• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DjRalford

Maybe, just maybe the game should encourage them to do other stuff.

I'd like to see a noticeable difference in light level to make old weapons completly unusable. If people are still running around with fellwinters and Thorn it'll be pointless.

You watch, It'll be iron banner mayhem clash, so weapons won't matter

Tovarisc

So I just bought the Dead Orbit Scout Rifle to finally check this shit out, what other noteworthy faction gear is there? IIRC the only things I've seen people mention are this, and I think the FWC Hand Cannon and Rocket Launcher?

New Monarchy, shotgun

Future War Cult, rocket launcher

Far out. Echo chamber on heroic was legitimately challenging. First time ever doing it probably didn't help, not sure if I was missing a mechanic or is the boss fight really that slow/drawn out? Took forever.

It's slow and drawn out by design. You can do it faster if your fireteam can unload sickening amounts of DPS into boss between orb movement transitions.

Far out. Echo chamber on heroic was legitimately challenging. First time ever doing it probably didn't help, not sure if I was missing a mechanic or is the boss fight really that slow/drawn out? Took forever.

DNAbro

So how does the weekly PvP quest chain work? I still have the 5 elimination wins in my quest inventory from last week. If I complete it, will I receive the "Nightfall-esque" rewards, or was it nullified on reset day and I'm supposed to start over?

the quest chain doesn't give the nightfall-esque rewards. Completing all the quests unlocks Shaxx bounties which those give the nightfall rewards.

ocean

Banned
Working on getting my void and solar exotic swords. Warlock has the arc. For people with void and solar what exotic slot on the kiosk does your sword take? Mine takes the one far to the right. I am just curious if the remaining two are filled by the other swords...
So apparently, people are saying this works:

You already completed the Exotic Void sword on one character. You get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on your other characters. You transfer them to the character who already completed one Exotic - whoever completed the Void quest.

It is on this character - the one who has completed the full quest - that you'll infuse the Arc and Solar past 280 + unlock the last upgrade. Apparently, this will let you skip the Majors/PvP step entirely since the game already accounts for that quest being done, and sends you straight to the "farm a lot of shit" step.

Is it weird that I don't have a lot of desire to run the raid right now? I worked my dang off to get to 290 but I feel like I'd rather go through more quests, level up other alts, try for more exotics in strikes than bang my head against the wall of content I'm kind of just not good enough for yet.

I'm just not a currently reliable source of DPS right now, and it's nothing to do with my weapons. It's just a lack of, I guess, "thumbskill". I always shoot around a target before I land a shot on it, then I run out of the clip too soon.

I feel like I just want to practice and get better before throwing myself into the big pool.

Thoughts?

purg3

slept with Malkin

You already completed the Exotic Void sword on one character. You get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on your other characters. You transfer them to the character who already completed one Exotic - whoever completed the Void quest.

It is on this character - the one who has completed the full quest - that you'll infuse the Arc and Solar past 280 + unlock the last upgrade. Apparently, this will let you skip the Majors/PvP step entirely since the game already accounts for that quest being done, and sends you straight to the "farm a lot of shit" step.

Yeah it works, I think goth did this on his stream actually.

If you are capped and not having anything in particular to buy then why not just buy an engram from the cryptarch? At least you wouldnt feel like the mark you earn will go completely to waste.

haha you serious? cryptretard is back to his trolling ways with his legendary engrams, they're nothing but trash

Tovarisc

Is it weird that I don't have a lot of desire to run the raid right now? I worked my dang off to get to 290 but I feel like I'd rather go through more quests, level up other alts, try for more exotics in strikes than bang my head against the wall of content I'm kind of just not good enough for yet.

I'm just not a currently reliable source of DPS right now, and it's nothing to do with my weapons. It's just a lack of, I guess, "thumbskill". I always shoot around a target before I land a shot on it, then I run out of the clip too soon.

I feel like I just want to practice and get better before throwing myself into the big pool.

Thoughts?

If you feel unsure about your target finding and hitting + jumping skills definitely practice those until you personally feel confident in your skills. Most likely you would already be okay in raid, but if you personally feel unsure about your performance it will suck fun out of experience.

imo

Y2 upgrades
DO Scout
Vanguard Sniper
FWC HC + RL

Once you have all this, Marks go back to being perpetually capped like they always are some weeks after each expansion. I'm still missing the FWC stuff.

Do scout and 1000 yard stare were literally my first couple of legendary drops on day one.

Thoughts?

have you tried the different gun types? Maybe try using a hand cannon and/or scout rifle for a bit as they really encourage headshots so you can get some practice?

ocean

Banned

Thoughts?
This raid is extremely demanding in terms of concentration and coordination, as well as good gear. But as long as you're 295ish and have a good, well leveled Sniper, you don't need to be a pro mode quick scoping crit machine. The boss DPS you deal will generally be against huge stationary crit spots. If you don't do damage it isn't because you're missing shots, it's probably because you're in the wrong place or getting there late.

Everything is on a fixed timer. Your team will have to perform consistently, like clockwork, along the assigned roles. But there's no role which requires particularly high gunskill, it's all team coordination and remembering positions and timers.

But the whole point is to have fun. If you don't feel like doing it now, there's no rush. There will be people playing this every weeks for months to come.

