• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

interesting...my bolt caster holds the same spot as your solar sword. I was curious if the exotic swords all had their own slot. I guess they do.

And my Truth used to be all the way on the right before I got that sword... Then the sword moved to the right and the truth was bumped.

Do the class specific weapons show up in the kiosk for another character? Because that would mean that there are 2 more unidentified primaries.

I think they do... I can double check later though.

Ophelion

Yeah I keep trying to find the appeal of Fabian Strategy and I just can't see it. Does the perk actually do anything?

This is neither here nor there, but I saw Mr. Fruit use it last night in one of his videos and it looked fun at least. He had pretty decent results with it and it seems like it's widely believed around these parts he's not even very good at Destiny.

Most don't. Only the Tier 3 boss.

And the timer doesn't nullify their effect, just lessens the chances.

3oC are best looked at IMO as something you pop if you've got one whenever a relevant boss is in your path. Raids, strikes, patrol, T3 Courts. As such having a stack of 100 doesn't sound so bad to me, to last you a while. Not something you necessarily want to blow through a stack of 100 of on purpose within a week

Oh did you get above 290? Grats if so :)

we still rading tonight, 830est?

matmanx1

This doesn't directly answer your question, but you don't have to actually have the runes to complete the quest. Either go with a GAF group that's going to do CoO or just hang out at the Court and wait for people to trigger the events. I did four Reciprocal runes on my own, then finished everything except for the tier 3 rune by just hanging out at the court and jumping in when other people triggered theirs. The Tier 3 I got done with a group of Gaffers who were doing it.

Ahh ok, good to know. Thanks!

This is neither here nor there, but I saw Mr. Fruit use it last night in one of his videos and it looked fun at least. He had pretty decent results with it and it seems like it's widely believed around these parts he's not even very good at Destiny.

Its a great gun... Just not a great exotic

But i mean.. Its so easy to get early on so if yiu arent already using a year 2 exotic then you might as well use it

Navy Bean

I got a 310 chest from the raid - but I really want to just use it to upgrade the Alchemist's Raiment which is awesome for Warlock's in PvE...Bad idea?

do Heroic Strikes. a 300 purple gauntlet dropped for me from a boss. :D

you missed all my posts about doing the raid last night T_T

Oh I've gotten plenty of blues and purples that could've decrypted into something higher, just no luck. Everything else I have is 300 or higher. Just need to get the raid gauntlets I guess.

Future

When I watch random vids I am seeing people with these awesome weapons. What are the top tier legendary weapons these days? Before I remember people liking stuff like LDR, low grade humility, party crasher, matador 64, hopscotch pilgrim, devil you know, etc etc (and I still see a lot of those in PvP lol). What is the good shit now besides the sword

RetroMG

Does the ToC 'exploit' still work or has it been fixed?

No because Bungie no likey

So I was thinking about this yesterday - I think it could still KIND of work, just not as well.

Destiny Patch Notes said:
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras

In my experience, at least, it took 5-6 coins before Draksis dropped anything. I would think that you could go in right to Draksis, (using the checkpoint,) use 5 or 6 coins, then kill him and yourself, and warp to orbit after you've claimed whatever drops. (I would think 5 or 6 coins would guarantee a drop, but I have not tried it yet.) That way you keep a checkpoint right at the boss for the next trip.

Then in order to go around the nerf, wait 6 hours, (or until the next day?) and do it again.

Yeah, it's not going to be a dozen engrams in half an hour, but it would still be a guaranteed exotic every day, which is still way better than we had before.

This is all me speculating. Feel free to poke holes.

LTWood12

at this point I don't think I'm going to spend 23 coins on a 280 Hawkmoon. can always just get for 150 marks down the road. Gotta get them 3 of coins.

i am doing the quest for the exotic class iten for dead orbit ... any knows in how much defense it comes? just for clarification, mine actual one habe 295

Deku Tree

I got a 310 chest from the raid - but I really want to just use it to upgrade the Alchemist's Raiment which is awesome for Warlock's in PvE...Bad idea?

Alchemist's Raiment looks really nice, but it's unique perk gives you extra glimmer. I am constantly hitting glimmer cap and buying heavy ammo or something like that... horrible exotic perk IMO.

