recoil.

Reposting:

Is there now no way to change the difficulty of a strike? I want to solo Devil's Lair for a class-mission and the Hard Mode option isn't there any more.

I don't remember there being difficulty options when you select a strike from the Director before...?

deafmedal

I'll be down. psn: mostwantedzero.

EDIT: also a friend of mine, also a gaffer psn: Beast-Legacy
And this will fill us up :)

Alright, I'm gonna spam this shit all day for exposure...
Need 2 guardians for a blind raid attempt this evening at 7:30 CST! PM if interested as I actually have to work at errr, work and cannot keep up with this thread :)

1. deafmedal
2. ori0n378e
3. RadicalVelocity
4. Palmer_v1
5. MostWantedZero
6. Beast-Legacy

Will send FR to those I don't already have later. Probably wouldn't hurt to have an alt or two, PM if interested! See y'all later :)

Sullichin

I still use them, but I do so knowing full well it's a handicap. I go into Crucible with Hawkmoon for example and I know I have a *chance* at a 2 Headahot kill. Or I can use Messenger and get a guaranteed two headshot kill with better range and less recoil.

Hawkmoon and The Last Word used to feel so good to shoot. Like, best feeling weapon in any first person shooter tier for me. They feel kinda cumbersome now. It's a shame.

Tovarisc

Anyway i want a cabal dlc more than a vex one. We need to see more of the cabal empire.
Specially after what they did in the dreadnaught. They are desperate.

I'm not sure I would say Cabal was acting out of desperation or fear. After all Cabal presence in our solar system is small [small from Cabal perspective] recon team while their main fleet is somewhat away from us, but heading our way. Them reacting to arrival of Oryx and Dreadnought might have been just tactical move where they tried to eliminate largest threat to their main fleet before it arrives. They even sent data back to Empire, to home.

They are race that wipe out planets, moons and maybe even suns just for getting in their way, I don't think they would care if they took out 50+ percent of our solar system along with Dreadnought if it meant that main fleet can continue expansion of Empire.

I know one of the signals we get to "read" is distress signal, but that is right at the beginning of TTK campaign which to me says Oryx just caught Cabal by surprise throwing them off the balance for a while.

LiK

They drop everywhere but ranking up a faction is guaranteed 5 Motes + 5 Coins. Check if you're close, that's the only non random source I know.

so good, I offer 5 motes for the faction when I'm close and get it back immediately.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Thunderlord was the first exotic I bought from the blueprint machine and I don't regret it.

ocean

Banned
Reposting:

Is there now no way to change the difficulty of a strike? I want to solo Devil's Lair for a class-mission and the Hard Mode option isn't there any more.
Unless it's the Nightfall it will always have matchmaking. Strikes are only available in harder difficulties when played through a Vanguard Playlist. From the Director it's always the base level one.

noomi

I'm thinking forward to Trials and Iron Banner....

Some people will have 280 weapons, some will have 290, some will have 300+ weapons. I wonder how they will deal with this to keep it fair.

Right now the only way to get weapons of 290+ light is to raid, and I know not everyone is able to. Some people just strictly do crucible...

DjRalford

Gog 5 of the 10 mats for the arc sword in two hours. Fucking hell this is taking too long.

The ghost was a godsend for me, for solar sword I used a helium Ghost to detect filaments, And set my Sunbreaker to melee kills instantly recharge melee and just ran in a circle on the moon collecting everything my Ghost detected and punching everything in the face.

I got my 10th after just over an hour and spend 10 minutes finishing off the ability kills.

hitlerat

Yesterday I found 2 fireteam fighiting Court of Oryx and stayed there with than...
I played about 15 events there (5 mini crotas) ,.. I never used any rune...
But I did not receive any rune or legendary itens... Only blues...
Is that right? Am I doing something wrong?

ty

Yesterday I found 2 fireteam fighiting Court of Oryx and stayed there with than...
I played about 15 events there (5 mini crotas) ,.. I never used any rune...
But I did not receive any rune or legendary itens... Only blues...
Is that right? Am I doing something wrong?

ty

If it ain't your rune it's all RNG whether you get something illing.

PuMa

Planetary mats? I have 1000+ of each, have to delete some every week to make space.

Already have all blueprints from the kiosk so nothing to spend marks on.

