• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hey DGAF, hopefully somebody can help us out: buddy of mine is away from his PS4 this weekend and wants to buy stuff from Xur. He's willing to hand over his credentials to me so I can start up a second account on my PS4 (which ofcourse, has Destiny). Would that work?

yes it will! Destiny save is server based
dont do anything foolish now.....

Mindlog

The Crucible will be bad for a while with everyone trying to the specific quests that take you out of your comfort zone.

Sword Trick?
You don't have to complete a large part of the quest for each sword if you do it on a character that already has one. Or has completed most of the mission not sure which.
Ok this nightfall is actually gonna be a huge pain rofl
Yup.
Glitched the Warsat and noticed that so many adds spawn it will glitch the dropship because it can't spawn more enemies.

SonComet

So I helped some friends out with one boss on the raid last night (I still have to run the whole thing this week) before I had to go to bed. Got another pair of gauntlets. I'm assuming it's been discussed that smart loot is broken.

Is full auto even possible with a sidearm as a perk. Never seen it?

And people actually use sidearms in crucible? How can that be better than a shotgun

No they dont have full auto at all as far as I know. just saying it would make them better

and sidearms are actually pretty good in crucible. best medium range weopon

Is there a best handcannon currently? Legendary/Exotic? I know they're a bit shit atm but I don't like playing any other way. I have a 290 Hawkmoon but I think I'll need to upgrade soon.

zewone

Why haven't we heard about hard mode?

I wasn't even aware it was going to be locked away like Crota's End.

Pretty lame.

DNAbro

Why haven't we heard about hard mode?

I wasn't even aware it was going to be locked away like Crota's End.

Pretty lame.

cause it's only been 1 week since the raid opened up. Majority of the people playing having even entered the raid and a ton who have didn't even get close to finishing it. Give it at least 2 weeks from now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
There are 5 total raid emblems at the kiosk, 4 remaining.
Pretty sure it's for Heroic, then the 3 Challenge Modes (Golgoroth Challenge etc) that were leaked previously. The emblems seem to match up to the bosses/challenges.
What does drizzay mean by leaks here?

zewone

cause it's only been a few days. Majority of the people playing having even entered the raid and a ton who have didn't even get close to finishing it. Give it at least 2 weeks.

But why wasn't it mentioned before TTK even released that hard mode was delayed?

It's BS too since they designed hard mode first and then normal according to Bungie.

rc213

You don't have to complete a large part of the quest for each sword if you do it on a character that already has one. Or has completed most of the mission not sure which.

Yup.
Glitched the Warsat and noticed that so many adds spawn it will glitch the dropship because it can't spawn more enemies.

Where can i read more on this?

Deku Tree

Is there a website that tells you what calcified fragments you have on a character yet?

No. Bungie messed up. It's impossible to see which ones you got by character. The dreadnaught director tells you how many your specific character has but that's the only thing you can know... hopefully you didn't collect too many on your alts yet...

DNAbro

But why wasn't it mentioned before TTK even released that hard mode was delayed?

It's BS too since they designed hard mode first and then normal according to Bungie.

uhh it's not delayed. This is 100% on purpose. They did the same with hard VoG and Crota I believe.

LkPr

Doesn't the raid drop it's own artifact? Or is their only a 310 one from the Eris quest? I can't imagine there's only one way to get a 310...and if it can drop then it's just RNG and running it with each toon till it happens.

isn't the Eris one only 300? At least it was for me...

MrDaravon

Holy shit I got the 290 Swordbrothers Strike done for the Chaperone quest done on my first try with 2 random, that shit was fucking intense. Can't believe we pulled it off.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I see. So do I just need one with a better roll then?

Hawkmoon is still pretty deadly. At least in PvP. And exotics dont get RNG rolls

Once i got mine i used it a lot in PvE as well, but if you got access to something like Suros or Supercell id use those personally.

Also this drop while doing vanguard strikes?
CPww2u1U8AEQLHr.jpg:large

Ophelion

They must be hard at work on the hotfix right now. Surely. Or will they rather ignore it for two months before having DeeJ post a developer's sob story of how fixing bugs is soooooo hard?

The second one. Because not having loot drop doesn't "break the game" like high level players exploiting things. The behavior reminds me of bad GMs who don't get how to manage players and get put out when the players don't want to do things their way.

You know what I would've done instead of announcing a patching of Spindle's attack? I would've patched it so that when you crit a raid boss with Spindle they instantly enrage BUT if you clear the encounter anyway, you get an elite vanity item (A class item with taken effect like taken ghost?) That way, you have to either do it legit and enrage them at the very end to get the vanity item or you have to complete a superheroic feat in order to use Spindle throughout the encounter. Either way, it solves your "Spindle breaks the Raid" problem. Plus, if a boss enrages anyway, time to break out the Spindle and even the odds. Not like the boss is going to double-enrage.

"Yes and..." and "Yes, but..." never "No." That is the Game Master's creed.

Hustler

Just getting back into Destiny after not playing much after the previous expansion came out. I never attempted any of the raids, is it worth playing through the other raids before tackling TTK's raid and can you still get good loot from the other raids?

Current light level is 286.

Doesn't the raid drop it's own artifact? Or is their only a 310 one from the Eris quest? I can't imagine there's only one way to get a 310...and if it can drop then it's just RNG and running it with each toon till it happens.
Only the one from the quest. If there is a raid artifact that can drop above 300, no one has gotten it yet. Pretty big oversight...lots of neat artifact perks, but no one will use them, because everyone will use the only 310 in the game.

LiK

Just getting back into Destiny after not playing much after the previous expansion came out. I never attempted any of the raids, is it worth playing through the other raids before tackling TTK's raid and can you still get good loot from the other raids?

yea, you can see the evolution of the raid designs.

DNAbro

no you can't get good loot, they are pretty much for fun now unless you want Vex Mythoclast or Nechrochasm.

What's everyone's 3 of coins luck been like? Just spent a couple hours running vanguard strikes back to back, used 8 coins, no exotics.
Edit: Only one legndary engram as well, from random trash. Maybe my luck is just abysmal this morning.

Top Bottom