When I watch random vids I am seeing people with these awesome weapons. What are the top tier legendary weapons these days? Before I remember people liking stuff like LDR, low grade humility, party crasher, matador 64, hopscotch pilgrim, devil you know, etc etc (and I still see a lot of those in PvP lol). What is the good shit now besides the sword

No idea yet

Im not a huge fan of the way perks are spread and the new ones are kind of tame and very defensive based

LiK

at this point I don't think I'm going to spend 23 coins on a 280 Hawkmoon. can always just get for 150 marks down the road. Gotta get them 3 of coins.

should I splurge on 3oC? didn't have luck before. maybe it'll work now I'm above 290?

Correct. I crashed around like 8pm. I think before last night I had a grand total of about 5.5 hours of sleep for the week

Did you enjoy it?

yea, not nearly as frustrating as the previous raids. also no major bugs or glitches. went pretty smooth. we got to final boss.

I'm only spending coins on new year 2 gear and 3oCs. Getting marks isn't a problem at this point, but I used up almost all my coins last week buying engrams and 3oCs.

LTWood12

should I splurge on 3oC? didn't have luck before. maybe it'll work now I'm above 290?

You definitely should, depending on how many strange coins you have. Just remember to pop one when you're doing a heroic strike or whatever. I bought 25 today.

Mupod

so there's a 'harder' version of Fear's Embrace? I soloed some version of it earlier and it wasn't that bad. Life Support perk on the raid pulse rifle actually came in handy.

did the exotic sword strike last night with the Mrs and my brother in law, we wiped a couple times at the end, but we finally got it, got the arc Knight down to a sliver, killed the other 2 and worked on the boss, we got the boss down to an 8th of health and we were ready to spam kill them both. Then all of the sudden,
Wheres the arc knight?
I dont see him!

mrs: I think I killed him
Me: I told you not to kill him
Mrs. I dont know I was confused
Me and Bro in law: KILL THE BOSS!

quest did not update

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I had originally thought the Year 2 version would have an extra new perk and it would be my first purchase as soon as it was available there. But since that's a no, right now when I feel like Hawkmoon in Crucible I just use my Year 1. Down the line when I'm in collector mode I won't hesitate to spend the marks on one but yeah.

Though Ruin Wings so my Titan has an exotic gloves piece ready to go (and fuel my sword), yes please.

yea, not nearly as frustrating as the previous raids. also no major bugs or glitches. went pretty smooth. we got to final boss.

I would. Maybe save some for when you're above light 300, though, because then exotic engrams have a chance to be 310 gear.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Alchemist's Raiment looks really nice, but it's unique perk gives you extra glimmer. I am constantly hitting glimmer cap and buying heavy ammo or something like that... horrible exotic perk IMO.

It doesn't just do that. It also increases 'nade/melee recharge when super is full, which is huge for Sunsingers, and also has a toggle for either more Special Ammo or Heavy Ammo, which is also huge especially if you want to use the sword a lot. It's become my go-to Exotic for most PvE stuff.

This is the worst. I've gotten 6 in an hour. They don't even allow you to grab it off of chests and randoms mess up the leave and come back glitch.

Worst than day 1 grinding for materials. Really amazes how they thought this is a good idea to put in.

LTWood12

Yeah I had originally thought the Year 2 version would have an extra new perk and it would be my first purchase as soon as it was available there. But since that's a no, right now when I feel like Hawkmoon in Crucible I just use my Year 1. Down the line when I'm in collector mode I won't hesitate to spend the marks on one but yeah.

Though Ruin Wings so my Titan has an exotic gloves piece ready to go (and fuel my sword), yes please.

They're called Ruin WONGS now Hawk, or didn't you get my memo?

I upgraded mine with a 310 HoTPF. I like it. With the right perks in Stormcaller you become a nade/melee spam machine. It gets better paired with the tlaloc socut. Sure, you sit on your super, but it makes you use it when it's the right time.

Navy Bean

Glimmer perk is meh but it also increases Heavy or Special ammo drop which is awesome. Plus if you run sunsinger and don't pop super often then you always have grenades/melee.

Top Bottom