Menome

Unless it's the Nightfall it will always have matchmaking. Strikes are only available in harder difficulties when played through a Vanguard Playlist. From the Director it's always the base level one.

Damn it, I'm misremembering then. Will have to just try my luck on that Venus strike with a bunch of yellows before the end.

Seriously? I actually don't mind doing the 50 majors / 25 pvp kills but that farming part is downright unbearable.

ocean

Banned
Do scout and 1000 yard stare were literally my first couple of legendary drops on day one.
Mine too! But my original DO scout had less than stellar perks. It's 298 but I'll replace it with the Vendor roll. Same with the Stare. I need that Triple Tap in my life, my roll is meh. Now just have to infuse these purchases to a usable level.

E92 M3

Well it was a glitch/exploit to begin with.

Yeah, wasn't that in the Hot Fix notes?

How was it a glitch, though? Just like any other material farm it was about looping an area. What am I supposed to do? That already took a half hour.

It honestly makes no sense why they made Hadium Flakes so difficult to find now and completely goes against quality of life that they are pushing.

Hadium Flakes business is the most annoying part of TTK.

This raid is extremely demanding in terms of concentration and coordination, as well as good gear. But as long as you're 295ish and have a good, well leveled Sniper, you don't need to be a pro mode quick scoping crit machine. The boss DPS you deal will generally be against huge stationary crit spots. If you don't do damage it isn't because you're missing shots, it's probably because you're in the wrong place or getting there late.

Everything is on a fixed timer. Your team will have to perform consistently, like clockwork, along the assigned roles. But there's no role which requires particularly high gunskill, it's all team coordination and remembering positions and timers.

But the whole point is to have fun. If you don't feel like doing it now, there's no rush. There will be people playing this every weeks for months to come.

Good to know, thanks. I think that stationary bit eases my fears. :)

ocean

Banned
Seriously? I actually don't mind doing the 50 majors / 25 pvp kills but that farming part is downright unbearable.
That's where I'm stuck at. I have zero plans of doing it tbh. I'll get all 3 swords up to that step and just leave that hanging.

Spending hours on Patrol farming? lol not a chance. Like, absolutely no chance I'll do that. It's not fun.

Just starting th "Entropys Pinnacle" mission if someone was willing to jump in and help with the boss. Was a pain in the ass when I did it on Xbox.

PSN: tp_Drewz. Just add if you are bored and willing to help.

Tovarisc

How was it a glitch, though? Just like any other material farm it was about looping an area. What am I supposed to do? That already took a half hour.

I think glitch they are referring to was leaving the zone and coming back, it refreshed instance and respawned chests. A lots of people used it to power farm that stuff fast.

The past 3 days have been very productive doing a bunch of stuff. Very fun too. The raid is great but the next time I run it I wanna change "roles" on
golgoroth, sisters and oryx
fights, to I become more aware of the encounters.

On golgoroth I was on clearing cursed thrall duty (stormcaller is perfect for this), sisters I was on P1 and oryx I was roaming helping everybody with Ogres.

How're the 3oC working today

It's still very effective but you can't "farm" anymore. I like it this way.

DNAbro

Haven't heard anybody talk about it but I absolutely LOVE the DO auto rifle Paleocontact JPK-43.

Mine has Lightweight, Battle Runner, and Counterbalance. I'm a fucking speed demon with this thing. Was my main weapon for dealing with adds in the raid and i'm pretty damn good with it in the Crucible as well.

Tecnniqe

Banned

It honestly makes no sense why they made Hadium Flakes so difficult to find now and completely goes against quality of life that they are pushing.

They changed the spawns because people abused the loop system enter/exit zone thing.

E92 M3

I think glitch they are referring to was leaving the zone and coming back, it refreshed instance and respawned chests. A lots of people used it to power farm that stuff fast.

I'm talking about just looping around the breach checking the rooms. Never did the respawn glitch and regret it highly.

They changed the spawns because people abused the loop system enter/exit zone thing.

Okay, so what's the new solution now? Like I said before, never did the exiting entering zones thing.

Deku Tree

I just infused a 310 Hawkmoon into my raid scout rifle to bring it to 308. Then I infused a 310 Starfire protocol dup into my raid chest piece to make it 310.

Then I dismantled over 1000 planetary materials because wanted the space.... Still have a overwhelmingly massive amount of them... I wish Bungie let you turn those in for rep...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So Is Light Beyond Nemesis worth a shit? It seems to be pretty niche.

Wallach

Spent some 3oC on Draksis to get an idea of how the hotfix works exactly.

On average you'll now spend about 12-13 3oC per engram when killing as fast as you could on something like Draksis. You'd be better off keeping the checkpoint and going back to kill Draksis every now and then if it's been more than ~5 minutes or so since your last Ultra kill.

I think I would have preferred they just put a hard cooldown on it, because there are situations in the game where 2 Ultra kills happen in quick succession and that proposition is now a straight value loss even though that isn't communicated well in-game.

ocean

Banned

You need 155 Hadium Flakes. Grand total. That's 3 Swords + Touch of Malice and its upgrades.

The Patrol grind for Exotic swords though...who the hell knows. Hundreds of nodes picked up by the time you have all 3. It's insane.

Top Bottom