• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Someone in the other thread said BOTH Bond Brothers are Ultras?

Can anyone who's equipped a 3oC immediately after killing the first and before killing the second confirm this?

EL CUCO

Hard was available immediately in VoG.
Hard was delayed in CE.

There's only been two other raids prior to this so it was 50/50.

The trend of delayed hard mode is lame.
Zew pls. Between Story and PvP Quests, farming, and normal Raid, my OCD wouldn't be able to handle a HM Raid right away. Lol

zewone

If the HM KF raid is 310 or 320 light (which it will be) then very few of us already have the gear to be able to do it anyway.
At least let us try. I'm at 307, getting a perfect 310 is probably a ways off for me, so I'd like to try the new mode.

Can anyone who's equipped a 3oC immediately after killing the first and before killing the second confirm this?
They are both ultras. I got an exotic from the first and popped a coin for the 2nd.

Didn't get two back to back, but it works prior to this patch.

Now your chances are lowered for a set amount of time. Not worth popping for the 2nd.

Tecnniqe

Banned

It is but the new system fucked it up.

First one down dont usually drop anything the 2nd does.

However the exotic cooldown they put in there probably lower your chance by popping a 2nd by like 90%

What's everyone's 3 of coins luck been like? Just spent a couple hours running vanguard strikes back to back, used 8 coins, no exotics.
Edit: Only one legndary engram as well, from random trash. Maybe my luck is just abysmal this morning.

It was nerfed for using them quicklynin succession. They have the same value if use is spaced out like in strikes.

Somnia

Obviously it's on purpose. It's an intentionally delayed release.

It's no different than Blizzard does with WoW. You release normal mode first, give people time to play it and enjoy it. Then release hard mode a month or so later (or longer) to draw people back in and get hooked on hard mode.

pyrandes

I hit the 30 calicified collected last night and got another quest for nuking some taken knight in an updated Undying Mind strike. Got thru to the end solo (hah. Matchmaking didnt put anyone else in), but did not see the dude.

I'm curious if he's timed and just before the boss? Seemed like i only had one shot before needing to reset the strike. Was fun diving down there solo.

If other's need it Id glad to help out with it, though tonight might not be good due to raid happenings!

E92 M3

Honestly, Destiny is one of the best games I ever played. Yes, there are parts that are completely dumb (grinding materials), but overall it's a fantastic product that Bungie is putting a lot of love into.

I hope that throughout the 10 year Journey we get to keep our characters and grimoire. Will be amazing to see the players from Year 1 running around in some distant galaxy.

Afrocious

When being a tank/gaze catcher for Golgoroth, how do you deal with the orbs he shoots at you? If they come at me in a straight line, I can shoot them down. It's when they start jumping around corners is when things get froggy. I try to have an open spot where he can clearly see me to avoid that nonsense.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I just did it. First dropped an engram while we were still fighting the second so I popped a 3 of coins before the second died. I could see the buff was used both times.

Deku Tree

My Tier 3 CoO Conspiracy theory from the Grimoire:

Balwur is a Tier 3 rotating CoO boss that gives a calcified fragment.

The Deathsingers are also Tier 3 rotating CoO bosses that gives calcified fragment(s) and this is where you actually get the grimoire for them. The second one is a bigger speculation than the first.

Hustler

What's everyone's 3 of coins luck been like? Just spent a couple hours running vanguard strikes back to back, used 8 coins, no exotics.
Edit: Only one legndary engram as well, from random trash. Maybe my luck is just abysmal this morning.

*Prepatch

Used two coins for the first time the other night while patrolling on Dreadnaught. Called in the ultra boss for the beginning area using one of those worm runes. Out popped an exotic engram, turned out to be the Telesto Fusion Rifle, starting at 290.

I only bought 1 stack of toc from Xur last weekend....i'll be buying many more later today.

zewone

I hit the 30 calicified collected last night and got another quest for nuking some taken knight in an updated Undying Mind strike. Got thru to the end solo (hah. Matchmaking didnt put anyone else in), but did not see the dude.

I'm curious if he's timed and just before the boss? Seemed like i only had one shot before needing to reset the strike. Was fun diving down there solo.

