• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LordofPwn

Nice, I wonder if sword damage is based on Light level just as it used to be based on level back in the day? After the 3 swing did you press forward for the slams? I'm familiar with the last slam to sword super cancel but sometimes forget you can do that. I'm lvl 300 now thanks to the Oryx kill last night.

Haha I'm down to give it a shot if you are!

i believe so. running sword is now just muscle memory

Deku Tree

Did about 15 baby Crota's at CoO with ruthless and Tyler and some other gaffers and some blueberries last night. I think they did a bunch more before I showed up too. Dude got rekt. Got massive engram overload. And got my Hunter to 295 in the process.

Then I did the exotic sword strike with the same blueberries. BTW the exotic sword strike is a lot harder if you have people going for different exotic swords because you need to keep more than one warden alive which sucks big time.

Love my 310 exotic sword though....

I woke up this morning, super tired and saw primary exotic engrams from Xur and got hyped! I only had 59 strange coins and it costs 31, so I bought 1 and got Monte Carlo and was no longer hyped. Then I saw attack value I said OMG no! Year 1 legacy!!! Waste waste waste.

oh noooooo
damn, man

Me neither. But I want this kind of enemy.

Put it in Star Trek terms and we have 3 Klingons (Fallen/Cabal/Hive) and 1 Borg (Vex) race.

OK, the Vulcans are probably the Awoken.

I want the Cardassians.

A humanoid enemy with similar aesthetic and suuuuuper advance technology.

Imagine a Raid in which the Telesto would be a drop because it fits the theme - that´s what I want.
Why not The Nine? I'll gladly hunt down Xur and his people. We'd all be better off.

PuMa

giphy.gif

I need that salvage and Elimination at some point if you're on tonight :D

Edit: in the gif I'll let you be Tom bruh

Oh I'll be on alright. Ready for crucible. I still need a CoO tier 3 clear too.

j5QcmXoFWl4Q0.gif

noomi

It's really bugging me that I was not able to down Oryx yesterday, after 2 two hour attempts.

I've killed that fucker 5 times so far, and have done full runs of the raid that took under 2 hours.... but yesterday... something just wasn't working.

Still need to kill Oryx on my warlock, would really like to get that done at some point this weekend, not sure when I'll have time though.

I don't want to leave any loot chances un-used. I want that scout rifle and the hand cannon.

Navy Bean

ok, that was confusing the shit outta me last night. I should've asked Drizzay about it more clearly to avoid confusion.

Each step of that fight is pretty simple on its own - the problem is that there are a bunch of little things to remember and 6 people have to execute each with precision.

E92 M3

I'm actually quite impressed with the use of Russian language in Destiny. Compared to hilarious google-translated nonsense you usually get in videogames, I've never seen a sign or a text that didn't make sense or didn't fit the surroundings, and I'm pretty sure Rasputin's voice actor is a native speaker.

Yes, Bungie didn't half ass it like in CoD with hilariously bad Russian accents.

Come to think of it I think I don´t like 3 of the 4 enemies we have design wise.

Cabal, Fallen, Hive are basically monsters and not a highly developed race IN THE FUTURE.

You know who would be a great enemy with an awesome design and probably amazing Loot?

THE AWOKEN!

ReviewQueen.jpg

Now I´m sad.

But think of how great of a ruthless foe she would be.

Me neither. But I want this kind of enemy.

Put it in Star Trek terms and we have 3 Klingons (Fallen/Cabal/Hive) and 1 Borg (Vex) race.

OK, the Vulcans are probably the Awoken.

I want the Cardassians.

A humanoid enemy with similar aesthetic and suuuuuper advance technology.

Imagine a Raid in which the Telesto would be a drop because it fits the theme - that´s what I want.

You guys are monsters!

We should be making love to the queen, not war!

PuMa

ok, that was confusing the shit outta me last night. I should've asked Drizzay about it more clearly to avoid confusion.

