• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Raybunny

hold the phone;

You're saying that you'd have to complete the last of the steps with that single character who has the remaining swords?

Because if so, screw that noise. I'm not doing the void farming on my Titan.

I used armamentarium + spike grenade + monte carlo + max disciplice in the dark beyond mission. 1 hour and it was done

Just saw this for the first time - where do i get this stuff?

wuRDBBM.jpg
Random drop. I have the helmet and I got it from an engram.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of want to chain run fallen SABER tonight for the warlock helm it drops. It has an awesome unique appearance and has Inverse Shadow without taking an exotic slot

At what LL did it come?

Damn... always look before you shard!

Is this stuff any good? Or is it just exclusive?

It's just random loot like anything else, I believe. I have found multiple Azoth bend items on my lock and the light/armor levels and stats seem to be random.

R0ckman

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Completed the 14 step Crucible quest line (including winning 2 games in each gametype). Big reward at the end - one Crucible Commendation. Are you serious?

Why the hell do they do this, I can't imagine them thinking this would be worth it.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Completed the 14 step Crucible quest line (including winning 2 games in each gametype). Big reward at the end - one Crucible Commendation. Are you serious?

I think that quest unlocks the crucible weekly bounty right? I was reading the weekly bounty for crucible can reward exotic gear.

Kyne

Why the hell do they do this, I can't imagine them thinking this would be worth it.

those awful subclass quests unlock emblems. waste of time unless you really want those emblems.

they do it because

I think that quest unlocks the crucible weekly bounty right? I was reading the weekly bounty for crucible can reward exotic gear.

it essentially unlocks the PVP Nightfall for every week.

Ophelion

How can it be this early into a new expansion and Xur is already selling only things I already have?

I'm just gunna dump my SC into 3oC and motes of light to push up my faction rep up I guess.

And also, I know I said I was going to test if strike legendaries could drop in the regular version of the strike or only in the Playlist version, but I didn't get shit from either so my tests have proved completely inconclusive.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Titan mark from nightfall on my warlock. Awesome..

Lucky!

How can it be this early into a new expansion and Xur is already selling only things I already have?

I'm just gunna dump my SC into 3oC and motes of light to push up my faction rep up I guess.

Because there is apparently a good chunk of Year 2 exotics that he won't sell, I think? I'm not sure of the specifics.

Strider

Nightfall isn't what it used to be that's for sure.

Kinda miss how it used to be. Such a good bonus and loot drop that it was always the first thing everyone did. I used to get hype for the reset just to run the nightfall... I havent even bothered doing it this week.

Would anyone be interested in running the raid today around 3:30 PM EST? I've yet to run it and would like to try it this weekend.

Thanks

purg3

slept with Malkin

Kinda miss how it used to be. Such a good bonus and loot drop that it was always the first thing everyone did. I used to get hype for the reset just to run the nightfall... I havent even bothered doing it this week.

Just going to say the same thing. Until Bungie adjusts the loot table (if they ever) I really see no reason in running it. Not worth the hassle.

Titan mark from nightfall on my warlock. Awesome..

ive decided to just skip them now. there is nothing a NF can give that a 3oC cant with alot less effort.
Unless there are exotics that you cant get from engrams that you can from NF

worse rewards then before
no exp/rep buff
no marks

notta thing

Dear god I could not complete CoO T3 last night for the life of me. Dumb people grabbing the sword drove me insane.

That sucks. We had 9 people doing tier 3 last night and it was hilarious. Had an awesome time and we smacked baby Crota at least a half dozen times before it was all said and done.

I agree! It's actually kind of weird.

Ophelion

ive decided to just skip them now. there is nothing a NF can give that a 3oC cant with alot less effort.
Unless there are exotics that you cant get from engrams that you can from NF

worse rewards then before
no exp/rep buff
no marks

notta thing

Heroic Strike playlist provides better and more reliable rewards quickly. Granted, no chance at exotics other than a legendary engram turning into one, but still.

ocean

Banned

Loot table on NF has been too cluttered to be worth running as a loot source for a long time. I used to do it for the 500 rep + 25% XP/rep buff.

Now it's just a spongier Strike where revives take longer, you take much more damage than you deal, there's no matchmaking, no marks, no rep buff and a smaller rep payoff. For the chance at an Exotic. Or legendary. Or Strange Coins, 3 of Coins, or Motes of Light, or Antiquated Runes. They might as well add planetary materials and special ammo synth at this stage with how messy that loot table is.

I think it should be limited to Exotics and Legendary gear at a baseline minimum of the current Light level you have. Might still be garbage perk wise, but the odds would make it worth running.

I did it twice yesterday but only because friends needed a third. I'd never even think about doing a NF otherwise right now

Top Bottom