For some reason, almost everything I have requires Relic Iron. So I'm out of that and have a ton of everything else.

Skyburner's Annex exotic helm for Hunters is basically a Cabal helm with a Taken-like shader.

hqdefault.jpg

Can't find a pic right now but I think the boss at the end of Outbound Signal has the same design helm.

I need to farm some more exotic engrams today and get some 310 items. Don't even care if they're dupes, just want some infusion fuel for alts.

EL CUCO

So I still don't have a good Y2 shotgun, but I'm thinking about grabbing that DO scout.

My primary game is already pretty strong, should I still grab the Hung Jury, or grab a decent shotgun?

purg3

slept with Malkin

Some people will have 280 weapons, some will have 290, some will have 300+ weapons. I wonder how they will deal with this to keep it fair.

Right now the only way to get weapons of 290+ light is to raid, and I know not everyone is able to. Some people just strictly do crucible...

I've had 290-8 blues, and I don't think the gap between say 290-310 is going to be huge. But you never know, I'm curious to see how it plays out.

SheHateMe

So, I've been rolling this idea around in my head and I wanted some feedback. Please don't hurt me for what I'm about to say, however...

I've NEVER pledged for a faction. Not one time. All of my factions are at zero. (I held out hope that the Queen would've had her own faction, but my hopes were dashed.)

Outside of looks (trying to decide between Dead Orbit and New Monarchy), what's another deciding factor in choosing a faction? I think I'll run one tonight when I get home from work, just want to max out my pledging.

ocean

Banned
Planetary mats? I have 1000+ of each, have to delete some every week to make space.

Already have all blueprints from the kiosk so nothing to spend marks on.
Y2 upgrades
DO Scout
Vanguard Sniper
FWC HC + RL

Once you have all this, Marks go back to being perpetually capped like they always are some weeks after each expansion. I'm still missing the FWC stuff.

That was QUICK.
The list is full for tomorrow's raid.

After a few weeks (2 months really) with family visiting, traveling, vacation and life, I will be looking to tackle Oryx tomorrow.

Experienced players and newcomers are welcome. It will be a fresh run.

We' ll need 3 players. DGaffers Mindlog and Cilonen are already in.

We start Saturday around 8pm Paris time - 7pm UK - 2pm East Coast.

Please fill in your name - light level and whether this is your first time or not. No requirements really, just so we know the group composition.

King's Fall Raid - 8pm CET - Full run

1. Mindlog - 299 - Experienced Oryx Raider
2. Cilonen - 293 - First time Oryx Raider
3. Jayforone - 296 - First time Oryx Raider (that's me :))
4. MandrakeUK - 297
5. Icyturds - 296 (might be higher now)
6. Mr-Stephen - 296 - First time Oryx raider

I'll put up a post tomorrow during the day. Can you guys add me on PSN: jayforone.

Being productive at work :)

Great, will add you as soon as I get home.

Working on getting my void and solar exotic swords. Warlock has the arc. For people with void and solar what exotic slot on the kiosk does your sword take? Mine takes the one far to the right. I am just curious if the remaining two are filled by the other swords...

Namikaze1

The ghost was a godsend for me, for solar sword I used a helium Ghost to detect filaments, And set my Sunbreaker to melee kills instantly recharge melee and just ran in a circle on the moon collecting everything my Ghost detected and punching everything in the face.

I got my 10th after just over an hour and spend 10 minutes finishing off the ability kills.
Helium farming is the easiest. It's the freaking spinmetal I'm doing right now. I'm in forgotten shores and have spinmetal popping up left and right. It just won't drop the damn thing I need.

deadduck

Maybe, just maybe the game should encourage them to do other stuff.

I'd like to see a noticeable difference in light level to make old weapons completly unusable. If people are still running around with fellwinters and Thorn it'll be pointless.

MrDaravon

So I just bought the Dead Orbit Scout Rifle to finally check this shit out, what other noteworthy faction gear is there? IIRC the only things I've seen people mention are this, and I think the FWC Hand Cannon and Rocket Launcher?

So how does the weekly PvP quest chain work? I still have the 5 elimination wins in my quest inventory from last week. If I complete it, will I receive the "Nightfall-esque" rewards, or was it nullified on reset day and I'm supposed to start over?

Top Bottom