• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Strider

Really? Didn't have too much trouble. And NF has CPs now

That opening section was a nightmare.

Idk maybe if we had 3 people and different classes to help it'd be easier but yea I thought it was pretty tricky. I'm sure the rest of the strike isn't bad.

DNAbro

It's all about where you stand. Standing still in a good spot and they will come in a straight line. Alternatively, you can shadestep at the balls, and they never hit you. Shade step forward through the balls, then backpedal, shadestep through the next balls, backpedal. Easy

Oh wow haven't heard about that

If you're right, hopefully it doesn't glitch the fragment when they do become available in CoO. Killed them in the
Last Rite

Haven't played Wipeout in so long, but I do love the design of the new weapons. 1000 Yard Stare is so sexy!

I'm rolling only Vanguie weapons on my main. :)

I wish Crucible was as nice but that blue/green....
777mH0c.jpg

i dont like it
i dont like it

Navy Bean

When being a tank/gaze catcher for Golgoroth, how do you deal with the orbs he shoots at you? If they come at me in a straight line, I can shoot them down. It's when they start jumping around corners is when things get froggy. I try to have an open spot where he can clearly see me to avoid that nonsense.
If you have a Suros, put on focus fire, and pulse shoot it like a scout. Makes it really easy...

kidko

Anyone have a link to a write up of what happened Wednesday with the mission and the exotic? I totally missed it being sick and want to at least know the story. Thx

Guys. My brother bought destiny the original copy for like $20 and he thought TDB+HoW are not required to play TTK so he will buy it separately. Obviously, he was wrong. Is there any place, site or way to get the old dlc for a low price ?

id check to see if the gamestop promo is still active. 20.00 tradein for vanilla destiny. then he will only need 40.00 more for the package.

All right, we reached
Oryx
. Was getting tired, though, so we're holding off until tomorrow to finish him.

Great fun, though. Managed to run through everything in a little over two hours so far.

RetroMG

So has anyone here/Reddit/bNet done some science into the 3oC change? What's the downtime do we reckon? I know its super early but peeps be quick.

Reddit reckons that it's about ten minutes. I've been messing around a little. Popped five coins, killed Draksis, got nothing. Waited fifteen minutes, popped another coin, killed him, and got an engram.

pyrandes

He appears in one of the groups of major vex that spawn when the boss is about half health, just kill all the adds before you finish the boss and you should be good.

He shows up during the fight.

Just kill adds until you see him appear and maybe get the boss down 50% or so.

Make sure to kill him before Undying Mind.

Ok. Super. Thanks!
Ill plug away at it tomorrow then when I have more time to do so!
Other folks on that quest step are welcome to join in tomorrow. Not sure what time Ill start yet.

Ophelion

Reddit reckons that it's about ten minutes. I've been messing around a little. Popped five coins, killed Draksis, got nothing. Waited fifteen minutes, popped another coin, killed him, and got an engram.

I think what I'll do when I want to go for exotic engrams is suicide on Draksis, do a strike, use the Draksis checkpoint again, another strike. So on and so forth until my coins are expended or I get bored.

I just really want Zhallo. Once I've got that bad boy, I won't really care so much anymore.

RetroMG

So there's no way to use it on both bond brothers then

That would seem to be the case.

I think what I'll do when I want to go for exotic engrams is suicide on Draksis, do a strike, use the Draksis checkpoint again, another strike. So on and so forth until my coins are expended or I get bored.

I just really want Zhallo. Once I've got that bad boy, I won't really care so much anymore.

Wouldn't you still be killing two ultras quickly? The Strike Boss and then Draksis?

Anyone running Oryx right now? I have a friend who was running it with my alt last night and can do every step flawlessly, but our group wasn't high enough level and couldn't get passed
the echo
. He's 295 now and desperately trying to finish this, but I'm no longer available.

Ophelion

Wouldn't you still be killing two ultras quickly? The Strike Boss and then Draksis?

Oh yeah. Just strikes it is I guess. Will probably still keep the Draksis CP up for when I'm doing other stuff. I can just squeeze it in between other things. Finished farting around the Dreadnaught? Stop by my old friend Draksis' place on the way back home to the tower. That sort of thing.

He's a part of our lore.

He's the devil in our lore, right?

Any one need the chest and fragment from skyburners command beacon? I have a spare code and am about to use it.

Would also like someone to join me for the silent scream emblem hidden quest.

FeD.nL

Well not really lucky with the Exotic engrams so far. Had the last Word and Zhalo from my runs last week as the only primaries I got. This week, Zhalo and TLW. Ah well still got 30 coins left so enough to hopefully get something else.

Tecnniqe

Banned
290 bold red shell dropped from Vanguard Strike (NM).

Is there even a point in doing Heroic? My loot goes anywhere from 270-298 so far in 4 runs

Just got TKK, haven't played since February. Anyone mind answered a few random questions?

1) Do you keep your upgrades/XP if you get the blueprinted TKK version of an exotic that you already own, or is it basically like buying a new one with no XP on it?

2) Is the glimmer cap still 20,000?

3) If I signed up for Dead Orbit allegiance this week (the first time I ever allied), does that count as my "one change per week" or can I cancel it and switch to FWC?

4) Do you still get 2 exotic shards if you dismantle an exotic weapon/armor with maxed XP?

5) Are Exotic armor stats in TKK normalized so you don't have to worry anymore about getting a "good" one with higher stats?

Dave_6

Any one need the chest and fragment from skyburners command beacon? I have a spare code and am about to use it.

Would also like someone to join me for the silent scream emblem hidden quest.

Damn, if only I wasn't at work. Been wanting to do both of those :(

RetroMG

Oh yeah. Just strikes it is I guess. Will probably still keep the Draksis CP up for when I'm doing other stuff. I can just squeeze it in between other things. Finished farting around the Dreadnaught? Stop by my old friend Draksis' place on the way back home to the tower. That sort of thing.

That's what I'm going to be doing, I think. I like to keep Destiny up sometimes while I'm doing homework. Work for ten or fifteen minutes, then pop a coin and kill Drak.

Top Bottom