• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

EL CUCO

Some people on my fireteam got a shader after killing Oryx. I didn't get one. Do I have to be rank 5 with Eris or something or is it random?

Edit: Top page? Yea Thats a Wipe

Deku Tree

So confirmed Nightfalls don't give marks eh?

The rewards are sooo all over the place. I think the best thing for it now would be just some form of guaranteed infusion material. Used to be if you got a legendary with a bad roll from a Nightfall it was garbage. Now if you get one with some higher attack/defense and don't want it you can at least use it to power up something you like. But 3 of Coins or Motes...

Does it not at least give more rep per strike?

NF gave me marks the first time but none afterwards.... In three additional attempts...

At least they could make the NF count as one of your three heroic strikes for marks chances each week...

Ophelion

Thinking of buying 100 ToC,but the notion of running 100 Strikes is a bit daunting. I heard CoO bosses count, but that's probably too fast for the nerf timer. Wish we knew exactly how long that timer was.

Just don't use them all at once. Make a habit of popping one at the start of any strike you do no matter what. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thinking of buying 100 ToC,but the notion of running 100 Strikes is a bit daunting. I heard CoO bosses count, but that's probably too fast for the nerf timer. Wish we knew exactly how long that timer was.

It's not like the items themselves expire. Buy 100 coins now, and you won't have to buy any more for a while as you use them at whatever pace you end up doing strikes.

I think the buff stays with you until you kill your next ultra so just pop it and have fun...
If there's no ultra, you just keep the buff. You can also use one after killing the first to have another chance on the second.
Dust Palace and Omnigul.

But you wouldn't waste your coins. The buff stays until whenever you kill an Ultra so there's no way to mess up with them.

On your character screen you should have an icon (where you used to see NF buff or ToO mercy) showing the item is still active.

Thanks chums.

Just saw this for the first time - where do i get this stuff?

wuRDBBM.jpg

I didn't even know that stuff was PS exclusive. Been trying to get good versions of the Hunter set because I liked how it looked. The cape actually looks kinda derp from behind though.

Seil

Blighted coven is on earth. champions, not sure. I guess any patrol?

Petra's Taken War quest has multiple stages, you'll be tasked with taking out Taken champions(zealots) on Earth, Venus and Mars. Can be annoying, definitely want at least one other person with you. And the game has a bad habit of not putting randoms in the map with you when you need it lmao.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Most don't. Only the Tier 3 boss.

And the timer doesn't nullify their effect, just lessens the chances.

3oC are best looked at IMO as something you pop if you've got one whenever a relevant boss is in your path. Raids, strikes, patrol, T3 Courts. As such having a stack of 100 doesn't sound so bad to me, to last you a while. Not something you necessarily want to blow through a stack of 100 of on purpose within a week

suddenly my luck has gone up cuz I keep getting blues above 290 now.
Oh did you get above 290? Grats if so :)

xinek

yea, I hate not finishing a raid. altho I was so tired I fell sleep fast. I leveled up 280 to 292 in 2 hours after work before we raided. :p

Are you looking to raid tonight?? I'm looking for a group anytime this evening Central time. Light level is mid 280s...

Ophelion

Petra's Taken War quest has multiple stages, you'll be tasked with taking out Taken champions(zealots) on Earth, Venus and Mars. Can be annoying, definitely want at least one other person with you. And the game has a bad habit of not putting randoms in the map with you when you need it lmao.

The only step of that quest I needed a fireteam for was Earth. Everything else I cleared on my own. I will admit, I got lucky along the Shattered Coast for the Venus step though. Showed up to find people already fighting the Taken and just joined in.

Psion Flayers. Valus. Saber. Psion Flayers. Valus. Saber. Psion Flayers. Valus. Saber.

Let's trade. I only really want saber and I keep getting freaking Darkblade.

LTWood12

I really wanted to take down Oryx last night. Couldn't sleep at all.

#ManOnAMission

yea, I hate not finishing a raid. altho I was so tired I fell sleep fast. I leveled up 280 to 292 in 2 hours after work before we raided. :p

Yeah I got a bit of a rundown from T. Said you guys rolled through it up to the sisters. which wasn't that hard but everyone was starting to get tired. He can't wait to finish it either. Man I'm so sad I missed it. It was the right call on my part, but damn was thinking about you guys the whole time.

Seil

Psion Flayers. Valus. Saber. Psion Flayers. Valus. Saber. Psion Flayers. Valus. Saber.

I want those capes from the flayers. But I do wish the variety was better in the playlist lol. I'm pretty sure Valus makes up almost half of my playlist strikes...

I'm pretty annoyed they didn't address Dust Palace in the last hotfix. Having a strike in the playlist that can't trigger 3oC really bites.

BUT CAPES

(Didn't know they don't work on 3oC, good to know, that sucks)

IronRinn

Still waiting to get the last champion on Earth. Got one in Skywatch and The Divide, but nothing in Rocketyard. Definitely an annoying quest.

ocean

Banned
I'm pretty annoyed they didn't address Dust Palace in the last hotfix. Having a strike in the playlist that can't trigger 3oC really bites.
Keep them non Ultra! Omnigul too. Those bosses would be way more annoying if you can't blind them.

hydruxo

I'm convinced that the most fun I've ever had in Destiny is killing all 3 Psion Flayers with 3 swords as soon as they spawn

Thank you based Bungie for adding swords to this game. So goddamn fun.

