• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

Finally! Now just need 39% for the second requirement. Will finish that tomorrow. Need to collect ten fucking things on my Warlock later.

Something needs to be done about AFKers in strikes. Seems worse than ever to me.

Yesterday one of randos on my fireteam during the Fallen Sabre strike helped us beat the Warsat part...then abandoned us to patrol Forgotten Shores. I followed him and kept waving cause I thought he was lost but no, he just kept wandering around shooting shit. Tried to two man the rest of the strike but no dice. I thought the game teleported players who were lagging behind to be with the fireteam but apparently not during that strike?

He eventually left and the game never brought us a 3rd to join.

Also, both my team members left during the Shield Brothers strike, one at the beginning, and then one at the tank part. Matchmaking with randoms for Heroic strikes is awful :( All I wanted was 2 more strikes to finish my DO faction quest.

Navy Bean

Finally ran the raid last night. The
Golgoroth
fight might be my favorite encounter in the game once we got the strat down. My role was
drawing his gaze
and it was a blast.

We stopped at
sisters
. Looking forward to completing today/tonight. Loot wise I got shards, shards, and more shards...Bungie pls.

Deku Tree

So apparently, people are saying this works:

You already completed the Exotic Void sword on one character. You get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on your other characters. You transfer them to the character who already completed one Exotic - whoever completed the Void quest.

It is on this character - the one who has completed the full quest - that you'll infuse the Arc and Solar past 280 + unlock the last upgrade. Apparently, this will let you skip the Majors/PvP step entirely since the game already accounts for that quest being done, and sends you straight to the "farm a lot of shit" step.

OMG this is what I am going to have to do! That PvP sword kills section was extremely painful with all these rocket launchers everywhere!

I only have one exotic sword and one legendary sword and for now I am saving my Hadium Flakes for the ToM quest.... otherwise I would grind for the other swords...

E92 M3

Can Destiny GAF KF Raid Vets comment on this Raid loot table from Reddit?

I'll list my drops or drops of friends and you guys can also contribute. I will update the thread as replies come in from you guys so we can get a solid list.

First chest : Shards, Antiquated rune

Second chest (hidden after ships) : Shards, Antiquated rune, Ghost(?)

Chest after totems: Ghost, Fusion rifle, Shards, Antiquated rune

War priest : Sniper, Machine gun, Rocket launcher, shards

Golgoroth maze chest : Shards, Antiquated rune

Golgoroth : Boots, Chest, Gloves, Shards

Piston jumping puzzle chest : Exotic armor or weapon (low chance), Antiquated rune,
Shards, Hadium flakes (?)

Daughters : Shotgun, Class items, Shards

Oryx : Primaries, Helm, Class items(?), Emblem, Shards, Exotic Weapons (low chance)

Drop from having 20 shards after oryx: one additional drop from any part of the raid (this consumes the 20 shards in your inventory and can be any raid drop including just one shard).

Antiquated runes may drop from any chest. They may drop from any boss, even if you have already done the raid on that character according to /u/OverlyCasualVillain. This is probably a separate roll from your main drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mbweo/loot_drop_table_for_kings_fall_raid_spoiler/

THX!

As far as I'm concerned the runes are a myth lol. RNG is so finicky with me lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can Destiny GAF KF Raid Vets comment on this Raid loot table from Reddit?

I'll list my drops or drops of friends and you guys can also contribute. I will update the thread as replies come in from you guys so we can get a solid list.

First chest : Shards, Antiquated rune

Second chest (hidden after ships) : Shards, Antiquated rune, Ghost(?)

Chest after totems: Ghost, Fusion rifle, Shards, Antiquated rune

War priest : Sniper, Machine gun, Rocket launcher, shards

Golgoroth maze chest : Shards, Antiquated rune

Golgoroth : Boots, Chest, Gloves, Shards

Piston jumping puzzle chest : Exotic armor or weapon (low chance), Antiquated rune,
Shards, Hadium flakes (?)

Daughters : Shotgun, Class items, Shards

Oryx : Primaries, Helm, Class items(?), Emblem, Shards, Exotic Weapons (low chance)

Drop from having 20 shards after oryx: one additional drop from any part of the raid (this consumes the 20 shards in your inventory and can be any raid drop including just one shard).

Antiquated runes may drop from any chest. They may drop from any boss, even if you have already done the raid on that character according to /u/OverlyCasualVillain. This is probably a separate roll from your main drop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mbweo/loot_drop_table_for_kings_fall_raid_spoiler/

THX!
From one run in which I remember everything quite clearly, this matches up. We did not see
any exotics at all or a weapon in the hidden JP quest, though
Oh, so what I got is already a year 2?
Yes, any item over 200 attack/defense is a Year 2.

LiK

even tho I got a 298 Hawksaw from NF last night, I can't say I would like to replay that mode anytime soon for the rewards.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Another remix of a strike I've never seen before. In that one big room with the two floors during the Psion Flayers strike (the one with the second door for Ghost to open), three Cyclopses were waiting for me.

yeah for me too, like 15 minutes ago!

Deku Tree

From one run in which I remember everything quite clearly, this matches up. We did not see
any exotics at all or a weapon in the hidden JP quest, though

Yeah on the one hand someone apparently posted a video on reddit (which I didn't watch), but on the other hand
nobody at all that I rely on as trustworthy has reported getting an exotic out of the jumping puzzle chest.

