• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

E92 M3

It's kind of funny that in the new warmind strike Rasputin totally speaks in russian, talking about being under attack, security breaches and other stuff, but in english subtitles it's just [distorted words].

Funny you mention that! Just yesterday I was telling my friends that the words aren't distorted, but actual Russian lol.

Marvel

could never
10 minutes and then I can play, coo anyone? need 3 stolen rune summons I have an antiquated rune to finish the quest off.

I'm going to read how to kill Oryx. I just wanna do it tonight after work asap. some things still confused me. Drizzay tried hard to explain it but the fight was a bit too chaotic for me to follow.

Let me try to simplify it:

Continue to do the counter clockwise thing you did in daughters fight

Ogres will spawn in the same order everyone's getting on their platforms

Kill them as fast as possible (stunlock with snipers the one opposite)

Black orbs will appear where they die. Dont go near them

Meanwhile the runner will have grabbed the relic by jumping on platforms and grabbing the orbs

He will call out and jump down to kill the knight that just spawned (the relix makes him vulnerable)

The runner will now have a bubble around him that grant invincibility

Kill the knight

Get ready to shoot oryx as soon as he opens his chest

As soon as hes staggered run to your orbs and time the detonation

Go back to the bubble of safety

Rinse and repeat

Thats not simple at all is it? Once you do it right once it becomes pretty clear how the fight works though. There's another phase but this is the complicated one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Need to do CoO T3 if anyone else needs, want at least 3 of us that know what we are doing in there so a rando doesn't have much of a chance to grab the sword :) Any takers?

Dear god I could not complete CoO T3 last night for the life of me. Dumb people grabbing the sword drove me insane.

PuMa

I'm going to read how to kill Oryx. I just wanna do it tonight after work asap. some things still confused me. Drizzay tried hard to explain it but the fight was a bit too chaotic for me to follow.

There's a LOT going on in that encounter.

Arrrammis

For new page:
I'm at the boss of Eris' Fear's embrace mission, could 1 or 2 people jump to help me finish it?
PSN: Arrrammis

I'm light 300, so it won't take long, there's just so many adds!

Edit: never mind, I survived just long enough to kill the target, no need to actually complete the mission. Yay!

Werd

After yesterday's attempt got derailed by a glitch and checkpoint slip-up I'm looking to do a fresh raid in the next 1-4 hours if anyone wants to try to put an impromptu group together.

Wallach

Cabal, Fallen, Hive are basically monsters and not a highly developed race IN THE FUTURE.

Huh? I'm not sure how the Cabal and Fallen aren't highly developed species, especially compared to humans. The Hive are one of the most advanced species in the entire galaxy and have understanding of the core nature of the universe even the Vex can't currently simulate. If anything both humans and Awoken are at the bottom of this totem pole right now in terms of development, only really being spared by the Traveler's presence in the solar system.

deadduck

I've avoided firefly weapons so far as it is wasted on Taken.

Got The Viliany pulse in an upgrade package. I was debating spending 150 marks on Red Death, but went for Apple of Dischord instead: medium rate of fire, full auto and braced frame. Headseaker instead of my favorite Reactive Reload but 25 a crit and 4 shots means it has potental for 2 shotting.

LiK

Let me try to simplify it:

Continue to do the counter clockwise thing you did in daughters fight

Ogres will spawn in the same order everyone's getting on their platforms

Kill them as fast as possible (stunlock with snipers the one opposite)

Black orbs will appear where they die. Dont go near them

Meanwhile the runner will have grabbed the relic by jumping on platforms and grabbing the orbs

He will call out and jump down to kill the knight that just spawned (the relix makes him vulnerable)

The runner will now have a bubble around him that grant invincibility

Kill the knight

Get ready to shoot oryx as soon as he opens his chest

As soon as hes staggered run to your orbs and time the detonation

Go back to the bubble of safety

Rinse and repeat

Thats not simple at all is it? Once you do it right once it becomes pretty clear how the fight works.

so...

where does my orb spawn? back at my platform?

Funny you mention that! Just yesterday I was telling my friends that the words aren't distorted, but actual Russian lol.
I'm actually quite impressed with the use of Russian language in Destiny. Compared to hilarious google-translated nonsense you usually get in videogames, I've never seen a sign or a text that didn't make sense or didn't fit the surroundings, and I'm pretty sure Rasputin's voice actor is a native speaker.

Come to think of it I think I don´t like 3 of the 4 enemies we have design wise.