PuMa

Some people on my fireteam got a shader after killing Oryx. I didn't get one. Do I have to be rank 5 with Eris or something or is it random?

Edit: Top page? Yea Thats a Wipe

I got one and I think killing Oryx is what put me over to rank 5. It was part of a quest.

Ophelion

Still waiting to get the last champion on Earth. Got one in Skywatch and The Divide, but nothing in Rocketyard. Definitely an annoying quest.

I know this might seem like a patronizing question, but it's not meant to be, but are you in the rocketyard and not the mothyards? Because I actually made that mistake when trying to do that quest the first time. Thankfully, my brother was there to tell me I was being stupid.

Namikaze1

This has to be the worst quest requirement. wtf

I've only gotten 3 rare material in the past half hour. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
They really need to increase the drop rate on those. Took me 3 hours to get the rare material from spinmetal farming. It took just half of that for when I went to get the rare material from helium filaments. Now I have to do relic iron farming.

Deku Tree

Here is my year 2 exotic weapons kiosk:

CPt1iR8UwAEkyMo.jpg

So I am missing:

Ace of Spades (quest)
Fabian Strategy (quest)
The First Curse (quest)
Zhao Supercell (RNG)
Time To Explain (??)
Touch of Malice (quest)

The Chaperone (quest)
Telesto (RNG)
Sleeper Stimulant (??)

Bolt-Caster (quest)
Dark-Drinker (quest)

All of these would completely fill up my every missing spot in my Exotic Weapons Kiosk....

matmanx1

Ok, Gaf. Best way to get a Stolen rune? I'm on the Eris quest to do the whole series of runes and have yet to see one. Do they drop from the mobs at CoO commonly?

LTWood12

CPt1iR8UwAEkyMo.jpg

So I am missing:

Ace of Spades (quest)
Fabian Strategy (quest)
The First Curse (quest)
Zhao Supercell (RNG)
Time To Explain (??)

The Chaperone (quest)
Telesto (RNG)
Sleeper Stimulant (??)

Bolt-Caster (quest)
Dark-Drinker (quest)

All of these would completely fill up my every missing spot in my Exotic Weapons Kiosk.

I love that I've focused on my Titan for everything other than the Gunsmith. By all accounts Fabian Strategy seems like the worst of the 3 gunsmith exotics by a wide margin.

IronRinn

I know this might seem like a patronizing question, but it's not meant to be, but are you in the rocketyard and not the mothyards? Because I actually made that mistake when trying to do that quest the first time. Thankfully, my brother was there to tell me I was being stupid.

No worries, I had actually made the same mistake at another point in the game! I'm definitely in the Rocketyard. Taken event happened once, but no champion. May have not killed a lieutenant fast enough? I'm not sure if there are events where it doesn't spawn a champion.

Sulik2

So who designed these x amount or orbs or kills with supers in strike quests? They need a swift kick in the rear. Horrible quests.

CPt1iR8UwAEkyMo.jpg

So I am missing:

Ace of Spades (quest)
Fabian Strategy (quest)
The First Curse (quest)
Zhao Supercell (RNG)
Time To Explain (??)

The Chaperone (quest)
Telesto (RNG)
Sleeper Stimulant (??)

Bolt-Caster (quest)
Dark-Drinker (quest)

All of these would completely fill up my every missing spot in my Exotic Weapons Kiosk....

where does Touch of Malice go in my Kiosk then? Does a new spot open up?

interesting...my bolt caster holds the same spot as your solar sword. I was curious if the exotic swords all had their own slot. I guess they do.

maomaoIYP

where does Touch of Malice go in my Kiosk then? Does a new spot open up?

Do the class specific weapons show up in the kiosk for another character? Because that would mean that there are 2 more unidentified primaries.

Ophelion

No worries, I had actually made the same mistake at another point in the game! I'm definitely in the Rocketyard. Taken event happened once, but no champion. May have not killed a lieutenant fast enough? I'm not sure if there are events where it doesn't spawn a champion.

Yeah, you have to eliminate each wave of lieutenants within a time limit or they retreat.

RetroMG

Ok, Gaf. Best way to get a Stolen rune? I'm on the Eris quest to do the whole series of runes and have yet to see one. Do they drop from the mobs at CoO commonly?

This doesn't directly answer your question, but you don't have to actually have the runes to complete the quest. Either go with a GAF group that's going to do CoO or just hang out at the Court and wait for people to trigger the events. I did four Reciprocal runes on my own, then finished everything except for the tier 3 rune by just hanging out at the court and jumping in when other people triggered theirs. The Tier 3 I got done with a group of Gaffers who were doing it.

matmanx1

I love that I've focused on my Titan for everything other than the Gunsmith. By all accounts Fabian Strategy seems like the worst of the 3 gunsmith exotics by a wide margin.

Yeah I keep trying to find the appeal of Fabian Strategy and I just can't see it. Does the perk actually do anything?

Top Bottom