Just make sure you wait a good 5 seconds for the detonation to take effect. A message pops up on the bottom left of the screen with your name, so watch for that. When you stand on the orb, you'll be pretty much blind though. It helps to turn your character around as you wait until you see the names of your fireteam. Then as soon as the detonation message pops up, book it back to the middle.

I noticed that, but my wife was sleeping and apparently my mic was quiet on top of it. I kept trying to say something but I don't think anyone could hear me.

Was a fun run BTW. Great group.

Deku Tree

Just make sure you wait a good 5 seconds for the detonation to take effect. A message pops up on the bottom left of the screen with your name, so watch for that. When you stand on the orb, you'll be pretty much blind though. It helps to turn your character around as you wait until you see the names of your fireteam. Then as soon as the detonation message pops up, book it back to the middle.

You don't need
to stand inside the orb and go blind. It has a glowing circle around it. You only need to stand in that.

LiK

It's really bugging me that I was not able to down Oryx yesterday, after 2 two hour attempts.

I've killed that fucker 5 times so far, and have done full runs of the raid that took under 2 hours.... but yesterday... something just wasn't working.

Still need to kill Oryx on my warlock, would really like to get that done at some point this weekend, not sure when I'll have time though.

I don't want to leave any loot chances un-used. I want that scout rifle and the hand cannon.

well, if you're on later, I can join you. I want to get it done with as well. we didn't get to him until 1AM and we only retried a few times before we disbanded.

I noticed that, but my wife was sleeping and apparently my mic was quiet on top of it. I kept trying to say something but I don't think anyone could hear me.

Was a fun run BTW. Great group.

hah, I noticed you got quieter as the night went on. it's cool. really enjoyed how quickly we got the hang of things.

so sorry about my platforming skills. wasted so much time XD

Is there any interest in maybe (with a newbie) run of Vault of Glass today or tonight?

Experienced people would be nice too so it doesn't take too long. I just want to say I've done it once.

ocean

Banned
hold the phone;

You're saying that you'd have to complete the last of the steps with that single character who has the remaining swords?

Because if so, screw that noise. I'm not doing the void farming on my Titan.
Warlocks are best suited for this since they're the only class which can easily kill many enemies with their abilities in any element. Locks may not know how to jump but their melee/grenade/super game is undeniably top tier.

spyder_ur

I'm not sold on the issue either way, but if you were someone against matchmaking for raids, Echo Chamber on heroic should be evidence A.

Lnkn52

well, if you're on later, I can join you. I want to get it done with as well. we didn't get to him until 1AM and we only retried a few times before we disbanded.

hah, I noticed you got quieter as the night went on. it's cool. really enjoyed how quickly we got the hang of things.

There was platforming? LOL

Deku Tree

My year 2 exotic armor kiosks are now fully unlocked, except for the exotic class items from the rank 25 faction quests... lol not sure I'm going to get to those either... Rank 25? New slower ranking system?

ocean

Banned
Yup, same. I got every other helm last week except it.

Anyway, what strikes end without an ultra? So I know what ones not to use coins on.
Dust Palace and Omnigul.

But you wouldn't waste your coins. The buff stays until whenever you kill an Ultra so there's no way to mess up with them.

On your character screen you should have an icon (where you used to see NF buff or ToO mercy) showing the item is still active.

Question about the playstation exclusive gear... whats the difference between the 2 types of armor? Like warlocks have I and II, hunters have 1.0 and 2.1...

What's the difference?

noomi

well, if you're on later, I can join you. I want to get it done with as well. we didn't get to him until 1AM and we only retried a few times before we disbanded

If I'm even able to get on tonight it would be pretty late, probably close to midnight. So if you're still down for it then and you see me online shoot me a message.

willow ve

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Completed the 14 step Crucible quest line (including winning 2 games in each gametype). Big reward at the end - one Crucible Commendation. Are you serious?

Holy shit you're already on Raid level Lik? That was fast.

This guy gets it. :)

Top Bottom