Cabal, Fallen, Hive are basically monsters and not a highly developed race IN THE FUTURE.

You know who would be a great enemy with an awesome design and probably amazing Loot?

THE AWOKEN!

ReviewQueen.jpg

Now I´m sad.

Please no. I am in love with the queen. I wouldnt be able to hurt her. :(

Frostburn

check the video that i posted, should help you have an easy time with it.

Nice, I wonder if sword damage is based on Light level just as it used to be based on level back in the day? After the 3 swing did you press forward for the slams? I'm familiar with the last slam to sword super cancel but sometimes forget you can do that. I'm lvl 300 now thanks to the Oryx kill last night.

Dear god I could not complete CoO T3 last night for the life of me. Dumb people grabbing the sword drove me insane.

Haha I'm down to give it a shot if you are!

ALWAYS ECHO CHAMBER when I do the Vanguard Heroic Strike.

If I have to do echo chamber one more time I'll go nuts.
With a fireteam of friends Echo Chamber by far best strike bar none. More mechanic heavy strikes please.

Would be cool though if Bungie could lock certain strikes in the playlist unless you are bringing a full fireteam, that way we can have more stuff like this without making it too frustrating for solo players.

GlamFM

Banned
Huh? I'm not sure how the Cabal and Fallen aren't highly developed species, especially compared to humans. The Hive are one of the most advanced species in the entire galaxy and have understanding of the core nature of the universe even the Vex can't currently simulate. If anything both humans and Awoken are at the bottom of this totem pole right now in terms of development, only really being spared by the Traveler's presence in the solar system.

Yeah, but than they run around like cavemen.

Deku Tree

All three of my characters are now NM KF raid ready.
Now I'm probably Going into mainly just 3x raid mode per week or something.

No rep? No buff? No marks? NF seems almost worthless now.

R0ckman

I'm about to damn lose it in the heoric playlist. So many times I've run Tarriks and have ended up getting a damn engram instead of the cloak. My friend who only plays Titan got the cloak, on undying mind got the Titan class item twice. WHY THE **** IS THERE NO TRADING!?

PuMa

the one that is killed near my platform or the one I killed? usually easier for me to just kill the one across from me with sniper

Whatever your fireteam decides on. In most teams you would just cover the orb near your platform.

Kyne

So apparently, people are saying this works:

You already completed the Exotic Void sword on one character. You get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on your other characters. You transfer them to the character who already completed one Exotic - whoever completed the Void quest.

It is on this character - the one who has completed the full quest - that you'll infuse the Arc and Solar past 280 + unlock the last upgrade. Apparently, this will let you skip the Majors/PvP step entirely since the game already accounts for that quest being done, and sends you straight to the "farm a lot of shit" step.

hold the phone;

You're saying that you'd have to complete the last of the steps with that single character who has the remaining swords?

Because if so, screw that noise. I'm not doing the void farming on my Titan.

Frostburn

the one that is killed near my platform or the one I killed? usually easier for me to just kill the one across from me with sniper

The one next to your platform, have to wait a LONG 5 seconds for the emote to show up that you have detonated the bomb

radiohead1

Neo Member
Need to do CoO T3 if anyone else needs, want at least 3 of us that know what we are doing in there so a rando doesn't have much of a chance to grab the sword :) Any takers?

Are you still looking for folks on this? I also still need T3 but don't have the rune. PSN = dorssom if you still need a body.

I woke up this morning, super tired and saw primary exotic engrams from Xur and got hyped! I only had 59 strange coins and it costs 31, so I bought 1 and got Monte Carlo and was no longer hyped. Then I saw attack value I said OMG no! Year 1 legacy!!! Waste waste waste.

GlamFM

Banned
Please no. I am in love with the queen. I wouldnt be able to hurt her. :(

Me neither. But I want this kind of enemy.

Put it in Star Trek terms and we have 3 Klingons (Fallen/Cabal/Hive) and 1 Borg (Vex) race.

OK, the Vulcans are probably the Awoken.

I want the Cardassians.

A humanoid enemy with similar aesthetic and suuuuuper advance technology.

Imagine a Raid in which the Telesto would be a drop because it fits the theme - that´s what I want.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
With a fireteam of friends Echo Chamber by far best strike bar none. More mechanic heavy strikes please.

Would be cool though if Bungie could lock certain strikes in the playlist unless you are bringing a full fireteam, that way we can have more stuff like this without making it too frustrating for solo players.

I can see that, but I am always playing with randoms.

Top Bottom