• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Schryver

It's no different than Blizzard does with WoW. You release normal mode first, give people time to play it and enjoy it. Then release hard mode a month or so later (or longer) to draw people back in and get hooked on hard mode.

In WoW hard mode raids are available the week after normal mode.

squadr0n

So I really need to do the Nightfall but I would need 2 people to help that have done it before to help me through it because im right at the minimum light level to do it. Im on PS4 if anyone is interested in helping a fellow Gaffer get through this so I can hopefully get some better gear.

PSN: Squadon

Level: 40/ Light LvL: 283 Warlock
I have the Arc Primary fully upgraded and pretty much the best gear you can get without doing the Nightfall or Raid.

Just got TKK, haven't played since February. Anyone mind answered a few random questions?

1) Do you keep your upgrades/XP if you get the blueprinted TKK version of an exotic that you already own, or is it basically like buying a new one with no XP on it?

2) Is the glimmer cap still 20,000?

3) If I signed up for Dead Orbit allegiance this week (the first time I ever allied), does that count as my "one change per week" or can I cancel it and switch to FWC?

4) Do you still get 2 exotic shards if you dismantle an exotic weapon/armor with maxed XP?

5) Are Exotic armor stats in TKK normalized so you don't have to worry anymore about getting a "good" one with higher stats?

1) your buying a fresh one
2) it is adn lways has been 25k
3) I dont know lol. I just have one faction on each of my characters, no need to switch.
4) that was actually patched this week! so no
5) nope, still random digits

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I would guess that 300 light is going to be needed for hard mode, mayyyyybe 305. 310 is just about impossible to reach atm because of RNG.

DjRalford

That opening section was a nightmare.

Idk maybe if we had 3 people and different classes to help it'd be easier but yea I thought it was pretty tricky. I'm sure the rest of the strike isn't bad.

3 bubble titans should be easiest, just repeatedly bubble the top of the Warsat and all stay there with AoL.

Ophelion

How much of a bother is it to collect the fragments needed to get ToM? Am I going to hate myself if I end up setting my heart on trying to get this gun?

BraXzy

Finally got first exotic engram from 5th coin.

Did people ever work out if popping 5 at once had the same effect as 5 separately?

i hate hadium flakes

that feel when you open a chest and get nothing...

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136466950&postcount=5774

oh my god! you found it, been looking for this post! so epic

my favorite part is the end
I'm glad these people can't talk because I'm sure they're all fucking OCD incredibly depressed asshats like me. If voice chat was implemented I doubt I'd hear a fucking thing besides moaning and wails of fucking intense sorrow.

this was so true then, and thanks to the sword quests, its true again

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How much of a bother is it to collect the fragments needed to get ToM? Am I going to hate myself if I end up setting my heart on trying to get this gun?

None of them are hard to get. They just take time and maybe some RNG for the chest ones.

Strider

3 bubble titans should be easiest, just repeatedly bubble the top of the Warsat and all stay there with AoL.

Well yea but we didnt have a Titan so that wasn't an option

I mean Titans are hand downs the best class in the game. Any of your problems can be solved by them.

So as of right now the only way to get the Year 2 version of old exotics (armor and weapons) is to spend the legendary marks to upgrade them, correct?

Year 1 weapons and armor from Xur and random drops will all still be Year 1 versions?

Hupsel

I bought an exotic engram and got a year 1 Thorn, is there a way to upgrade it to year 2? Is it still going to be good on pvp even with 120 attack?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So as of right now the only way to get the Year 2 version of old exotics (armor and weapons) is to spend the legendary marks to upgrade them, correct?

Year 1 weapons and armor from Xur and random drops will all still be Year 1 versions?

Everything from Xur is Year 2 except the Legacy Engram.

Kyne

what's so great about the 1000-Yard Stare btw? I always see people bring it up. I have one, but I much prefer my Eirene RR4..

I bought an exotic engram and got a year 1 Thorn, is there a way to upgrade it to year 2? Is it still going to be good on pvp even with 120 attack?

Thorn has not moved into Year 2 yet, so no... and it's fine for PVP, however for level-matter events like Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris it won't be doing much work.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Does killing a Taken champion count as an "Ultra" enemy?
Using ToC out in the wild to see results.

Is there a way to see if I have a coin active?

realcZk

oh my god! you found it, been looking for this post! so epic

my favorite part is the end

this was so true then, and thanks to the sword quests, its true again

haha, i always lose my shit at that line

it sucks that after this hotfix its even worse now when I try to farm "the correct way", and chests give me nothing

Seil

Any one need the chest and fragment from skyburners command beacon? I have a spare code and am about to use it.

Would also like someone to join me for the silent scream emblem hidden quest.

Still need someone? I'll join for the emblem.

Wallach

Does killing a Taken champion count as an "Ultra" enemy?
Using ToC out in the wild to see results.

Is there a way to see if I have a coin active?

Yeah, there will be an Exotic Particles buff on your character sheet with the symbol "IX" if you have one active. It'll go away if you kill an Ultra that is a viable target for the 3oC.

Namikaze1

maxresdefault.jpg

Goddamn randoms screwing things up. :(

Tovarisc

Start by getting easy ones. Patrol, strike and mission ones are easy to gather. Then look where you sit at and what is missing. CoO can give you few with right bosses and then 5 from raid when you do it for weapon parts.

Fragments take mostly just time, not tedious grind.

No

They can also drop from nightfall, bosses in heroic strikes (use 3ofcoins) and be sold by Xur

maomaoIYP

I'm trying to play salvage and I've played 2 matches in 30 minutes with the same people. Matchmaking is pretty messed up right now.
Yeah it totally is. I'm attributing it to most of the players playing the story and quest content, the splitting of year 1 & 2 playlists, and the fact that probably only a very small group of people have made it this far into the shaxx questline.

haha, i always lose my shit at that line

it sucks that after this hotfix its even worse now when I try to farm "the correct way", and chests give me nothing

on my sword quest I was very lucky to have found a spinmetal in the divide that was right next the rocketyard area, I was able to to jet away and come back and the spinmetal would still be there. probably cut about an hour off my grind time but still took forever. you have to do it fast. I couldnt even change podcasts because I couldnt take my hand off the controller.

Top Bottom