• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Lnkn52

I just infused a 310 Hawkmoon into my raid scout rifle to bring it to 308. Then I infused a 310 Starfire protocol dup into my raid chest piece to make it 310.

Then I dismantled over 1000 planetary materials because wanted the space.... Still have a overwhelmingly massive amount of them... I wish Bungie let you turn those in for rep...

310 Hawkmoon? Where did you get that?

Edit: top of

giphy.gif

E92 M3

You need 155 Hadium Flakes. Grand total. That's 3 Swords + Touch of Malice and its upgrades.

The Patrol grind for Exotic swords though...who the hell knows. Hundreds of nodes picked up by the time you have all 3. It's insane.

Unfortunately, I dismantled my first sword and need to get another one. So need 10 flakes. Have no idea how to do it efficiently now lol

The patrol grind for exotic swords literally makes no sense. I thought bungie had evolved from this design mentality and it shows in a lot of aspects of TTK but then they just ask us to do the vanilla mat grind but a thousand times worse? Like who thought this was a good idea? Did the guy who designed it still thinks this is 2014? Im just baffled, honestly. This quest shouldnt exist in the game.

Deku Tree

310 Hawkmoon? Where did you get that?

Edit: top of

giphy.gif

If your light level is 300 or 301 or higher, then decrypting exotic engrams has a chance to give you a 310 exotic. I did six engrams and I got three 310 exotics and three 290 exotics.

I am level 302 on my Warlock now.

Navy Bean

Unfortunately, I dismantled my first sword and need to get another one. So need 10 flakes. Have no idea how to do it efficiently now lol
IMO, the biggest misstep of TTK is that they added back in mindless mat farming. It is the absolute worst. Especially when there's so many other fun things they could have us do to complete quests...

Kyne

Sword Wings.
x2 Shadow No Jitsu Grasps.

Not sure what people are complaining about, good Xur day.

Also new Chvrches album. It's a good Friday all around.

GlamFM

Banned
I think more organic look of raid weapons (tissue, bone...) fits theme of the Hive well, at least a lot better than tacky stuff they made as loot for Crota's End. That was some lazy ass design right there. I expect Cabal raid [surprised if next DLC isn't about them] to drop loot that is a lot more practical looking and simple, militaristic design.

That said Telesto is pure sex, from looks to using it. Burns through void shield and then deals direct HP damage via explosions.

It is, but I´m shooting stuff in space and not in the jungle.

I want my stuff to look futuristic and not like it´s made out of bone by a cannibal tribe in the 17 hundreds.

I don´t think raid loot has to be themed at all. it doesn´t make sense anyway - Why would Oryx have a set of gloves with him at all time that fit me perfectly?

I stand by my statement - Oryx loot is garbage in every way. I´m chasing a number in this raid and not an item.

That´s very sad.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The patrol grind for exotic swords literally makes no sense. I thought bungie had evolved from this design mentality and it shows in a lot of aspects of TTK but then they just ask us to do the vanilla mat grind but a thousand times worse? Like who thought this was a good idea? Did the guy who designed it still thinks this is 2013? Im just baffled, honestly. This quest shouldnt exist in the game.

Yeah... I mean, there are better options for making people do patrols. They could literally have the quest step be like "complete 100 patrol beacons on X" and it would be better.

I just got to the farming stage, but at least I have a helium detecting ghost. Sigh.

E92 M3

The patrol grind for exotic swords literally makes no sense. I thought bungie had evolved from this design mentality and it shows in a lot of aspects of TTK but then they just ask us to do the vanilla mat grind but a thousand times worse? Like who thought this was a good idea? Did the guy who designed it still thinks this is 2014? Im just baffled, honestly. This quest shouldnt exist in the game.

IMO, the biggest misstep of TTK is that they added back in mindless mat farming. It is the absolute worst. Especially when there's so many other fun things they could have us do to complete quests...

Yep, there is probably that one guy at Bungie that just wants us to grind materials forever. I will be expecting a conversion for hadium flakes soon. Most likely in October.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm talking about just looping around the breach checking the rooms. Never did the respawn glitch and regret it highly.

Okay, so what's the new solution now? Like I said before, never did the exiting entering zones thing.

There is no solution to it. You just have to run around like a
dumbass
for hours looking for it.

Shito

It is, but I´m shooting stuff in space and not in the jungle.

I want my stuff to look futuristic and not like it´s made out of bone by a cannibal tribe in the 17 hundreds.

I don´t think raid loot has to be themed at all. it doesn´t make sense anyway - Why would Oryx have a set of gloves with him at all time that fit me perfectly?

I stand by my statement - Oryx loot is garbage in every way. I´m chasing a number in this raid and not an item.

That´s very sad.
Agreed.
Taken themed gear would have been so awesome... Let's only hope hard mode will bring a whole new set.

