• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

darknil

So I'm at 180 marks without doing the dailies yet. I'm looking for recommendations on what to expend the marks to continue earning them.

For Y2 exotics buy list I have available:
Red Death
Bad Juju
SUROS Regime
Truth
Thunderlord
Obsidian Mind
Heart of Praxic Mind
Voidfang Vests

I've also looked for the factions weapons, seems interesting. Currently I'm Dead Orbit and 291 level.

Suggestions?

Also, reposting:
Anyone knows if ToCs are best used at the beginning of the strike or moments before the boss gets killed? If you die the buff disappears?

And extra:
For the ones asking if warlock helmet is worth, well, for me it has been godly in strikes also. I'll stop using it when I find a better exotic or when playing raid on hard.

Edit: My first top of page.

b09.gif

Lee

So I'm at 180 marks without doing the dailies yet. I'm looking for recommendations on what to expend the marks to continue earning them.

Red Death
Bad Juju
SUROS Regime
Truth
Thunderlord
Obsidian Mind
Heart of Praxic Mind
Voidfang Vests

I've also looked for the factions weapons, seems interesting. Currently I'm Dead Orbit and 291 level.

Suggestions?

Also, reposting:
Anyone knows if ToCs are best used at the beginning of the strike or moments before the boss gets killed? If you die the buff disappears?

And extra:
For the ones asking if warlock helmet is worth, well, for me it has been godly in strikes also. I'll stop using it when I find a better exotic or when playing raid on hard.

Hung Jury

flkraven

Red DeathSUROS Regime
Truth
Thunderlord
Obsidian Mind
Heart of Praxic Mind
Voidfang Vests

I've also looked for the factions weapons, seems interesting. Currently I'm Dead Orbit
Bad Juju
and 291 level.

Suggestions?

Also, reposting:

And extra:

IMO if you already have exotic armor/weapons, I would buy the DO Scout rifle or the FWC hand cannon.

Deku Tree

The buff lasts until you use it... pop one today... don't beat an ultra until next week... you had the buff for that ultra.

Strider

Bungie please adjust crucible matchmaking to where at least one of my teammates can get more kills than deaths. k thanks.

I hope the Hard mode KF weapons have Taken look to them like the Kingslayer Ghostshell does.

Saaaaaame. The Ghostshell is so badass.

This has to be the worst quest requirement. wtf

I've only gotten 3 rare material in the past half hour. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

I've posted my little guide to this multiple times but the thread moves so fast most people don't see it:

I just got to the portion of the Exotic Sword quest where you have to collect planetary materials. This part is not nearly as tedious as people are making it out to be. Here's how to stream line it:

1. Have a ghost that detects the material you need.
2. Spawn on patrol, jump on your sparrow, ride around the perimeter.
3. As you ride around, you will see the nodes pop up on your hud. Collect them.
4. LEAVE THAT AREA. Just go to the next area. It takes too long for the nodes to respawn if you stay.
5. Repeat.

I did mars. I personally went between The Barrens, The Hollows, and The Buried City. I was getting a node every 30 seconds to a minute. Overall I think it might have taken me about 40 minutes.

MechDX

So how do you get the gunsmith class specific exotic gun? I have ran his questline and he gave some purple fusion rifle.

Suggestions?

Also, reposting:

And extra:

dead orbit scout rifle, youll have to ascend it, but from what I hear, ist worth it.

buff go a way when you die? had not heard that.

when ever, it will just kick in the next time you kill an ultra

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh, just a one time reward? lame. they made NF way less enticing.
I'm somewhat sanguine they'll fix it. It has all the hallmarks of being an awkward transition to the new economy at the moment, seems like they just didn't put much thought into where it was supposed to fit in as endgame content.

Come on october patch! You can do it!

-Buff shotguns in PvE 20-25%
-Nerf max-range shotguns in PvP out of the game
-Slight buff to initial HC accuracy
-Slight nerf to initial PR accuracy
-Some method of being able to wear whatever class item you enjoy aesthetically versus having to equip the highest light one
-Award materials for rapid patrol beacon streaks
-Rejigger NF rewards

om nom nom make it happen pls

Deku Tree

So how do you get the gunsmith class specific exotic gun? I have ran his questline and he game some fusion rifle.

You get a quest from him when you reach Rank 3. You will need to dismantle ten rare of the same gun, or two legendary of the same gun (legendary counts as five rares) so be sure to have those saved in your vault.

And just like that, I have my 25 sword kills in the Crucible.
Feels like playing a darkwraith in Dark Souls 1, waiting for unsuspecting victims.

LTWood12

I'm somewhat sanguine they'll fix it. It has all the hallmarks of being an awkward transition to the new economy at the moment, seems like they just didn't put much thought into where it was supposed to fit in as endgame content.

-Some method of being able to wear whatever class item you enjoy aesthetically versus having to equip the highest light one
-Rejigger NF rewards

yep my playstyle still hasn't really adjusted to account for the shotgun pve nerf. Gets me into trouble so often because I'm expecting boom-dead and i get boom-shield bashed.

MechDX

You get a quest from him when you reach Rank 3. You will need to dismantle ten rare of the same gun, or two legendary of the same gun (legendary counts as five rares) so be sure to have those saved in your vault.

Doesn't have to be anything specific? Just two purple shotguns as an example ?

I have the checkpoint, let's see how many ppl are interested
1. Dante316
Hey I can join you again. I got a new controller so my left stick won't be acting up anymore. Lol. I hated that it kept making me Taken during the daughters, my left stick gave out midway through a jump at least twice.

Mindlog

How does the sword trick work?
Do you have to complete an exotic sword completely then transfer them over or can you do it sooner?

Red Death
Bad Juju
Bad Juju
Fantastic in PvP and very helpful when trying to get power kills.

rc213

Yeah buying any gun now at 280 feels like a real investment because you know how hard it will be to grind it up to a decent(ish) level.

Nope, Yesterday just doing CoO for an hour got me about 20 drops in the 290-297 range for all weapons/gear. Vaulted everything for upgrading any exotic I buy. Vault if full of stuff just sitting there waiting to be infused.

Nope, Yesterday just doing CoO for an hour got me about 20 drops in the 290-297 range for all weapons/gear. Vaulted everything for upgrading any exotic I buy. Vault if full of stuff just sitting there waiting to be infused.

that is incredibly lucky, damn

LTWood12

So anyone notice the timer at the end of today's daily where you have to run back to your ship? That's definitely not there in the normal version....

Future

-Rejigger NF rewards

-make sidearms useful

GhaleonEB

Anyone up for the Nightfall? I'm starting it up solo, but got Fallen SABER. I won't last long. :lol

This will be babby's first TTK NF.

So anyone notice the timer at the end of today's daily where you have to run back to your ship? That's definitely not there in the normal version....

yeah I saw that. I was running through the whole damn thing anyway, but I saw it and was like damn, run Forrest!

Shito

Yeah, reddit guys noticed it, but apparently didn't find any secret with it.
It just seems to be an added difficulty, making you die if you are too slow.

Top Bottom