If other's need it Id glad to help out with it, though tonight might not be good due to raid happenings!

He shows up during the fight.

Just kill adds until you see him appear and maybe get the boss down 50% or so.

Make sure to kill him before Undying Mind.

When being a tank/gaze catcher for Golgoroth, how do you deal with the orbs he shoots at you? If they come at me in a straight line, I can shoot them down. It's when they start jumping around corners is when things get froggy. I try to have an open spot where he can clearly see me to avoid that nonsense.

Hope this helps
Back up as far as you can. Put yourself against the wall. I like to use an AR for this fight as well.

Arrrammis

Has anyone tried doing the same farming system with Draksis that they did last week? Bungie saying that they reduced the rate might just be talk, I haven't heard anyone comparing. I might try when I get home, see how much of a difference there is.

Honestly, Destiny is one of the best games I ever played. Yes, there are parts that are completely dumb (grinding materials), but overall it's a fantastic product that Bungie is putting a lot of love into.

I hope that throughout the 10 year Journey we get to keep our characters and grimoire. Will be amazing to see the players from Year 1 running around in some distant galaxy.

Totally agree. The only thing that comes close for me is WipEout thru Wip3out.

Of course unsurprisingly they both share a dedication to exquisite graphic design. THe new Vanguard weapons, for example, are the most incredibly designed skins I've seen since the Wip3out ship designs.

E92 M3

My Tier 3 CoO Conspiracy theory from the Grimoire:

Balwur is a Tier 3 rotating CoO boss that gives a calcified fragment.

The Deathsingers are also Tier 3 rotating CoO bosses that gives calcified fragment(s) and this is where you actually get the grimoire for them. The second one is a bigger speculation than the first.

If you're right, hopefully it doesn't glitch the fragment when they do become available in CoO. Killed them in the
Last Rite

Totally agree. The only thing that comes close for me is WipEout thru Wip3out.

Of course unsurprisingly they both share a dedication to exquisite graphic design. THe new Vanguard weapons, for example, are the most incredibly designed skins I've seen since the Wip3out ship designs.

Haven't played Wipeout in so long, but I do love the design of the new weapons. 1000 Yard Stare is so sexy!

zewone

Just stand in front of him and shoot them. When you have his gaze, he only shoots 3 orbs at you, don't have to worry about laser beam.

Even if you have to get hit by one or two, you should have no problem living.

Sky Walker

Guys. My brother bought destiny the original copy for like $20 and he thought TDB+HoW are not required to play TTK so he will buy it separately. Obviously, he was wrong. Is there any place, site or way to get the old dlc for a low price ?

Arrrammis

He appears in one of the groups of major vex that spawn when the boss is about half health, just kill all the adds before you finish the boss and you should be good.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Well if they got the classic MMO route then yes we will keep our char.

If i could play this on my preferred system with FoV slider then yes, i'd agree.

Guys. My brother bought destiny the original copy for like $20 and he thought TDB+HoW are not required to play TTK so he will buy it separately. Obviously, he was wrong. Is there any place, site or way to get the old dlc for a low price ?

Return it?

LTWood12

He'd be better off returning it and just buying the legendary edition.

BraXzy

Keep a straight line of sight without any obstructions ;)

E92 M3

Well if they got the classic MMO route then yes we will keep our char.

If i could play this on my preferred system with FoV slider then yes, i'd agree.

Return it?

GAF!!!! you were right about that DO scout. From the moment I pulled the trigger I was like yeah this is VOC.

Buy it today! Also need to find some infusion fuel for it! Most likely the raid auto rifle haha. Speaking of which, I want the raid LMG so badly, yet the game refuses to give!

Give me it!

Lee

It's all about where you stand. Standing still in a good spot and they will come in a straight line. Alternatively, you can shadestep at the balls, and they never hit you. Shade step forward through the balls, then backpedal, shadestep through the next balls, backpedal. Easy

BraXzy

So has anyone here/Reddit/bNet done some science into the 3oC change? What's the downtime do we reckon? I know its super early but peeps be quick.

Top Bottom