GlamFM

Banned
So I fell asleep early. I assume everyone has found secret 330 attack gjallarhorns by this point?

Yes, but the window to get it was super short and unfortunately it´s closed now.

It also has all 3 burns at the same time - should be very useful.

Bungie just tweetet that it will never show up again.

Agreed.
Taken themed gear would have been so awesome... Let's only hope hard mode will bring a whole new set.

It looks like it wont, just a different color and stats.

The patrol grind for exotic swords literally makes no sense. I thought bungie had evolved from this design mentality and it shows in a lot of aspects of TTK but then they just ask us to do the vanilla mat grind but a thousand times worse? Like who thought this was a good idea? Did the guy who designed it still thinks this is 2013? Im just baffled, honestly. This quest shouldnt exist in the game.

Have to get value out of those Ghost perks somehow!?

LkPr

Have the last 4 missing calcified fragments been found yet?

One of them was from the new CoO boss I believe...XLVII Apocalypse Remains

Edit: That may not be considered one of the 4 missing ones. The list I have from Reddit had 5 missing and this one I got from CoO last night and on my list it was "Undiscovered".

SheHateMe

So, I've been rolling this idea around in my head and I wanted some feedback. Please don't hurt me for what I'm about to say, however...

I've NEVER pledged for a faction. Not one time. All of my factions are at zero. (I held out hope that the Queen would've had her own faction, but my hopes were dashed.)

Outside of looks (trying to decide between Dead Orbit and New Monarchy), what's another deciding factor in choosing a faction? I think I'll run one tonight when I get home from work, just want to max out my pledging.

Asking one more time for new page... I think I get overlooked more often than not. LOL

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yup. It can be put in the primary slot too.

Yes, but the window to get it was super short and unfortunately it´s closed now.

It also has all 3 burns at the same time - should be very useful.

Bungie just tweetet that it will never show up again.
makes sense yeah, oh well.

Think I can get a bunch of stuff done today, hopefully get my Hunter to 300 and then get my other two classes raid ready and at least get their legendary swords.

So apparently, people are saying this works:

You already completed the Exotic Void sword on one character. You get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on your other characters. You transfer them to the character who already completed one Exotic - whoever completed the Void quest.

It is on this character - the one who has completed the full quest - that you'll infuse the Arc and Solar past 280 + unlock the last upgrade. Apparently, this will let you skip the Majors/PvP step entirely since the game already accounts for that quest being done, and sends you straight to the "farm a lot of shit" step.

Nice! Thanks for the tip Ocean!

I am already on the "farm a lot of shit" step on my void sword, but I will try this for my solar this weekend!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I won't embed the Gif incase people moan about spoilers but, after many many failed attempts Gongstation (hypermusic) finally made it to the end of the second jumping part then this happened

https://gifs.com/gif/vboO2N
Well thank you for doing so, I know that when I reached that section I was really glad it hadn't been spoiled for me. I was the one getting
punted into the chasm by the metal penis.
Hilarious

E92 M3

There is no solution to it. You just have to run around like a
dumbass
for hours looking for it.

Pretty much....sometimes Bungie frustrates me so much. I know they did this because flakes converted to moldering shards, but most of us have a ton of those as well.

Deku Tree

Can Destiny GAF KF Raid Vets comment on this Raid loot table from Reddit?

I'll list my drops or drops of friends and you guys can also contribute. I will update the thread as replies come in from you guys so we can get a solid list.

First chest : Shards, Antiquated rune

Second chest (hidden after ships) : Shards, Antiquated rune, Ghost(?)

Chest after totems: Ghost, Fusion rifle, Shards, Antiquated rune

War priest : Sniper, Machine gun, Rocket launcher, shards

Golgoroth maze chest : Shards, Antiquated rune

Golgoroth : Boots, Chest, Gloves, Shards

Piston jumping puzzle chest : Exotic armor or weapon (low chance), Antiquated rune,
Shards, Hadium flakes (?)

Daughters : Shotgun, Class items, Shards

Oryx : Primaries, Helm, Class items(?), Emblem, Shards, Exotic Weapons (low chance)

Drop from having 20 shards after oryx: one additional drop from any part of the raid (this consumes the 20 shards in your inventory and can be any raid drop including just one shard).

Antiquated runes may drop from any chest. They may drop from any boss, even if you have already done the raid on that character according to /u/OverlyCasualVillain. This is probably a separate roll from your main drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mbweo/loot_drop_table_for_kings_fall_raid_spoiler/

THX!

Sword Wings.
x2 Shadow No Jitsu Grasps.

Not sure what people are complaining about, good Xur day.

Also new Chvrches album. It's a good Friday all around.

I agree, great Xur day for me as well.

Lots of great music came out today. Phantogram and big boi colab album, Kurt Vile, and dead weather. Great Friday!

Top Bottom