As far as I'm concerned the runes are a myth lol. RNG is so finicky with me lol.

I usually get the runes lol.

MrDaravon

I really wish I had known that Hunger Pangs was going to be fucking impossible solo before wasting 30 minutes making it to the boss.

deoee

Can someone help me with the sword quest where I have to kill Ecthar, Sword of Oryx?

The door where I'm supposed to go is closed :S

So how does the weekly PvP quest chain work? I still have the 5 elimination wins in my quest inventory from last week. If I complete it, will I receive the "Nightfall-esque" rewards, or was it nullified on reset day and I'm supposed to start over?
You have to finish that quest just to unlock those bounties. This quest will give you a 300 Hot Head rocket launcher, then you will have access to the weekly Shaxx bounties that give Nightfall tier rewards.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
useful if you like to play 3v3 games. fast revives.

Yeah I guess I'll grab it cuz why not, 13 strange coins is nothing these days. Also I die enough in strikes that getting rezzed faster will probably be very noticeable.

I still really want a STAG though, just so I can look spoopy

Yeah on the one hand someone apparently posted a video on reddit (which I didn't watch), but on the other hand
nobody at all that I rely on as trustworthy has reported getting an exotic out of the jumping puzzle chest.

I usually get the runes lol.

I got an exotic out of the hidden chest. A suros regime v2. Pink can testify for me. And its funny because a lot of people said that it was fake and the guy had sent something from the app to make it appear as a drop.

44/45 calcified fragments on my hunter. And I can't tell which one I'm missing because I picked up two on my titan. This is driving me crazy. Anybody know how to check per character instead of your entire account?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it is.

I got lucky with some engrams and found a 296 blue scout rifle, but that's definitely not common.

just found a 296 shotgun..thinking about infusing it into my 293 legendary 1000yard stare..

but primary weapons are really a bitch to find >.<

GlamFM

Banned
Come to think of it I think I don´t like 3 of the 4 enemies we have design wise.

Cabal, Fallen, Hive are basically monsters and not a highly developed race IN THE FUTURE.

You know who would be a great enemy with an awesome design and probably amazing Loot?

THE AWOKEN!

ReviewQueen.jpg

Now I´m sad.

Arrrammis

Anyone need to do fear's embrace? (Eris mission) I'm starting up now, any help would be great!
PSN: Arrrammis

Edit: at the boss. Help me DGaf, you're my only hope!

EL CUCO

44/45 calcified fragments on my hunter. And I can't tell which one I'm missing because I picked up two on my titan. This is driving me crazy. Anybody know how to check per character instead of your entire account?
Is there any website I can look them up now? Destiny app seems to be down atm

It looks like only the last boss counts as ultra ? We killed the goliath and I still hat the 3oC buff. The buff also didn't go away in Dust Palace.

Navy Bean

I got an exotic out of the hidden chest. A suros regime v2. Pink can testify for me. And its funny because a lot of people said that it was fake and the guy had sent something from the app to make it appear as a drop.

Suros + sniper is a great loadout for the raid. All you need, really. My heavy shoots wet kisses and it hasn't been an issue.

Deku Tree

You can't. It's horrible.

Only thing you can do is follow a guide (like Dattos two fragments videos) and pick up every single one that your not sure if you got on your main toon.

I had to do that but it wasn't as bad for me because I only had like 10 on my main anyway at the time. Now I'm at 46/50.

It's kind of funny that in the new warmind strike Rasputin totally speaks in russian, talking about being under attack, security breaches and other stuff, but in english subtitles it's just [distorted words].

OK, I´ve seen basically everything now and I have made up my mind.

The Taken King is FANTASTIC and Destiny has a bright future.

The only thing I HATE and that´s a big one:

The raid loot fucking sucks.

Way to randomized in perks and stats and unbelievably ugly.

You just will never get a "OH MY GOD I GOT A FATEBRINGER" moment with this stuff.

The only thing it does for you is to push your light level, it will most likely be used as infusion fuel to push better performing and better looking gear.

That´s a shame.

The only thing I´m going for in this raid is a number - not an item.

Raid gear has to be locked to a LL and to certain perks IMO. It has to be almost as special as exotic gear and it has to look hot.

They had it right with the Vault. They´ve struggled ever since.

The only set that has or had what I´m looking for was the trials set.

Very desirable stat and perk wise and OH BOY did it look amazing.

tl;dr: I want better raid loot in the future. TTK is awesome.

I 100% agree on all points.

I've gotten a couple guns from the raid so far and they were straight trash compared to non-raid gear in looks, performance and perks so I don't hold out much hope for the others I haven't seen yet. Hopefully I can get a ghost from the raid soon as that's the only thing I wouldn't infuse into something else better.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of funny that in the new warmind strike Rasputin totally speaks in russian, talking about being under attack, security breaches and other stuff, but in english subtitles it's just [distorted words].

is there a page somewhere with the translated stuff that rasputin says?

Frostburn

Need to do CoO T3 if anyone else needs, want at least 3 of us that know what we are doing in there so a rando doesn't have much of a chance to grab the sword :) Any takers?

LiK

I'm going to read how to kill Oryx. I just wanna do it tonight after work asap. some things still confused me. Drizzay tried hard to explain it but the fight was a bit too chaotic for me to follow.

Top Bottom